All Comments on 'Revelations Ch. 03'

by alex_lover

Sort by:
  • 509 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
AH-HA!

Great twist! Quite a turn of events! Burn her down and keep it coming.

biggwhiteybiggwhiteyabout 11 years ago
Shity Ending

It was OK, but the ending was horrible. I wish I was a better writer so I could add my own ending to this tale. I hope someone does end this in a great way that burns the whore and destroys her like she destroyed him.

leviayersleviayersabout 11 years ago

thank you i really enjoyed your effort. you kept me emotionaly involved, 5

joejacksjoejacksabout 11 years ago

it turned out to be revelations until the end and changed my opinion 180% this could be the only end to this tale a good read thank you

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Excellent Ending

You, sir, have redeemed yourself. After ch.2 I didn't think it was possible. The only thing I missed was the look on her face when she saw all the old e-mails printed out next to the wedding ring. Perhaps an addendum to finish out the cheating whore skank slut cunt wife's pathetic and lonely end to the life she knew. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good For Him

There really is no other ending. BTB really isn't him. Living well is the best revenge.

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Spectacular

Boring late Friday night turns into an early Saturday morning and I finish. Great writing. Very creative conclusion. Kind of cheats the reader out of his resolving the dilemma he had initially, but the plot development not only served the story, it was also plausible and consistent. All along, one of the big concerns I personally had was that the wife did this because she loved her boss-maybe platonically at first; loved him enough to cheat on her husband (even accepting the cheating as healing premise). Not only that, but then hubby has all the evidence he needs that she did it for an unusually long time, and obviously loved every minute of it-no regrets. His putting two and two together and seeing that it was never really over.....well, ain't that a bitch? I wondered from the first whether wife would have ever ended it if they hadn't moved away....guess that answers that question.

What I loved about this, besides the writing quality, pacing, etc., is that the questions get answered. It all fits. And, once the story is known, the decision become easy.

Really well done. If I have any criticism of this chapter, it's maybe just a little long-winded and preachy at the end? Nah....I like the intellectualization, too. It's like a concluding comment on your own story. Immediate favorite.

muirmadramuirmadraabout 11 years ago
Unfinished ...

Sorry, but you cheated. You opted out of completing your tale by allowing others to do so in your stead. Your story was well written in your style; however, since there is much more to this writing, unanswered questions left that only your mind can settle for us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good ending

get rid of that whore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Geez

I disliked Vanessa already but she even continued to have such an intimate, although distant, relationship with Harry! Blech! That affair never ended. And just as every cheater tries to justify their actions, they always hide it. No one who truly believes what they are doing is right would hide it.

"Ohh, but it'll hurt the ones I love if they knew the truth!" they would probably reply. Hurt being the keyword there. They know it will hurt the cheated person. Which brings me to the "they are married but they are still their own person," thing. Yes, they are still individuals and not slaves. I can respect people going for what they want even if it's not their spouse. However, why continue to string the spouse along? Greed and selfishness. They just want it all but they don't care to give it all.

At the same time we should be more vigilant in our relationships. How can such a huge change in the life of our spouses go unnoticed for so long? Because we got comfortable, AKA lazy. No, we aren't responsible (not most of the time anyways) for the cheaters actions. But we are responsible for looking the other way even though the signs are often clear. We do it because of fear, blinding devotion, and just plain everyday things like work.

There will always be cheaters but it's up to everyone else to not be ignorant of it. Thanks for writing the story. It would be great if you could do an epilogue type deal, but if not, the imagination will have to do the rest I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Finish it!

The story needs to be completed, so much more to mention. His children their reaction and still the matter of what he has now found about her continued relationship albeit through emails! the confrontation of this new material he has found,counselling? These are two professional mature people I'm sure they would have made more effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Anon

You say the end, But lets be honest. You didn't finish the story. You could of done that in one page in one chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Once Done

Once she spread their life was dead! Finish the story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
epilogue or not ?

The writer's decision! The invitation stands though. In any case, excellent writing. What struck me as strange, and that was mentioned well before him finding out about the mails and pictures and learning about meeting her lover after they moved, was that he could even think considering it as a one time "event" when it was clearly much more than that from what he heard and saw and what she said. That's too is denial. I think there's only one conclusion to this story but unfortunately I'm not the one to write it.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 11 years ago
Unsatisfying

Somehow, this part was better but it needed a final confrontation. Victor seemed to have come to the conclusion that his wife's betrayal was far too severe to be forgiven.

His marriage needed to be executed as opposed to fade away. His wife needs to slit her wrist. She broke his spirit. He needed to break hers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Totally pathetic ending.

Whore wife really gets off free and her lover also gets off with free ass. Better ending would of been for there to of been some justice for this poor asshole. It really is a sorry excuse for an author to leave a story dangling for others to possibly finish. This author should not considering posting again.

