All Comments on 'High School Again? Ugh! Ch. 09'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What a ride!

Thank you so much. You are a wonderful storyteller.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
An Ambitious Tale for the Ages & Sages !

I respect the enormous work that went into this. Like the narrator, I myself , went mad & was lost in all the divine hubris. The author finally showed the big picture & it was awesome. That being said , I cherished so much John's initial return home & seeing his high school environment.

Too bad his sister, parents, lovers couldn't have been worked into the conclusion. Yet the earth theme - wow ! Gotta go. I need to reread all of this - how much fun this would be to query Joe Dreamer's creative process for this though ! Thank you. .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
beautiful conclusion to an "epic" story

I have to admit, I'd never expected an actual Greek tragedy on literotica. Thank you for an engaging and well written story, and an interesting perspective on the Greek gods. Your writing is intense, creative, and full of surprises.

OLittleFingerOLittleFingerabout 11 years ago
Top Quality

Thank Zues chapter 9 got added just before i got to chapter 8 so i could continue to reed this fantastic story without stopping. Seriously i only tend to read the stop rated stories but this deserves to be in the top 10 at-least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just throwing this out there

Should you want to write a sequel I'd love to read about the day he puts the power into his daughter, and the slightly improved senior year that follows. Sorry, I just don't want the fantasy to end.

kennyboy25kennyboy25about 11 years ago
Is this the end ?

Your tale ended too soon. I would be happy to purchase a more complete telling if/when available. I do hope you expand upon this universe you have created. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This is one of the best stories I have read bar none. I would love to see this move forward to show what happens when the next set of gods are ready. Honestly this is the best work I think I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I say add an extra one line paragraph with the title of the series "High school again? Ugh!" cheesy, but fitting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
"Dead Solid Perfect..."

My second trite-ism: "It seems like years in the making". And I've been here since, almost, the beginning.

And, finally, "I know your like won't come this way again." This was the best. Thank you for your good grace and brilliance in finishing your Magnum Opus. I loved it so much I consider it a personal favor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story

Maybe a little editing as I read several passages twice and got a little lost. But overall a good read. Still not sure how many times he had to relive his Senior Year! lol

KiwiChrisKiwiChrisabout 11 years ago

Great story. I love your writing! Keep it up

rjsnowblindrjsnowblindabout 11 years ago
Anon's comment on Hera's Priests...

Hmmm I guess you have never ready anything about Greek or Roman mythology or history for that matter. Both the Greek and the Roman gods raped people (men and women), most of the hero's and demigods in the pantheon were sired that way. It was a common excuse for bastard children. There were a few sex cults and it was quite common for prominent men in Greek society to "adopt" or "tutor" male children and they would be used for sexual favors. Try picking a book one day... preferably one written by a PHD in the relevant field.

Good story, one of the more believable ones using the old gods.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
After all this time

It's done? Good job sir and great story. thank you

ELLIMISTELLIMISTalmost 11 years ago
Great job

Pretty good job on finishing the story. I've read so many before where authors try to force the story to keep going and completely ruin it. Its better to end stories off while things are going good

redbaron172redbaron172almost 11 years ago
Fantastic Story

Although I don't know much about greek/roman mythology, it was a great story nonetheless. Great ending... sequel to what happens after Maia grows up and they get to leave the island?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
epic win

JD thanks again for a great yarn. A couple moments there where I was a little bit "Huh?" with the twists, but overall the is the most cogent explanation I've read for the perils of high school: it's the Fates! I admire your effort to push the story and characters to the limit, but still pack so many emotional and sexually intense moments in the story. I found it a compelling and intelligent "what if" scenario, and as ever you are capable and inspiring guide. I look forward to your next story. Cheers.

Chewie07Chewie07almost 11 years ago
amazing!

This tale was absolutely amazing! I could not stop reading it until I fell asleep. Then once I woke, I kept going! Fantastic work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Truly A Serious Work, while Also an Amazing Work

Simply put, a fully-realized piece of erotic literature, which will be worth the effort to reread on a regular basis. This series is so far beyond even the best stories I have found to date on Lit.

Thank you Joe Dreamer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

This epic deserves to be read. JoeDreamer, the world needs stories like this. As we grow increasingly distant in this current era we need to be reminded of the closeness of love.

wrc264wrc264almost 11 years ago
Wow

This is truly a great piece of literature and should be published far and wide. Have not read any of your other works yet but if they are anything like this cannot wait. Will be saving and rereading this many times. But you do need someone to correct all the word and gramatical mistakes. (maybe me). It would be so much easier to read if we did not have to interpret the meaning sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Just Lovely!

The complexity and epic nature of the tale is brilliant. It started as another regular story, albeit with an interesting premise, in chapter 1. It slowly morphed into something better and bigger in canvas and ended in pure love and joy. Hope the next one you write gets published.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
truly amazing

i have read a lot of pieces of erotic fiction from this site and many more but this truly is the most amazing and thought provoking out of all of them. it combines two of my favorite things, erotic fiction and mythology.

thank you for creating this incredible work

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing!

This is one of the most bazaar stories I have ever read, but I couldn't stop reading it. It was 5:00 AM when I finished!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wonderful

Thanks for one of the best stories. I can't tell you how engrossed I became. This story is one of those rare finds, a diamond in the rough if you will, that captures your imagination and holds it til the end. Wonderful work.

nuguy2006nuguy2006over 10 years ago
FUCKING AWESOME

The first chapter was great. By the time I got into the second chapter I was totally hooked. This has to be one of, if not the best story I have read on this site.

Good job and thanks,

nuguy

DakrimDakrimabout 10 years ago
Lots of potential, but no paydirt

The first 3 chapters were the best, particularly the agony of reliving the past. But the narrator's voice, like so many on this site, suffers from smugness and is just too perfect.

The concept of the story is excellent and is engrossing. You are a very talented writer that could benefit from an editor.

I stuck with this through the end, mostly due to your fine writing. The last 2 chapters could be compressed into 1 which in my view would have tied things up more coherently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

You have a very good writing and the characters are multilayered, this, along with the well painted context makes this a very good story.

I think this is one of the best story i have read on this site although I dont enjoy romance. I mean I never opened the "romance" section( and i dont intent to, ever).

The only thing i dont like is the overemphasis on the "soul mate" thing. You can juge that somebody is your one true love after the curtain is closed( the end of your life) when everything that will be thrown at you has made collison.

My opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
simply wow!!

This is one of the most creative writings I have read. You simply have to publish this or else..... Cheers! and keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Simply amazing

This was one hell of a story. Wow is all I can say. Keep up the great work!!!!

DirtynOldDirtynOldover 9 years ago
Fantastic!!

Wasn't sure how much I would care for this story, but I have to admit it was more enjoyable as I read through. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
OUTSTANDING

Really enjoyed your work. Hope the rest of your stories are half as good. Thanks for the experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Lovely, simply lovely

A great story, and I imagine not an easy one to conceive or deliver. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Catchy and interesting

The title was misleading but the story was a work of art.

DomdomainDomdomainover 8 years ago
Truly great work! The Anon asshole definitely adds to the entertainment value...

So I ask myself... How far does the cheese have to slip off the cracker, to make 1* Anon boy take that much time out of his life to be an asshole? Even going so far as trying desperately to be the final feedback on each and every chapter??... Who does that? Wow, give it a shake buddy and seek professional help. That being said, JD, fantastic work and as a fellow author I know what an effort this must have been, all to be given away for nothing aside from the satisfaction of a job well done... Good for you! Keep up the stellar work.

Dom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
damn, just damn

I absolutely loved this story series! I was ticked by the reset on his memory but it just made it all the more amazing. I plan on reading all of your other stories!

AngolanAngolanover 7 years ago
Some lessons learned

It is not a story but also something which shed its great impression on reader (my) mind. It somehow changed the way of thinking. Superb work. You are great psychologist and surgeon of thoughts n carrier of emotions. I loved every page. Please keep it up and pour more. You are my favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Perfect!

I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well, that was dfferent!

You took me to a different place! I have read some of your stuff, but I didn't know you could write shit like this. wow shakin my head .. you are a better writer than I thought// that was amazing .. Thank you for that Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
T’was Psychologically Mind Opening

I wonder how many readers were reading these chapter(s) knowing the hidden message. In reality, we read here in Literotica to comfy us from our less satisfying lives. But your story was the first here in Literotica to give readers the much need clarity to face our less satisfying reality if only the readers (we) look the hidden message you left trailing behind in this story. Let’s not take my comment coming from a lightweight. Take that coming from me who am a user here in Literotica for 10 years now. I know but it is true and naturally when I came here, I was 19 years of age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I think one of the things that made the story so engaging was that it moved in such unpredictable directions. If these sudden shifts in reality were hard on the reader imagine how difficult they were for the central characters in the story !

Maybe there's a message here ? When chaos reigns and reason & logic go out the window .... trust in a wisdom of the heart ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry, but this was just stupid. Great writer but this was a miss.

What's with all this half-baked greek mythology?? Sorry, this was just a ridiculous farce of drug induced hallucination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Reactions

I've seen no middle ground in the comments so far. Whether you loved it or hated it (even if you thought it was stupid), the author, like all artists, has accomplished his goal: create a strong emotional response.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I couldn't stop reading.

The story was very well plotted and interesting as hell. I will say that the missing words, incorrectly used words, and the misspelled words detracted from a very good effort. Still, I recommend this story!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Good... but not as described.

I don't mind this story - for me to get through all of his chapters, I honestly have to say that I greatly enjoyed it, actually. Well thought out, cleverly written, with very hot sex scenes... what's not to like, really?

The thing, and that's the major problem of this whole series, is that... well, it's not at all what I expected. Sure, usually, this is a good thing, but not when said series is called "High School Again? Ugh!", and we're seldom in high school throughout it. Basically, I came in expecting some kind of "Back to The Future" ripoff with a whole of sexual escapade the hero of the story didn't have his first time around as a teen, and I definitely got some of that, at its beginning away... but what the author ended up giving us is something more like "The Immortals" with a dash of "Dark City" in it. Not saying it's bad, it's just... not what I expected, and ultimately, wanted.

So 'not saying people shouldn't read... I just wish it was more properly titled - "High School Again? Ugh!" makes sense maybe for the first three chapters, but, afterward. it has so little to do with this story, 'might as well called the whole thing something more apte, like "Greek Gods Sent Me Back to High School" or something. 'Would have been way more accurate.

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 6 years ago
Could not stop

This was a very good story..... it took me 3 days to read this sorry to see it end...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it!

It took me two days to read it, but it was a good read.

CyphaCyphaover 6 years ago
6 hours later

I absolutely loved reading it. I’m a firm believer in the Greek gods and you captured them so perfectly. Or at least you captured my belief of them. I just could not stop reading. Definitely a favourite, especially so because this is my first ever comment on this site. Bravo.

aikpnaikpnover 6 years ago

A very good story overall although sometimes hard to follow.

vknorrisvknorrisabout 6 years ago
Over all a Great story

i enjoyed every chapter but one. but i already voiced my opinion of that one.

i had a hard time putting the story aside. so i read as much as i could each day for a week or so. i loved the climax

thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Disapointing

The first chapters of the series are great. I myself dream about repeating my life with the knwoledge I have right now. But then the Story became lamer and lamer. I hated the part with the rape and I hated hate the bullshit with all the gods much more. Besides: Amagedon has nothing to do with Greek mythology. It is a part oft Christian theology. So: I began loving the Story an ended up hating it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
refreshingly different

A really good story with a well researched background. Very well worth my time to read it all

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well worth the time!

Started with an interesting premise and grew into a far broader story than I ever expected.

CaughtthedragonCaughtthedragonabout 5 years ago
Good but

Also a convoluted mess

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What a train wreck!

This had some good parts to it. But all the hairy horseshit about the Gods in this final chapter was just worthless. You managed to ruin the entire story at the end. BAH!

MasterDonald101452MasterDonald101452almost 5 years ago

I loved it.It was very entertaining,which is what a good story is all about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow. Just Wow.

Came here for the sex, stayed for the story. This was incredible. I really wish more people would read this.

rayironyrayironyalmost 5 years ago
Kinda a shame

the story was so very understated!

You are a fine , exuberant writer;

But do get an editor, preferably an English major,

for the sake of us readers.

DO NOT stop writing please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Semi allegoric story Should have named daughter Grace

You have John on the post, wondering why G-d (the mother rather than father) had forsaken him while protecting the future of humanity as a Satan stand in torments him. Comparison breaks there though.

- Loose ends-

John and Tara never married, if/when he pops back into High School what becomes of Tara and Maia? Surely her father will be concerned.

Tara could pop back into school with John, but then what of Maia? Even if they leave her with the ultimate babysitter (Grandmother) surely John and Tara will want to see and be with her.

- Perhaps they all stay on the island for a 'relatively' brief time until Maia is grown, but even in that case how do J and T leave her after that time and resume their 'real' lives without her? What would be the point for them. Both just going through the motions of young adulthood for a second time. Suppose it's necessary to keep 'order'.

- What about more children? (Would they be 'special' too?) Doesn't seem fair to J and T to be one and done before they are even 21 (this time through). Especially if they have to give up Maia. Surely they want to be surrounded by children and grandchildren as they get older. They deserve the reward of living out a "normal" life together.

- Won't even go there with what 'man' will be worthy to produce children (new gods) with Maia, although I suppose a whole new series could come from there.

Don't get me wrong, I read the whole series in one go and have great respect for the author and his ability to keep all the balls in the air while holding my interest, just some thoughts that came as I reflected back on what I had just read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of the best

Truly enjoyed reading something so original. I’m not a writer and can’t offer constructive criticism and honestly I see nothing to criticize. I’m going to read everything else you have posted now.

tavernkeepertavernkeeperover 4 years ago
Nicely done

Very good story. Went off in a completely different direction then I was expecting with the first chapter. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 stars...but

You used the phrase "could care less" at least a dozen times when you should have said COULDN'T care less. Very distracting from what was an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Interesting

Interesting story, but the grammar is horrible.tz

johntc24johntc24over 3 years ago
Wonderful

really enjoyed your story, Thank You. All the critic's have obviously never written anything

campomancampomanover 3 years ago
Wow

Wow Joe, hell of an imagination. Kept me enthralled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superbly conceived and written

Thank you so much. I’m exhausted - I stayed up all night reading this, quite unable to stop. Yes, it needs proofreading to removing the typos, but that’s it. I love the combination of the erotic and the fantastic, and your invocation and use of the Greek pantheon was magisterial.

Please write more for us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Knowledge of Ancient History n Love of an Intense Story

I first approached this story interested in the more sexual side, like many other tales. However, as I read deeper into the fascinating development of a “topsy-turvy” world involving the Ancient Greek Gods n Goddesses, along with two teenagers, both with dramatic, even horrifying, personal histories by each...... I continued to gain more interest, and personal knowledge, especially regarding the Personalities of select Greek Gods, little known or studied. I became, enthralled, yes, at times, upset and/or confused, but waiting, expecting, leastwise, hoping that our two ‘victims’, John n Tara, would truly find the long sought-for happiness after so many Trials n Tribulations.

In some ways I felt a closeness with John, during his early days of loneliness and after finding his Soul-mate, as did I later during my collage days. And after some 49 years of marriage, three children, seven grandchildren and even closer tie between us as age n sickness encroach ever closer. I also expect there was much of this that Harped on your own experiences. Yes, a Proof Reader would be beneficial to your scripting, but allow me to say, “ Well done, good sir, well done !” And, THANK YOU.

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

I loved this series and how it took a complete left turn from what I expected. It hit on all the emotions. Ignore the haters, this is a work of fantasy and I thought it was thrilling!

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

God I hate the way some people whine, that was excellent, don’t let anybody take anything away from that, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was honestly one of the best stories out here that almost made me cry, and god knows I dont cry a lot, excellent work.

Two little remarks however, I was a bit sad that the story with Hebe did not go any further, I really grew to like her despite her betrayal. Second remark is that oracles at the apollo's sanctuary in delphi did not give prophesies or did not even look into the future, the role of oracles was simply to give advises and basically their wisdom on common topics.

HotAZfireHotAZfireover 2 years ago

EXCELLENT story!!

Perhaps you should consider a proofreader but that’s of small consequence on such a great story!!

This would make an interesting screenplay!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story, sex was not necessary very entertaining. You should try to set up a patreon account, this story suggest uou could make some money writing. Other Lit writers havepay sites in oprration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Novel concept and great story. Stands on it's own without the sex.

Tckurtz1Tckurtz1about 2 years ago

Amazing story very entertaining...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What about poor Rodger?

Frankly I read the whole story but it was very painful to read the last 4-5 chapters. I was really hoping you'd redeem the highschool do over wish fulfillment promised in the premise.

You are a genius in one regard: promising no sex in the intro to the 4 page conclusion probably avoided most people who hated what happened with the story from reading, rating, or commenting.

It was torture.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Can’t believe I invested so much time in this shite! You lost it half way through and never recovered, this story wants to be poured down the John and flushed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This entire novel was better than many of the fantasy novels I have read in my 53 years of life, an those had the help of editors. It was good enough that I started to feel a desire to cut the sex scenes short and get back to the plot. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You tried to hard on this one. It started good but then went to shit.

OleGrumpy7OleGrumpy7over 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this immensely

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So many good people are reading into your work rather than reading your work. KEEP GOING! Your curiosity is teaching us about ourselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How will they explain when they return and have a baby or I guess that's were grandmother's power not taking from John he could manipulate the memories of all person know them.

bigurnbigurnabout 1 year ago

Still a lot of loose ends, as far as continuity goes. But, I raised my rating to 4 Stars. At least the last 3-4 chapters meshed. The title has little to do with the overall story and the first 2 chapters could have just been referenced. The story could have easily began with emerging from the coma, and summarized the early chapters in one page or so. However, by the end, I liked it.

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Lots of work here...lots of plot holes..loose ends and rather bizarre paradigm shifting here. Frankly, the core of the tale was supposed to be about a mature man reliving his high school experience with the memories of his older state. When it was focused on that fairly simple and fascinating framework..the whole thing angst and all worked well and was interesting. Then you got too anal into this fairly boring greek god thing and the protagonists transformation into whatever they became....and WOW did it get insipidly boring,

3 stars

Couple of suggestions there skippy....next time FOCUS your meta narrative tightly. When you indulge in to many rabbit trail diversions... the whole meta narrative gets so convoluted and chaotic that readers cease to be entertained. This one is simply too complex and needlessly so. The whole second chance thing is needlessly complex and really does not add anything to the interest of the whole storyline... I have a couple of masters degrees one of which is in Literature focusing upon Greek and Roman works... Even I loose track of the whole thing about episode 5...and buy episode 8 I frankly don't really care about anything excepting getting to the end of this tortuous mess as quickly as possible... In short...it stops being FUN and becomes almost like agtiprop. That is sad because you are a really good writer.

You problem here is you FORCED two really disparate concepts together POORLY... Running the High School High Jinks as a man in a kid's body...is a good and interesting concept. Trying to marry your own version of the Twlight of the Gods applied to Greek Mythology into that line just does not work well... Better to separate these and keep it simpler.

Anyway...the first 5 or so episodes were stellar....the last 4 are just wrong..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He has access to Gaia's power... Since he has her's and all of the powers the gods had were gifts from her, that means he has Hebe's powers too.

So likely, while he'll let Maia age I wonder if he'll keep Tara and himself young or wait until it's time to leave to de-age them back to high schoolers.

Will they both cause their respective parents to miss out on Maia's youth? It's not like it's beyond their powers to bring them to the island occasionally.

Will he try to get his sister together with the father of his niece to try to have her still exist even though she be different? If not, he'll likely spend a lot of time missing her.

.

Or will they just stay with their daughter until she's ready to become godlike then empower her and leave her to her existence...?

.

And if Tara is mom to the next generation of gods, does that mean *more* children of her loins the traditional human way or something else? And will *all* children they have become God's?

Inquiring minds want to know...

MarkT63MarkT6311 months ago

Not a bad ending...

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo11 months ago

What a story! It wouldn't surprise me if JoeDreamer's dreams were from a different life as chronicler of the stories the myth makers told. Perhaps as myth maker himself. "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story." Or as the exchange between myself and my closest bro of the times had it, walking out of the theater where we had both been blown away by seeing "Slaughter House Five" on acid, I said "Did I hear someone say his whole thing was hinself going off inside of himself?" And he said "Yeah. You did."

This was one fantastic story, JoeDreamer. One of the best. I'm glad my acid days are long behind me.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

A very very good ending. Thank you for the fantastic story!

lisajameshlisajamesh6 months ago

Excellent stuff. A story worth reading which had more than just sex in it. Wandered in places, but, still a good read

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandt6 months ago

I muddled through this entire story so that I could leave the most comprehensive review.

I believe like a lot of other readers, I was originally drawn to this story by the premise of a middle-aged man being transported back to his youth against his will and all the promise that scenario held. The conflicts with the Greek gods was not an attraction at any point in the story. Disappointment comes only from unfulfilled expectations and where the original premise of the story is concerned, I was disappointed.

I don't know if finishing the story before posting any part of it would have aided with the numerous errors in grammar, syntax, and consistency, but it would have definitely helped with the flow. The inconsistencies were the most distracting for me. I won't list them all, but an example is the one in the previous chapter when John locks his car in the high school parking lot in the morning upon his arrival, but ends up taking the bus home later that same day.

The future of John's family and everyone else just fell out of the story, leaving gaping holes (not "wholes") at the end. I have no idea where the author intended to go with the ending of this story, but he missed it by a mile.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love this story. I would also love a time travel story without the Gods but this is a great read. Thank you JoeDreamer youre a great story teller.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous