All Comments on 'The Donor'

by brainfade

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
DrbicDrbicalmost 11 years ago
Reality

Lovely story about a loving couple and a broken girl. Something about this story moved my soul. Good job!

OleguyOleguyalmost 11 years ago
That was a heart breaker.

What a wonderful but so different story. The patience of your heroes in their loving of Trudi was momentous.

vaccvaccalmost 11 years ago
I liked it BUT....

You need to keep the characters straight. There are only six after all - Trudi, Kate,her father, Kim, Tom and Cathy (who is absent from the stage) - yet several times you substituted Cathy for Kim. Kim was in the bathroom but Cathy got into the shower,for example. I see this way too often on this site and it's really annoying. If I had to guess at the cause, I'd say that you let your spell checker and grammar checker do your proofreading for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
great story, great characters, but

I'm not sure I have who is who straight, or maybe you don't. Once I gave up trying to keep the action straight, I was fine. Perhaps it is just me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice Theme; Needs Character Separation

Lovely story. Details wrapped up in the end.

Three-way conversations can be tricky to do well without becoming clumsy with words. Just remember to make it easier for the reader to follow who-says-what-when. You may start with "said Kim." And stuff like that. On re-write - pare the words down to an easy flow with clear character recognition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very nicely done.

I want to know more about Trudi's life as she moved on into her future. But that just means that you got me to care about her, not that you need to write a sequel!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous