All Comments on 'Djinn: Tiamat's Gift'

by soiledprairiedove

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 11 years ago
Titles

I have enjoyed the first two installments of your tale, but I feel I must comment on their titles:

"Djinn: The Discover of a Lifetime"

...I assume you accidentally left the "y" off of "Discovery"

"Djinn: Tiamat's Gift"

...as you add more and more chapters/parts to the story, it will become more and more difficult for your readers to know the order in which they should be read.

Titles like

"Djinn: Ch 01."

"Djinn: Ch 02."

...solve that problem, but at the expense of the "flavor" of your subtitles.

Perhaps then, a format such as:

"Djinn: Ch 01. - The Discovery of a Lifetime"

"Djinn: Ch 02. - Tiamat's Gift"

...would keep the sequencing correct AND retain the flavor added by the subtitles.

-Rei

UpHillAllUpHillAllalmost 11 years ago

I loved both chapters. They were wonderful. Thanks for writing and sharing.

mikrosmikrosalmost 11 years ago
Wow!!!!!

Loved it and though this one is complete , I hope you write more stories. Your writing style is amazing . Thank you

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Deliciously Exotic

The placement of era and locale enhances the exotic flavor of this tale. Your first chapter showed your ability to tease the reader into rushing on to the second. You have a command of the language and your choice of less common descriptive words lends deepens the sense of the exotic.

If the muse favors it, the succeeding chapters promise many avenues. Her career, Egyptian adventures, a return to the UK... Who knows? Perhaps there is one or another djinn, god or demigod left in the world yet to contend with; or to compete with for Qingu's or Madeleine's favors. Perhaps in the arcane bowels of some British museum?

I have favorited you and will check back for subsequent offerings.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous