All Comments on 'Roberto the Mechanic Stud Ch. 04'

by ChicosTodos

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
MistressKinksMistressKinksover 11 years ago
Just one more?

Good chapter, pity there's only one more to go.

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

Poor Danny. Roberto is definitely a dickhead. I'm not sure how this will get resolved, but I look forward to reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Don't speed the ending too much please. Lovin this story. I think it is time for Danny to play top at least to get back at him. Maybe fuck Chad! :) Roberto deserves some pain b/c he knew what the kid was feeling and he was a pussy not talking it out with him. I think it would be great to do two more chapters...one being DAnny's revenge and Roberto's pain...then let them work it out. great stuff :) I don't think Danny would ever trust him again though. How can he? I hope his slutty ass has used a condom everywhere else!

cannd

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

The nice comment : The sex is, as usual, hot, and I cannot wait to see the ending.

The not-so-nice comment : breakupbreakupbreakup. Yes, I wanted them to break up; not even topping or...I dunno. anything. Just, cut that jerk clean and move on, Danny. Guy is planning to go to an orgy if you didn't see his message.

The praise:

I love the characterization, the characters, while moving completely within the usual m/m trope, has more 'substance' within. And judging from my own reaction, the author did an excellent job of making me actually hate the main characters for their attitudes and behaviour instead of getting the usual tell-not-show "Look, he's a bad bad boy / he's a hopeless romantic isn't he delicious!?!?!?" treatment.

The writing is pretty fluid for a smut-filled story, and you can feel the tension and the heat. You can easily picture Roberto and Danny (compared to lots of smuts here where you just cannot imagine what the two participants look like even when you're getting paragraphs and paragraphs of their appearances)

The criticism:

In a way I do get where the author is trying to go with Roberto and his alpha attitude, Danny and his naive romantic ideals, et al. The tight writing gives little room for sympathy, and instead, well, pleasebreakupplease. Roberto became a massive douche and Danny seemed like reaping the fruit of his naivety (and the one who's laughing? The mother.)

And while I like the characters, the way the story goes.. (With the Korean drama placement inside the story, I wondered if the author is a fan of Korean drama. This type of storytelling somewhat fits with the dramas.) the pacing is too fast, and there is little to no romance builtup, making any love felt less...love, more infatuation.

The fear:

I'm just waiting if the story ends with the....road well known:

Roberto going depressed,'oh-noes-I-hurt-him' (period of empty promiscuity may be put here to juxtapose how empty sex with other people is), a mad life-changing realization of 'oh-noes-I-love-him', rushing to win him back, initial resistance from friends, family, everyone, but who can speak about matters of the heart I LOVE HIIIIMMMMM and then swearing to reform before riding together to the sunset (or to the bed.)

It's not per se, bad, but with this level of writing, I sort of hoping the plot can go beyond basic romance tropes.

The hope:

I sort of hope Danny kicked Roberto out for good, pick off his broken heart, and start living happily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

The same below anon here, and I would like to affirm that I don't hate this story. In fact I developed quite an attachment, enough for me to feel upset over the story. I have a problem with the story, true, but the writing itself is great.

And I totally have no intention to dictate how the story should end or something, just....expressing my frustration as a reader (which isn't the author's fault; I'd try to edit it if I can.)

Thank you~

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

As much as I hate rob for treating Danny like shit and breaking his heart, I still always go for the happy ending and want to see them back together! Maybe Danny will make him work for it or something. Idk but I can't wait for the next chapter

hk47enclavehk47enclaveover 11 years ago

Enjoying this story. Rob doesn't deserve danny but I like a HEA, lol. Hope they get bank together after rob gets his act together and grovels

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Oh god! I can't WAIT for the next chapter!

ChicosTodosChicosTodosover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone for the comments :D

I gotta say I'm very flattered that a) not only are people reading and enjoying my work, but b) that you care enough to give me feedback! Thank you!

I'd like to respond to the annonymous commenter who took the time to give me detailed criticism to the story:

-I do agree that things are a bit more rushed this chapter. This is mainly due to the fact that I have other commitments I need to attend to. Writing "Roberto..." has taken up all my time in the last two weeks! Of course, I could've slowed down on the writing, updating once a week or something, but I'd rather finish this all in one go and then move on to my next commitment.

-Oh, and I like erotica with happy endings :) Since I personally see erotic fiction as more escapism than thought-provoking, challenging literature, I aim for feel-good more than ambiguity or unconventionality. The one thing I did try for, though, is realism and relatability in character motivations, actions, and speech. Hope that came across!

I do hope everyone who's reading will enjoy the ending! And, I will say that this isn't the last we'll read of Danny and Roberto... ;) Oh, and thanks for the criticism! I'm constantly trying to improve myself as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting

I like the way Roberto's character is being revealed to us slowly. This chapter shows that Roberto is more than just an evil playboy...it seems he has a problem with sex addiction. I hope that he can work that out and then work on developing the loving relationship with Danny that he deserves. I also hope that Chad doesn't turn into some kind of cartoon villain coming between Rob ant Danny at all costs, that would cheapen the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So far interesting but somehow precedent story...

Although the happy ending would be nice, some truth should be also addressed in this story involving Roberto's true color, which was 1. to fxxk around with other guys, admitting his feelings for the twink and 2. to have been freaked out of the twink's 3 words. Guys like Roberto are often in the same sexual path as they have led on unless some lightening stuck their heads. So, it would be nicer that the twink boy finally realizes what he deserves for true love (preferably from somebody more faithful)!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

That was fantastic. I came here for porn but got one of the most well-written stories I've seen here. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Loved Danny's dignified exit. Roberto's a scumbag with a lot to learn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Danny's Part-time Lover

The boy was in love and Roberto was a stud who needed sex and anybody would do so he thought, but the sex wasn't as good as the sex with Danny.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChicosTodos@ChicosTodos
161 Followers
Exclusive Chapter 8 ending to Mechanics of the Heart, right here: http://www.amazon.com/Mechanics-Heart-Exclusive-Chicos-Todos-ebook/dp/B00LFWOZM6 ----- Hi there! I started writing gay erotica years ago as a teenager, and picked up the keyboard again after reading a wealth...