All Comments on 'Right Under His Nose'

by BrettJ

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
Chiara23Chiara23over 11 years ago
LOVED IT!!!

Woohoo! I get to comment first!

Loved this story, very sweet and romantic and sexy too. As a fellow author I know good when I see it and this is good! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Keep up the great work. I'm putting you on my favourite list right now, I can't wait to see more.

HUGZ!

Chiara

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

i totally hated this crap. i mean come on noone gets to be happy like this it is not fair. ok so i dont really hate it chiara said it good enough for the rest of us.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyover 11 years ago
Sweet, beautiful, and lovely

I really enjoyed this story. Two people walking side-by-side through life and not realizing they're the other one's missing half. A perfect Valentine's Day story. ~ Red

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
To Anon

'No one gets to be happy like this it is not fair' - wow, it's just a story. Aren't you reading too much into it? And generally people like to read stories with happy endings. If you don't have a happy life, I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean everyone else should suffer along with you.

Anyway, I love this story! It's short and sweet and it gets to the point quickly enough that Elliott's perfect girl was right beside him all along. Great writing, I didn't even spot any mistakes! (Or it wasn't obvious enough that I noticed it.) 5* for making me all warm and fuzzy inside!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Predictible. Well written but predictible. But with this setting, and the "preamble," you couldn't have done anything else.

BertaCDBertaCDabout 11 years ago
Doubt life in "the office" will ever be the same!

A wonderful valentines story you've shared with us. I truly enjoyed reading it. As I said in the heading the days in the office for these two lovers will never be the same again! There is now way too much closeness and love between them and they will not be able to keep that out of their everyday business life. Hopefully they won't try to either. If we had a lot more situations like this happening in today's world what a great joy it would be!!

tazz317tazz317about 11 years ago
THE 50% RULE APPLIES HERE

in that most couples, at first are unaware they belong together. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sounds like me sort of....

I loved the story. Although I never found my soul mate and likely wont at this point, Elliott's oblivious attitude towards Colleen sounds like something I would have done.

FLacLoverFLacLoverabout 11 years ago
Lovely Tale

As one of the other commentators said, I, too, have never met the perfect woman, although 45 years later, I'm still good friends with the also still single woman I asked to marry me. She answered, "No.", and was right. It wouldn't have worked for several reasons.

However, that has little to do with this well-told story. Both characters are good, nice people, and Colleen sounds like a quiet beauty. They are often the hardest ones to see when they are right under your nose every day. I liked it, and would recommend it to any essentially romantic soul.

It's well written and literate, as well as a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hmmm...

Do guys really say things such as THEY want romance? I know it's something women say and wish men would say.

BrettJBrettJabout 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks from the author

This tale seems to have struck a chord with some of you, so thanks for the kind words. Yes - the author himself WANTED romance and a long-term relationship and said so himself on several occasions. I cannot tell you how pleased I am my Valentine's Contest entry has pleased all of you, thanks again.

~~BrettJ

northlandernorthlanderabout 11 years ago
Excellent Story

Nice little love story for Valentines Day, nicely defined characters and a good if somewhat predictable story line, but hey, it is a Valentines Story, the time for Romance and there are only so many ways you can say I love You.

For the benefit of anonymous, Yes there are people who meet their one and only love and stay that way for forty years or more, I'm one and I know quite a few others, and a number of others who having lost a partner they loved, have never looked elsewhere. As a posting on Facebook puts it, we grew up at a time when if something broke you fixed it, not threw it away, it isn't easy to maintain a relationship for 50 years or more, but lots of people do.

xelliebabexxelliebabexabout 11 years ago

A very nice story BrettJ Nicely handled :heart:

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Unrealistic Male

This story was sweet but a bit unrealistic. There is no way that a single male could work with a single woman like Colleen for ten years without hitting on her, no matter what kind of woman he may date otherwise. There would have been some time between girlfriends that he would have at least considered it, and only the employment situation might have stopped him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

This story is absolutely beautiful. Definitely a favorite of mine. I love the way it builds. Hoping to see more of Elliot and Colleen's story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Keep trying...

Didn't care for it... Hate to be an ass, but there wasn't anything original in this story. The characters were stereotypical, the plot was dull. The dialogue was well crafted, though, and it isn't that the writing is bad, it's just not an inventive or creative plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
More steam

Sweet but predictable,,add more steam to your next story

IwilldoitFeb31IwilldoitFeb31almost 11 years ago
NICE THANK YOU

Good story thanks for wright it

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 9 years ago
Wonderful!

Well done! I loved it!

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Nice one!

Always like a happy ending where everyone deserving gets what they want! You do that well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved It!

Outstanding little story!

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
This was lovely

Just the right amount of romantic and sexy. He's pretty dense for not noticing her preference for him for ten years but it all worked out in the end. They're wonderful together. Really nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. It reads like true to life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous