All Comments on 'Demons Slain'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
GentleVikingGentleVikingalmost 11 years ago
Way to go...

A very nice rewrite that does not leave you with suicidal thoughts like the first version did :-)

Well done Sir and much appreciated

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Much pleasanter story than the original

This was well done and as usual leaves my eyes slightly damp... I wonder if the author ever made or sold these beautiful pillows he describes. It certainly sounds as if he had personal experience with some.

LadyVerLadyVeralmost 11 years ago
Great story

A great read. It's kind of nice reading a story that is light on detailing the sex scenes. :)

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
lovely

lovely. liked how you developed their relationship through communication. both of them hurt, both of them needed each other, but only through talking did they come to realize they needed and loved each other. Thank You

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
VERY Pleasant Ending compared to the Original…

Well Done…!!

Jack99Jack99almost 10 years ago

Allen sat on the stoop, and plotted his revenge. The tosser had married his wife, and he knew only one way to get back at him. He slunk off and plotted.

A year to the day, Allen and Elise were wed. His victory grin was short lived, however. Three days later, they were both found dead by each others hand.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
{{{All smiles now}}}

You need to go back and put a sad ending warning on the other version! That said I am a lot happier now than I was a bit ago. I just felt so cheated. Well, not now. Now I'm quite happy and satisfied. Just please, give some warning before you do something like that again!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I read this version first and like it -

I will check for the divergence later - But this was a good story well ended -

Thank you

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
The other version

Was ok but this one is by far the best,,,thanks for making the change!

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 9 years ago
Didn't read the other one

. . . and don't intend to. This one is quite wonderful, in my opinion, and I am pleased to have been manipulated so skillfully. The car crash brought me up short, and then when I was convinced that the romance would slide blissfully along to the end, in stepped the drunken lout of an ex-husband.

It's almost as if you have a secret peep hole to watch my face, and you love to jerk my chain to keep me interested. I know of no other author, on Lit or anywhere else, who can move me through a story as you can. Very well done, Kezza, or Texrep, or whoever you choose to be. Thank you.

Hans

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
thank you for listening and caring for your readers

This is a schmaltzy and very happy ending. much happier than the original.

thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So much better than the alternative ending

I must admit, this version is just so much better than the other one. While both are very well written and highly enjoyable stories, I much prefer the happy ending to the devastating ending the other version has.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
beautiful

A love story with a happy ending, who could ask for more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
An excement of a diseased British faggots pathetic mind !

"1*" of course !

Lw456902Lw456902over 7 years ago
Relief

I have read your stories with great enjoyment, The Mists of Time being one of my favorites. I read the first version of this story and when I reached the part about her death I had to stop, I didn't finish the story. I will tell you I almost didn't come back and only my enjoyment of your stories had me return. I found the revised story and skimmed to the point where she died and I finished the story. Thank you for doing that and for giving me a reason to come back to read your stories. So for now I have to go as The Mists of Time are once again calling my name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dam that was an excellent story

Unfortunately it looks like a number of USA redneck commenters didn't like this story. These would be the same brainless cretins who voted Donald Trump into office. What more can I say! These same cretins are going to be pissed off when they find out that Donald won't follow through with his election promises. Hillary will not be going to jail you idiots. They are also crying because their beloved Duck Dynasty has finally been cancelled, lol!

thalt992000thalt992000about 7 years ago
I can say

After reading both versions that they are both good ending one has the finding of love to lose it. The happy ending is just that . The story it's self is good . If you read both it can show you how easy life can get screwed up by a simple cord. Or a car accident forcing you to be somewhere for a extended amount of time to build a bigger connection. Life is in a constant state of change no one is truly in control.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Happy USA Redneck

I am in fact from the USA and also hail from Redneck Heaven. However I found this to be a wonderful story. So some of us aren't like that!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 7 years ago
fine story

Nice rambling read. It could have used more drama, nobody broke a sweat, or lost a night's sleep. Too much sweetness and light doesn't really work well. When the drunk husband showed up, it would have been good to describe the crowd's reaction. In the US, the groomsmen would have closed ranks.

Chilley

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
This Story Had More Twist Than My Daughter's Sugar Loaded Twist Candy Stick

Absolutely Beautiful/Brilliant Story! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

One thing? Where I come from If someone objects too a wedding it normally then goes before the Magistrate to determine the Outcome! A real pain in the Ass BYE!

Storm113Storm113over 5 years ago
Much better!

Definately a better ending and a better story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
For what it's worth

I thought the original ending was just fine -- life doesn't always hand us the happy endings which seem to be de rigueur in Romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lovely mate, Five stars

I start to like more and more your stories. Dankeschön

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Happily Ever After

Much, much better than the first edition. I’d give this version a “6” if available.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 5 years ago

You've given us no less of a story than the first version; a less heart-rending ending, but certainly still a worthy successor to the original.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Years ago

Well it seems ages ago that I read the 1st version; I have to say that at the end I was fit to choke you!!

I know I scored it a 3* - I was so disappointed! But this version runs much smoother and a 5* is absolutely no problem,

VBR

19pvc44

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

I've just read "Demons to Slay" and am glad I read the stories in that order. I commented then that the author had right to select any ending he liked. This ending is fine but leaves the story as much like many others, the former is memorable for being so unexpected.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is better but doesn't completely wash away my distaste for the abrupt ending in "Demons to Slay". I agree that the author has every right to conclude a story in any way they choose. However the abruptness of the ending was my main dislike. I was not happy to see that in 3 short paragraphs the author demolished his whole story. As to rewriting the story, I would rather that he added an ending where Angela's husband died and she came to Greg for comfort. Still has the tragedy, adds another tragedy, but ends with two people together as a romance should.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous