All Comments on 'Brother Love Ch. 01'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good beginning

Please continue but make the chapters longer..5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Unexpected

Didn't expect to see a story like this on Literotica. It's interesting. I am curious to see the direction you take it

KirkelKirkelalmost 11 years ago
Such potential!

The world can be your oyster...or this series can.

EdgarJames34EdgarJames34almost 11 years ago
always fun to read your stuff...

should be fun to see where you go with this...

LancerInLALancerInLAalmost 11 years ago
Curious

Were you looking for your loyal (and semi-loyal) readers to contribute and help generate topics through feedback?

A good beginning. Self-discovery is never a bad thing. I will read all submissions, good and bad.

Thanks.

Val

DanandJoanDanandJoanalmost 11 years ago
Good values

Loved the beginning. Good values taught to your family will see them through. Looking forward to more chapters.

powerbanepowerbanealmost 11 years ago
Love it!

I love all of your writing. I like the intriguing start to this one! Got any tips for aspiring writers?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
more

Finnish this please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Interesting concept....

Please continue. It sounds like a noble experiment.

lokiloslokilosalmost 11 years ago
Gave it a 4

I want to see where it goes first before I rate it higher. I am saving that midget quote though, that was gold

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
This Is Great!!!*****

Something different and interesting that should be fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
So far so good

I like how it's starting out. Keep the chapters coming, and please keep them coming quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I liked the start

qhml1,

Just a comment, turning 60 is NOT getting old. You probably have a 20-30 years left or 25-33% of your total life. Still a little self-discovery is a good thing. Given how good you are at writing, my guess is that I'm going to enjoy the voyage...mostly. The rest will make me think, sometimes that is painful.

Write on my man, this will I'm sure, be interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Like your work.

Could be an interesting series. Liked the beginning.

Wouldn't mind if the show took off and he became a male Oprah. Easy to do if sponsors become interested. Wouldn't have to suck up to them either. After all it is his show as he develops it which would generate the interest.

I too worry about the future for my grandson. If we are lucky, global warming will only cause the deaths of a few hundred million people. Worst case is a Canfield ocean and the extinction of all higher life forms - including us.

Read an interesting article yesterday by Gwynne Dyer about how bad the economy can get in a fight to reduce global warming. The value of big oil is largely due to reserves of gas and oil in the ground. These trillions of dollars of value are used to borrow for exploration, etc. A real fight to reduce global warming means that reserve can't be used and so it's value is zero. Economic meltdown bigger than 2008.

Hard choices ahead for a lot of people. Dyer also wrote the book Climate Wars in which he stated that starvation in some countries with nuclear weapons is likely and that is going to be a big problem for neighbors with food.

It is predicted that a rise of two degrees globally will reduce food production such that India will be unable to feed 250 million of it's people. Africa will be even worse off as they have major problems already. Megadeath is not going to be just the name of a band.

Depressing isn't it.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 11 years ago
I've liked most of what you have posted,

And even the stuff I have liked less well has been well-written. That earns you a measure of trust as an author. So I guess I'll follow along and see where you go with this.

A bit of warning, though: Literotica is littered with series where the author started out full of purpose, then got into the middle of things and couldn't figure out what to do, and so he or she stopped writing. Please don't be another one of those people.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 11 years ago
More please

and hurry. Liked it so far and it has great potential.

Woodmanone

hoosier76hoosier76almost 11 years ago

I've always enjoyed your sotires, please continue with this one!

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Interesting work

I am confident that you will find your way to interesting topics and I will read all that you post..

About sixty years ago I wrote an essay autobiography which I called "The First Quarter". My teacher took me to task for thinking that life would be over at sixty. I really did believe that title and if had not had bypass surgery done at 59 years of age and some luck in the previous two years by living with capillary flow around a 100% blocked artery, the prediction would have come through. Now at 75, I feel that I am hopelessly aged and feel the same things as your protagonist. I have the sneaking suspicion that there are a lot of people in the thirty or forty age bracket who are feeling the same depression!

likeboblikebobalmost 11 years ago

What happened to the "Chocolate and Caramel" story? Please finish one before you start another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Filled wth promise

I'm looking forward to riding along on this journey

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

So much potential. Please continue.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 11 years ago

Whatever you write it will be interesting, so I am along for the ride.

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 11 years ago
OK. I'm in...

Let's have more of this story, please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good Stuff

I have read some of your other stories and enjoyed them, this one is off to an interesting start. PLEASE do not leave long periods in between. I know I am asking a lot and quality suffers but the reading experience suffers when there are long spells in between.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Make sure that you include a good amount of insulin in this work

It can get sickly sweet very quickly if you don't watch it. Drama is rarely in exposition, which seems to be the setting of this story.

Good luck with it.

TTEDTTEDalmost 11 years ago
IM UP FOR THE RIDE

HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED YOUR WRITING AND YOU HAVE BECOME ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS....BUT AS OTHERS HAVE STATED PLEASE DON'T LEAVE TOO LONG BETWEEN CHAPTERS AND PLEASE FINISH THE JOURNEY ...WAITING WITH BATED BREATH FROM NZ FOR THE ENSUING CHAPTERS

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 10 years ago
Next

Anxious to see where this is going...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

interesting thanks

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Good start

Be interesting to see where you're taking this; hope the next chapter is longer & more exciting. 4 ****

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 9 years ago
How clever!

I hope this series of chapters turns out to be something wonderful, but win or lose, I think this is a wonderful idea, and I hope you enjoy writing it.

And to think that you were just lamenting that all your stories seemed the same. That could happen to most people, but I don't see it happening to you. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
brother love 01

starts off good looking forward to where it is going. Final comments in last chapter.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Don't know where you will end up, but you have certainly made a good start!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Brother Love

I think it has a great deal of potential and I know you'll do a great job with it. really enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I have read most of your offerings

Several times and enjoyed them all. First time with this series. I am 61 and share your despair, seemingly more each day. Most of your work makes my day better. Thanks!

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
An awesome beginning

This is like a dance. You are leading, we readers are following. Let's find out where we are going.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent Foreplay

Great start.

DadforfiveDadforfiveover 6 years ago
I get it.

My wife died in a car wreck Not quite 2 years ago. It put me in a weird situation. In a situation where I questioned life, the universe and everything. I understand what your character is trying to do, and I really look forward to seeing his voyage. I appreciate it

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Luv it so far- you set the table nicely

I too am interested in the things Brother Love is curious about. On with the show!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Read the first chapter

I thought the idea was excellent and the writing good although spell checking would be recommended. Jumped to the end of chapter 4 (the last chapter posted) and found that it ended there with no further chapters. Why bother reading something that's unfinished. Don't know if the author got bored or just lost interest. Waste of time and all stories that have gone unfinished for many years get an automatic 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Thank you to the below comment, saved me reading further, so tired of reading unfinished stories on this site.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
As said don't like long thanks for comment definitely quit

Probably would have anyway

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Interesting start

This is an intriguing start

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Too Bad ...

that program of this sort couldn't/wouldn't happen, for whatever reason. So sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Don't be so quick to quit. As "The Old Philosopher", Eddie Lawrence, said, "You'll never give up... never give up... never give up... that ship."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd hate to put words into Q's mouth since he is so better with them than me but after reading a comment by that famous philosopher anonymous about the story being left unfinished after four chapters two possible answers seemed possible from the beginning of the series.

1) Brother Love ran out of money

2) He found his answers

Thanks Q

somewhere east of Omaha

LSantiagoLSantiagoover 2 years ago

not erotica but nice

Its not want i usually read other genres but once i started i read it it moved fast enough

congrats

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You and some other writers come up with pretty good stuff keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked this a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

???

1*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. A real introspective piece. As far as I’m concerned this could end here & be a finished tale.

Bill S.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 1 year ago

Well now, I'm 90 and I expect you to get on the damned ball so I can finish this tale of woe. Get writing fellow I can't wait too much longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You and 3 or 4 other authors are the only reason I sometimes look at Literotica. All your stories have warmth and interesting characters and the ones about bikers are truly great! Thank you and please try to keep it going.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

I 80 and have read this before and found it quite intriguing. To have the money or the where with all to just ask the questions or point out the flaws and inadequacies in world and those who run our lives. That's right those who run our lives cause we certainly don't.

I actually learned that about 64 years ago in 1959 when I was in high school. We had a class titled contemporary problems taught by an entertaining teacher called Mr. Cosgrove. He was short and stocky and he also taught US history. One day he asked "do you live in a free country?", of course we all said yes then he started pointing things out. Trying to start a business, you are not 'free' to start a business, there is the business, license and insurance and all the regulations and laws depending what type of business you start. You want to drive a car? It's not free, you need a drivers license and car insurance among other things.

You work for 20 years and pay off your mortgage on the home you bought, now you can live for free. Right? Wrong, you still have property taxes to pay but what if in your retirement you don't make that much? You lose the house because the property taxes are not based on your income, your home has appreciated and you can't afford to live in it anymore. Are you really free? Maybe that's why there are so many homeless today maybe they are truly the 'free' ones. No mortgage, no rent. They don't file taxes anymore. I've been retired for 10 years and I still have to file taxes. Is that right? Our lives are run by people that think they know what we need and want but they don't. Do think your elected officials care if you can't afford to by that piece of fish at the market? There is no end to the being free list if you really think about it. Our author points all this out in his quest for happiness? Knowledge? Satisfaction? Curiosity? Love? Don't get me started on love, I still haven't figured that one out. I'll read qhml1 again and hope it answers some questions, but maybe not, it will just bring up more. Onward? We just need to pick a direction, it really doesn't matter because none of us are free.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hope the last 10.years have been good to you. At 3/4's of a century I've been doing a lot of retrospection. No firm answers yet.

LMJ

USMCVetUSMCVet4 months ago

Unfinished series. Good, but don’t bother.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Interesting idea.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8916 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES