All Comments on 'Nia Ch. 02'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Awesome

Awesome chapter can't wait to see what happens next. like the mother I hope she plays a bigger part in later chapters. Thanks

panjetarkan1panjetarkan1about 11 years ago
Excellent

A good story so far. I like the added element of the missing older sister - this is a departure from your previous stories, which while entertaining, have become rather formulaic. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent story!

Can't wait to see what happens as the plot develops, especially concerning the missing sister.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
You the man

Really like the way this story is going . I like that you might bring another sister into the picture .

ChasBChasBabout 11 years ago
Keep It Coming!

A great story, and so well written!! Has the makings of a realy fine novel - have to tone down the sex a bit, but find a good agent, and you could sell it to a brave publisher.Try the one who published Tabitha Suzuma's "Forbidden". But I sure hope your story doesn't have to end like hers.

bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123almost 11 years ago
Nia Ch. 02: - James "Jamie" and Nguyet "Nia" (Half-brother and Half-sister)

Probably one of the most intangible feelings in humans is their emotions. This story most certainly brings out the emotions of each and every reader--good, bad or (to those fence-sitters) indifference! Of course the emotions of the Author/Writer are displayed and evident in every word of each page and chapter. Personally I'm very pleased, in fact, I'm ecstatic, with the effects of the writer's emotions on my psyche; this story has played my emotions from the ultimate high to a dispondent low. The highs have been to sobbing tears of joy and a glowing warmth that eminates from my heart, to the lows of fear of what might appear around the next corner or maybe disaster, i.e., the kid's father coming home and him learning about the love of his son and daughter, Jamie and Nia, or the terror, grief and heartbreak in Ahn's (Mum's) life, etc.

The depth and breadth of this saga is awe inspiiring and ticklicious as the emotions run the gamut of love, passion, caring, devotion, understanding, heart and mind. This Writer has done meticulous research, homework and labor to prepare and publish this outstanding literature masterpiece. He makes Nia so life-like that I feel she is my little six-year younger sister (who unfortunately died much to young six years and six days ago) and I can relate to Jamie taking Nia under his wing "forever". Mom Ahn is an Icon unto herself; as the readers can feel her pain and suffering, her love for her family and the anguish of her lost first child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I feel for the dad, sheesh. Poor guy :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow

I think Dad was reasonable from a Anglo-Saxon, European culture kind of way. Mum, of course, came from a total different culture and had a child ripped out of her life as a young woman. As Moms are all over the world, if it is a normal household she is the boss even if she lets Dad think he is most of the time. So, she brought him around. Nia's his little princess. I'm not sure he wouldn't react too differently if it were any other man to doing 'grown-up' things to his little girl. I know my own daughter has been married for many years and I like my son-in-law now, but I still don't quite like the idea of him molesting my baby. Even though I get grandkids. A man with a daughter is just destined to an uneasy life. I like where this story is going and it flows so well with 'Lost Girl'.

escape24bufescape24bufover 8 years ago
i love it...

a great story.. wonderful detail...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love it

I absolutely love this story but why does Nia call Jamie “Polar Bear”. Is that something from her childhood or something like that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Re: 'Love it'

Nia calls Jamie 'Polar Bear' because he spent a year in the South Polar region working with a geophysical exploration team as part of his university degree; I guess she calls him 'Polar Bear' because the alternative is 'Penguin-boy' or 'Elephant Seal'!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I'm kind of surprised, I thought the dad's initial reaction was pretty reasonable. "Don't make me look at it while you still live here and aren't married yet." Seems pretty fair to me.

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearalmost 5 years ago
Definitely Stockholm Syndrome with a Snowflake twist

This chapter just proved my point about this story not being a case of love. never made it past the first paragraph of page 2 before I had to jump ahead and comment. First Nia's diary... So she didn't even 'realize' she was in love with him, he was just Jamie and Jamie was her's not because she loved him but because everyone him included made her believe it. Then...

"Jamie, I want to go out tonight – I want you to take me to a club, you've never, ever taken me anywhere that you weren't ordered to, so tonight we are going on a date, you got it, Kimo-Sabe?"

So, she orders him to take her out because he never does unless he's ordered to.

and to make it worse this is supposed to be a date right? So, what does she do, that's right she calls a couple of girlfriends to come along so she's not bored while he takes a piss. If a guy did that and gave the same excuse the girl would throw a tantrum and break up with the guy even though most guys are only gone from their date for 5 minutes and girls can be gone for 30 or more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@Fuzzy_Kbear

Nia brought her friends along so that when Shelagh made the move she made on Jamie and got rebuffed,she wouldn't be as humiliated as if it had happened in front of all their friends. Read for context, Fuzzy_Kbrain. As for telling Jamie to take her out, probably the last time she and Jamie had been out together she was a little girl, not on a date, just big brother allowing his little sister to tag along because he was told to take her; anyone here with a kid sister has had that done to them, so take your snotty 'Stockholm Syndrome' comment and shove it, Brainiac, until you write something better keep your kitchen-corner psychobabble to yourself , because airing your incomprehension only gives you a wider audience to appear ignorant in front of.

I hope beachbum deletes your comment, but I know he won't, he believes everyone should have a forum, even those who need to learn to read for context before blathering on mindlessly.

dikupinyadikupinyaalmost 5 years ago
well

i dont think this Fuzzy_Kbear really knows what stockholm syndrome is i see he/she uses it in a lot of comments in the wrong context

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is quite incredible, but in a very credible way! An amazing range, from some seriously funny humour to unexpected dramatic twists and real tension, the dialogue more than good enough for a top class film script; if anyone had the courage to make it into a film. Great also to have someone who writes UK English really well, careful not even to split an infinitive where almost everyone else would do so.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
4267 Followers
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Nia Ch. 03 Next Part
Nia Ch. 01 Previous Part
Nia Series Info