JounarJounarabout 11 years ago
unfinished

Alex its you who need to finish this story not other writer's imho.

Gomez333Gomez333about 11 years ago
Thats better!

I was worried after part two that the writer had lost their way but part 3 came to a conclusion that felt right. I appreciate a BTB story or a reconciliation story if the story led you to that conclusion. In this instance, despite part 2, I couldn't see a reconciliation working. However like several others I would have liked more on the final denouement and the aftermath.

All I'm all an enjoyable read and thanks for your efforts.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
5* story

As I have said before, the lies people in affairs tell themselves are the biggest lies.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
come on alex

finish the freaking story, don't infer the divorce put it on screen.....BTB and move on, even if its not a BTB divorce at least finish the story.

(4)*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What a waste of time

You really want to call that a ending ? I call it a lame excuse to avoid pissing more people off in the hopes that they will forgive you enough for writing such a pitiful story ending that maybe they will continue reading you stuff . Stang where are you ? At least he among other authors know how to end a story . If you ask me . That was just laziness .........

AcedorRiseAcedorRiseabout 11 years ago
An abrupt end

The story has been endearing and good but has stopped short and the ending is unsatisfying.yes he is starting to reclaiming his life but how would he do that without resolving the issue once and for all ?it would be nice if the author goes for an epilogue since there are many unanswered questions.perhaps finding another love would be nice.the wife never healed that old man she just justified her affair,as her actions when the wife was alive indicate otherwise.the story series has been very good and ending short is not so nice.a 4* story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
how much cuck could

a huecuck suck if a huecuck could suck cuck?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Finally at the end . . .

. . . Victor asks the essential question, is it possible that Vanessa loves two men (us) Harry and Victor? What Victor can not see through his emotion wracked thinking is the simple answer, Yes - she does, or did, but it's okay because her love for me was never threatened.

This chapter is well done with focus almost solely on Victor's emotions and his inability to channel his emotions to come to the best final decision. His walk away at the end after decyphering the essential question is no assurance of peace of mind.

Good job with this story, Alex_Lover. Very good job overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not the way i think it should be ended

With the problem on his shoulders has to be addressed... Yes implied a divorce.. That is not going to help or serve him in his GOLDEN years... As of this date, my Problem has not been addressed... I still carry in my mind and body...For some of us we are damned with excellent memories...

So please care on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Too much suffering

For a successful business man, this guy went through too much suffering in his decision making. His wife had an affair. She admitted it. He had video and audio evidence of it. That should have been enough to end it right there. The emails were just piling it on, but they should have been uncovered much earlier in the story. A cagey business man once he found saw the video would not have turned into a crybaby. He would have concealed the evidence, done a thorough investigation, let his wife receive the 1 million dollars for services rendered, then divorced her. Financially it would have worked out much better for him, the business man. As far as the future is concerned, the kids would most likely side with their mother so they would be treated to copies of the evidence to see what a slut grandma was. He would have maintained some kind of relationship with his kids. He would also now have plenty of young gold diggers or divorcees and widows to pick from. Life would be just fine for him. His lying cheating wife on the other hand, would not likely fair as well. Her reputation would be destroyed, and age is not as kind to women as it is to men. She had her fun, now she could pay for it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
NO WAY

..No way a guy could be so stupid. She was gone the minute the DVD appeared.3E1E

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
Not every story needs to be about the divorce.

Sometimes the dramatic tension is about the protagonist being unable to make a decision, and the agony he suffers as a result of that indecision. There is no need to take the story beyond where it ends now, as all that's left is essentially paper shuffling by the lawyers and the courts.

Nice job with this one. I think it was a little prolix, and that if you could have tightened the text up, it would have been a better story. But still, a well-done story over all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great First Story

Excellent story for your first effort.

You never finished with the concerned daughter who was trying to call him. What did she know etc, I think you could have had more story if you followed that line. A more experienced writer would have. Why else even involve her in the story. The ending was a bit short but you could have stretched that out and still left an open ended story.

Well done, Rookie. I hope you keep entertaining us with more of your creations. For a first effort it was well worth a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story

Well it was right up till your ending. If this I how all of yours will be I may have to read others. Complete the stories please

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 11 years ago
Bravo, a well written and concluded story.

I thought you gave the story a sense of mutual stress by both parties and came to the only logical conclusion. His wife was a whore, not a cheap whore, but a whore just the same. The husbands finding of the post Dallas e-mails complete with pictures gave finis to the lie of his faithless wife. I hope you will continue to post stories because I think you have a real touch in the genre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
ch.3

Darn! I really enjoyed the first two chapters, and was hopeing chapter3.But I was really let down in this last chapter.Victor was a good busness man,father, and husband.But an emotional cripple by the beginning of ch 2. By the end of ch 2, he was shown how a way to understand his circumstances. Ch3, started out somewhat fuzzy, but I felt by the end the author threw in all kinds of BLAH,BLAH, comming out of left field.Just felt like the ending was a rush job, and the last just fill in. BUMMER.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Have to agree with No Way

The pictures and videos told the story. She wasn't a practitioner, she was a participant. Her story of healing (stupid as it was) was clearly a lie when Victor looked at the evidence in front of his eyes. The fact that she continued to interact with her 'patient' once he'd been 'cured' by her magical pussy only proves that all her tears and regrets were not because she'd had the affair, but because she'd, at long last, been caught.

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
After all your work

You leave the Cherry of the story (the final comfrontation) to be written by someone else? Very magnanimous of you. Fully enjoyed your writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Here's my alternate ending:

"I logged back onto the computer, selected all of the pictures, video files, e-mails, and a scanned copy of Harry's letter, attached them to an email with an explanatory cover letter, addressed it to every person I found in her PC's address book, every business contact, every friend or relative of hers or Harry's that I could think of, including our children, and sent it."

THE END

But still, was the grandchild supposed to have been deliberately named after Harry senior? If so, how did that come about?

Bill1104Bill1104about 11 years ago
He must know it's coming

I'm pretty sure the writer knows that this is a very weak ending. So much has been left unresolved. There seems to be another two or maybe three chapters left.

What about Paula and her family - will they hook up permanently with Victor? What about his job - Is he going to come back full time? What's his wife's reaction when he tells her he's leaving? Will she understand that she was really (at least somewhat) in love with her boss? If not, how does she explain remaining close to him through the newly discovered intimate emails and her sending porno pics of herself when it was no longer necessary? In that regard, why did she save them on her hard drive? Did she revisit them in an effort to relive the experience?

I have a lot of respect for this author yet I must say that it is a "cop out" to ask someone else to finish this story.

It's not too late, Alex, please come back and make it right.

Bill1104

vez324vavez324vaabout 11 years ago
Great

I wish you had continued it just a bit so we could have seen the outcome of the email on the wife.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

He did not have sex with Paula he was drugged with alcohol, still told her no and she orally raped him. Wife was a willing whore and he should have put her pics and all of the others on the net. Why mention the lawn chair if you don't tell us what was said?

Ending only so so, ho hum.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
On endings

What could be more clear as an ending to this story: "He looked down at the white patch on his finger where his wedding ring had been. . . . . Victor nodded to himself and made his way back to the kitchen for what would perhaps be his last cup of morning coffee shared with his wife." Victor has made his decision, he will not accept Vanessa's proclamation that her actions with Harry were simply therapy that didn't impact Victor one bit. There is no need for author to write another word.

Stories have beginnings and they have ends. The best are always simple. Melville starts Moby Dick with the best opening sentence in American literature" "Call me Ismael." Hundreds of pages of detail, angst and emotion follow, but the story begins with simplicity. Goldman ends Temple of Gold with an equally simple phrase: "There is no handle." The young boy has been looking for the handle of life for several hundred pages until he realizes he must journey on alone, unguided.

Alex_Lover ended his story exactly the way he should. The story never was about Vanessa, Henry, Paula or any of the children. This story, very well written I would judge, was always about Victor. Could he deal with the fact that his wife of thirty years had another man that she loved? Alex_Lover answered that question for this story. No! That's what the white on Victor's third finger left hand tells us as readers. We as observing readers need to understand and accept.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
amen

to that

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyabout 11 years ago
Wow

The emotional carnage that was waded through by Victor was agonizing. The decades of lies and then there was Paula, using rationalization to support an open marriage. Paula may not go down and drive a bunch of Yugos daily but, she will when she feels the itch test a BMW or Lexus. That doesn't make her a lot-lizard it make her valet parking. When Victor succumb to Paula it decreased him, not his point of view just him and it added to the trauma/drama, while it was only once it still made him a hypocrite. Then the epiphany from the letter and subsequently the e-mails he finally made up his mind.

Now from the readers point of view Victor has 3 options

1. change the way the relationship works I.E. don't need rings anymore because we are now in an open marriage

2. get a quite divorce being equable

3. hire a team of sharks use every thing has has found to sue the estate of the dead guy then her then her old company, citing prostitution, pimping, fraud, emotional pain and suffering.

LOL a good read thank you sharing

kelchakelchaabout 11 years ago
Proper Ending

Really no choice in the ending was there? She couldn't be truthful even after getting caught. Not surprising her husband chooses integrity over loneliness.

Would really like another chapter which focuses on wife. Story is complete as is, but we don't have a real knowledge of wife since she was not honest at any time in this tale. If we can enter her head to meet the real woman that would be great.

Have to say that wife appears to be an awesome lover. Pity she couldn't combine that with being a good wife.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 11 years ago
WOW

I was so afraid Victor would wimp out and stay married to Vanessa. The decision to end was/should have been made earlier but his voyage of discovery was integral to the story. Well written angst filled stories like this are few and far between. Human emotion abounds. I loved it. My only "complaint" is minor. I would like to see a more equitable ending for Victor. He gets nothing for his pain and the betrayal. I would love to have seen him after the divorce ending up with almost everything plus having significant ownership of Harry's company. In other words, hs should have "gone to war" and used a scorched earth policy. It's just too bad Harry is beyond his reach for retribution.

jeeter4ujeeter4uabout 11 years ago
Well done!

I certainly enjoyed this first offering Alex. I read all three from the outset and in each case looked forward to the next. To some extent that could be because the story moved slower than I liked and the thesis was repeated more than necessary and thus I was anxious. Not all a bad thing! You seem to be more of a dove than a hawk. one who likes playing the fish even more than landing it.

The conclusion compared to the story was abrupt and I, like others, would have liked it to go on. I could see your ending as a beginning! Paula was certainly fertile territory for more. And I would have liked the author to have been you rather than someone else.

Hopefully you have something new planned and you can count me in on reading it!

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 11 years ago
tip of the hat

Any first time Lit author that evokes over 320+ comments on his first series has talent. Great job of weaving the Petrauis scandle into your tale....top shelf mate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Seems the office wags caught on early!

Well written with some intriging undertones! So Harry openingly flirted with Vanessa in the office? No wonder the other ladies suggested Vanessa was the one to restore Harry to life. Bet the office tongues wagged about the trips Harry and Vanessa took in the yacht, with comments about the monkey business that was being accomplished.

And what to make of the dry humping at the party? Harry's wife was in the next room. Sounds like there was fire before the wife died.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Would really like another chapter which focuses on wife. Story is complete as is, but we don't have a real knowledge of wife since she was not honest at any time in this tale. If we can enter her head to meet the real woman that would be great.

Yes the story was about Victor but to know what was going on in the wife's mind would have completed it all. Hope you add another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thank God

Her cheating was too long, way too involved to have her marriage remain intact, she and Harry destroyed everything, including her. Good save, add a 5 years later would be perfect. Thanks.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 11 years ago
Great story correct ending

Well written story all the way through! Not understanding all comments against the ending seemed clear to me! He was resolved to move on with his life without his marriage and his wife and he was going to find HIS happiness to the fullest! His wife (soon ex-wife) had found hers without him knowing - it was to share herself until she had only one and now none! She said it herself he was never supposed to know! The dumbest statement ever by a person something always will come out - it is a big world but very small (could have been their kids or grandkids even).

I alway like the creator of a story (why most JPB stories let me down) to finish it! At least for me the story was ended. He had more proof deduced from Harry's letter and confirmed from HER own e mails when he got to them!

OK I can see readers wanting to know what he did and to see her devastated but the story already stated she was that way ("she looked older and had more gray hair" after his return from the lake house)! Wanting to see how he would find his new happiness. Or maybe his children and grandchildrens reaction. But only one daughter was mentioned in the story that I remember or that he talked to! Maybe how she would be reacting?

Any way I am just glad that author choose a way to end the story!

You have done well. Please keep writing! You should feel good about this story by the comments (many long and thoughtfull especially by other writers)! Keep writing and I will read it. Thanks for sharing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story /perfect ending

Alex your story was amazing for a first time writer on this site. The ending was as as perfect as can be. It took him some time to,see the light and he got lucky with those emails. But she was a cheater and liar who deceived him for to. Long. There was not forgiveness possible here. I am glad you never made him a chuck. Maybe you will follow up with romantic tale with the women he meet at the cabin. Otherwise thank you for writing and we hope to hear more from you. And do not get offended from the sickos who write those off the wall comments and most likely are women haters . There only agenda for the women is death. Those poor souls need help.

jacsrjacsrabout 11 years ago
Too Short of Ending

I really enjoyed the Story, but I feel the ending should of or could of been a little more.

Perhaps more than just the ring, on the emails, etc., not really sure just seemed to be too short of and ending. Just one mans opinion, otherwise the story read well, good characterization, good plot, well thought out.

Thanks

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
It came back to where it began.

The second chapter seemed an aberration. The guy appeared to consider forgiving his wife after the first chapter painted her as a monster and too terrible to ever forgive. The second chapter made little sense. His thinking in the first and third chapters were far different than his thinking near the end of the second. This went where it had to go. The wife became an even greater monster in this chapter. He had no options. Her disrespect and deceit were far too great to ever forgive. In this chapter he straightened out his reasoning about the affair and her reasons for it. The fact that she continued to lie to him was the final nail in the coffin.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Good read

Thats a whole bunch of psychoanalysis just to lead our husband to digging deeper into her deception. Would have been interesting read how she wrestled with her own psychoanalysis, did she really believe her story or no? Or did her belief of her actions shift? He could have shown her all the dvd's to push her off her Night nurse story. Ch 4 is a definite vehicle to expose her using the years of emails, the former boss recovered quite well with many women.... Her story only holds water until he is lifted inn spirit, after that it's just an sffair. Plus didn't the story include dry humping at a party prior to his wifes death? Hmmmm, how much deeper will her betrayal go? Nurse Paula needs to visit again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Stupid Ending. People who like these lazy, unfinished endings seem to think that trite, unresolved issues are somehow more impactful. They are not within the loving wives genre. The best stories all give a world view that has justice, resolution, a belief that karma exists. This ending was quick and lazy. The writer goes into great detail about what a ridiculous slut the woman is, which is actually a well worn loving wives trick of making the woman a total monster, then just says "oh well, he is leaving her." The ending was all emotional angst about a sick, sick woman with no resolution. Pretty damn stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
More

Continue with the story after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story......

Loved it. Great effort on your part. Thanks.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 11 years ago
Good Story, But...

It needs another chapter or an epilog telling what happened to Victor & Vanessa. I enjoyed the story, thus the 5*, but feel I was kind of left hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Story!

The only somewhat negative thing I can think of to say, is that I wish the story would have gone on for a few more chapters. It would be nice to see if Victor manages to come out of this, and finds a path to recover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Perhaps just this tweak.....

"He took off his wedding ring and placed it on the email printouts. On the top page he

scratched out, "you were a whore! Enjoy the rest of your life. Goodbye...., and walked out the door."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what she did

Was inexcusable, and basically she took his love for granted and when he hears her say the same things to him as she did with her lover and that she continued staying in touch. Yes that would have killed any possible further chance of reconciliation. CCI can see him finding other women to enjoy as he seems to have aged better than she did. I'm just sorry she gave that money up though as he could have used some of that to buy him a new car and a place to live and would have given them both some money to pay for some good sex with some very beautiful escorts. Maybe enough that he could have fucked a few dozen ladies and sent the pics to his ex so she could see and feel part of what she did to him also. Now here she is old and wanting to settle down and spend time with her grandkids and family and now she has no one to enjoy the end of her life with. He will probably be able to find him a nice wife after he's gotten the taste of hiss ex out of his mouth. But her at her age all the choice she will have to settle for some old codger on his last legs that all she will ever be is a care giver for some broken down old man. She will never have that loving spouse beside her again that will have anything more in common with her other than they are both old and grew up in the same day and age. oh well he has more money than she does so he will still be able to find and fuck hopefully a whole slew of women while he's looking for that one to settle down with and enjoy there old age. Her I hope she dies a slow painful death and regrets ever knowing that bastard she fell in love with that drove her husband to the arms of a much younger more beautiful woman while she is stuck taking care of geriatric patients for companions \. Hope her kids figure out that mom fucked up and if granddad don't want to visit kids and be around his ex wife hopefully since mom screwed up they will never put them together. I agree he is doing exactly what needed to be done get rid of a cheating bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Please continue the story

Great story ,very well written but more chapters are needed !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Read BUT

It really does need another chapter. Would love to see how the confrontation in the kitchen went. How the wife tries to justify what Victor found. I can see Victor back at the cabin and finding Paula again. Hopefully someone will pick this up and run with it.

Please do keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
fill like half a story

what happens after the bath.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
copout

the ending was a copout you left it too open he's already shown he has a weakness from her and all we can see is he is a cuckold and has done nothing to change that. He was already weakening to her without the actual climax of the story this is unfinished and lacking. Seems to me the writer puts more effort into adding useless detail then finishing a story with a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
why the drama, she was fucking her boss on company time, whore

he found evidence she continued her emotional affair after. Why is she still alive? Why is he even around her? And the psycho bable about her healing Harry is pure BS as evidenced by the videos. The real question he should be askig were all the pics from a fixed cam or were they taken at different angles by a onsite phototag? Time to check the DNA of her children and to find out what other lovers she had.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

It was the perfect ending, it was a bullshit explanation and she never felt any sorrow for her actions. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
More chapters needed

Very well written story. Hope you, or another author or authors can flesh out the story after Victor leaves. I do not feel competent to do so, but there must be others who do so.

Bedspread02Bedspread02about 11 years ago
Good Effort

I liked the story enough to give it a 5, mostly for trying really hard but I didn't like the sex scene with the shrink. They should have gotten drunk, talked, passed out and then talked again in the morning.

When you finally put the pieces together about how they kept in touch it should have started with comments from both of his kids, the two spouses and the grandkids about what a great guy he had been and how much they appreciated the trips that he had treated everyone to while he was away on projects.

Keep on writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Could be another WWWM!

I really enjoyed this story and like other commenters I feel the ending was unnecessarily truncated. This story has the potential to be another WWWM ; please!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
Too abrupt

Well written,and I think it got to the meat of the matter,that Vanessa lied through her teeth,that she prob had been attracted to Harry all along and the healing thing was an excuse,she had herself believing that,prob at first to justify it to herself,then she believed it so long it became truth....and the fact she shared intimate details with harry tells the picture,the e mails were icing.

I think it needs more,not because the.marriage should be saved,but rather because victor needs closure and I think also some payback.He prob should sue the company,since what the boss did,if not illegal,would give the company a black eye,and he should not settle so the dirt becomes public,and harry is exposed for what he was,a sleaze.You can't do much to a dead man,except tarnish his legacy.

More importantly ,for victor to move on vanessa has to make amends,he needs closure,any shrink would tell you that. For one thing,if vanessa really loved him she would need to realize what she did was cheating,that she had fallen for harry and that her deceit was hurting victor.You don't get over loving someone as easily as some stories shoe,if she has any love for him at all,she will stop the denial and realize she tore his heart out,that she was making love,not fucking,Iharry and had a full blown affair..the emails might do that...the reason is if she doesn't do that,he will never be released for some doubt and won't be able to move on. I don't know what the author thought of vanessa,but if it was she allowed herself to love 2 men,then if she lived harry there needs to be a reckoning if she loved him..or maybe she will confess and say she had fallen for harry but he didn't want her,so she,stayed with victor..... It is possible that if she comes clean,admits to herself what she did,and tries to make amends with victor,he can move on and maybe,just maybe,they could at least be friends...and maybe reconcile.Either way I think closure is needed..but the story is well written,and I encorage the author to write more

vazkor13vazkor13about 11 years ago
really loved it

I really loved your story, and I can understand how a man of 60 years would hesitate to throw all his live aways. Fnding that they continue their affairs all this time was definitely the straw on the camel back.

And at the same time, I would have like a different ending, It's hard to imagine so many years of happyness now tainted and thrown to the dogs..

Although, I have the feeling that t is not over, what will be the children reaction ? will they learn true reasons for the divorce ? How will they react ? Will he met Paula again ? ther is many loose ends.

PrideInsightPrideInsightabout 11 years ago
COPOUT ? REALLY?!!!.....

.....I doubt that....he wasn't weakening...hell..it would have been easier to destroy the damn package and live in drunken denial....or embarrass Vanessa by making it public...but he chose pain of resolution and gained the strength to remove his ring to face a possible future without her with his dignity intact.....

....she on the other hand has chosen the bliss of denial...pain of guilt(you can only be forgiven or forgive yourself if an error is admitted/recognized)....to her it is still no affair....

....do the math....he has found healing and ready to forgive and stay or go...

.....her?, not so healthy....hold onto denial and definitely lose him,fuss-up and risk losing him...hard choice...

especially if you consider that the affair has ended because of Harry's death and now she has to make Victor fall in love and trust her all over again..

...ouch she doesn't even know there is a Paula....mmmmm my my

..........I vote great narrative...brilliant plot and a healthy what might come next..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very good!

Interesting story, and just as important, written well. Thank you for sharing.

NormCastleNormCastleabout 11 years ago
Well written but stupid

Cheating is old as time. To let it destroy a life or marriage is stupid...in a loving relationship it is difficult but not impossible to work through a strange piece of ass, even tho we may disagree with what was the incentive behind it happening...point made, the sex is a minor part of the real problem. The real problem is the LIE ! Lies will destroy trust much quicker than sex....Better communication would have saved a whole lot of misery. Don't misunderstand I like the erotic part of the story, but the whole story is stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
HIV Nailed it ...

Just as HOV predicted the author NEVER got to the key point..

why the wife healing" had to.. HAD TO.. go on for 15 years months

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Needs a fourth chapter or epilog!

The third chapter reestablished Victor’s character and for that I am delighted; however I believe the ending was not quite finished or ended too abruptly almost as if you were tired of writing and wanted a quick end. I feel the readers want to know how Victor emotionally copes with the dissolution of his marriage; the effects the divorce has on the other characters. A possible fourth chapter or epilog should be added; possibly revisit Victor in a year, show us how he moved on with his life; we want to see him happy or at least content with his life. He deserves that much after he has suffered such pain. You are a gifted writer and story teller; I know you can give Victor a positive future.

P.S. Vanessa should have kept the money so Victor could get a good portion in the divorce settlement; he should not have to pay her a dime; it’s the only payback I can see him getting on the two people who disrespected him so badly.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
The DISOVERY of new information about the wife & ex Boss should NOT have made ANY difference

Yes I was right about the 15 month question -- that the author would never have the husband ask it.

It seems to be pretty obvious that the person who wrote chapter 1 and 3 is not the same person wrote chapter 2. The inconsistencies make it hard to believe that same person wrote all three chapters.

For example it never occurs to the husband that a wife who engaged in this massive deceit many years ago... where she lied cheated and betrayed him... Refuses to apologize for it.. then comes up with this as are irrational kookie defense of her actions... MIGHT just MIGHT.. still be lying to him?

It's not that the ending is too abrupt per se. And it is not that the ending is a cop out... although I can see how some readers might think that is the case.

The problem is that the husband's voyage of discovery. Figuring out the significance of the video and her story and her defense of why a 15 month long deep sexual affair with her boss was OK.... but should have all been realized or deduced by the husband much earlier in the story. By taking so long to develop ...it leaves the reader wondering why the husband is such a fucking idiot.

The husband discovering that the wife and the Ex boss were still communicating to each other and sending additional sexual videos and content to each other by e-mail is the proverbial straw which broke the camel's back.

The implication... is that IF the husband had NOT discovered this additional information... OR... if the wife had not engaged in this additional sexual by play through video and e-mail... that the husband would have forgiven her and accepted her pathetically stupid and irrational defense of her actions for 15 months.

In other words the additional video and E mails he discovered between his wife and her ex boss should have made no difference whatsoever . The husband uses this additional information as proof that the wife's defense or explanation of her actions for 15 months is specious bullshit. The problem is that he should tell to figure that out before the additional informational was discovered.

What kills the story from chapter 1 on.. As I as well as many others have already commented on ... Is that the husband never gets around to asking the key question . And since he never does that author has to come up with a new way for the marriage to end.

NorbertrichardNorbertrichardabout 11 years ago
You'v got to be kidding.

She tore his heart out, and all he did was make excuses for her. All the maybe's in the world would'nt help excuse her actions, and then he walks away? NO WAY. No man alive would react this way.

likeboblikebobabout 11 years ago

Thank you for the story, I enjoyed reading it.As for the ending, let me say that I liked it except for the word "perhaps" at the very end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
and end which is no end

good written after what the plot was so far. all in all so many pages and 3 chapters but nothing is finished.

Vanessa never came clean why and I don't mean the affair when it started. I mean the whole 15 years and the keeping on going mails. why has she stayed ? no answer.

then you had the kids involved watching TV and the cheating General. so why start that and now nothing anymore. you should really think forward before starting a new element in a story.

it's nice that he plans to have a good live. positive thinking ? that's psychological nonsense. he is fucking 60 years old. so what options does he have ? don't tell me you like as a sexual kick the body of 60 year old women. and a 20 year old is no surrogate. in an other story the author turned a good man a Zombie with absolutey no morals anymore and states he has a good life and killed that story.

so this is just an end to end writing but not for a good story

Richie4110Richie4110about 11 years ago
Please continue the story

I agree with previous comments that this is a very good story but it needs some resolution. What is Victor's next step? What will Vanessa do? What role do the children and the family have in a final decision? Could he continue to live with her and keep the family together and learn to live alone together?

I do hope that you or someone will pick up the story from here. Those of us who are readers but lack writing talent would love to see "the rest of the story".

I do love your writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Most boring

crap ever written. That is why 200 cucks come on here to suck up to poor poor hubby. Vanessa is the only real human character in sight. There is a nobility about her that is a shinning light and the author had no idea at all what he was creating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hmm.

I don't mind the ending and gave it a 5. I also don't know everything needs to be BTB and some of the excess people strive for.

I would have like to had that final coffee be included, the final denouement.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ending was much too abrupt

I loved the story and the high emotional pitch of all three chapters. It NEEDED a final confrontation where he could tell her that their marriage was over and why her actions were not altruistic. They were just hurtful and without concern for her relationship and family of thirty years. Don't leave it to someone else, write a follow up conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thank

you for the interesting read.

shanebrumdershanebrumderabout 11 years ago
Confrontation

There needs to be some confrontation. Especially with all the new evidence that Victor found, I think we need to see how Vanessa reacts.

SalamisSalamisabout 11 years ago
A very good read

The tone and angst appropriate for a story involving a mature couple should differ from the issues of a much younger couple. You captured the confusion and pain of he husband perfectly. As for the wife, this is one of the few stories where she is more than a cartoon.

The wife here has a true point of view. The fact that the value systems of this couple diverge so dramatically when it comes to sex and fidelity makes for an unresolvable problem, and makes divorce inevitable.

I wasn't expecting a confrontation at the end. Having been together so many years, a breakup at this point speaks volumes.

Thanks for giving us a mature story about real adults.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Perfect Ending*****

Great read thanks for sharing.

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
CHEATER!

NO not the Wife....YOU the author-for stopping the story right at the confrontation moment!

You done good to subscribe to the old performers axiom of "..always leave them wanting more.."

Fine tale and you have lots of ammo for a sequel, prequel, her POV, Harry's POV-a whole franchise of story lines available if you chose.

Thanks for posting

DrallDrallabout 11 years ago
One of the best!

A beautifully done and very moving story! Thank yo so much.

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
A good story

You take a very controversial topic and deal with it very well. I'm sure many will have thoughts one way or the other, but yours is totally understood and supported by me. What an incredibly insensitive and just plain stupid woman. And to contunue it on is just beyond my ability to understand. Thanks for your work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Loved it!!!

Sorry but you owe it to her to have her face the music.

tiger46tiger46about 11 years ago
Hmmmmm.....

So, it turns out Vanessa was either a massive liar or mentally deranged - possibly both, but clearly a liar. Additionally she clearly attempted to manipulate him with the constant references to the grands and the visit to the playground.

You have some raw talent but it's in need of a lot of polishing. the first page & a half had me chuckling often at the twisted logic you were trying to foist on the readership. Still, the ending served as a mediocre balm. Somewhat like trying to soothe a third degree burn with sunscreen - vaguely helpful but on the whole unstisfactory.

4* (should have been 3 - but I wanted to encourage you to hone your skill)

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
She is Cheater !

She cheated and has been totally busted !

What can she do to repair the damage to her husband. First she give the 1 million dollarss to husband with out redress. He should have the for his whoring wife as he has got nothing back for his love.

Secondly she should let her fuck any woman he likes, even encourage him to do so. Perhaps indulge in 3sums for him, perform for him unreservedly.

She has to give her heart, mind

and soul back to her husband so he has no doubt about her love. Also she must tell HR family what she has done and seek forgiveness. As she has not forgiven her self yet.

She a tough job to convince her husband as her presents her with even more evidence.

For her to suffer the husband should make her stay in the gust room while he denies her love and fucks other women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Needs to go after Harry's soul.

Needs to go find somebody with access to Marie Laveau and have an intersession to make Harry's afterlife a bit hot... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-nuHyJ6pWw

...

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 11 years ago
Disappointing but three stars for a good first effort

Many things to criticize in this story, including a weak chapter 2 and an ending that failed to tie up loose ends. Most of my feelings about this story have already been stated in other comments and I see no cause to repeat them. But I will make several observations that I think have not exactly been made so far.

First, I think it no coincidence that Harry sent the time bomb after his death. In fact, he was shrewd enough to know that if he addressed it to the person's first initial, it could be seen as either Vanessa or Victor. My thought is, Harry wanted Victor to know. Maybe to humiliate Victor as a dying "shot," maybe because in death, Harry can no longer have Vanessa, so by fucking up the marriage, Victor can't have her either. Sort of a dog-in-the-manger attitude.

Second, Victor never asked Vanessa how she would feel if he did some consoling and healing for a woman bereft of her previous companion. Doubtless Vanessa would be jealous and would feel threatened that his love and attention were focused elsewhere. He should be entitled to lots of "get-out-of-jail-free" cards, if indeed having sex with one or more other people is OK, in her opinion. Or is it only OK for her? If it is OK, why keep it secret from Victor?

Last, I think Victor was really screwed up to get boozed up and then become turned on enough to start sexing Vanessa while their conflict remained unresolved. In divorce cases, having sex with a partner after that partner committed adultery constitutes legal forgiveness (I've read this on Literotica, so it is doubtless true). It makes the negotiations in a divorce much harder for the wronged party.

FireFox59FireFox59about 11 years ago
WTF

While you are an exception writer who is able to draw your readers emotionally into a story you have sadly failed your readers with the end of this story. The ending is very hurried and leaves your reader hanging. What was once a brilliant story now falls into the WTF section. The story could easily have been several more chapter long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This story is all about the letter S

The first chapter was superb

The second chapter was satisfactory

The ending was shitty

I was going to say disappointing but that doesn't start with S

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
One more thought ....

I agree with Harry in VA. The discovery of the emails was a non issue. Her story, regardless of even if her intentions were noble, made divorce a necessity. She made a choice - her boss over her husband. She was so concerned with rescuing this living dead man. As a result, she has killed her husband. Who saves him? She clearly didn't care about him.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 11 years ago
Schizophrenic

In his head, Victor is trying to find justification for her cheating but when he confronts her, he calls it like it is. She went into an affair that she loved and used a flimsy and silly excuse to justify it. Harry used her well and loved it. The emails are a silly thing that show she continued the affair until recently. She is a lying slut. But he knew that from everything that Harry sent. The emails showed not much more than he already knew. He knows she cannot be trusted. Her judgment, at least, is horrible. Beyond that she does what she likes without consideration or respect for her husband. She sounds like a moron (so did the shrink) when she tries to justify herself. Victor considers that she loves two men. Well, when you are married, you don't get to do that. You pick one. It has nothing to do with "owning" the woman. It has to do with honor and commitment, something she doesn't understand. The wild sex romps speak clearly as to the kind of person she is. I'm glad Victor came to the conclusion not to let the remainder of his life be controlled by the lying slut.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Revelations Series Info

SIMILAR Stories