All Comments on 'The Hungry Wolf Ch. 02'

by wanderingmindgames

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
HAWT!!!

More! More! More!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really,Really good story!

Please keep writing!

EvililitaEvililitaabout 11 years ago
I am in love!

Def new fav author!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wonderful

Incredible writing. Great characters and plot. Love your dialogue this is what it means to show readers instead of telling. Really enjoyed this,looking forward to the next chapter.

fefe428fefe428about 11 years ago
Another great chapter....

I'm so glad that Charlie told him what happened to her. Although, the story was very tough to take it certainly explained a lot about Charlie even why she is probably opting to move herself from Santa Fe to Oregon. I just hope that she doesn't freak out when she finds out that she's found herself amid a pack of werewolves.

I don't like that Mira woman, and I get the feeling that she's going to pose problems for them down the line!!!

Your writing is excellent, and I really enjoy your dialogue. Keep it up, and I hope to see another update very soon!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

love it can't wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow!

That was incredible. Sad, yet beautiful. Maybe when he turns her, those scars will be healed. Not that they matter to him, but it would be great for her to never have to see them on herself again. Love the use of "At Last". Who wouldn't want to be able to sing that like Etta James. :-) I used that song myself in a non-human story that I still debate about posting. (Vamps, not weres) I'm just loving all of the characters so far. Damien's aunt is hilarious! And well written. I can really see her. His brother and sister-in-law seem like awesome alpha's. And even that witch Mira is already a villainess I love to hate. Bring it on!! I love this story!!! Great job.

NonhumancontrolNonhumancontrolabout 11 years ago
I'm in love...

I can't stop re-reading it! Love it :) thank you.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 11 years ago
Great update.

Very disturbing and hard to read but it explained a lot about her. I wonder why she didn't get rid of the scars. Surely the doctors could have at the very least cut off that skin and then let it heal so that the scar was all smooth and not letters. Why didn't they? That's a lot to live with for 20 years.

Anyway, I like them together and look forward to seeing their relationship develop.

katofpreykatofpreyabout 11 years ago
Easy read

I love an author that can wrap you into the story like you are a part of it. Great so far, looking forward to more. ♥

Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 11 years ago
Awesome

Please write more. It's good. IR2R

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great...

Sad but excellently written. Cant wait to hear how the "reveal" goes and the mating. Please keep writing!

Rud1GirlRud1Girlabout 11 years ago
Awestruck

Thank you

mrsgray2011mrsgray2011about 11 years ago
wonderful

That was great. I really enjoyed your story. I can't wait till the next. chapter . But something tells. me haven't seen the last of her husband or the she wolf.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Story

Can't wait for the next chapter ♥

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Yay!

This story is great! Can't wait for the next chapter

emidozaemidozaabout 11 years ago
great!

Looking forward to more. I thought I was through with warewolf stories but this seems fresh and romantic and a hint of action to come. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I'm so sorry!

I was reading on my phone while relaxing on the couch. When I was about to give you a 5 star my cat decided to head butt my hand and it hit 3. Ignore the 3 and I'll vote several 5's to compenstate 'cause what to cats know about good fiction? (Bad Daphne, bad cat...) I hope eventual shift will erase the scars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love this story!

Looking forward to future chapters.

countrygirlflacountrygirlflaabout 11 years ago
MORE!!

The next chapter cant come soon enough!!!!!Like yesterday would be nice,lol..

angeldustjaangeldustjaabout 11 years ago
wow

Please keep posting. I cried with her, felt hatred for her slimeball hubby, and sighed contently when they finally 'did it'. I love ur writing style. Looking forward to whatever the future holds for them. Hopefully her sleaze ball hubby gets a taste of what he did to her and more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really Good Writting

Can't wait for a chapter 3 and when they mate. I hope when they do her scares heal. Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Native Americans

Hey, this is just a subtle hint. If you don't find it useful, just ignore it. Native Americans don't touch others very often as many believe that skin contact with those who are not family could lead to possible corruption by bad spirits from other tribes. Sort of. It's difficult to explain. Just to inform you for Eva.

Other than that, this story is very good. I really liked the way Damian dealt with Charlotte's story and how she was helped through her domestic abuse by the counsellor. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for chapter 3!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So Good!

I really want this to be a book, then I can keep it with me where ever I go.

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmalmost 11 years ago
OMG!! Love it!!!

Fuckin' juicy delightful as hell...makes me hungry!!! Damn it...

only the second chapter...SHUT UP!! Can't wait to

get to the next one....yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

I know Mirabell is gonna screw with them. Charlie is

a grown ass woman...although human; I think she'll

put it on that Were bitch and just right, too.

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Nicely written, thanks. :-)

"Are you married?" he asked, tugging the skin of her neck with his teeth.

"No."

"Boyfriend?"

"No."

"Pre-op transsexual?"

Lovely dialogue, pretty much throughout, except . . .

(and again I go into editor-mode) . . .

". . . one man licking my cunt . . ." and ". . . that I wanted to have a cock in my ass and my cunt and my mouth . . ." as she tells him about her rape. The word "cunt" is still the most socially unacceptable word in the English language, so for this character, until now portrayed as a "nice" girl, to use this word is extremely jarring - particularly in the context of speaking about rape, and particularly when speaking to a man she's attracted to, but has only just met. (When a woman speaks about her own rape, she will almost always use the softest words she can think of, often to the point of not using words at all, simply gesturing to body parts to indicate her meaning.) The words are not needed for "shock value", if that's what you were aiming at - her tale is shocking enough as it is. You're writing in the non-human category, but you ARE writing romance so - apart perhaps from in dialogue involving the bad guys - it might be best to steer clear of using the word "cunt".

From a story structure point of view, I feel the part where she tells the story of her rape is possibly a bit long. In reading chapters 1 and 2, this is the only part where the "flow" doesn't feel quite right.

All in all: well-paced, well-edited, well-proofread, professional quality writing - well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Old Much

i dont think you should have made her so old.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

No! Her age is just right . . . he's much older than her - if she were any younger, she'd be unlikely to have the emotional maturity he needs in a partner.

southernmisfitsouthernmisfitalmost 11 years ago
One point that doesn't make sense

.. I found on second reading.

If you have Charly training in Krav Maga for 8 years and with some success she surely is able to mount a saddled horse with ease, because for that sort of self defence you have to have some amount of strength and coordination.

Plus a spotted horse on a cattle farm is probably a Paint Horse, not a really tall breed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I don't like that he keeps calling her "my love." She is human and 2 days really is TOO soon. I thought the reveal with the scars was well done :)

nadaliwnadaliwover 10 years ago
I am really enjoying this story.

Keep up the story telling.

*****

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
My Charlotte

Just love it

mary666mary666over 10 years ago
love it

i really like this story. And finally somebody writes about grown ups and not the typical virgin girls with "barriers"! XD

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_ealmost 10 years ago
good story

somehow feel the ex-husband is going to make a short cameo soon now that he's up for parole..i'm giddy

wanderingmindgameswanderingmindgamesover 9 years agoAuthor
It's me

Hey there - today is Monday, October 27, 2014, and yes, I am alive.

Sorry to have left you all so long, sorrier still to have left Damian and Charlie for so long. I have been through almost a year of one heartbreak after another. An end to a marriage of almost two decades, an end to a new relationship, an end to friendships I thought were wholly unbreakable...the pain, the hurt, was real, it was physical, and it clouded everything. Even the precious time I spent with the Dimeos and Charlie.

Yeah, I know how it sounds. But consider this: it's not an EXCUSE. It's an explanation.

It took me a while to get over it all. But I did. The past is the past; I cannot change what happened, and honestly don't think I would wish to at this point.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. I am writing again. It was hard to start again, but that - thankfully - was short lived. Even better, I am hearing Damien and Charlie and Becky and everyone again. Which is a grand thing.

I will have the next chapter up ASAP.

Best,

-W

jhollanderjhollanderover 9 years ago
Just beautiful

An incredibly emotional and potent chapter, made even better by exceptional writing and dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My only problem

The - and I mean THE - only thing that annoyed me about this chapter was you writing about horses but having no idea about the gaits.

Trot comes before canter, and a lope is a western version of a canter, only slightly different. You imply the lope to mean gait or speed, which annoyed me a little, I'm sorry to say.

Otherwise amazing story so far!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Something to think about

I noticed that often authors on this site, who are otherwise perfectly good, casually employ racist stereotypes. In this case, there was no need for the rapists to be "three rather large Hispanic men". This is weak and falls back on stereotypes of Hispanic men as drug dealing & violent. It's wrong regardless, but also, particularly weird when her husband is addicted to crystal meth, which is made mostly by whites in rural areas (look it up). Stereotypes don't add to a story; you don't need them and you have compelling story without having to resort to them.

CatsEye4477CatsEye4477over 7 years ago
Jane Eyre

Liked the Jane Eyre feel of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Name confusion

Love the story. Noticed this passage on the first page of the chapter:

"This is the main house," he explained. "The bottom floor here has the main offices, communal kitchen and gathering rooms, security center and hall. The top two floors are where Damien and I live; he and his wife have the north wing and I have the south."

If Damien is showing Charlotte around this would cause her some confusion (!). I think you mean Darian.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous