All Comments on 'Dorian Ch. 01'

by TLittle19

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
GabrielRussellCD69GabrielRussellCD69about 11 years ago
Love it!

I love this story already. Keep writing!!!

SumacandIvySumacandIvyabout 11 years ago
Write Faster

Intriguing first chapter. You’ve set up the story for lots of twists and turns. Is it fair to say it isn’t long enough. I want to see more.

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueabout 11 years ago

Very interesting and very intriguing; naturally, I want more! Looking forward to chapter 2.

ElderlySchoolteacherElderlySchoolteacherabout 11 years ago
Love the Austenian names

I always thought this was the kind of friendship Darcy and Bingley had :). Looking forward to the coming chapters.

TLittle19TLittle19about 11 years agoAuthor
First Submission

I'm not entirely certain how to reply to comments on here yet. This is my first submission. Anyway, thank you so much for the comments.

SchoolTeacher, that is exactly what I was going for. ;) Austen is one of my favorite authors.

SumacandIvy, that is fair to say. I'm not familiar with the lengths on here yet, but the next chapter should be longer. :)

scarlett1939scarlett1939about 11 years ago
love it so far!!

Wow, I am hooked! Can't wait to read more!

damejintymcgintydamejintymcgintyabout 11 years ago
Great start.

Really enjoyed it. Always enjoy a good period drama. However, and it's just a tiny distraction but naming the main character Dorian Bay, just screams Oscar Wilde. Because of this, everything is tinted with comparisons with this work and Wilde's brilliance. I hope that the bar hasn't been raised too high. However, going back to my original comment, it shows great promise and I am sure that there were many same sex couples that had to hide behind the respectability of marriage. Good work.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66about 11 years ago

This has a lot of potential and am looking forward to seeing the progression. It is sad to think that in those days men had to hide behind marriage

canndcanndabout 11 years ago

I agree with lonesome. My other thought was that it is even worse though to think that we haven't come all that far considering we don't allow gay marriage to occur in most of our states and that many people still cringe and act annoyed if they see two people of the same sex kissing one another in publlic.

That said, you created two men who clearly love one another vs. enjoy being together to get off. I also feel worse for the women who may or may not know about their brothers' secret. To love someone and marry them, only to be unable to claim their heart or have theirs claimed, is terrible. It is highly unfair to the wives to be used to hide their secret and cement family relations and an outward appearance. I look forward to hearing a bit about how their feelings changed and how they finally admitted it to one another b/c of what was at risk I look forward to the story and seeing where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
really good quality.

your quality of writing is excellent. It is nice to stumble upon a well written story, among the hundreds of mispelled underwritten junk one can find on the site.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous