All Comments on 'Simplicity Ch. 02'

by lessthanperfect

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Still here . . . still enjoying . . . still interested to see where you're going with this.

I like that you're not moving their relationship too fast, and I like Duke's quietness.

canndcanndalmost 11 years ago

i don't think you're going in this direction, but I'm kinda hoping for a paranormal theme. How did he catch him so fast when he tripped? And in ch. 1 you said something about a vampire randomly. :) Aside from that, I would like to know more about Duke too. Sadly, if the narrator knows nothing about him, we know nothing also. Lookin forward to more

chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
"Of what is past, or passing, or to come." A line of poetry from William Butler Yeats' "Sailing to Byzantium".

Cannd, I strongly believe you can kiss your paranormal/vampire wish goodbye for this story. Surely you've seen someone start to fall or drop a hot pan and dash to their rescue. The observer is aware of the situation prior to the almost injured. Finally, go back and reread the beginning of chapter one. Luke opens the story with comments about the boys life: bit dull, bit strange, not having to do something or other for a Vampire Lord, and all a bit perfect. Remember the title of this delightful story is "Simplicity". Have patience Cannd. Duke (I surrender to the use of this nickname) is from the small town of South Boston, Virginia in the piedmont section near the North Carolina border. Luke picked up on the region's soft southern accent and Duke's general gentility. Lilly I too love the pace. It's like how a small breeze makes tranquil waves lapping on the shoreline of a lake. Duke displays a reticence towards Luke near the end of this chapter: "Not at all. You're quite interesting; I just didn't feel the need to interject." I suspect we're in for an intimate, and fascinating lusty tale with lots of personal detail of an honest and dazzling drama and romance. We just need to have perseverance.

ChrissiChrissialmost 11 years ago

Love the drawn out simmering ones!

Wish your chapters were longer though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

The growing friendship is headed in the right direction. Duke seems to hold considerable promise of being a great lover -- the soft chest hair, the kindness, and willingness to catch and rescue Luke. I'll bet Duke is very well endowed. Their sexual activity should be very loving and gentle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
so far so good!

I am already in love with ur characters... I love Duke's quietness and Luke's talkative personality... He's too cute.... Ur off to a good start... I like the slow burn here... Please continue...

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 11 years ago
I like your pace

It is nice to be able to read a story that is paced out. Duke too has me intrigued, the tall, silent type. Looking forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Please no paranormal

No offense to your other readers who provide insightful and positive feedback on your work. I would rather read a story abou 2 humans that hav problems make it work and get on with their lives together. Throw in some sexy times and I'm

Sastified. Great pace, love the slow build and the pursuit of friendship and relationship before engaging in other "activities".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Nice to see a story with civilized characters (although saying he's "not a whore" because his relationships last - gasp - a whole 8 weeks does indicate that our little twink is somewhat shallow).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
best...

one of my best reads

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous