All Comments on 'Room Twelve'

by Scrubber

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Quivering_QuillQuivering_Quillabout 11 years ago
Creative Premise

I enjoyed your premise and journey into Room 12. The poem is pretty damn good, but there are places that it skips and wanders. All in all, I enjoyed your creativity. Thanks for sharing.

erectus123erectus123about 11 years ago
nice work with passion and perception, I found one of your lines a challenge to grammar

"stealing through the air?" With all respect, I think you have the wrong word here, you mean "wafting" i.e an oder carried in/on the air, stealing means theft; however if one concedes that you are using "stealing" as an intransitive verb you might have an argument for its correctness; however a brief thesaurus search does not reveal that expression to exist, well, now it does!

Last line is very nice although I am still not certain of its meaning, I assume you are saying the one/ones who will occupy your room will dream of passion or think of lonely souls that they do not love-kick me if I got it wrong, the line still rings nicely!

ScrubberScrubberabout 11 years agoAuthor
To erectus 123

Thanks for your very kind comments.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/steal

See meaning 2 for the intransitive verb re "stealing"

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 11 years ago
glad too see

your reply, saves me the time

i 5ed, with the same old complaint, but it nice to see someone trying

piece of advice, if writing poetry avoid the word "Passion" like the plague, it tends to lend itself to "passion builds", or worse "passion deep", which is also inverted syntax. Your job is to create passion, not name it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous