All Comments on '"Leo the Slob"- story poem'

by erectus123

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 11 years ago
To Leo & Fatima ---

A high-5 !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
So...

I had this physiology professor in college who liked to tell us strange things that she felt were pertinent to the rest of our lives for some reason. For example, she told us that really it's only heavy users of marijuana who need to worry about it sticking around for months. You smoke once or twice a month? Out of your blood in a day or less.

Well, the other strange thing she felt the need to impart to us, is that the penis works even when paralyzed, because paralysis effects muscles you have control over and the penis you don't have control over (sympathetic nervous system vs autonomic nervous system), it just works. She went on to tell the story (in graphic detail) of someone she knew who was paralyzed from the waist down who could function full well in that arena. So, Leo, he might not have had trouble getting it up, unless he suffered from ED on top of his other misfortunes.

erectus123erectus123almost 11 years agoAuthor
this might shed further info on your comment SCI=spinal cord injury

Yes, it depends where the injury took place, I have known a number of roofers who fell off roofs and could not achieve erections, others can and I quote," As long as sacral nerves S2-S4 are intact, most men with SCI are able to have reflex erections." Hope that is helpful. I think Leo's fall was more damaging due to the height and the fact that concrete was involved.

Bigred24Bigred24over 10 years ago
Nice Rhythm

I like your writing style for this poem, its very quick, as I read it I can actually pick up a rhythm and being from the Caribbean, that's always a good thing.

I'm sorry Leo can't feel from his waist down that's a bummer....... I enjoyed the poem though

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usererectus123@erectus123
462 Followers
 Personal Bio Notes: I was born in Belfast, passing through my dear mother's loins, and that is where I find most comfort, passing through with other women, not my mother. I survived through the years of Irish troubles and immigrated to the USA after various family tragedies...