All Comments on 'Prose Poem'

by twelveoone

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
HarryHillHarryHillalmost 11 years ago
I know you may be insulted by 5 stars

but this is the funniest thing I've read in some time. Deeply seeded in rule 7, it ties your many posts and observations into a satirical treat.

twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 11 years agoAuthor
wha?

what ever gave you that idea 5 stars, I can't get enough of 'em

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
racist insensative honky dribble

you should be ashamed!

erectus123erectus123almost 11 years ago
very interesting, clever

nice to see your writing again, I aways liked Wright, as a comic and as an actor, the use of 45 as opposed to .45 (the gun) is a double play! keep 'em comming!

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellalmost 11 years ago
~

Left me reeling but highly amused!

AngelineAngelinealmost 11 years ago
I gave it a five. Deal with it. :-D

Ok, conjoined robber twins with a pair of pantyhose over their heads, rapper mimes and Dick Cheney? I'm laughing too hard to run away and fast, which is what I really want to do after reading this! Agree with Harry about how adroitly you tied all the points together (or maybe untied as you did not really encode for meaning). But here's a thought: maybe some "encoding" is subconscious. You ended line three on "to" which is sonically (and grammatically) awkward, but I thought was there to echo "pair" and "twin." Yeah "to" not "two" but still... Whaddaya think?

Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 11 years ago
1201 , a smorgasabord for an info junkie ----a gourmet meal to suit a constantly thirsty

Info Junkie's sponge/ brain ------you have delighted my inner soul with this meaningless tie up of various unconnected concepts ! Thou art great O Emperor amongst poets --- please accept my tribute !

Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 11 years ago

Info Junkie's sponge/ brain ------you have delighted my inner soul with this meaningless tie up of various unconnected concepts ! Thou art great O Emperor amongst poets --- please accept my tribute !

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
ACID TO ACID

if you are happy, it was a good trip, TK U MLJ LV NV

twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Ash

"you have delighted my inner soul with this meaningless tie up of various unconnected concepts !"

your comment and the perception is tribute enough, you are paying attention to structure now, I think you know some of this but it is coming more to the forefront, these tricks are fairly standard, see prose poetry thread - Well I fucked up, for the encasement (front -this is a stick up/back- so how much does it pay?) There is a high pattern of offset two's i.e. if walks like a duck/duck I say; the timed of release of information the twins/ oh sisters from russia , pretty standard literary and or comedy tricks. Actually one of the terms may be known as "shotgunning" but don't hold me to it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous