All Comments on 'How to Ruin A Good Story'

by BlueDaisy

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Good Advice

Good advice - every wanna-be author should read it.

Thanx for posting, Daisy

Planet TJ

hecate_portalhecate_portalalmost 20 years ago
You said it, sister!

My biggest complaint as a reader of erotica found on this site is the same as yours. There have been many times I would start to get lost in someone's words when a glaring error would leap out at me. From that point on, I would focus on the writing, wanting badly to get out my red correcting pen and go to work. I have even edited and sent the copies to those who were receptive, but those are few and far between. I have only written one piece for this site and was ashamed to find two errors after submission. By then it was too late. But thank you so much for saying what you did. I agree with the other post: this should be required reading for all who use www.literotica.com as their lending library. Thanks for this submission, as well as your others. I have enjoyed them all! Keep writing!

doormousedoormousealmost 20 years ago
Hell yeah

There's nothing worse than reading a story full of spelling errors!!!

To the last post:

It's never too late.

Just resubmit your story with errors corrected. Make note at the bottom that it's a pre-approved story and they will resubmit your work.

I hope people read, and take notes from this piece of writing. A simple spell check solves most problems ;-)

zephrbabezephrbabealmost 20 years ago
Bravo

If only every author was made to read this...

I heartily congradulate BlueDaisy on her astute rendition of Bad Writing. Unfortunately, I have seen much worse writing than that on Literotica, a feat I might never have thought plausible.

BlueDaisyBlueDaisyover 19 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback.

I really appreciate all the comments and kind words.

I, too, hate to see one of my stories in print only to notice errors I'd made and missed. Even worse are the ones that aren't just typos.

Thanks again to all of you.

FRENCHIE44TFRENCHIE44Tabout 19 years ago
Front Page

This should be on the front page so everyone who posts a story has to read it before they can continue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Blind

Either those that responds to this threads were blind or that I am seeing things. There were so many spelling mistakes that I could hardly finish through. Talk about ruining a good story. Bleh

GeorgepatGeorgepatalmost 19 years ago
My Thought's

Hi,

I read with great intrest, your "How To" guide that you were kind enough to write and post.

Thanks, I've learned from you...and I won't forget it

Thanks,

Georgepat

BlueDaisyBlueDaisyover 18 years agoAuthor
OK...ONE MORE TIME!!!

Thanks of those of you who "got" THE "TONGUE-IN-CHEEK" message of this story.

For those of you, who usually write anonymously (as is your right), please read the whole piece before you decide I can't take my own advice. It is a PARODY, folks. If you read one or two sentences, you just aren't gonna "get it". Do you know what "parody" means"? If you don't, I recommend dictionary.com. If you would like to leave a contact address, I'd love to discuss the topic with you. I am as polite in my reply letters to those who like my stories as I am to those who don't.

I don't admit to perfection. I know I have errors that miss my multi-proofreadings and spell-checks. But come on...have a bit of sense of HUMOR, please.

But, thanks for reading, anyway.

Blue

2052Dreams2052Dreamsabout 18 years ago
This was simply great.

I loved this. Funny as hell and a great way to make your point.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969about 2 years ago

Agreed 100000% it's the exact same with me, I mean hard is it to stop and proofread and use the Grammarchecker if Necessary. Hell that's what I do and I'm writing for personal enjoyment not by choice mind you. One or two I could maybe Handle but not when it's almost every Sentence, then it's like have you people ever heard of a Spellchecker or a Dictionary? Anyways as soon as I see way too many Grammar Errors that is when I leave your Story I don't care how 'Hot' it is or how 'In To It I Am' as soon as I see too many Grammar Errors that is when I Quit and Leave. My Only Exception to this is Dialog and How and What the Characters Are Saying for example "Ya'll Must Be Joken I Ain't that Kind of Gal" or "Wha....what's going on? Wha....Where...am...I? An And Who who Are yu You?" Etc....... And the only exception of this for me is when Character or Characters are having Sex. With Those I Personally Tend to Give those A Pass.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous