All Comments on 'He Aint Heavy...'

by TactileCazza

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
.

Another LAZY author who uses apostrophe's instead of quotation marks for dialog. Pure laziness.

The followup comments will tell you to ignore me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
lazy?

It's more effort to use apostrophes than quotation marks? Too bad you were willing to make the effort to criticize instead of beating off. Memo to readers - don't criticize others for their writing, they at least made an effort. Rather, if you don't like someone's writing style, set them a better example by doing it right in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Is this a running joke?

The convention in British English is to use one comma for speech, whereas American English uses two. Vive la difference!

The story was a bit of fun whether it used one or two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Constructive criticism

Ok good story the one thing i would have liked to get more into the leo character a little bit more. I feel that if you would have added a conversation at the dinner where leo could have spoken about his back story and then you could gave introduced the fact they they were half siblings and have that be in the open before their last romp in the story.

mafia_patriarchmafia_patriarchabout 11 years ago
Not heavy at all, maybe diet?

Hey Anonymous, the point of comments is for positive or negative feedback. Do you not get this? This is another barely incest story. And the title..I believe there's a song called "He ain't heavy, he's my brother " Coincidence?

RockyStoneRockyStoneabout 11 years ago
Decent start

I like the premise of unknown incest for the one and I'm betting the other female knows her half brother well. I'm hoping to find out how the relatives relate to each other. This going on about English to American composition really doesn't need to be discussed. I'm pretty sure there is more than one country in the world and we all have different ways. Anonymous commenters are bitches anyway, so write on TC.

RS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring I was half way through and caught my self drifting off to sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Apostrophe's against inverted comma's

As an English writer, and someone who's been writing stories, reports, and white papers for a very long time now, I can say with some recourse to my own experience, dialogue is always bracketed by double inverted comma's (quotation marks) while quotes are bracketed by apostrophe's e.g. "I love you" he said, as against "so you're 'the next big thing,' as they say", she grinned sarcastically. Any other way of differentiating between the two is just wrong, full stop. (or 'period' as our American cousins put it so succintly!)

PS to the author; mafia_patriarch usually makes a significant amount of sense, it might be a useful learning experience for you to take his comments to heart. He may be pithy, but he's usually right on the money.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous