All Comments on 'In a Bottle... Ch. 05'

by Zeban

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
welcome back

good story, grats on making it back to your story, and good luck on the next chapter

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 11 years ago
What timing!

Here I just found this story and comment on its demise yesterday and miraculously, a new chapter appears. Seems there must have been a genie trapped in an online sudoku puzzle freed to grant my true desire.

Loved this tale even though I think bringing Carmella back feels wrong. And Heather has to be brought back to atone for her part in this.

I guess it's back to the puzzles. Maybe I'll get lucky and get ch 6 for my next wish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
great to have you back

I had given up on this story continuing, cant wait for the next installment!!!

OnyxShadowOnyxShadowover 10 years ago
I hate to say this.

I love the themes of this story, and the first four parts were excellent. The quality isn't even diminished in this chapter. However, this one was just upsetting.

As a rule, I just don't want this level of gravity in my erotic fantasy. Carmella dying was awful, having an imitation take her place was hard to accept, and the off-handed waste of the final wish just makes it all the more discouraging.

Realistically (in the frame-work of this story) Alan won't be able to try-hard himself to the level of proficiency quickly enough to believably be able to overcome the foes that will be assaulting him. All that's left him is moderate ability in a niche school of magic, no wishes, and THREE magical companions who apparently are no more useful than expendable single-spell shields in a crisis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I gotta say, that last chapter was depressing

I mean..........now he knows the downside to illusions. They have limitations, especially since he does not have telepathy or other "psychic" powers to augment their usefulness.

Its only real use is feints, it doesn't have much of a defensive nature. He lives in an apartment, not a fortress. Unless he uses magic to alter visitors perceptions, making the place larger and or more complex, but even then if they let off a blast it would still have real effect.

But really the death and resurrection of a character really felt dirty. Hate to say it but the anon previous to me made alot of sense.

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckeralmost 10 years ago
I'm in full disagreement with the previous comments

In order for a story to work over a long arc, there must be change involved. Using the last wish to remake Carmella might have been a stretch, but this IS magic we're talking about after all, not to mention that this, in fact, is the author's universe to manipulate, and not necessarily the real one with genies thrown into the mix. Also, the protagonist's resolve to bring her back is an indication of exactly where his motives are.

Also, in contrast to what another commentator suggested, his magic is progressing rather quickly specifically because of the unselfish nature present in his usage thereof; would it not then stand to reason that using a wish, such a valuable commodity, to bring back a friend (especially when the intricacies of its possibility being so well laid out) might do the same? And didn't the selfless wish to free Misty lead to the acquisition of three more genies?

Another thing to think about is the first master of genies who came to acquire the diamond Misty came out of. Maybe he could become a mentor? Or perhaps an even better course would be an even quicker progression through magic, learning on an ever accelerating scale how to utilize his power, and particularly the subtleties of that power. This would allow for him to gain strength with each new threat posed by the Magi (acquiring the black coat from the dead foe would be an incredibly smart move), and maybe even give him insight into where other objects containing genies are hidden, therefore granting him more wishes and more power to protect his own while also posing an increasing threat to the quite obviously dark forces of the Magi. Hell, maybe his integrity will even grant him special access to whatever being(s) created the genies in the first place.

This increased power also provides for plenty of opportunities to have new types of sexual exploits, rather than sticking to his genies or putting homing beacons like Heather out there to alert other harmful agents to his prowess. Virtually nothing would be off limits as the story progresses. Maybe at some point he encounters a female Magi, overpowers her, then overwhelms her spirit such that she becomes an ally. Maybe the source of genies is, say, Aphrodite, and he winds up having sex with the Greek goddess of love. Who knows?

Ergo, the possibilities for this story are endless, and I greatly encourage the author to continue. 5/5...and that's no easy feat with me when trying to weave an intricate story line into erotic fiction. Kudos.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Jinxed it I guess

Perhaps my excitement last year( really that long?) was premature.

Alas, Another fine tale fades in memory. I do hope to see more but As with so many of us, life gets in the way and there is never enough time. Family is too important to ignore so best wishes and I will check back when I can remember to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Please do not end it here

The story is really good, but it worries me that it may just languish unfinished (that's what it feels like). Too many potentially good series just die a whimpering death, never being completed.

ZebanZebanover 9 years agoAuthor
I am still here...

I know it feels like forever to you guys who are used to seeing chapters come out 3 or 4 a month for people who are more polished authors, but this is probably the longest I have ever worked on one piece and would like to have it feel complete. Sure, I already know how it is going to end and I could sit down and throw together the main events leading up to that in one final chapter and submit that, but I would be left feeling dirty and traitorous afterwards. Like all of my favorite fiction, once I finished the first chapter I decided it would be the details and continuity of the "rules of this world," if you will, that would make it more captivating. I do have half of chapter 6 done (well, it has been half done for about 8 months, honestly) and I am still working on completing In a Bottle. Albeit at my own pace. It might be five years before I can finally call it done, but I would rather that than make all of you wait this long just to throw something together in one weekend and say that's that.

As always, I appreciate the comments you guys leave for me. Trying to write pure erotica doesn't challenge me at all, and trying to write a complete novel is something I really don't have the gusto for with little kids and other life obligations, so this little story of mine is the best of both worlds for my creative mind and gets me feedback. I mean honestly, over twenty thousand of you guys have checked out my story and several hundred have been moved enough to click the little stars and express an opinion on the piece, but the short story/prologue piece I put up several years back for a serious story on Writing.com still has less than 100 views I believe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This guy doesn't give a Fuck

I enjoyed this story a lot, Shane this Bastard is too far up his own arse-hole to write another story so I've gone and given 1 star to every chapter because this wanker doesn't give a Fuck about us. We should be more important than his entire life, why he taking so long!?!?!?

DICK HEAD DICK HEAD DICK HEAD

mharrisonmharrisonover 8 years ago
More please

I hope you're still around and are going to continue with this story. Really enjoying it and want to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Love to hear more.

I can understand it taking a long time to write a story. I have tried it myself a few times and always ran out of puff. As an avid reader, I enjoy the character development in this story. I very much look forward to seeing more. Good luck with your writing. Hopefully life isn't too hectic for you to continue. 👍

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userZeban@Zeban
395 Followers
Chapter 8 of In a Bottle... is dedicated to Dave, you've proven to me that you never know where you'll find new friends in life. I appreciate your time and outgoing attitude. - - - There isn't a whole lot to say about myself. I enjoy reading good books in the fantasy genre ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES