All Comments on 'Childhood Lost'

by Dark_Destiny

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
HarryHillHarryHillabout 11 years ago
I have a friend with PTSD

she cries at the drop of a hat. wish I could help her.

Dark_DestinyDark_Destinyabout 11 years agoAuthor
FROM MY HEART

This poem is about my closest dearest friend... and my lover. No sir, he doesn't cry much. In fact, he is the strongest person i know. When he does cry, especially about this, it comes from somewhere that i can NOT go, that i can not fathom, from somewhere deep within his soul that must come out. Unlike most women, i don't label him as a pussy. That is the easiest, cheapest, most ridiculous way out. THIS is the strongest, most beautiful man I have ever met. What he has gone thru would make most men a serial killer. He is sweet and gorgeous and fun. Yes, the dark times come. And they are hard to deal with. But he is my soul-mate. This man is like Rambo... what you call Hell he calls home. No person should ever have to go thru that. And there is no one i could possibly love more or feel safer with. He touches me with a purity and passion that few women ever get to feel. Because it is true and it is totally real. When he is truly deep within himself, he struggles to embrace that child who was abused beyond what most of you can fathom. He turns to me for hope and strength, tho i know he has plenty inside. He meets my eyes and his are full of tears. These crystal pure blue/green eyes that burn with frenzy and hope and passion and intensity. These are the eyes that burn for ME! not out of pity or matyrdom... but from a place that i have never experienced and would never, EVER want to go. These eyes cry because a childhood abomination can NOT destroy this man. That his love for me is the stuff that poets - yes even those that others criticize - write about. Ours is a love that most can not understand. And I am thankful for that. It is a love that is not easy, from BOTH sides. But it is a love that most people would kill to experience... And no... please continue to judge if you want. He's never asked or implied for me to save him. He is complete and whole just the way he is.

Now he is my muse. Don't ever say that to him. After all... he's still a guy...

Dark_Destiny

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous