All Comments on 'Nothing to Talk About!'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fine Story

Thank you.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Good read...

...50% of guys would likely have gone this route. I liked how you explored his thought patterns so we could better understand his behavior. Most writers on here don't do that.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

A better ending would have Louisa really being his girlfriend and not his employee. It would be showing his life was better now than before and the whore really would have severe regrets about cheating. Still a good tale, just not great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!

Like all cheaters, she couldn't come clean; she had her children pass on her lie that her husband had seen her the only time she had cheated, when we know it must have been going on ever since she went for the "promotion". He knew it, too, which is what made him determined to move on.

She had incredible gall to cheat, when he had taken such a firm stand on her sister's cheating. I suppose some nut will say that he asked for it, given that he had banned her sister from the house. But infidelity is nothing if not a choice.

I liked his plan for the day he knew she would eventually show up!

Amazing how they can lie, disrespect, and betray you, but expect you to still love them and believe that they still love you. (The worst are StangStar's women; they believe that by sheer force of their "love", they can will their betrayed husbands back to them. They must be the biggest collection of seriously fucked up women in the history of literature!)

One nice thing was the children not pressing him to get back with Mom, even if they believed it was only the one time. Children do get in the way of their parents' marriages, and are often so used to being catered to, that they just can't imagine the perfect bubble of their world imploding through divorce. I like that they treated their father as an adult who knew his own mind. But then, maybe that's the way he raised them and treated them, now that they were adults. You reap what you sow.

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
Reality

While I like BTB stories (come on, they're fun fantasies) this was closer to reality. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Same problem

I understand that some people enjoy these types of stories for emotional reasons. However, for a neutral reader such as myself, this story has the same old plot fault. The husband is a saint and completely innocent. The wife, for no other reason than that she is a slut, is to blame.

Real life? This doesn't make any sense at all. After such a long happy marriage (the plot device to prove how loving and innocent the husband is) I can only conclude that the husband is a compete idiot for not noticing the so-called true character of the wife.

So, as a cathartic experience for those readers who feel themselves hurt and wronged and are still seeking revenge, fine. They don't need a well-rounded character. They only need a scape goat. But for other readers looking for real characters, this story is flat.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Jake, Ythebadger?

Except for that a fairly good tail.

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
Nice Touch

Enjoyed he bit of impromptu theatre there at the end.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good tale

However, the protagonist (him) should of had some justice. The antagonist (her) should of suffered some true pain (as well as her slut sister). A reasonable ending would of been for the partying four to end up with a shared and very aggressive STD.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Really enjoyable story

Well written and well paced. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
simply great

five stars.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 10 years ago

Well done but I did see the ending coming.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Very nice story

But I am left with the desire to know what was really going on with the wife. I expected that she would be with some executive of her company working on her promotion, but he did not seem to recognize either. Was she a complete slut taking it wherever she could or was she a dedicated ladder climber focused on her promotion? Maybe you should Rashomon this story!

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Nice story!

Thanks for sharing a good read.

chiefcj46chiefcj46over 10 years ago
Sister got revenge

So her sister, after you fucked up her life and marriage, got Martha to finally try the spice of cheating. She indured the pain of her getting anally taken by her date just so she could include your wife in the lust and finally get back at you for destroying her marriage. How much contact did Martha have with her sister after you split?

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
I kind of agree with chiefcj46

I think the sister got even, by destroying her sister marriage. Just proves her sister was a dumb ass to.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Fascinating but Occasionally Dissonant Story !

The author was daring in having the plot line hopscotch back and forth through the years in the introduction & early middle of the story. For the most part this tactic was very rewarding as long as the reader paid strict attention. Kudos to likegoodwine for taking chances.

The closing scene hovered between cute and anticlimactic. I suppose it was true to life but there seemed to be a bit of oomph / closure missing. I'm really torn as to rate this at four or five stars.

The best thing to do is to let this quality effort ( no doubt about that ) marinate in my brain for a day and finally rate at that time. The main character was a bit of cold fish / flatliner in some crucial scenes. Overall, however, I applaud the author's story telling technique in the remainder of this story.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Jarring notes and the Law of Threes

I enjoy an occasional BTB story...and I am also a sucker for R as well. It has to flow from the story.

First the petty shit: There were glaring obvious errors in word usages which stood out because except for these speed bumps, most of the writing was first rate. I still make these errors myself and I hate myself for doing so. I even find them in supposedly proof written books. However there were several per page, which just took me out of the story because they seemed so basic

The next jarring note was kicking in the fourth wall. DON'T DO IT! You may think it's clever, and Stangstar is infamous for doing so. It isn't cute when he does it, it isn't cute here. I refer to the ythebadger thing. When I read a story, I like an immersive experience, like floating in a sensory deprivation tank of prose. The reality you give me ebbs and flows and I become the characters. When he was climbing the tree, I was imagining the slippery, grainy feel of snow as you grab a tree limb. I smelled the snow. I felt the cold. This is where you want the audience.

So when you do shit like that, it's like taking someone from a sensory deprivation tank and shining a Maglight with a krypton bulb in his face while blowing a whistle loudly in his ear. It jars and removes me from your story, not once, but every time that stupid nickname or whatever comes up. IMO, this is not where you want your audience because every wink at them makes your story seem a joke. This is fine for comedy, but that wasn't the direction you were going.

The third note is much more an opinion, so please take that into account. The wife has SIX important relationships in her life: husband, kids, parents, SISTER.

This man, in a rather douche bag way, shattered one of her relationships with a trick. You can cut it any way you want to, but he tricked and deceived his wife. Now the black and white crowd will be banging their hands together in approval. I suppose they would also approve if I went up to their SO and said (honestly) that they got on an elevator with an attractive woman in a hotel and didn't come back down for three hours. The fact I left out that she obviously wasn't associated with them and SHE came down fifteen minutes later is a mere detail. In his case, he was actively LYING to his wife.

So frankly, he fucked over his sister AND his wife. That's the funny thing about karma...it doesn't distinguish bad actions. He committed one and the karma bus ran over him re his wife. Now he's alone in Tucson. Yay him!

That fact made me not like him very much. And that's the thing about doing bad shit to other people, even bad ones. You better PRAY they never have a chance to do bad shit back to you...because they will and they'll bring interest! Well...he found that out.

That being said, I enjoyed the story.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 10 years agoAuthor
An element of response

To OneShotOne: Ythebadger won my little contest at the end of my last story so I used his name for one of the character.

I understand the critics about the lack of information on the wife, but it was part of the premises of this story. The jilted husband felt he had nothing to talk about. If he wanted to know why or how many time or with whom, they would have plenty to talk about. I tried in some stories to go from one point of view to the other, but I didn't really like it when the story is written in the first person. I will have a humor story next week then another serious story in late July, early August. That one was written in the third person and as soon as I master that way of writing I will probably be better able to observe both parties as the story evolve.

To Betrayedbylove: Sometime I play with the revenge concept, other times I play with the 'trying to get by and live with it' concept. The most common instance in divorce is (if the wife cheats on the husband) the husband makes violence to the drywall, injures a knuckle, gets fucked by the court and moves on, or the wife (if the husband cheated on his wife) gets replaced by a younger model, receives alimony for her and the kids, and must try to move on always wondering if a man will be interested in a past her due date woman with some kids in tow.

To FD45: I will always make such mistake when I write in English as it is not my mother tongue. It is a very difficult task for an editor to work with me. But I am learning.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

Glad to read a cheating story where the person that was cheated on didn't go super crazy with revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
FD45???

Enjoyed the story. My comment is to FD45. What in hell are you rambling on about? "The 4th wall"???. After you recover from your brain transplant let us know how you are doing.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Only this

Good story 5*****. However I prefer the Second Chance woman stories and I write such stories. I think a good erotic fantasy to change a cheating wife to a better new woman................

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Decent Story

If it was me, I probably would have done the same. No revenge, just adios, have a nice life.

Y comes home unexpected. No one home. Calls wife and is lied to. Husband finds wife through cell phone tracking. Never thought of this. Hhmm. Good idea!! Husband sees wife. Goes home, packs and leaves. (I guess the only revenge would be to get a drunk driver off the road, not bad, after all, she was drunk). Has sympathetic employer, moves to new job and new life. Pretty good tale. Drama free.

I dislike confrontation so this story works for me. Thanks.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 10 years ago
Good read

Good read with decisive action by hubby. Too bsd that the money boys got away clean... No wives of their own to inform? Thats a shame, hate to see asshole guys go free, even in fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I enjoyed the tale of how a mild mannered man takes care of business. It should be noted that contrary to the impression by the wife that it was a one time deal her boss said "No problem Yvan. Just tell Martha that she owes me lunch when she comes back next Monday for covering again for her" AGAIN! so her apology like her love for him was bullshit

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 10 years agoAuthor
The 4th wall

As an author, I acknowledge the truth behind the critic of FD45 about the 4th wall. I could had used Ythebadger's ID in my next story, a comedy, instead of this one. But hey, if I had more than 2-3 hours available for writing every week (none last week) I would probably catch these little mistakes.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Attention for Authors

Ex cuse me Likeagoodwive. Attention for Authors.The SOL (storieonline.net) uses new category "rev" for revenge stories. The edition of the SOL changed the "rev" category in 10 minutes at my stories.

If somebody has not published his/her revenge stories on SOL, I gave a few name list, who publish on SOL and LIT paralel.

StangStar06, JPB, Vulcez, Cpete, SW_MO_Hermit, DG_Hear, Huedogg, DQS, Harddaysknight, Coaster2, thecelt, nakdsub, Longhorn_07, woodmanone, Papatoad, Beermaker, DenhamForrest, Agena, Matt Moreau, itmgr2010, DaYaKen, Winterfrog, etc...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
this is about

the best I've read in a long time about a situation like that. of course I also would have like a bit revenge on her sister and the assholes in the luxury house. But this is the way to treat cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Done!!!

I think that it was a beautiful thing that he realized..."Fuck It!" He needed to move on, he needed to make decisions that were in HIS best interest, and he needed to put himself as far away from ANY potential problem that would have brought on jail time. Sometimes the best thing a man has going for him is that he has NO criminal record. Why bring about expense, shame, and complication to exact revenge, when it was Martha's fault, and HER indiscretion to pay for? I guess his actions kept her in limbo for about 3 years, but I wonder, (and sorry if I missed it) how long was the affair going on before he found out about it? I mean, she CLAIMED that it was only that one time when she talked with the kids, but with Nadia's involvement, I"M SURE (as well as hubby was sure) that this wasn't the first and only time. She thought she could get away with it, and never once thought about consequences. This is a good story, and we must assume that she learned something after the final confrontation with hubby, as she immediately signed the divorce papers after. but I would have preferred the author to provide SOME sort of insight into her perspective. Good dialogue in the final confrontation would have done it without having to change narrators mid-story. If he had asked the correct questions, we ALL could have had a better quality closure experience. Smugly, you just HAD to write in that may be he MIGHT have considered reconciliation, if the conditions were just so........but, it was obviously better for him not to question his stubborn resolve, and keep the wall erected between them forever. IDK, but that doesn't seem like the best kind of closure to me. She MIGHT have been able to change, but he never gave her the chance. For me, "once a cheater, always a cheater" is STILL dependent on what type of cheater you are talking about. Calling it on a "case by case basis", was he 100% SURE that the mother of his children couldn't return to the woman he KNEW he married 20 years before? Well, unfortunately in this story at least, we didn't get to know her well enough to decide for ourselves. Still, a grand effort, and my best read of today's posts. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
needs wife version

I dont know. I feel like the wifes point of view was missing. I mean she was alredy aware of what the consecuencies were if she were caught cheating. So what was her motive???? I kinda hope you do post HER version so that the story would be whole. Well

thats my view

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Mutuality

@ Anon The reconcilation should be some foundation. The most important is below 18 years children interest, seriouse illness, to be too old, or mutuality. What does it mean mutuality. If the husband had been a secret misstress or prostitute usage 10 years ago, he could have told himself I had not double standard...............and the reconcilation may be any chance.

Sometime the reason of the wife cheating reconcilation is the husband has not double standard.

Here the husband is not too old, not serious ill, the children are above 18 years and

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Horrible...

you started the story by letting us know that the husband is immature, mean, stupid, selfish, and egotistical... then we're supposed to be shocked when his wife cheats on him? and then we're supposed to understand that he walks away from a 25 year marriage without a single conversation. Garbage. You made an attempt to write a story where the husband was the good guy and the wife the horrible person and you MISSED 100%.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting...

Some of these Anons...Its' her fault...its' his fault...he should do this or that...huh???

'Pure and Simple'...They both always agreed that infidelity was not ever going to be a part of their lives, cheating was wrong and immediate cause for going separate ways.

Okay, he calls her office late at night and a colleague answers the phone and one of the things he mentioned was that she was going to owe him big time for his covering for her - didn't you get the inference that this wasn't the first time.

Now, the kids don't know where she is and when he reaches her cell she lies, of course - she would have to.

Next, she is sitting in a chair, naked with her robe open, a guy walks up and without hesitation she kisses his dick, licks the head and then puts his whole thing in and begins to give him a blow job...First Time???

With tears and hurt he falls from the tree, damn near breaks some bones, sits in his car and loses it! Is he a weakling - NO...he is devastated, 25 years of love and bliss and she is callously cheating on him.

He undoubtedly wanted to die, he couldn't take the pain, the hurt but suicide would hurt his children and now...he needed to live for their sake. The call to her that he was almost home, the call to the police, good quick thinking, he knew they would never be together again and he knew that if he faced her he would fall apart so - everything he did, I give him cudo's.

Something a lot of Anons don't seem to know or understand...when you really love someone like he did her, you never stop and the betrayal is a killer, the pain never leaves, the what ifs and would haves last a lifetime and you can never cohabitate with this person again because every time you touch her, in any way - you'll see her threw that window and wonder how many others. Every time she goes out you'll wonder so - you need to get far away! Coward - NO, necessary if you are going to heal at all.

Good fantasy story, very realistic and sad - Thanks!

BTW, I still carry the hurt from my own many, many years ago but, I'm able to have a normal relationship now...Thanks again!!!

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
To Anonymous

From Wiki

Speaking directly to or otherwise acknowledging the audience through the camera in a film or television program, or through this imaginary wall in a play, is referred to as "breaking the fourth wall" and is considered a technique of metafiction, as it penetrates the boundaries normally set up by works of fiction.[1][4]

It is the same as Benny Hill winking at the audience in the middle of a joke. It brings one out of the experience. I knew what it was though not what it was called up until last year.

Likegoodwine, if English is NOT your mother tongue, kudos to you. It makes this work much more impressive.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 10 years ago
It seems as either one of them really won.

The author left me with a feeling that this wasn't the first time she had cheated on him, with his comment on how well she sucked her lovers cock, and also by her workmate that had said she owed him for covering for her.

I thought the storyline was very well thought out, and it is a nicely presented post both in writing and editing.

Thanks for the read.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Good story and bonus points for hubby telling the kids the truth about why the family was broken up.

CybawulfCybawulfover 10 years ago
Now for Marthas story

To see what kind of excuse she can conjure out her cock infested whore mouth, good story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
A good story 5*

It shows very well the shock that infidelity can cause.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
@FD45

Well reasoned and laid out critique, though I have to disagree about the rail-roading the sister/wife relationship. Under VERY slightly different circumstances I could see your points being the case (bad karma, etc), but as written, it more highlighted the duplicitous nature of his wife. Certainly wasn't a scenario that one could ever point at and say "Do bad shit, bad shit happens to you".

Cheating is cheating. Either you're ok with that from both parties or your not from both parties (Bro-in-law vs sister). The family aspect just comes into play when deciding how far you want to disapprove of someone's actions (IE blow-up marriage or cut-out of life).

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Very good, but a few misses

I agree about the fourth wall HERE. It did not flow with the story. A year or so ago, a story was written, tongue firmly in cheek, involving many of the 'named' frequent commenters of LW. No fourth wall problem there, that WAS the theme.

Reality was probably well served with NO effort being spent by Hubby to find out the details behind the betrayal...no name for the guys, no explanation for Sweetie's behavior, or her linkage with her sister. None was needed, none was provided...it happened...BOOM! But I missed being told about it...FUCK reality...Sweetie's actions seem so far out of what character we know or are told by Hubby about her. At least give me a little bit of explanation. I will even take 'it was Sis's revenge for being outed', although it seems unrealistic!

I generally feel that leaving a perfectly good job (and which you enjoy) needs an extraordinary rationale. Getting rid of a woman who has broken your heart is (IMHO) NOT sufficient! If she feels uncomfortable after all the dirty laundry has been aired, then SHE can haul ass outa town! 4.5*

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Good Tale

It should but doesn't amaze me the difference in comments between men and women. The anonymous commenter who hated this story and was reviled by the protagonist was a typical entitrled spoiled woman. On the other side, the BTB commenters who hate any hint of reconciliation are neandrethal men who walk through life denying their own feelings. As another said, if english isn't your first language, you are especially talented.

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
Well written

I agree with those who think it is missing the why..and I think hubby would want to know,in real life the first question the hurt party is ask why...in part because the natural reaction is to assume it is about you. It is obviously doubtful that this was the first time,so why? It is likely that Nadia was the driving force,probably because of revenge, but still why?It might not matter yet Martha was so strongly anti cheating,yet she does it,so badly?For the reader it matters,it leaves a hole why she abandons him....if she is fucking someone else and neglecting him,there had to be a reason...the one issue I have with.stories like this is the idea women cheat because they ate sluts....she obviously still loved him ,so it wasn't she hated him..I could hazard it was Nadia had some hold on her all along..Martha was against cheating,yrt when Nadia tells her about the guy from the store,she doesn't scold her,she giggles...so why?

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Lack of conversation and probable confrontation really hurt both of them. Probably all four of them. The fact that he assumed she would understand his feelings is definitely a possibility but a flawed point of view. Some closure to the reader would have helped the ending of this story.

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Enjoyed

I enjoyed this story even though I do not consider running from a problem to be any sort of solution.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 10 years ago

There was nothing to talk about. Your naked wife having an employee cover for her "again" getting caught with a cock in her mouth said everything he needed to hear and see.

Only a woman would want that talk bullshit.

His problem was not letting the count kill herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
men and women

and different comments isn't a big deal, most of the comments in LW are made by insecure cuckolds or eunuchs wanting to be cuckolded. the big difference is these insecure eunuchs must place themselves in the story and always identify with the cuckold while secure males with working genitalia give it a quick read (to see if there are hot sex descriptions) and then move on.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@ NJLAUREN

Martha didn't come across as anti cheating in general, more about the idea of her brother in law cheating on her sister, hence how much she wanted to stick to him when she thought hubby was talking to him on the phone.

Even her concern when chatting to her sister seemed more about her sister getting caught and the resulting fallout, and not about the act it self.

SalamisSalamisover 10 years ago
Sister inspired betrayal

This was a fine story with a very sad tone. Given the length and happiness of the marriage it struck me as particular sad that the husband could not confront his wife. His cowardice was the perfect context for his being single at the end. Contrary to his statements I did not feel hopeful for his future.

Since this story came so close to the publication of “Case Dismissed” by murphy621 I was wondering if having an errant sister in the tale added to the pathos and eliminated any possibility of forgiveness, let alone reconciliation.

It seems that adding a complicit sister normally foretells a tragic outcome. In scorpio44’s outstanding stories of “Vanilla” and more so “Retribution”, the husband seems fully justified in taking revenge on both siblings, with violent results. In “My Wife’s Sister” by curious2c the husband forgives but tragedy strikes anyway in the form of the wife’s terminal illness.

There may be a formula here, if so, it has provided the basis for some very entertaining stories.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 10 years ago

he was not a coward, he was done. why give the cheating whore the opportunity for HER to have closure? she got what the law said she could have 1/2 of everything he spent 24 years busting his ass for her to have and now she can be an old lonly cunt drinking too much in some bar looking for any cock to make her feel alive.

yes, he might hurt but at least he left with his dignity. he came, he saw, he dumped the fucking slut.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Fd45 got it right

He was a rigid robot. Her adultery was varsity stuff and apparently came out of nowhere. Her sister's mistreatment and pain suggests she was desperit and doing it for money, that she didn't enjoy it, so why would the wife jump into the deep end of the pool?

Like fd45, for all its faults, a good story

Chilley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I wonder!

Wife cheated because the writer wanted her to.

I really wonder how these writers, this and radk and others, will deal with a cheating husband.

Neatly written, irritating story.

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
Enjoyed the story.... but

Likegoodwine,

I liked the story with its engaging tone. I don't like hate or BTB stories, and like well- justified reconciliation stories.

But, I liked the ending till you left the husband sad and alone even after 3 years. I like Stangstar's stories a lot for various reasons but the important one being the happy endings. It will be great to see a sequel from the wife's view-point and an ending where they carry on with their lives, either together or separately.

FD - I've enjoyed your stories and equally your critiques too. But, couldn't understand your "husband begetting bad karma" comment. Did you feel the husband's life going to shit was justified because he outed sis-in-law's cheating, or his subterfuge in using his wife's outrage ? Either way, neither did he ask his sis-in-law to cheat, nor can he control how sis-in-law's husband will behave.

Husband did forbid an open relationship with the sis-in-law, but he did know and kind of condoned his wife keeping in touch with her sister in private... So, I see the bad karma more as the sister-in-law's revenge against his happy family, by influencing his wife towards her life-style.

Salamis - I'm a bit surprised by your comment too. The husband actually saw his wife casually giving a blow-job, and had enough circumstantial information to believe this was not the first time (from his chat with her co-worker), and she was ready for full blown sex. Why should "reasonable behavior" be expected from a wronged party ? He sees his marriage dying in the worst circumstance possible and with humans encoded to flee when a fight is not worth it, he chooses to flee and get a clean break with divorce. What explanation can a wife of 24 years give for cheating and covering up on the sly that won't bring his pain back again?

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Hello LGW

Nice to see another offering from this author. Nice tone and competently written. The busting of the sister via phone with wife's unwitting participation was clever and really well done. My criticisms, intended to be constructive (I scored it well), are as follows. First, it lacked focus. The ending typified this; the protag admits that maybe he should have talked to the wife, but then states that he is sure he shouldnt have. Which is it? I can accept a character's journey, but the reader needs clarity. Similarly, what's this stuff about the kids having to choose sides? It's mentioned, but not developed at all. This is the kind of story where everything more or less goes Hubby's way easily, but is contrasted with him still trying to put his life back together at the end. I liked that dichotomy. But, the delivery was a little bloodless, considering a 24 year marriage. LGW specializes in short, snappy pieces; maybe a more angst-driven story is outside his strike zone? Not everyone can be Ohio and DQS1. Thanks for the offering.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Always a treat

to see a story from LGW. A fine tale , well done and good read. Thanks for posting

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 10 years ago
Great story

and he did get revenge. He has gotten to the point of moving on with his life. Yes he may still get sad about events when he thinks of them, but that is getting less often. The wife on the other hand has just come to realize that she lost out big time and is now an ex wife. She still has her time of regret to go through. By the time she gets over it and starts to move on, there won't be much of a chance of her finding someone to live happily ever after with. Good men, like her ex are hard to come by after the age of fifty. Most women realize when they have a good one and don't do stupid things and lose them.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@BTTap

I think its rather insulting comparing LGW who who claim writes good short and snappy stories with WACC authors like Ohio and DQS1 whose stories are nothing more than wife shits on husband and he wimps out and takes the slut back in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

But I thought he was still in love with his wife if he had to go to all the trouble of having another man's wife and child act as an alibi so he didn't have to sit down with his wife and actually talk to her. Sometimes running and hiding isn't the best answer for your problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Grammar

Lied down.Lied is to have told an untruth.

Good grammar can make a poor story good.

Poor grammar can make a good story poor.

Very few who write on here have any knowlege of the verbs 1 to lie 2 to lie 3 to lay.

1 to lie--lie-- lied --lied --lying. To tell an untruth.

2 to lie--lie--lay-- lain-- lying. As in lie down.

3 to lay--lay --laid--laid-- laying. Must be followed by a noun.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Sad Tale

Martha had strong moral values about cheating when it came to her sisters husband.

Strange that she did not believe the same morales applied to her.

In her confession she mentioned it was a one time situation which the writer rightly portrays that it certainly had been a regular occurrence.

I wonder if she did it out of some kind of guilt for her sister !

Then I would have suspected her sister would have either told Martha's husband about her liaison, or left clues for him to find out about his wife !

The only thing missing from this story was the real true reason Martha cheated on her husband of 24 years.

As she was at an expensive mansion perhaps her and her sister had whored them self's out. As she had a loving husband and if sex was not good enough or needed spicing up I am sure she would have been confident enough to chat this through with her husband !

Lets have a chapter 2 were Martha tries to get him back and offers her sister for her ex to enjoy for 6 months. Plus Martha could always be a loyal sex slave to him !

Just a thought !

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Well, Tornado

I am in principle against murder...HOWEVER, I am much more incensed about the principle when someone it trying to murder MY SISTER!

So the dichotomy between her reaction to her sister's reality ("you need to stop cheating") vs. what she expressed re her Brother in Law is perfectly natural from a human perspective. She loves her sister more and wishes she'd stop...but isn't willing (yet) to ruin her life over Sis' stupid choices. Hubby made that decision for her...without consultation.

And of course, I have a much more different attitude if it's ME doing the murdering. See...I have reasons...

So do cheaters. Not good ones, but reasons.

martshubby12martshubby12over 10 years ago
Great story

Great story but just a story. In life anything can happen. In my 60 plus years I have seen it all I think. I don't think anything would surprise me anymore. Keep writing.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Good story nicely written.

I enjoy BTB but this was a change but very well done.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
hahahahaha god that was funny

what a joke, knock knock..who's there...cant..cant who..cant believe he is thinking of going back to her. Pity she was just a common whore... but into days world they are a penny a dozen..white women are being breed dumber and dumber believing their shit dont stink or drinking there own cool aid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well written story but

He took the coward's way out. He ran away and never bothered to talk to his wife. Regardless of what she did, all those years and 2 kids earned her the right to a face-to-face conversation.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Well done!

Enjoyed reading this one. Thank you. Keep at it please. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
No Way.

To respond to a previous comment: He didn't owe her shit! The second she dropped her clothes for another man anything he may have "owed" her for children and length of marriage became null and void, and she was the one who voided it. Fuck her and her slut-assed sister. She needs to live a long, lonely, companion-free life to get even close to his misery in discovering her infidelity.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Okay

He caught his wife cheating and did what he had to do. Fuck her. You cheat, you lose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yep, he didn't owe her crap...

Would of been neat if he could of sued her lover, got a nice settlement, and ruined her lover's life. Turn around is fair play.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
@anon

Well written story but

He took the coward's way out. He ran away and never bothered to talk to his wife. Regardless of what she did, all those years and 2 kids earned her the right to a face-to-face conversation."

No, she forfeited her all her marital rights when she committed adultery. That is it, the end. That is why adultery is still punished by death in many places in the world. It is one of the worst things you can do to another person! That you do not understand this is pathetic!

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Who

is the faggot that said he owed her after 24 years together? How about what she owed him? She owed it to him to NOT FUCKING CHEAT ON HER HUSBAND! A husband that was FAITHFUL for 24 years. A husband that supported his family for 24 years. Why would he owe her anything when she didn`t live up to the same ideals? That`s like saying the world owes Hitler because he didn`t murder 25million people BEFORE 1939. That is THE most retarded comment on the site.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
By the way

It seems that Martha was cheating for far longer than the audience suspects. Think about the clues. Nadia and Martha COMFORTABLY discussing Nadia`s fling with the store guy. If Nadia was the only cheater, then she would keep it to herself, but she was bragging, as if it was a contest between sisters. Martha NEVER told her sister that she shouldn`t cheat, but only told her that she could get caught by being careless. At no point did Martha tell her that she disagreed with cheating. It was more of a warning, `Oh no Nadia not again,if you keep this up you will lose your husband`, As if to say Not in a public parking lot and not in your own van, you might get caught.

This was an open. comfortable and easy going conversation between sisters, as if they had been discussing such a thing for a long time. Later, Martha wasn`t anti cheating, she was angry that Mike might be cheating on Nadia, and became angry with her husband when he ratted out her sister.

Consider the phone call to the boss where he said that she owed him for covering for her AGAIN.

Consider the ease with which she gave the so called stranger a blowjob.

NOBODY is that comfortable their first time with a stranger, unless they are a prostitute or a pornstar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wouldn't it be nice if Krosick stopped trolling?

Nothing better to do in Ma's basement, then?

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Wimpy story. He should've called and told her point blank.

There was plenty to talk about, but it didn't happen. Martha and her sister were both skanks/sluts and they both deserved some serious retribution. I didn't like this story due to the characters.

blkhrtblkhrtabout 10 years ago
@phil2213

U r a dumbo. Had he used mucho thingy, he would probably be disappeared forever. Especially when rich guys involved. He did right thing as best as he could do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The BTB crowd will hate me but...

This guy was a bit a chicken shit coward. Running away from a 24 year marriage with even a conversation.

Portrayed as being the first time ever but no chance to develop that theme as not prepared to talk. Ends up sitting in a lonely flat, wife shows sincere remorse over extended period and hubby sitting second guessing himself three years later.

So to sum up chicken shit coward.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
not owed

He did not owe her a confrontation, he saw enough to know that it was not her first time cheating.

She knew how he felt about cheating, and had to his face agreed with him.

Why do you owe a liar a conversation ?

What would be the point ?

searching0240searching0240almost 10 years ago
I Agree With The Title

People say he ran away from a 24 year marriage, as though length doesn't cut both ways.

The wife threw away a 24 year marriage! If the 24 years of marriage didn't cause Martha to re-think her extramarital sex, why should the 24 years make Y re-think his exit? The 24 years obviously did not mean that much to Martha. And the 24 years would have certainly made the betrayal more painful to Y. A conversation at that point was completely un-necessary.

And the earlier incident with the sister should have been a double eye-opener for the husband. The first shocker was the "playful" conversation that he overheard between the sisters. The wife's attitude after her sister's confession/bragging, made it clear that she didn't share Y's opinion about "cheating". The second shocker was her double standard regarding Mike's possible adultery, and Nadia's definite adultery.

Robert

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
GUILT BY ASSOCIATION

leads to an abyss of emotional rescues, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmmm

But the kids visit, and would surely refute her claims he had a new child and woman.

So that was not a valid device.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
personal feelings

Good story.... but what bothers me about some of these stories is that , in their minds, they just can't move on and find happiness. Sure, he got her arrested and moved to Tucson......but his mind was still with her. For me, six months or less and it's time to smile and enjoy life. I don't need a cheating slut by my side to be happy. Later

hoosier76hoosier76almost 10 years ago
Great story

I thought this was a well thought out and written story. I believe he made the right decision. As for his supposed young child, it was a way to not only make her feel even worse but to also make sure that she understood that she had no chance for reconciliation.

bobby9909bobby9909almost 10 years ago
Maybe a sequel?

Anyone interested in finding out what SHE was thinking and doing? How and when she got started? How long it went on? What she did after he left? What she did after she signed the divorce papers?

Enquiring minds want to know!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Read it again. The cheating cunt acted like her sister and suffered the same fate. Yeah the husband ran but in his defense he was done with her and didn't need to deal with her. Worthless cunt.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Choosing Sides?

Their mother choose for them when she cheated on them and betrayed the family. As the offspring of the marriage the children wouldn't exist without the marriage. That means when the wife destroyed the marriage she destroyed the union that created the children and indeed tossed the children aside. So, she choose to leave the family. What was left was only the ghost of the mother she should have been. She destroyed the trust and credibility of her role as mother. The kids didn't have to choose, she chose for them. The only thing the kids have to do is to recognize this and move on. The thing that is sitting around their former home is not their mother. (Same would go for their father if he had cheated. Pure selfishness is purely evil)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Here is what should happen

It is the sister that won, she fucked up his life. She is the one who needs to be hunted down and made to spend her life in a Nigerian whorehouse.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN SHOULD THERE HAVE BEEN

something/anything to talk about. TK U MLJ LV NV

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
I don't understand....

There are lots of stories like this on Literotica, where the husband just walks away after years or decades of marriage. Personally, I find them impossible to believe. After 20+ years, there is nothing to say? Fine...then try SCREAMING!

Yeah! Tell her what you think of her...tell her you saw everything she did! Tell her she didn't then and doesn't now get to "get away" with it! Ask her if she plans to take it up the ass like her slutty sister. Then tell her the call to 911 was from you, because, unlike her trying to avoid getting caught by nearly having a traffic accident, you at least still cared enough to not want to have to come identify her body in the morgue. Then (in the spirit of a good 'family' chat) ask what her convinced her to cheat...the big mansion, the young hard cock, her slutty divorced whore sister or did she just think she was entitled to some fun while he was in Minneapolis working his ass off during a blizzard?

Describe, over the next few days and weeks, in front of the kids if you like, in exquisite detail what she is losing...the respect of her kids, her home and financial security for the rest of her life, what's left of her reputation with family and friends. Show her the check he got from the bank when he closed the accounts. Have her be shocked because she had no idea he had saved that much money for what was supposed to be their future together. THEN sell the four-door sedans (including hers, since she will have a suspended license for the next year with her new DWI conviction), buy a sports car (red, at least 300+ horsepower) some new warm weather clothes, and move to Tucson! But she needs to know what that strange cock cost her...in memories she can relive all the way to her final days alone in a nursing home!

And, if you want some additional 'closure' then have her get tossed out by her new lover after he is embarrassed, or make him into a bigger cheater than she is by trading her in for a newer model! (A woman nearly 50 didn't REALLY think she was going to keep some 20-something rich boy toy's interest for very long, did she?)

So, to likegoodwine, you wrote a well-written and well thought out story. I voted a "4" because it is obvious you thought out where you wanted the story to go, and how you wanted to resolve your characters. But, I think for HIS closure, there needs to be some confrontation to let her know how much her "one night" cost her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hmmm

after a marriage that long, this sort of betrayal is far far worse.

she threw him away. If not caught she would have continued to cheat, you could tell.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 9 years ago
No Remorse

As noted, she was VERY familiar with her lover -and- she had taken a week off for the group tryst. Nothing first time about it, nor was she at all hesitating to participate.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
I agree with the comment

about how the sister got even with him for telling her husband. And she got even with her stupid bitch sister for not actively taking her part. She seduced the wife into cheating but it didn't look like she had to use much effort. I also agree that since she took a week off from work that this was no blind date but a well practiced affair that had been going on for a while. Maybe even as long as since the sister lost her marriage. Maybe they were both slutting around even then.

He's better off without her and really, you can't fight for something like a spouse in a long term marriage when the main opponent is said spouse. Makes the odds too long. Cassius Clay couldn't even win that fight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It was ok

He made it clear what he thinks of betrayal.

She had to know the consequences.

Cassuis Clay= Mohamed Ali the famous boxer from decades ago

crock45crock45almost 9 years ago
I AGREE WITH ANONYMOUS

that just because YOU would "fight" to keep your cheating, it doesn't mean that hubby should. As I always say,you can choose to stay and continue the relationship along with all the agonizing, suspicion, anger, resentment, hostility and confusion or make a clean break so that BOTH parties can get on with their lives. I am SO sorry for the RAAC's who just can't see that reconciliation is not always possible OR expedient.... sad but true. It's as if all you RAAC's are unable to let go or are afraid to be left alone so you so-called "forgive" the cheater and make yourself feel superior to those who opt for a mew life. I FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
the problem was foreshadowed at the beginning

when it was ok for the sister to cheat but not the brother in law.

It just took a while for Y to find out what she had probably been doing for a long time.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
HOW MUCH AND WHAT DOES ONE OWE TO A CHEATER

and the sister got her payback vicariously. TK U MLJ LV NV

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundalmost 9 years ago
Very single minded

The tracking software would have taken him to the vicinity of his wife; he was lucky to get the chance to actually see her in action.

His ability to cut loose without going back for even the confrontation was very single minded. I'm sure I wouldn't have been strong enough for that. However, was he running two households on a reduced income? Was he able to cut all the costs of upkeeping the household he had abandoned before the divorce came through?

He lost me at the last scene where he pretends someone else's daughter is his. Did he have to hide behind someone else's child when speaking to his wife?

I like the thought of having an employer who enables a rapid transfer across the country to get away from the cheating wife. Perhaps all employers should provide that as a perk. That would keep her/them on their toes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I chose to run away....

..but I did it all while staying at home.

A power outage caused me to go home early one afternoon and I found my wife in bed with her old boyfriend from about 5 years before, we had been married 3 years. I sat on the couch and tried to figure out what I was going to do. I never did like Tom, her lover, even when we were all in school together. Then it came to me what to do. I got up and headed into the bedroom, just as I heard him groan, emptying his nuts into my former wife. I just walked in and acted as if nothing was wrong. My wife saw me and screamed, Tom shouted and rolled off of her and jumped off the other side of the bed.

I started gathering up my clothes and began carrying them to the spare bedroom. On my second trip I met Tom coming out and as I passed him, gave him all 240lbs of powerlifter fist in the stomach. He went down and was still groaning when I passed him on my next trip, giving him a kick to the balls as he still lay in a fetal position. My wife was on her knees, trying to help him and I gave her a kick of her own, only verbally.

"You have cum running out of your cunt." That's all I said but it was true, her naked cunt was bubbing out frothy cum as she knelt on her knees. She shrieked and ran to the bedroom.

Over the next hour or so, I moved everything I owned into the spare bedroom. No way was I going to sleep in that bed again. Jodie had helped Tom to his 1966 Camaro and he successfully pulled out of our driveway, then she came back in the house. While I went about fixing an early dinner, for one, she hovered around, apologizing and telling me it would never happen again, how much she loved me and wanted us to work through it, etc.

What did I do? I ignored her. That was her penalty. Tom got his own, now it was time to give her hers. That first evening, I didn't respond, I ate my dinner then retired to my new bedroom, taking the television with me. I closed and locked it behind me. And that was our life. The next morning she had breakfast waiting on me but I told her no thanks and avoided her attempted hug as I went out the door. I heard her sob as it closed. After work, I went to the bank, opened a new account and took my name off our joint account. Also, I have my paycheck direct deposit moved to my new one.

At home, I didn't avoid her any longer. I ate with her, talked to her about anything except us. Small talk was fine but when she attempted to bring up what happened, I got up and went to my room, outside or just went for a drive. I refused to talk to her about it. I also didn't socialize with her either. I didn't sit in the living room and watch television and when she asked, I told her no, I wasn't going to buy another one. She began spending her time on the computer.

Then one evening she mentioned an annual party we went to was coming up that weekend and they needed an RSVP. I told her no, I wasn't going with her. That upset her and that night, she tried for the first time to come into my bedroom. I was actually jacking off when I heard the knob rattle and smiled to myself as I shot my nuts off. I could hear her crying as she walked away. The next morning she asked if I was sure I wasn't going to go and I said no, we weren't going.

I went to the party alone. Everyone was surprised to see me and especially alone. Then, they were shocked when I told them we weren't together anymore, I'd caught her cheating! I spent all afternoon and evening there, drinking and having a good time but eventually had to go home. The instant I walked in the door, she attacked me, already in tears. It seemed one of her friends called her from the party and asked her if it was true, I'd caught her cheating and we were splitting up. I didn't deny anything and went to bed.

The next morning she was a little more contrite. Knowing I would probably walk off, she asked what she could do to put us back together, if there was any way possible, rather than divorce. My answer was simple.

"We'll be back together the instant you are unfucked."

That set her off in tears enough that I got up and left the house. When I got home she was bending over backward to be sexy, wearing hardly anything. But when she tried to rub up against me, I recoiled in revulsion and she saw it for what it was. She ran off in tears. That evening when I went to bed, I found her naked in my bed. She was under the covers and I could see her hand moving, masturbating. Then she threw the covers off and I could see how went and aroused she was. But instead of finding it sexy, my lip curled up. Taking her by her wrist, I sat her up and pulled her to her feet and then marched her out the door, in tears, howling in fact. I locked it behind her and I could hear her standing and crying. She was still there when I marched out with the sheets in my hand, I didn't want to sleep in her diseased slime. That may have hurt her psyche more than anything else. She stood with her head down and slumped over when she saw what I was doing.

Over the next few months, Jodi tried to bridge the gap between us although I did everything I could to show her it wasn't going to happen. She walked around dressed skimpily or even nude, flattered me and did everything but rape me. Of course, I didn't allow her to touch me either. It was driving her crazy. Finally, she enlisted the help of her friends. They would waylay me and try to talk 'sense' to me but I asked if I could fuck them instead, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to their husband/boyfriend. That always got them. It wasn't until her folks stopped by that it got ugly.

Her dad began to accuse me of cheating. Why else would I be married to a beautiful young girl and not take advantage of it? I finally had to tell them that it was their daughter that was the cheater and I wanted nothing to do with her diseased cunt. Her dad and I were almost in a fistfight by that time and with Jodi and her mom in tears, they left. A few hours later, Jodi packed her bags and walked out.

Over the next few months I didn't hear from her. Then one day I found out why, Jodi and Tom drive past me, they were back together. She saw me and gave me a nasty smile and I mimicked puking. A few days later I was served and with nothing to divvy up, I signed the papers and we were divorced.

Jodi married Tom as soon as our divorce was final. It wasn't paradise, she remember only too late why she split with him the first time, he enjoyed being a bit physical with her. After he finally beat her pretty good, she ran home to her mom and dad and he went to jail. She was pregnant and went on to deliver a girl. I was surprised when she knocked on my door one day and asked to come in. I let her in and we had a good conversation. But then she asked if there would ever be a chance between us. I told her the same thing before she ran off crying.

"Only if you get unfucked."

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Either we have the worst luck with Anons on th site

Or one of the Anon's has a talent for writing, but insists on only doing it in the comment section.

Let me say again: while simple tales, I do enjoy your work.

You should work up the courage to actually make an account, flesh them out a bit and try submissions. Or not. I'll take what you have to offer any way you want to go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To Anon

Are you. "Can'tbuymy"?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous