All Comments on 'Air Possum'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 217 Comments
DepopuloDepopuloalmost 11 years ago

Once again another quality story. Guy was a bit of a sucker for helpin out the x's like that but hey, there are alot of guys who would end up helping atleast x 1 for the kids sake.

See no need to coment on length or story content in general as it was all done well.

Thanks for another great read from one of my favorite lit authors. Keep on writing and we'll keep reading and enjoying... may not like everything ya do, but just like a couple of other people here, everything i see posted by you I atleast give a chance to, and if I dont like it, I know your next offering may be just as enjoyable as previous fair.

5/5

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 11 years ago
Another excellent story

I greatly enjoyed this. It's always a pleasure to read the latest from this author, whom I thank.

leviayersleviayersalmost 11 years ago

i sure enjoy your work [hobby]. thanks 5

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 11 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing...

ambush184ambush184almost 11 years ago
once again

I almost didn't read this one. Shame on me I would have missed a really good one. Thanks. A real 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
almost.....

ambush184......ditto

katranmankatranmanalmost 11 years ago
Another Winner

A little different but every bit as good as your best. Great Job, and thanks for your efforts!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Financial Sense

The best part about the story was financial Pay two bucks more and keep the jobs at home. This author not only writes coherent stories but they make sense too. Research goes with a good ,story. This author does it constantly.

obtusemanobtusemanalmost 11 years ago
Great story!

You are a phenomenal story-teller. Thanks for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great read

Excellent story telling - one of the best I have read on Lit - and I have read a lot!

GentleVikingGentleVikingalmost 11 years ago
Nice

Very nice as always if a bit rushed. Could have been fleshed out a bit more.

Thank you for sharing

gravyruggravyrugalmost 11 years ago
More please

And by more, I mean this story needs more. It read like you were racing to get through it. Good story in general, but it needs fleshing out a bit (once again, especially the Love Of His Life! Give her more than a few snarky comments and some hot sex, please).

The first few stories I read of yours were long, multi-part things with lots and lots of detail, well established characters, and even the parts I didn't really agree with were well done. These last few have seemed like pale shadows of those earlier stories.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 11 years ago
Another

Great one. Thanks.

Wolf_HowlWolf_Howlalmost 11 years ago
pretty good

liked it quite a bit though as one person said the romance seemed a bit too rushed or under detailed. also near the beginning you mention zach doesn't like boats as he cant stand being out of sight of land yet near the end he takes a cruise which seemed a bit odd to me. for the most part great story 4/5

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing this truly enjoyable read.

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
another great one.

I love happy stories. thanks for another great one

thatrobthatrobalmost 11 years ago
Another home run

My god, don't you write the best characters ever.I have yet to read one of your stories that doesn't make me tear up a little and laugh out loud.What a great talent to have.As always I await your next missive. Thanks for your time and effort.

KirkelKirkelalmost 11 years ago
You are the dude!

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Thank you for another great story. I was right when I decided I had to read everything you wrote and, so far, so good (2 for 2).

Keep writing.

L

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 10 years ago
Storytelling at its best!

I just finished reading this for the third time. I loved it the first time through and nothing's changed since! Thank you for sharing it with us.

coolpencoolpenover 10 years ago
Characters!

Full of characters I now feel I know.

A great read.

yyaankyyyaankyover 10 years ago
Great stories

This has been a great read. I am working my way through your stories and having a great time. Thank You

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
Thanks again....

Thanks again for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Time to move on

You have talent. You need a book deal. An editor. And if you already have those, leave us some clues. Obvious ones for us thick-skulled Neanderthals.

Thank you for writing. I cry too much reading your stories, but it's good therapy.

auhunter04auhunter04over 10 years ago
IF Only

everyone else has poured enough syrup on this story to float at least a small raft.

the touch that caught me totally unaware was the one liner about the Wounded Warrior Program

All American made and how much is America worth to you was another homerun

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
wishful and wistful

Another terrific story by qhml1. I love your writing style and greatly enjoy your engaging characters. This story leaves me wishful and wistful that modern fairytales such as this, could possibly come true. Unfortunately most businesses are run by bureaucrats, entrepreneurs rarely survive the first cut. But I guess a case could be made, that getting booted by the Wall Street Mobsters does encourage the inventive to get back out there and create something new.

I realize everyone believes that products made in China or India should sell for less but that is only because the stiff transport and energy costs are subsidized by the ignorant average taxpayer who meekly bears the burdens of the onepercenters. This is the price of being a global empire. As well as our addiction to shiny, pretty toys.

As for Zach's reluctance to go sailing on Sherry's boat. The difference between a little sailboat and a modern cruise liner is the difference between camping in a puptent and staying at a top of the line, Lost Wages luxury hotel. With a little effort, Zach could go to sea and usually avoid seeing the sea for most of the cruise.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 10 years ago
Wish it did't have to end

Every once in a while you come across a story that you are sorry to see end...this is one of those...great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another great read

I've enjoyed two of you stories out of two that I've read. I plan to read all of them. Great stuff.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Jeez - you f\do good work

This is another winner with good people and bad but the good works and for the right reasons not simple fantasy wins like so many -

Everything here could happen just as described - very nice

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
Do you think you got into a bit of a hurry at the end?

"We started out on hoodies and tees, giving out models the first ones, to get the look out into the community.

We married, and I met her son for the first time. She had him late, and he had just graduated college. Of course, we brought him in. It was a family business, after all. Greg took him under his wing, and Jerry helped.

Rosalind met a man and it turned serious. Before we knew it she was married and moved away."

History of the world, part III

All of the problems of the world solved because he is a millionaire

RePhilRePhilabout 10 years ago
Brilliant!

Thank you for a wonderful story

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Yet another five star story

Once again great characters and an intriguing story line. Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
back at rightbank

I think you are right and he knows it. The same thing happened on summer at the lake. he sees that finishing post and bolts like a two year old.

It is a shame as the set ups are always good but it seems just as he has it right he goes for a quick close. It was funny watching him tick all of the boxes, like the parade of ex wives coming back for closure for instance. I suspect he is writing the great novel and dips in and out of literotica for a quick fix of interaction.

Still a sound story 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not bad

Except on page one the first wife is unnamed, but he still has a good relationship with her. Then later in the story it turns out she raped him in the divorce and he doesn't want to see her. A little inconsistent. Except for everything turning up roses and every woman either moved to tears or wanting to screw him, its a decent "best revenge is living well" story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Where do you get your ideas

That's 3 of your stories I have read back to back each one excellent and that's from an old romantic

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

Sure would be nice if America had more businessmen who thought like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I still love your romances and for the same reasons. I may try your other stories and hope I am not disapointed.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GOOD STORY

LIKE YOUR WORK IT IS A SHAME THAT HIS TWO EX WIVES COULD NOT STAY FAITHFUL. NOW AMY WILL TAKE CARE OF HIM AND ONLY HIM. GOOD STORY ABOUT KEEPING WORK IN AMERICA .

RON

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Reads just as well second time around

Surprised there aren't more comments on this one. Simply excellent! One of the best stories on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it!

Great story, as are many of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So warm and fuzzy . . .

Just like a . . .

Thanks for the feel good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GOOD STORY

GLAD THAT THE THIRD TIME WAS A CHARM. GAIL GOT HER DREAM GOOD FOR HER. THE STORY I HAVE READ NUMEROUS TIMES AND IT IS IN MY FAVORITES. YEA MADE IN AMERICA

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

FarmerJGDFarmerJGDover 9 years ago
Very Good

This story was different in that there was not as much explaining all the different kinds of sex and extreme details about it. Very refreshing and well written, kept my interest all the way through it. Some of the stories have lots of sex and sometimes it can get a bit boring, same old stuff over and over, but this had a good story to it and RIGHT ON FOR MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I don't read Romance Stories

Taking the title of my comment into account , this is one of the best stories I have read on Literotica ! I read it end to end in 1 sitting . I could not stop . Keep up the good work .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow

Beautiful, poignant, uplifting. Keep publishing, please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good reading--

reading stories that you don't want to end is what good writing is all about. Keep up the good work.

Doc

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Wow!

You did it again. Another great story - what an imagination you must have. Loved the redneck and 'made in America' aspect and 'what is your country worth to you'. The only negative that I have is that this story had to end. I wish it was a whole lot longer.

Thank you for a truly amazing story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Just Wonderful!

Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Don't you ever fail? Between you and the other great writers in this genre I (only a lowly reader not a great writer like yourself) have run out of superlatives to describe the work that you great ones do to give us to give so much enjoyment.

Ed Grocott

edgrpocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good one

I can relate to this story. had a couple of wives like that, ok with what they done on the side. at 40 married a lady that I had known for almost 10 years & we were together for 27 years until she passed away . that was in 2011 & every year since she past still feels like it was just a few months ago. still wake up at the time she passed every night.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Good story about good people (mostly)

Thanks for the entertainment, and feel good sentiment.

ontheroadforeverontheroadforeverover 8 years ago
I just keep re-reading it!

I've read this many times, and it keeps getting better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great

Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Second READ

Even BETTER this time around, PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best Supporting Actress

I love Mavis! *LoL*

Good story. Great buildup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

You are still doing great and are still in the #2 position. I will continue reading.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

Sak77Sak77over 8 years ago
To Sherry,

Here's your money. Now, don't go away mad; just go away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

i am still reading &this is getting harder to judge. Between my stories the best one is the last one I read.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

ThepornwriterThepornwriterabout 8 years ago
Great

Great Story I like happy endings, and the America theme!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Great read

It was entertaining. The characters and the plot was realistic.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 8 years ago
One More Time

After God knows how many times, I just finished reading this again, and as always it leaves me with a feeling of peace. There are two stories that do this for me, this and 'An Unexpected Reaction.'

Thank you again for sharing your insights with us.

Hans

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
One of the Best

Stories on this site! Definitely one of the best "feel good" stories ever. Thanks!

SoMikeSoMikealmost 8 years ago
I'm one of those evil liebruls...

...and I probably buy American more than some conservatives. American-made, union-made steel-toe work boots (Thorogood, more comfortable than Red Wing and Carolina, etc.; built like a tank, five years on, and they are still going strong. Even the leather is USA-sourced now), American-made jeans (carpenter pants, through All American Clothing Co.; they also have other cuts of jeans, and women's clothing, too, plus socks and belts), American-made flannel from The Vermont Flannel Co.(made in Vermont, though the cloth--of an extremely high-quality fabric--is sourced from Europe), HiVis safety wear (So many sources on the web, too many to list here), socks from Wigwam and others, hand tools (getting difficult; Irwin has been on a shopping and shipping it to China spree: forget USA-made ViseGrips. Chinese). I work as an OTR truck driver, and I have transported a lot of Chinese and foreign-sourced (ie, cheap labor) products, so it pains me to even step into a place like WalMart, and find nearly every scrap of clothing and shoes and household products with a made in China, etc, label. And I may have transported it there (WalMart warehouses are a pain in the ASS, BTW). Fortunately, I go mostly to replenish my food stores after a couple of weeks on the road. Anyway, just because I think Donald Trump is nothing but a huckster, and Hillary Clinton is just a corporate whore, doesn't mean I don't love this country of ours. I see it every day from nine feet up, and through the vast expanse of windshield on my 2013 International ProStar, so how could I not love it. Damn pretty country we have here.

Good story, liked the characters, and reading about an albeit fictional clothing company making products in the US. Sure the clothes I just mentioned can be more expensive than foreign-source products, but you're helping our country, and the workers in other countries (too long to go into an explanation) by buying from USA-made companies. Good dialogue, too. There are some authors here who seem to think that humans talk in run-on sentences. Painful to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You're a good writer but

even with that ... it is still the story you write that is the important thing. You aced it with this one. I believed it and liked it too. Hmm, I didn't notice any mis spelling either. Good job and thanks for entertaining me again. Scotty

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 8 years ago
To the last Anon

you really need to read more carefully, there were a number of spelling errors, still a #5 story. TK

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 8 years ago
Excellent.

Great story, well written.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 8 years ago
There were a bunch of spelling errors.

One that really aggravated was bitmitton, badmitton. Badminton, where have you gone?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

i never much notice the spelling errors or other editing issues with stories that are this good .

somehow my mind just makes the correction on auto pilot & / or fills in the blanks.

with tales of a lesser quality , yeah it does sometimes become a problem and detract from the reading experience .. however with the truly enjoyable , well written stories ... i somehow manage to ignore it & just consider it / imagine it to be "theft prevention" on the Authors part .

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
IN THIS DAY AND AGE

people with good work ethic, morals, integrity and loyalty. They are hard to find, but, when you do its all stars and happy faces. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loved It

Great to see "the Good Guys" win for a change. Great story line which held my attention. Enough emotion to ruin a pack of Kleenexs. Thank for sharing. 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Entertaining Story

Cheating wives the second one out of desperation to save her company the first just seemed like a bitch and once he was in the money wanted to make nice. Gail was just foolish . A good story in my favorites.

Ron

mcwhorter28445@ gmail.com

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"She did it to save her business." - This MIGHT have been believable, if not forgivable, if not for: "Lots of practice." and NOT with him!

"For some reason Rosalind didn't think it was funny." - Hey, if she wants to be included in family events she has to accept that Zach is going to bringing Significant Others at times.

"Gail had insisted I make it a separate business, so she wasn't losing anything." - Separate or not, she's still losing the profit they could have had.

"I'm not moving in right away" - She's worries about quirks, but wouldn't you need to live together to discover those?

"I'm not above listening in on private conversations." - So you know what he said, and that you have no reason to be jealous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Full of... You!

You write a fairly similar tale, but you do it so well that I enjoy every one.

My fav quote:

"

Damn, parents are so hard to raise, aren't they Deb?"

She was trying to hold the laughter in.

"Yes, but they're so cute at that age, aren't they?"

"

I almost made a several page list of these - then I stopped and laughed at myself: When was the last time I quoted porn? Oh... I realized, this isn't porn, this is a helluva good story, call it a romantic-dramedy for lack of better terms, but it comes down to the fact that you are an entertainer - Thanks!

Jason

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 7 years ago
good bosses are hard to find

when I started to work there loyalty to the employee , and it went both ways . the last 2 assholes didn't know the word. the last 1 got caught taking machinery from the place reported as stolen ins company caught up with him & he lost everything. couldn't have happen any better.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
2nd read

Still enjoyed it as much as the 1st time.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago
Loved it!!

I love the ideas you came up with, and I think you could probably start a company around the little possum and her family. Thank you for a wonderful story, keep writing!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great romance, love, family and business story

A great story of dismay (2x), business, family and new romantic love at the end.

I liked how the story was written, which is explained in it and the ending (although Gail was a bit small bitch).

I hope the author continues to write such stories for a long time.

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language (yet, working to solve that)

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
Great Story.....

..... from one of the best authors on the site. Thanks for a terrific read.

pip1247pip1247about 7 years ago
Loved It!

You have some of the best stories in this site. They are clear, concise and keep me entertained. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent Story and well writtenl

Who are these commenters who keep griping about spelling and grammar in these "free stories". Every hard covered fiction, non- fiction and university text book that I have read have had some spelling or grammical errors in them. You commenters are just a bunch of losers who couldn't put a two page story together that is with reading. You cretins should stop reading these story if all that you are going to do is to complain about spelling and grammatical errors!

Buddy1945Buddy1945almost 7 years ago
Heck of a story

Twists and turns in Zack's life but America Pride, family and love won out. Heck of a good story and it's possible that it could happen in real life. 5 stars and in my favorites.

jackh1962jackh1962almost 7 years ago
Agree Anon 3/31/17

I absolutely agree about the English Lit. critics that can't write or spell but feel that they need to tear down someone else's work for no other reason than they can from the safety of their keyboard.It's certainly not because they can do better.Then they hide behind being an anonymous,although sometimes that be because they have not signed up as a Lit. user yet.I commented a few times before joining.I don't go looking for things wrong in someone's writing when I'm reading here,and I think that it's kind of silly to do so .Some won't take into consideration things like regionalisms,It has to be perfect grammer according to some college English Lit class. On occasion I will see something that I feel needs commented on,sometimes I'm right,sometimes I'm wrong.There nothing wrong when telling someone that they are wrong about something at times if done in an attempt to be constructive,but there is no reason to call names or to be rude about it.With some writers that I follow it seems like they draw people that go to their stories,not to read them but to try and tear the writer apart,some admitting they did not even read the story before commenting because it was too long or followed the same formula that he/she uses.And I'll admit that I can't do what these writers do,because I'm not one,won't pretend that I can.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very nice

You're guickly becoming one of my favorites. . Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Alls well that ends well

Great story. I hope to read more from you.

waifwaifover 6 years ago
I Almost...

...didn't read this story. I am so glad I decided to give it a shot.

LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissMudMissMudover 6 years ago
Enjoyed this a lot!

I really like your work. I started reading your "Loving Wives" stories and then started reading your "Romance" stories when I finished your LW ones. Both are very good, but your Romance stories are so uplifting. This could have been LW, but clearly ends up being a Romance. I get really tired of all the BS some commentators put out. Technical nitpicking, anger and other garbage. They miss the point. You write these stories and share them with us because you like to do it. ( And you do it well.). I read them because they are well done and they give me such pleasure. I laughed and cried at different points in your story and was sad when I finished it because I wanted more! You share a great talent with us and I appreciate, not only this story, but your whole body of work. Thank you. Five stars!

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Loved it!

I really enjoyed this story.

Not only a good premise but we'll written too!

There is life in us old dogs! Lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great again

Enjoyed it just as much the second time around. Thank you.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
still 5*

One of my favorites

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Nice One

Always fun to go back and reread some of the good previously published ones. This is a nice “feel good” story. Thanks.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
Excellent

This story was funny and heartwarming. Gives the reader that warm fuzzy feeling.

Woodbgood

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great!

This is a really wonderful story. As is just about every story from this author. I only have one little quibble with it. Giving the ex-wife a job in his company. Bad move. Ex-wives are good for two things, and only two things. Cussing at, and killing. Figuratively speaking, of course. Of course. Other than that, I loved the story.

cybojicybojialmost 6 years ago
Always make me laugh

Very human stories that we can relate to. There are some really great people out there taken advantage of by the not so good. Hope you keep writing. Thanks for the smile today.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
"Shut up, you idiot, and let me be happy."

Very inspiring there. This how they show love and honor these days? To love and cherish your idiot?

Also, I guess long, meandering stories that seem so watered down by minutiae aren't my thing.

Sak77Sak77almost 6 years ago
Yup

I'd buy their clothes. Possums and made in America? Hellz yeah! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
ok for 'ennertainment' (sic), but...

...it's corny americana, including Afghanistan ("in harm's way" for god's sake, from the invader's point of view). Also weird, a fifty four year old acting like an oldster (I can say that, at seventy eight - but then, I am Canadian). You write fiction, so no harm, I guess.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
life after 50

just because you hit 50 life doesn't quit . at 75 I know . a feel good story for all of old coggers you get wiser with age . now a days you can out work , out think they younger ones .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8967 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories