All Comments on 'The Restraining Order'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
kind of obvious

not that original and done before. Its s not a bad story but it was obvious from the get go that the wife's lawyer Boyfriend was up to .

The issue is WHY would any wife accept these photos with talking to the husband about. Sure at first she might be very upset and angry but at SOME point she should of at least WANTED to talk to him before throwing him out .

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Excellent Story

There are all sorts out there and I do not find it difficult to imagine that some wives would react exactly as this one did. What amazed me was the idea that Tony had some sort of cloak of invulnerability because he was a lawyer. Personally I find it difficult to imagine that the reaction to his behaviour could be anything but repulsion and disgust.

The Eva bit was fascinating... What would have happened if she decided to give up the escort business and cleave only to Richard? I know that our local wisdom would be that she is a slut and can not be trusted, but how does one prove that the declaration is anything other than a fantasy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
True, it has been done before

However, this story seemed more complete than other similar ones.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
pretty good

from the moment you started in this story. what is completely incomprehensible in this story, as we see 2 perfectly "normal" characters, is how it could come to this point.

so many little mistakes. the family (both sides) where always there to help. no divorce goes without a lawyer in such a case. so the obvious she saw after a year would have been seen by brother , mother, brothers wife , lawyer........

Also the fact that the woman got fuck in her ass is wrong when he has never done it.

and bore that asshole was not yet her lover so I can't see how it could have come to that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
re: kind of obvious

That's what I suspected about 1/2 way through the first page, so I skipped to the end (skimming here and there) and found out, yep, I was right. You had about 2, maybe 3, pages worth of story stretched to 6.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
It's the journey not the destination

You guys are missing the point. This is the Romance category and this story is a love story not a who dunnit. Of course it was obvious who was at the root of the problems. If you'd read the story you would have realized that it was about how the couple dealt with a situation, not who created it.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
I liked this one.

I'm reminded of a Spanish bullfight: the bull just keeps charging at that cape and never sees the sword until it is too late.

Not exactly the sort of story I expect to see in "Romance, and I'd probably not have looked at it if I hadn't seen the author's name. But very nicely done.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 11 years ago
Not so fast!

I really enjoyed this story when I first read it. However, by the time I got to the end, I was uneasy about a few details. Just what was Tony's status prior to the photos arriving? A new arrival is suddenly a frequent lunch partner and close confidant? Cathleen sees no problems with divulging intimate details of her marriage with another man? He is such a close 'friend' that she allows him to make the decisions in her divorce case and moves him into her home (and bed) immediately after? I think the biggest red flag was when she said she wanted Tony punished but, "couldn't make myself as angry as Richard was." Why was it such an effort to work up anger against Tony? I could understand Richard's obsession with punishing Tony, but that only highlights the oddity of how easily he forgives his former wife. She rapes him in the divorce and moves his replacement into his house, his bed, and his family virtually overnight and he has no issues with that? I enjoy your work and I look forward to your next story, but this one left me feeling like we left our hero in the middle of a mine field.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well, this is much better

for "Lit." I haven't read all or even most of it, but I like the guy's voice. It's growly and funny.

Actually, I love the guy's voice.

Why do people need bodies?

Or maybe this writer can just throw his voice--anywhere, any way? He copies voices? He's an actor?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Shame the only "romantic" choices in this story was between a whore and cunt.

Im not sure how Richard could so easily forgive his living wife who divorced him and basically stole his house and most of his money by blackmailing him with the threat of taking his kids from him, the fact that she moved her lover into the family home so quickly after the divorce would be just another reason to not get back together.

This was not one of your better stories but thanks for writing it anyway.

IrfonIrfonalmost 11 years ago
One of your Best...

Perhaps he was right (with his anger) but she was naive and too trusting.

Good story,well told - De Ya Ken ?

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Richard did good

Very good - he managed to control himself when he was fighting a losing battle and win the ones he could and ended up on top.

She was too trusting and he got suckered - but that could happen.

She did not Do much of what happened to her husband Tony did without her knowing so she got suckered too - both have a right to be angry and disappointed etc but working it out is the right choice IMHO

Well written either way thank you

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

tell the cheating whore to fuck off and thank her for the kids visits but she is a whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story - well written

Only a couple of hiccups. In the original divorce, why didn't his lawyer examine the evidence of his infidelity more closely? If the ex-wife can see the problems in the photos, why wouldn't a competent lawyer see them? And even if he didn't, he still would have gotten ample visitation in the divorce. Why didn't he? And why wasn't his attorney aware of the Restraining Order? He would have been sent the notice as a matter of course. Wouldn't that have raised questions? And after the depth of her betrayal, why would he go back to the ex-wife? He had the time with his kids, why take the short sighted ex back? Anyway, I enjoyed it. Keep writing.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago
what rubbish

Hubby can't remember cheating yet fails to put any effort into checking out the photos? He agree's to get raped in court with no hope of a life all so he can see his kids yet does nothing about the restraining order?

Utter rubbish.

dairetodairetoalmost 11 years ago
Another enjoyable story

This is a story people, just read it and enjoy it.

It is actually really nice to see an author spell correctly and not mix up the names of the characters

gulshannraygulshannrayover 10 years ago
THE RESTRAINING ORDER

A SUPERB STORY. DeYaKen has done it again. I have read two of his other stories so far "GUARDIAN ANGEL " and "SUGAR DADDY". and appreciated their worthy content.

I hope to be able to make similar appreciation of his other stories in due course.

KEEP IT UP.

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
loved it

It would have been better if he dated a bit more before the reconciliation....

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
yep she got off lightly...

and unlike some others, I believe in reconciliation in this case....but he should have dated a bit more,if not to torture her but to show the pain he suffered...she jumped guns and divorced him without talking to him first.....and I support reconciliation here because she wasn't trying to cheat him...I do love a burn the bitch story and hate reconciliation after cheating...if you write a btb story please mail me...and if you write enough of them, you are gonna be my next favourite author...

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago

by the way I meant btb with hope of love for the protagonist with a someone who deserve him...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
knew the ending within the first couple paragraphs

mystery woman at a company gathering that no one knew? Photographs taken of Richard fucking the mystery woman? How did the photographer know where and when to be at the right motel to take pictures. Obvious set up, obvious the new boyfriend was behind it all. Obvious Cathy was as dumb as a rock. Could only read the 1st chapter, as they say, it was not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
ok

This was just okay for me. As other commenters stated, it was predictable to an extreme, from very early on. Great writing, but the plot is so unrealistic as to be laughable. Maybe knowing a thing or two about the court system made this tough to swallow. The emphasis on rebuilding what they had anew was good. The wife did seem about as smart as a box of rocks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like part of the story but the ending was weak

No way I would take. Her back for dumping me and sleeping with another after a one

time mistake that was a set up ,she could have given him some slack. Then practically bankrupting him, taking more than a pound of flesh she wants him back after realizing her mistake. I say fuck her.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years agoAuthor
I don't normally do this

If I have to explain then I've failed somewhere. As someone else said the story was not a who dunnit it was a love story. It was about a woman trying to put right the biggest mistake of her life. That was the reason I put it in Romance.

I wrote the story at a time when I was having great difficulty finding an editor and as a result no one saw the story between my writing it and publication. This meant that in some places I didn't explain things as well as I could.

If I was to re-write it there is one thing I would change. Cathleen is obviously a fiery character but when she found out about Tony she was restrained. I should have let her physically attack him as that would have been more in character.

I make no apologies for Richard forgiving Cathleen, it is what he would have done. His real anger would have been directed where it belonged at the man who set him up. Cathleen would have been focused on repairing the damage, not revenge.

If you're looking for BTB then don't read my stories. I find them remarkably easy to write but I end up scrapping them or changing them. I find that I don't like the characters, they are so full of hate that I find them unlikeable.

blkhrtblkhrtover 10 years ago
I think

Being a man I loathe cheating. But I think Cantbuymy wants blood at all cost. There is a question I want to ask. What would you do if you r sure, that your spouse is cheating? Will you go ahead and confront and loose half of your earn to cheating spouse. Here I found the wife is doing what is just. Took her cheating husband to cleaners. Only after divorce, she wanted a RELATIONSHIP, not a affair. But as soon as she learnt she is played like a fool, she did what she had to do. Again I favor the BTB story. But I don't find one here. I found a wife who wanted to do right thing but messed up in doing so.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A GOOD HUSBAND DOES WHATS RIGHT

and stands tall against all negatives. TK U MLJ LV NV

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
A disturbing,

Yet entertaining story. I could not stop reading until I reached the end, the I wanted more. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The story is unbelieveable

First of all no lawyer is as stupid as Tony in this story. If he wanted a restraining order against the Richard, he probably could have talked the wife into making it happen. Why not, he has been able to get her to do everything else against Richard. Also the part about Tony getting himself charged with assault TWICE is highly unbelievable.

Secondly, no wife is as stupid as the wife in this story. No wife would let someone else who is not her lawyer executes her divorce proceeding, not even the dumbest blond bitch ever in existence. The wife in this story is supposed to be some kind of law officer herself with her own office so how could she be so stupid. The setup doesn't make sense.

Thirdly, if the wife is talking to a male friend about her family situation, she is looking for an excuse to escape her marriage by giving him ammunition to break up her marriage. It's the first step of betrayal, and her babbling to Tony was probably him targeting her and her family. Women don't cheat because they want bigger dicks, or because they are nymphomaniacs (there is no such thing). They cheat because they want out, and there is no way she would want Richard back despite the evidence. Throw all the world's evidence at her and she would still convince herself that she did the right thing divorcing Richard and allowing Tony into her bed, because that was what she probably wanted in the first place.

The story is well written, but unbelievable.

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Nice Story, But...

This was a well written, entertaining story. But why does a story have to be a BTB story or a Wimp take her back no matter what story? There is a middle ground, forgive her, become friends only (no making love, etc.) but move on with his life. His ex already had his replacement way to quick, and was too easily manipulated. He should be friends with his ex for the kids sake, give all his love to his kids on whatever basis they can work out, and find another woman to give his love. I sometimes wish that I could write as well as DeYaKen and some of the others who always want to take the cheating wives back. I guess I believe a man has to have pride and respect for himself - and it is not always a bad thing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very good, but there was one detail that I found a little annoying . . .

When the wife discovers that she had been tricked by Tony, her reaction is muted. She seems resigned to the fact that she probably won't be able to get her husband back. In fact, she doesn't seem to try very hard to get him back. Her concern is justified, but before coming to that conclusion, I would think she would be desperate to get him back - begging, pleading, explaining how it wasn't her fault, etc. I would even expect her to be under the delusion that if she could just tell him what happened, he would take her back. It would be a delusion of course, but that does seem to be the normal progression of human emotions, especially when an outsider is the one that caused all the damage. I even found it perplexing that her character claimed she wasn't really that mad at Tony - at least not as much as her husband. Very curious. I would think she would be the most upset. Not only did Tony hurt her husband, trick her into the sack, but also hurt her children. Mama bears don't react so calmly when their cubs are hurt by an outsider. To me, that seemed a big flaw in the development of the storyline and characters. It seems you skipped that part and went right to the resignation segment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
what fucking wimp..

6 months his wife is banging her lover bareback... that alone woudl warrant a full aids test., who knows what diseases he is carrying.. she couldn't wait to disbelieve her own "true " love .. totally unbeilievable

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
It really was her fault

All the signs that told her the photos were fakes were right before her eyes the first time she saw them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

my only problem with the wife is that what if he really had cheated? Cheating is bad but it was only once, The wife wouldnt forgive him and she raked him in the divorce all over one mistake. In most of these stories if the wife slips up once then she should be forgiven but if its the man then hes a no good asshole... on top of that she could prbabl still get the kids, the house and half of savings while he gets squat. Is the legal system really like that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A collection of dumb characters

These people you describe are unbelievable stupid.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
I like the way you tell a story

I thoroughly enjoy each and every one of you stories. I read some of the comments that others have offered and am bewildered at the lack of enjoyment contained in their critique. I hope that you will continue to entertain and challenge our reading time.

Thanks for sharing your talents.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THERE IS ALWAYS CAUSE AND INTENT

once either is broken and trust is involved who knows the outcome, TK U MLJ LV NV

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
An affair

Cathy had an emotional affair with Tony that started before the set up of Richard and before the divorce. This is how almost all cheating starts and how Tony got control of any of them. Any spouse who shares their emotions and marital issues with someone outside their marriage is violating the marriage. I liked Cathy's mom. That is a woman worth her weight in gold. 4 stars.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 9 years ago
Emotional affair?

Not sure what HoppyDoodle is talking about. The story mentions that she talked to and confided in Tony but not that she discussed any issues with him. Other than bragging about his tattoo I don't see any mention of her talking about anything that might be concidered 'priveledged'. Even that could have come up as part of a 'we love each other so much' discussion.

Thanks for a fun story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
HOW FAR WOULD A MAN GO

to say HowFar to bring retribute to one who stole all his belongings. TK U MLJ LV NV

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
Well done, again.

I think that if Richard is willing to take a chance on Cathy he should go for it. I mean he is the one that has to live with her not me. Would be like carrying a hand grenade around in your pocket with the pin already pulled out, Not a matter of if it will explode but when it will explode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hmmm

What bothers me is her emotional affair before the divorce.

And frankly, jumping into bed with him right after the divorce is suspect.

I knew a girl who filed for divorce from her husband and moved someone else in a few weeks later, turned out she had been cheating with him fir a long time.

I think the moving the guy in, and sleeping with him with the kids in the house, basically treating him like a husband, well thats quick to fall out of love with the husband and into it with someone else.

Most mothers are very cautious what guy they let around their kids, especially which ones sleep over, let alone move in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

wimpy cuck. why the hell would he take back the bitch?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
plenty

Of drama. Good drama.

I think I buy into reconciliation.

The evidence seemed strong against him and the more she love the more she felt betrayed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stabbed in The Back Wimp

Another guy stabbed in the back buy a vitch wife and he takes her back anyway, just because they have 2 children...DIVORCE would of been better in this story😎👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Cathy Wins With Her Two Trump Cards

Richard now has two rental properties, money, and higher paying job. Either Richard or Cathey should move into one rental property while the other stays in the family home. What Richard did was under the influence of much alcohol and he was set up by Tony and Eva. But Cathey had no excuse for bringing a man into the family home and into her bed in the presence of her two minor children. In my state the deposed spouse would easily wrestle custody of the children on basis of being an unfit mother. Case closed. But my point is this was not a reconciliation that made any sense. It didn't take Cathey long to voluntarily do what she couldn't forgive her husband doing involuntarily. Even the kids were smarter than their dense mother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story 5*

God these Anons who always want to burn the bitch are pretty pathetic. Do they ever actually read the stories or are they just so bitter that they hate reconciliation on any account....

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
PROMISES MADE USING CHILDREN AS A BARTER

why not stand status quo. TK U MLJ LV NV

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Very good 5* Story

just to get into the story NOOOOOOO I would NEVER take that cheating skank back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO why? tony boy had her WRAPPED around his little finger before any of this happened. She would have cheated likely maybe later he just sped up the process. It was very easy to move tony into her bed and she cared NOT to check out the evidence. MR WIMP cared not to make sure he didn't appreciate not getting to see his kids, there wasn't even an order against visits...........

telboy17telboy17almost 8 years ago
Role Reversal

It's amazing. People who comment should read the story first.

If pictures show a wife cheating I have never read any story where there is any doubt of the their veracity. Here it is the guy in the pictures so the wife should have checked and is a bitch because she didn't. Instead she did all things that guys usually do.

AFTER the divorce she lets a guy (she finds out about him later) move in and suddenly she is an unfit mother. In the meantime Richard has a regular liaison with an actual whore but that is OK. And that is after, mainly through Cathy's efforts, we find the truth and Tony is sacked, convicted and revenge is rightly done. And still Cathy gets the blame.

This was a great, well written story where everyone got their just reward in the end.

LalawmanLalawmanover 7 years ago
Great story and deserved happy ending.

I agree with some of other posters that several commenters appear to not have actually read the story. Cathy had literally no other support (even from family) so Tony's efforts replace all the significant others in her life succeeded. Also, she did make sure the kids knew their father loved them and did not allow anyone to disrespect him either. Until she found the paperwork nothing that Richard could say would have had any support. So the whole story premise from breakup to reconciliation is logical since this family was truly in love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Nice story.

I don't see her as a cheater, since she didn't get with the other guy until after the divorce. Not really an emotional affair, either, since it sounds like she didn't start leaning on him til after the divorce proceedings started. Tony is the real bastard in the story, and he got his in the end.

I can accept the reconciliation, with Richard demanding counseling before hand and taking things slowly.

Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Shoulda Stayed Divorced

He should just stay divorced. She did not trust or have ANY faith in him. Why should he now trust her? He should just get the settlement made more even. He can still visit his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nope

Don't ever see him getting over what she did.

What a cunt.

She could never fix it.

notredame43notredame43almost 7 years ago
no way in hell.

while i applaud the style in the story, you did great with the flow between characters and settings, the wife... well she's a treacherous cunt . if she fell for that so easily she's a stupid unfaithful cunt . and the sil really pissed me off. He should forgive her when she bailed and butchered him. sorry but he'd be better off with the escort. why force a reconciation when there's no way or reason for it?

BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 7 years ago
Great!

Hated the tattoo bit at the end, though..

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
Tattooed her ass?

I thought for sure they were going to be henna tattoos. A great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stupid RAAC

Why writers think that a way to make up things is just to give the cheated husband sex? Makes no sense at all. Did she do anything else besides feeling sad and giving make up sex to him? Not realy. She didn do counseling, she didn't do anything to prevent her from cheating again. What consequences did she face besides the divorce? None. This is RAAC for me. The scales are not balanced.

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 6 years ago
Liked the story.....

But why the awful tattoos? Those alone would be enough to kick her out of bed..:)

KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

OK I guess, not too thrilled about her ass tat - that was way over the top and not needed. I actually thought she would have contracted AIDs from Woodward with her rapidly succumbing leaving Penny to slide into Richard's arms. Forcing Woodward to be placed in an HIV isolation prison ward is a nice touch or some annual quid should insure Woodward is most uncomfortable inside the prison each year. And then some nice prison tats on his pretty face would help too.

A few points - if she could see/find the missing tattoo, why the hell did not Richard or his divorce attorney - get the pics professionally analyzed to insure no photo-shopping. She never queried how, who, why these pics taken and given to her?

She never read her own signed divorce decree, until a year later, discovering Eva's name. Nope - I'd never trust her again since she can flip into HATE that fast to have never checked it all out. That marriage had problems already.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

I'm disappointed that he went back to the ex after she was so quick to throw him away, destroy him in the divorce, and fuck someone else.

The whole photograph thing was pretty contrived, and it seems, sloppily done to the point of feeling a bit like a plot hole that she only noticed later that it was a set up.

I really don't get Richard his characterisation felt so vague in many ways, for one, why wasn't he the slightest bit angry at the prostitute?

He was also quick at burying the anger towards the ex.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

Her getting those tattoos sounds incredibly skanky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry no

Your writing is superb as usual, but this story is RAAC and I don't like RAAC stories. What she did was out of proportion and these are not the actions of a person who claims to love her man. Love has nothing to with what she did. Actions speak louder than words. She didn't don anything to deserve forgiveness and a new chance. Sorry, first story you wrote I really didn't like and I'd say I almost hated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I agree with Ib_Says

waifwaifabout 6 years ago
To All The Naysayers, this was more BTB than RAAC

I have read a lot of the comments and see a ton of whining about the ending. I can certainly understand that there will always be some who are disappointed with an author's ending of a story. What bothers me about the complaints on this particular tale is the feeling that many who argue against their reconciliation would have been thrilled if he had married Eva.

This is NOT a RAAC story at all.

Did they reconcile? Yes.

Was there a cost to reconciliation? Yes.

Would they have reconciled at any cost? Definitely NOT.

Both protagonists in this tale paid a tremendous price due to the machinations of an evil man. They each made mistakes, and felt regrets. They each bore some of the blame for the events leading to divorce. They also burned down the evil bastard who manipulated them into the divorce.

The bitch (Tony) got burned.

5 stars from me.

waif

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Beautiful.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Once things get straightened out

And he can see his kids regularly, why would he go back to the bitch wife? She was WAY too guilty of way too many things, including being a stupid, vindictive bitch to ever warrant his going back to. Horrible ending.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
DK you usually do well but

Sorry I strongly loath the conclusion. Her actions trump by FAR any of his failings. She never bothers to inquire why he hasn't seen his children and took up with the bastard who did him harm. be civil perhaps a FWB but Never take ger back. her treachery was a few bridges too far. 3 stars

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
DK usually does well

the ending ruined it . She went off on him went with the scumbag who had it in for him and never asked why he wasn't seeing his kids. Sorry that right there is unforgivable. FWB sure that's plausible to a point but no way should he go back she burned him and danced when she did it. 3 stars and I usually like DK's stuff

Denny CraneDenny Craneover 5 years ago
Not how it works....

...with the whole restraining order thing. But whatever. I still enjoyed the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No Way

I would never of gone back to my exwife no matter what. I would of found myself a one bedroom apartment in another city. Saw her kids once in awhile and paid child support when I could. Maybe started dating someone else, most definitely NOT the ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
At last

A man who didn't get all sanctimonious and refuse to do what he was unjustly accused of. It was reconciliation, but not RAAC, since the ex-wife had to go through a lot to get him back. Plus, he was still (properly) dating Eva after he moved back into the house he was paying for.

5*

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Again

Another great story. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bad storyline!

Cathy never really loved Richard. If she did, she would have believed him when he told her that he couldn’t remember doing anything with Eva. Also why is Cathy dragging Tony into her bed as soon as she has her husband served with divorce papers. Only sluts jump into bed with men that they don’t real know. Richard should have told Cathy he would never have a relationship with her after the way she treated him based on false evidence. Cathy is too stupid to marry anyone.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 4 years ago
Nearly right!

The bad guy got what he deserved and the wife started his downfall.

Yes, he wasn’t blinded because she said she loved him.

She did him wrong not to listen to him but, there were pictures (faked but, pictures) helping her to shut down on him. Later, She dug and found the truth about the asshole who faked the pictures. So she did have some good about her worth saving. She also got the asshole fired and tried to help her husband.(Ex husband)

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 4 years ago
Worried

Worried She might or should be, since she basically threw him away. While he was out he found there are other women looking for good men. One thing that kept him going back to her were the kids. Him being the good man he is his children and her being their mother kept her in a good light but, now that he knows there are others wanting good men all is not lost and as far as his former wife. She also knows the value of a good man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Tattoos appropriately label Trailer Trash but...

they are insufficient as a demonstration of her remorse and new found devotion.

He should tell her the tattoos are a nice start but he will begin to believe the words when they are branded into her flesh. While she is recovering from the brandings he should finish the laser removal of his own tattoo.

Then he can tell her Eva will be joining them as an intimate third in their relationship whenever he and Eva decide they want to play.

She should be grateful for the chance finally to become a Loving Wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Was Cathleen trending to an affair with Tony before the divorce?

PRE-DIVORCE:

“We often went to lunch together and we would talk about our lives outside work.”

Although they worked for the same firm they didn’t work together. That she would have business dealings with him or meet by accident in the lunch/break room is normal contact as is being in the same group celebrating something at the pub. Intimate luncheons alone together is a red flag!

“Over the months he became a close friend and my confidant, I told him everything, I even told him about Richard's tattoo.”

Red flag! No wonder Tony thought it could possible to seduce her if he could frame Richard and thus break up Cathleen’s marriage then move in and pick up the pieces.

“I’d been devastated by those photos and I'd turned to him for support. I leaned on him and he was always there helping me make decisions. He more or less took over the divorce and I felt dependant on him.”

She must have had feelings for Tony already if she allowed him to take over her life so quickly.

POST DIVORCE:

“When I needed a hug he was there, comforting me, telling me it was not my fault. He started taking me out, to "bring me out of myself" he'd said. We went out had a few drinks shared a few kisses and ended up in bed together.”

“When he'd suggested moving in with me It seemed like the ideal solution. ‘

It was her fault! She had been subconsciously leading him on that she was ripe for an affair and now consummated that affair within six months of the divorce.

Is she a power groupie, a woman attracted to powerful men, and viewed Tony to be more powerful to Richard? Even though she and Richard remarried, he had better keep an eye on her as she could stray again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
nice take on and old line

So many of these set up the husband stories out there but this one is one of the better. What would give it more stars is if she didn't do the old move the bad guy into the house so fast. I can see her getting drunk and seduced but to move the guy in with her kids in what appears to be a week or two? Way to fast. The pictures weren't photo shopped. She just saw his face and tattoo on a few and assumed the rest. She didn't bother to see why he wasn't seeing the kids? I mean if she thought he was guilty of cheating on her she should still know that the kids meant a great deal and he would call and see them.

The guy should NOT have taken her back. Tattoo or not. She slept with the guy and moved him in the house and didn't trust him enough to talk this out. He can get another woman very easy (penny?) and still have a great life with the kids.

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
Too easily misled

So, Catherine knew her husband well. Loved him. Knew he loved her.

So why was she so willing to believe the worst? Not even consider an alternative?

And so easy to get into bed with her 'rock'?

Always something really wrong with these stories where the injured party (wife or husband) jump into a new bed so promptly. Hurt or not, that is just not a good sign of character. If she had been hurt so much, surely she would need time to get over the hurt, rather than jumping into the sack with the first cock to arrive.

Nope, can't abide this type of reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
loved the story

but not the conclusion. She showed her true colors at the start and by having sex with Tony so soon. If she was really in love with hubby yes she would be very angry and maybe depressed but I don't think she would be horny or move this guy into her home with her children.

Stay divorced, see the kids, and maybe if you use a condom have sex with her and bang her like the whore she is. Save loving sex for the women like Penny who are faithful.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
THE ETERNAL DILEMNA,,,,,,,KIDS

as bargains chips or ego crushers. TK U MLK LV NV

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 4 years ago
2nd time through this

This is a very good story, I think both the main characters are very likable and there is an easily identifiable villain, always a good thing! :)

IMO she showed real remorse over the way she had treated him and tried to do everything possible to counter Arsehole's deceit and criminal actions, I don't think we can ask for much more from her after she discovered what had taken place.

Over to those who always complain that the woman isn't punished enough. What they don't seem to recognize here is that Tony targeted her and launched a long-term campaign to get her. While he weaseled his way into being her confidant, he was also working to remove Richard from her life, with that accomplished he assumed the role of a dear friend comforting her. With Cath devastated by Richard's supposed betrayal it was probably not that difficult for him to establish himself in her home as well. "Anonymous 07/15/20" complains that she shouldn't be horny in that situation and she probably wasn't, she was vulnerable and Tony was likely one of those people who are good at getting what they want, people like that are often good at pushing and prodding until they get their way, often without the "victim" even realizing what is going on. Remember that the guy was a lawyer, that ability was more or less required of him in his line of work.

Anon 03/28/20 makes a big deal out of the photos not showing his tattoos in all of them, but really? how analytical would you be if someone stuck a bunch of photos like that under your nose? Showing your gf or wife having sex with someone else? Plus, Tony was probably there all the time, muddying the waters.

No, you're barking up the wrong tree here, Cath was not the villain in this story, Tony was. And I didn't see many comments vilifying him.

I liked Cath, pity about the tattoos though, I hate those things...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with anon 2/22/20. Emotional and mental cheating.

Do not have private contact with other than spouse without spouse knowing exactly what is happening.

And no discussion of personal stuff other than spouse

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

I liked this story very much. Yeah, she had no business climbing into bed with Tony the creep so soon, if at all, but people are just conditioned to believe what they see, and the pictures and story Tony the creep provided just convinced her that Richard had in fact cheated on her. I mean, she saw it with her own two eyes, and pictures don’t lie, right? I don’t know why that’s so hard for people to understand. People are gullible, people. It’s a fact. But at least when she found out the truth she turned things around, got rid of Tony the creep, and got her husband back. Eventually. Very nice. But I have to say, who knew they had Pizza Hut in Great Britain? Learn something new every day, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Wonderful story. It would have been cool to hear about Tony getting his due in prison, but overall a great story.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 3 years ago
Cool story

I liked this one a lot, but the initial premise on the first page is so fucking dumb. The restraining order didn't make anything impossible, it's so absurd. He could have had parents or a friend or a lawyer call to arrange custody visits if he wasn't allowed to contact her or approach her. Truly stupid plot point that he had no recourse for 3 months, it just isn't true or sensical. As if there's no concept of a third party in this world.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Man, what a he'll of way to find out something like that happen in real life. If it was me , don't know if I could get over the hurt. But with kids involved I guess it would give u a reason to consider. Especially since it was not her doings but that conniving son of bitch Tony.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Well written bullshit no matter how many times I give it a chance.

Cath didn't just behave stupidly by divorcing her husband without really talking to him.

She started fucking a bastard and brought him into her husband's bed to defile, not only her worthless crotch, but their children as well.

That would never be forgiven.

Some people are simply too stupid and vile to be honored by marriage and Cath is the poster girl for worthless.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Really convincing story that I could see play out in real life, with the exception of the setup maybe. Loved the ending and it made sense based on the characters presented and the plot lines. I never grade on disagreements with the writer's plot, but I have no doubt I would have killed Tony when I found he set me up like that...LOL! 5*

CSXaviCSXavialmost 3 years ago

Man gets raped in a hotelroom...

His wife then divorces him and takes everything from him, by threatening to keep him from ever seeing his children again.

Wife then moves her boyfriend into their house. with his children.

And he takes her back without any fuss whatsoever.

I'm know of the RAAC genre, but this is insane.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

eww.. the amount of venous comments down here make my skin crawl

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was probably one of my favorites. I absolutely adore it. Starsong77.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An interesting reversal of the usual trope of the husband refusing to listen to the wife's version of events before acting rashly, with equally negative results. Very well written and a husband and wife duo are both pretty decent people who deserve to be happy.

LA

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars - This is a decent well written story with only one point that bothers me - the wife gets off without enough consequences once again.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Well worked through. Not everyone wins everything every time. Hard work in the relationship was rewarded though, so thank you for a great 5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Many thanks for writing; 4 stars & a great read

Only issue I had was the fairly typical theme of the women getting together to conspire against man/men & that being considered okay on "the ends justifies the means" principle

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 2 years ago

Another five star story.

Well done.

littleone35littleone35about 2 years ago

Good tale wishing them the best

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
1626 Followers
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...