All Comments on 'Now We Are No Longer Strangers'

by Sir Galahad

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
gemman1gemman1over 10 years ago
Good Story Squid

Excellent story!! Just enough of everything to make it worth reading. Authentic enough Navy to make be believe you were in the Navy. Not all the lingo is known to the rest of the "world". Just one point.. Patch could have been made an LDO... From one old Ph.. good story squid.

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable

Nicely done!

Wouldmhave lved a bit more on he build and test etc .... phase but all in a great tale.

Thx!

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
OK

Good story......Love the service stories.......well written and a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lovely tale

Thanks for this well crafted tale. Way to go. 5 star vote

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

Didn't even have to think about whether this was a 5. It definitely is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Best story that I've read on this site.

I wish there were more than five stars to give! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Magnificent - as always

Having discovered Sir Galahad's work just a few days ago, I'm working my way through the entire collection here. I only hope he is earning an income in the mainstream exercising his craft under another name. The 4 stories/novellas I have read so far are of the very highest quality and fully justify the lit component of the site's title. I might wish that more flowed from his pen but maintaining the quality and doing the obviously meticulous research which lies behind each story is obviously not something which allows for rapid scribbling.

Sir Galahad, I salute you from the other side of the Atlantic!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
10 Years of Exceptional Quality

Another exceptional piece of work. Not a tremendous amount of writing overall but all at a very high quality. 5* piece and a 5* writer

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Anchors Away

A great story for Navy aficionados. Maybe a little long for the rest of us.

Azrael556Azrael556about 10 years ago
Should have been a novel

Seriously, bang this thing out to about 300 pages and get it published for the Kindle. I'd buy it.

"Jack the Tin Can Killer", the old Moose...lots of old historical references for a kid who grew up on Tom Clancy and still ended up in the infantry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wrong catagory?

No real age difference. How about Gay Male?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Should be Erotic Coupling or BDSM.

Boyd

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Too short!!!

Very few things wrong with this. First it should be a full length novel. Second, it should be available for everyone to buy. Have you considered self publishing on Amazon? If not you should. With a delightful mix of action and romance, plus built in sequel opportunities, you have a real money maker here if you only take advantage of it, and your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excellent work gre a t potential

Enjoyed the character development and the technical descriptions....you should expand this story to a novel...loved the sex scenes...keep up the get a t work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story line and character development. I second the thoughts on expanding this into a novel.

You have the makings of another Cussler or Clancy. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
holy shit!

I was blown away when I started reading this and got hooked in the first paragraph. I would easily buy the novel and I don't say that lightly. Please continue or publish on a large scale! Well done!

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 9 years ago
Simple Arithmatic

Great story,Navy lore,ships names,and classes correct,but a circumference of 6" while it sounds large works out to just under 2" diameter or about the high side of average.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

Good show mate! Enjoyed the story. Good writing as well as reading. Since I was an enlistee in '47 and have CPO Grandson, it went over well. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One problem

As retired military I loved the story but how the hell does this fall into the MATURE category.

WordcraftWordcraftalmost 9 years ago
A Great Read

Bravo!! Five stars for a well written and AUTHENTIC story. As a USGC PO1 Engineman I appreciated the scrounging that happens in real life to keep a vessel at sea. My older brother served on a PBR on the Perfume river out of Hue in 1969 and your war stories would match his. WELL DONE!

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
Really...really...REALLY good yarn!

Top notch entertainment! I will have to start reading more of your stories. Thanks for this one!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I loved the story

but as someone who has fished on a Captains Gig, followed the birds circling the feeding frenzy going on below the surface, dined on fresh tuna grilled to perfection, or devoured as sushi as soon as the knives can finish fileting, is familiar with the jargon, lingo, phraseology, has experienced the prejudice of the privilege of rank, and could decipher the text (and sub text) there were still times it was difficult to keep up with the unending flow of acronyms and colloquialisms.

I have to wonder how many people got lost in the unique terminology and just gave up after a while.

I will admit the repartee in french between,

"mari de ma cher fille", the husband of her dear girl/daughter,

when his new mother in law asked him to call her "mom",

forced me to visit google translate.

merci

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
excellent detail

Great story. The background detail work is exceptional and it shows. Slipping in words like aierdale indicate a military background or someone willing to get it right. Ditto the scene of him walking into the pawn shop for the ring and examining the rifle. Knowing that matching serial numbers is paramount in the value of old military rifles is lost on non gun guys but is an impressive detail.

Great stuff.

samaramatissesamaramatisseover 8 years ago
Sublime slips to ridiculous

This was fantastic, up to the point where your couple begins to copulate. All the elegant language and reality you'd spent so much time building completely went out the window.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Bravo Zulu

This requires a equal.... And what a lucky bastard Wally is - total envy.

Frucked CPO, Nam PBR Vet KRD

SamuraiMerchantSamuraiMerchantover 7 years ago
EXCELLENT!

As someone who commanded a torpedo retriever, it is refreshing to find a story about the U.S.Navy, and small craft in particular. Well written, great characters, and VERY Hot!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
a special story for a special audience

with a vocabulary suited to a select set of readers.

nicely done.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Author, second read and as good as remembered! A five doesn't do justice to your long, factually written, very entertaining story. Thank you for the story and your other tales, written and graded similarly. Keep up the good work. jntiques

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 7 years ago
Entirely Too Perfect!

Except for this on page 7... "...if you father..."

Which I wouldn't cite...but for how meticulous your craft is. :+))

I KNOW you'll correct it. :+)))

This story is a perfect blend of your several expertise areas.

Thanks!

bluemtnsmanbluemtnsmanover 7 years ago
Bravo,,,

a well written story with a delightful story line. Well done indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great story

As a early 60's, Cuban blockade, SOG-3 found the story rang true.

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 6 years ago
Not bad

More sex, less Navy...

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 5 years ago
Excellent

I really enjoyed your story and almost imagine a sequel. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Go Navy!

Sir G, Your Naval tale demonstrates in depth knowledge of the Service. As a former Pork Chop myself, I was sorry that the Supply Type was such an asshole. I will tell you that there are many quality Supply Officers in the Navy, but, of course, not many Supply war heroes. I was slated to stay in and go regular Navy with a fitness report much like Wally's, but one main reason I left was the knowledge that Supply is and always will be outside of the line of command and therefore not really what the Navy is about. Anyway, I enjoyed reminiscing as I read your accurate details of how the Navy actually works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I was so into this story I was surprised and disappointed that it had finished. Please continue with this story it's far too good not to continue.

pickup_man_1971pickup_man_1971over 4 years ago
Incredible

I've read more stories on here than I can count. I also write stories for another site, so I've read a lot of stories there also including payed stories. This story is by FAR the best story I have ever read.

pickup_man_1971pickup_man_1971over 4 years ago
Incredible

I've read more stories on here than I can count. I also write stories for another site, so I've read a lot of stories there also including payed stories. This story is by FAR the best story I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Navy story!

I'm a Canoe U grad who went to sea in destroyers, then ended up designing ships. What a pleasure to read about so many of my favorite things, including redheads!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 3 years ago
Mature????

Good story but not sure how it fits into the Mature category. Maybe it was that Wally was just mature for his age, who knows?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was a little drawn out and every thing was too perfect but it was a good story and the sex was outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story!

Definitely in the wrong category :) as I stumbled on it “by mistake”. I think there is a “Romance” section that would suit it better even if it has some BDSM traits.

I will read some more from this author.

As some of the comments stated, it is worth to evolve in a novel.

The military background is outstanding. I loved that part.

There are some... other areas in the story that could use some work:

- Wally likes fine things in life, but he goes after a girl who is showing her pudenda to him while still with another man... at least make her act more decent on the boat?

- He askes her to marry him after a good bout of sex and some q&a?... at least not present the q&a as a test if they “are we a good fit together” but as a “I want to know you better”.

My grandparents married after a month or so of dating, and stayed together for over 70 years, so I am not excluding the possibility of knowing when something is right and acting upon it, I am just saying such a rush decision is more of a gut instinct than a rational one.

Actually, some part of the q&a is more fitting for the cabin discussion (instead of the pudenda display) - my personal opinion - like the Star Trek and other movie questions... it breaks the ice without being too upfront. I like the fact that he turns her down as long as she is with another man.

I am a woman, and as a woman I can say we don’t need to show everything to get a guy’s attention.

Oh, and the “pointy nails” they are called “almond shape” and are a pain in the ass if we work at a computer. I personally detest the shape as they resemble bird claws and an evil which :))) but that is just my opinion, I suppose.

She also explains at some point that she doesn’t enjoy pain, but she is spanked with a sword on her wedding night? I don’t know how safe that might be, but it is an idiosyncrasy in the text.

Anyhow a great text that is. I will come back to it, especially for the navy part.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Definitely in the wrong category, this is a romance with a slight bdsm kink, that said, it’s a really good story and well worth 5 stars imho. Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It really is 'Knights of old', even if it is on the wrong side of the pond!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read this several times since it was first posted, and every time I wished that the US had built PCLs instead of LCSs!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSir Galahad@Sir Galahad
665 Followers
I believe that it is possible to write erotica that has a plot; that erotica, properly crafted, can be an art form. Sex should be part of the plot, not just the object of the exercise, in anything other than a short intended to incite lust. I'm pleased that people out there e...

SIMILAR Stories