All Comments on 'Morrowing, Still'

by Greensparks

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
HarryHillHarryHillabout 11 years ago
Going to have to come back and read this again

each stanza stands alone and the title suggests ..sorrowing still...5ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Beautiful writing. Thank you for sharing.

AngelineAngelineabout 11 years ago
Wow!

A total wow of a poem. I might tinker with the ending a bit (or maybe I just need to read it a few more times to get it), but when I see something this good I want to say "get it off Lit and submit it to a poetry journal!" Just my opinion. Thank you for a great read,

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 11 years ago
This is as good as anything I've read in a while

I copied it this morning after I first read it because it struck a chord with me, but I couldn't unravel it. Unfortunately, "cyber poetry" often triggers an immediate reaction because that's how cyberspace subconsciously affects us. Not so in this case. You'll probably get one or two comments from me as I slow things down to read it again. I don't do that a lot on this site.

A quibble (perhaps):

"Sunflower seed symphony," said so much to me I wonder if "Ginger cookie overdose," was necessary.

More to come. Thanks for posting this.

sandybsandybabout 11 years ago

Complex and artful. As noted by others it requires thoughtful reading. Thanks for this submission.

TzaraTzaraabout 11 years ago
Obviously well crafted,

and you've clearly thought about every line. I can't follow it all, but that might just be me.

This is so way better than the usual thing here there is nothing else I can say other than, as Angie said, Wow!

Come talk in the forum, please.

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 11 years ago
you had a bad night?

and you want to share it?

poetically? Nice sonic patterns spread throughout, but smacks heavily of overreach and under-thought as to what is supposed to say and to whom. i.e.

Where the menu is as unlikely a collage as

The millionth monkey’s newest lines!

! (?)

But WTF do I know?

5ed

demure101demure101about 11 years ago
Like this -

Good imagery and food for thought.

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 11 years ago

When 1201 posts, I think a lot about what he writes because he knows his stuff. That said, I don't agree with his comment about "overreach." In fact, I think the confusion of the poem says a lot about the narrator who's groping for meaning. "A million monkeys" is a great metaphor for a guy who's always been smarter than the average bear, so to speak, (I imagined he's something like a mathematics professor after I Wikipedia-ed "a million monkeys"), and is trying to make some sense of things based on his intellect and experience, but just keeps coming up short which is keeping him awake at night. If I'm going in the right direction, I stand corrected with my earlier comment about redundancy because going around circles would be the point. If, on the other hand, there's some coherent statement among the many complex images in the poem that's escaping me, it would be overreach in my opinion because I believe a poet, no matter how adept he is with the nuances of language, has to connect with the reader at some meaningful level. Given my assumptions, this poem did that for me and remains a favorite.

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 11 years ago
btw

this poem is mentioned in a thread "easy way to tell" the thread is about how a newb can tell if a poem is good by the comments if they are in depth and with specifics. I am impressed by the comments left here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous