All Comments on 'Why I Shoot'

by JagFarlane

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Woodwalker17Woodwalker17about 11 years ago

good story, its not why I do but shooting is a good healthy sport my family has enjoyed for over 30 years...I will continue until I can no longer hold a weapon steady enough to safely shoot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Detachment

Totally understand! I had one 7 months ago. I was reading a story from storiesonline. I needed to piss and went in the bathroom. Looked down at the toilet and saw a curtain just starting. I caught it to late to just tack it with lasers but early enough to avoid full blown surgery. The doc put minor topical freeze where the forceps would go and carefully lifted the eye out of my socket. Next she cryo-froze the rip, drip path and detachment from behind and put the eye back in the socket. Next inserted a syringe into the eye and removed 3/4 of the fluid. I saw the room collapse as the fluid was withdrawn. Next she inflated it with nitrogen gas. For the next 2 weeks I had to keep the bubble just so that the scars from the cryo-freeze would tack the retina in place. I have some missing pixles but still have 20/20 in that eye. Lesson - read on something with the focus changes like a kindle instead of a computer screen.

Oh and be prepared for vision nightmares.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hobbies can restore confidence...

I didn't suffer a detached retina as you did, but I suffered some pretty serious injury due to an auto accident back in 2012. Got hurt pretty bad, lost a lot of weight and strength. Was worried that I'd never be able to go back out and shoot as accurately as I once did, But, after going back out once every 6 weeks or so, I've gotten my strength back to control and think about where i wanted my shots to go. Concentration on building your skills back up can definately help reistablish your self confidence, So from one shooter to another, may the holes you poke in paper targets be plentiful. And may your time on the range be plentiful as well.

ErotonautErotonautabout 11 years ago
Pointless

What possible relevance has this got to Literotica?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

My wife is a Capt in the USAF. She's an optometrist, and if you wore a different uniform in a different place at a different time, might have seen her for the retinal detachment diagnosis and surgery referral.

Just a few quick comments:

Thanks for your service, I love your writing, and keep up the good work.

gnome_mangnome_manover 8 years ago
Erotonaut

Hi There, Please Feel Free To (Whatever) Me. Literotica is here for more than just erotica. You can certainly avoid articles like these - the title and description were certainly NOT ambiguous. It's a free country, still, and the author can write about what interests him. It is up to the Moderators to decide if it gets posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You were fortunate!

Even though your story is only a 1 pager, I gave it 5*, I had an auto accident when I was 15, when I was 61 I had a detached retina injury. The VA brought in an ophthalmic surgeon, did the surgery. It almost always causes cataracts and surgery cleared that up as well. Being a Vet, I know the procedures you went through and I am glad you have your vision in both eyes as I do too! BTW, Welcome home brother!

Maksim_lybMaksim_lybalmost 4 years ago
Neat Little Article

Hope that your eye recovered 100%. Nothing like a good range session to work that eye-hand coordination, eh? ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous