All Comments on 'Simplicity Ch. 05'

by lessthanperfect

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
Thank you for "Simplicity".

I quote a line from W. Somerset Maugham's book, "The Summing Up". 'But when now and then I have come across real goodness I have found reverence rise naturally in my heart.'

You have shared the beauty of your story, Bambi and Duke with your readers. I shall be forever grateful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

It was a nice story with interesting characters. A very enjoyable read.

KrutherKrutheralmost 11 years ago
Sweet!

A very enjoyable sweet story. I would definitely be interested in reading more of your work! Thank you!

avidreadravidreadralmost 11 years ago

A sweet enjoyable love story with nice people a HEA, A pleasant way to spend some time on a not July afternoon. Thank you for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thank you for a beautiful story!

This story was so beautiful that I cried -- and I knew somehow that things would work out for the best between Duke and Luke. They are so loving, and their love-making so devoted and tender that they deserve every success that comes their way. I absolutely loved Duke's personal family story, and loved the way Duke chose to reveal the bits and pieces of his life. It certainly helped the reader to understand where Duke was coming from and why falling in love for him meant so much. Then Luke reveals that he loves Duke, and Duke responds that he has been waiting a long time to hear that. Then Duke's tender scenes with Luke, and Duke's beautifully soft hairy chest (which Luke had seen and touched before) just made for a perfect "landing" for Luke. Luke had said in an earlier chapter that he didn't know that chest hair could be so soft. I think that speaks to Duke's tender side! As you yourself said, you could have done more with the sex scenes, but we get the point. Their fucking was tender and passionate. Yes, it may be a "happily ever after" story, but it is so heartwarming that it brings tears of joy to the eyes. It should bring back many warm memories of past loves or of beginning loves for the readers! Thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thanks for the story

This story quite moved me. You can never find good gay literature anymore, it's just all about the tactless sex. But this story gave me a wave of emotions that kept me clinging and wishing for more. I found this story just after you wrote part 4, and I'm happy to admit that I checked my iPod every hour to see if the next part of the story had been posted. You developed your characters to be instantly lovable, and the romance between the men was so heart throbbing... Better than any romance novel I can find at Barnes and Noble. Thanks for Duke and Bambi, I can't wait to see more of your excellent work 👬❤

canndcanndalmost 11 years ago

I liked the last line alot. I liked the story alot too. I think you did a great job for a first story. It was written well. You definitely fleshed out your characters which is so important. It was a sweet ending that was appropriate given the ruling about marriage this past week or so.

I'd recommend getting a beta reader if you try writing again~ I hope you will, and soon! You do have a talent for writing a story. All the published authors have one or more beta reader. The beta can tell you if something should be explained further or if it doesn't fit or other comments that you can then decide whether to make use of them.

The thing I would have liked to see is a little more development of their relationship. The story was building up to this part for so long. I'd have liked to witness them as they entered that new relationship and went from friends to lovers. I know you were concerned, but you did a good job with the love-making scene. I'd have liked to see the changes in them, as you did a great job of showing Duke's change in personality after that Christmas and before they discovered they loved one another. I'd have liked to follow the beginning of the relationship and to see how the relationship helped them grow together and as an individual.

I also would have liked to hear Duke answer the question of when he fell in love with Luke. I really wanted to hear what Duke had to say after they made love. I would have thought Luke would have wanted to hear it too if not then b/c he was tired, then the next day. I think the reader would have wanted to hear him express himself in a way not typical of him. Luke waited so long and fought his feelings so he'd be there for Duke and not lose him, so to have Duke wanting to express himself would have meant something to Luke. It could have been a transition to showing how they were together as a couple. Again, since the story was all about Luke's love for Duke and we hoped for them to come together, I think the relationship should have been described.

These are not meant to be a criticism. It is just what I would have pointed out if I beta read it. Overall, great story! Hope to see you writing again soon.

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Keep writing, and keep the characters real, faithful and likable - there isn't enough of that here. Your style feels comfortable and natural - don't lose that.

Looking forward to seeing what else you have for us.

:-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
5 stars!!!!

This was an absolutely beautiful story. It made me laugh, cry, and everything in between. Please never stop writing :)

erotikpassionserotikpassionsalmost 11 years ago
Perfect!!

you have set your standard now Dear, and its a high one, we expect the same or better which means we are looking forward to more from you...keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Pleasure to read

I was delighted to see that there was another installment! Of course, the problem there was that it was the finale of the series, thus fulfilling one set of desires, and thwarting my hope that the series would go on for another dozen segments.

I look forward to more of your work. It is genuine, funny, and heartfelt; what more could your readers ask for?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Loved this! Loved the pace, the characters and the story. Very well done. I hope we hear more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More, please

Thank you for a truly beautiful love story. You must know by one that you have a great talent. Please tell us more. A beautiful love story.

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyover 10 years ago

Well done - beautiful love story, nicely written. Don't apologise about the sex scenes - they were fine, and a good number of readers on this site read for the romance anyway, not for the sex.

nuckin1futsnixnuckin1futsnixover 10 years ago
fantastic

Fantastic,simplicity works.well done.

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2over 10 years ago
Hallmark - A Potential

WOW. This script might be the beginnings for a Hallmark Hall of Fame broadcast. A fine story staying true to the theme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

After reading all 5 chapters, I guess I'm hooked ! This is the first reading of many, many,I've read and I want to re-read each one on cassette for prosperity! I'll listen again and again to re-live the emotions that I've felt. Keep up the excellent work and please let me know of any forthcoming writtings. Your story has touched me "deeply"!!

ChicosTodosChicosTodosabout 10 years ago

Great work on this story! I really hope you continue writing gay romance.

wingedchaoswingedchaosalmost 10 years ago

Loved the development of characters and the road they travelled to the end! You underestimate your ability. As my grandfather once said (okay maybe more than once!) " You done good, boy!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
lovely and sweet

I enjoyed this, loved the character development and their overall sweetness and simplicity. hope you keep up the writng. well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Yes, it does deserve a second reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
read this again

loved your story and rereading it again the strength of the characters and their feelings came through even more. Well done

shirohshirohabout 9 years ago
thank you for your great work!

I love it, I'm not so much on the sex scenes, I rather prefer the erotic thing (is not the same, you know), and your way of telling this is nice and tender.

greetings from Chile.

kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years ago
Thank you

Great story, it was great how you summed it up. :)

bigkahoonabigkahoonaabout 9 years ago
Loved it

That was an excellent story. Very enjoyable indeed. Thank you.

VonTeslaVonTeslaabout 9 years ago

And then I was a gross, sobbing, squeaky mess. Beautiful story! Absolutely lovely. Can't wait to re-read this whole thing

sopharoonessopharoonesabout 9 years ago
teared up!

indeed, i think thats the first story on this site to tear me up! thankyou, dont even sweat the sex scene, i got turned on but sorta didnt want to it was sooo nice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BEST ROMANTIC

ALWAYS WILL REMEMBER THIS READ.most loving and touching.

too perfect....tooooo perfect.

Belle2327Belle2327over 8 years ago
Only wish it was longer

Very well written I loved every second of it I just wish it was a little longer. Thank you for your beautiful mind

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sweet

I have read this story several times. One of my personal favorites; I think one of the best on this site. Please keep writing. You really are that good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Don't even need sex scenes

Your stories (I've read one other series, the one with the doctor and police officer Adtian & Alex and plan on reading more) are great, your characters have great chemistry, and your sense of humor is so much like mine, I find myself having laughing fits. Yeah the sex scene wasn't the best but honestly I could live without one cause they were so (are) so interesting and enjoyable reads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tender and Loving.

Your stories are wonderful, the sex scenes don't need to be graphic because the passion and tenderness in the characters' interactions fill in any unwritten sensual blanks in the stories.

Keep writing, I love your stories!!!

Ab

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Best one

To me, this was your best story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
greatlove story

really enjoyed this story . jonathan uk

RichBauerRichBaueralmost 6 years ago
great read

I really enjoyed this cant wait for further stories from this author

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Loved it

Seriously a really good story and thank you for sharing it

possession66possession66over 4 years ago
Wow

I started reading this story many times but never finished the first chapter.

It was perfection.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Less Than Perfect?

Your pen-name certainly doesn't describe your story-telling.

Ginger630Ginger630almost 3 years ago

I absolutely adored this story! Friends turned lovers is my favorite.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

This was perfect. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for creating and sharing such a wonderful story.

To my mind it really was perfection. No drama, no cheating, no-one but two guys falling in love.

The construction, dialogue and writing has a simplicity and directness crafted with real talent.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and will read it again and again in the years to come.

Willman33Willman336 months ago

Absolutely wonderful story and wonderful writing. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous