All Comments on 'Heads I Win, Tails She Loses'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments
Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 10 years ago
This one has me chuckling

Random. What an idea. I freaking love it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. No matter what, the cheating skank wife has no chance. That's all that counts. The story is perfect as it is. Great job.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

I don't usually care for stories that stop short. I think it's usually the easy or cowards way out. This time I agree with the author, anything further would simply cheapen the story as a whole.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Honestly

This worked for me. Too many authors who I shall not name make the wife a caricature of idiocy and debauchery. Most women aren't like that. They might be open to a bit of playing, but they generally don't suddenly don SS uniforms and start kicking puppies.

I didn't mind the dangling participle. Frankly, IMO, either way the man wins. He gets a Stepford Wife, because Original Sweetie KNOWS she is a gnat's hair from being history...and will be for the rest of her life. That adds a certain...incentive to her actions.

Or he gets the amazon. She doesn't like her life and sees him as a gateway to a better one.

So, while it may irritate the BTB crowd, how does he lose in all of this? It's like with my kids: they do the crime, they get their ass whipped...and the crime is DONE! When you've been punished, the board is cleared. She's been punished with pain, humiliation and divorce. The board is clear.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HEADS OR TAILS

a contest that can be played solo. TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
this wasn't bad at all

I like the coin and the reason he flipped. It made sense to me. 5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
final flip

the last coin flip by gina is a good ending. he will get the divorce but stay with his exwife because she has learned her lesson and will be his perfect shadow now. gina has not lost out. being single he will have the best that both women have to offer.

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
Hue scored it a 5???

I know I thought it was a very good effort. New use of plot devices, well written, the characters had depth and drew you in. Tx created empathy for all 3. I felt it was worthy of a 5. But Hue?? WOW!!! Great work, Tx!!!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Enjoyed this one

Original, fairly plausible, reads smoothly, feel good at the end. What's not to like? Please keep writing.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
Wow! What a 5* read for a Sunday lunchtime!

This reads like it should be a TV movie.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
Wait Saturday lunch time!

Even.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3 stars

Seriously, how could any man consider forgiving a woman who did what she did to him for months and months. Blackmail is no excuse for her conduct. Further, with the ending as is, who's to say the blackmail material doesn't get sent. An excuse by any name is still an excuse.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
When You Gonna grow some Ball?

I know why you didn't finish the story. You bitch writers just can't stand to see the man move on with his balls intact.

At least you didn't go with your usual emasculation, wimp ending, and it sounds like you don't plan on finishing the story, which in this case is a good thing.

I suspect that you are getting tired of low scores and disrespecting the great state of Texas (not that Texas needs any help in disrespect).

So hang in there, you may even get a three one of these years.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great story!!

Thanks for sharing.

karan9876karan9876over 10 years ago
Wimp with a capital W.

What a wimp. Cant believe cantbuymy gave it a 5. I guess he is softening up.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
Well written, nicely plotted.

I fear he could be in trouble over the fire in the bedroom, but it's a story. I liked the three main characters. It was a good job of making a cheating wife human and sympathetic. Few writers spin a tale as well as TTT. It ended where it should. Thanks.

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 10 years ago
Yes

TTT, congrats! Well crafted, well told, and well, a good story! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Complete as is

You made the right call. The story is whole and a "5". Thank you again.

koosewatcherkoosewatcherover 10 years ago
All class!

Good story and we get to make our own ending with no acrimony!

EngineCo1EngineCo1over 10 years ago
Great Job

Very nice.

I would have liked to have been there to see them trying to get out of the window.

Thanks.

maninconnmaninconnover 10 years ago
Thanks!

This was a great story, and you're right, it's done! Just the right amount of tension and "what it" at the end to keep us wondering without beating a dead horse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Wow that was different and pretty cool actually if you can get past the frustrating coin flips and references to purgatory. 4*

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

A great and very smartly written story. I hope hubby ends up with the bartender as the wife even tho she being was blackmailed just can't be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Strangly enough

Im rooting for both of them .The bartender and the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*

You're still one of the best. LW is lucky to have you writing for it.

The only comments I've seen so far are the 2 or 3 right below the end. Haven't read the others, don't plan to. I enjoy life better as a hit-and-run commenter:throw the dart and don't stick around or come back unlike the sick fuckers who keep convulsively & obsessively logging on like crazed gerbils pawing the feed button in a lab experiment.

Since the wife is not dead, the BTB crowd will be disappointed.

Since the husband did not get a hard-on & eat the cream pie, the cucks will be disappointed.

Since we don't know if there's reconciliation or not, the idiots that scream RAAC! RAAC! Like the fucking AFLAC duck will not know what to do until one of their sad little exemplars says something they can copy.

As for me, I liked it. Your stories are superior. Keep writing. You bring enjoyment to the cognoscenti (smart people).

rjordanrjordanover 10 years ago
The story is told...

The story is told...you're wise to leave it right there. Anything that happens after this is another story, and there should be no expectation that we will know it. Just like real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good work!

Very nicely written, well thought out plot.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Just wanted to thank y'all for the (mostly) kind comments.

I really didn't know how this one was going to go over. I figured it might just piss off EVERYONE. No sympathy for the woman who got in over her head, and cheated but truly loved her husband, and had no malice in her actions. The hero didn't put a bullet in her head, and drag her through the streets naked for being a cheating slut. No overt actions were taken directly toward the bastard who caused the problem (which I seriously considered adding, but wanted to keep the story short and to the point). The Odd little coin-flip plot device. The possibility of reconciliation after divorce. So many ways to piss of so many readers...

If it did irritate you, all I can is que sera sera. It's gonna happen. Not my intention, but I'm not gonna let those concerns drive my writing. Thank you for the feedback, nonetheless.

For those who enjoyed it and commented, my sincere thanks. It's always nice to hear that your effort to entertain yields positive results.

TTT

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4 *

Gave it that score because you left me wanting more !

However, the author is right.

Nice to see you back in LW.

A Merry Man

P. S. Still dislike the ending Of that free- pass story. I know, I gotta let it go. lol

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Damn Good

Like the Idea of the Coin Flip and the fact he left it on the Bar. and left Gina wondering. I would like to see how everything ends up with everyone and how he gets back at Don the A-Hole. who Blackmailed his wife to begin with it was comical envisioning him jumping out the window and landing in the Rose bush have one just like it ^' tall and really wide.

DesireeFoxDesireeFoxover 10 years ago
Excellent story

very compelling

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great read wanting more

Dang! Wish you'd add to this. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Like the shift in PoV, taking the focus off the husband. The story's not bad, but it's been done before, over and over.

He can't do shit to stop her blackmailer from destroying her life the way the blackmailer did to her friend Debbie, because the only thing he CAN do to stop Doug is murder the man or commit some other violent crime that makes him no better than the man. Because his second chance woman is a dumb bitch, she will of course not realize that he completely lied to his "ex" and committed her to Hell, not only making a farce out of his coin-flipping but a lie out of his claims of standing by her as Doug destroyed her life?

On a side note, what kind of stupid cunt of a guy admits he got married based on a coin flip rather than love and admits that's all it was after simpering and whining about how he loved her and she destroyed him?

Personally, and perhaps as a challenge to authors reading this - I'd like to see a story that takes this tired old plotline and turns it around - a wife that gets blackmailed and DOES tell her husband and see exactly how steadfast and willing to stand by her the husband is, how clever her husband is. Note: Murder and violent crimes are not cleverness, and there is exactly jackshit you can do to stop someone from sending out such material in under ten minutes.

I saw one story like this, and you know what happened when the wife told her husband a man was attempting to blackmail her? He stabbed her in the back by telling her that she should have confessed what she'd done before she married him so that he had the choice not to marry her, allowed the blackmailer to destroy his wife, and promptly divorced her. Even though she did not cheat on him.

It was insanely original, but it really makes you ask the question of why this tired old plot is still around. What can a man do to defend his wife in those circumstances that doesn't involve becoming a criminal far worse than a blackmailer?

In short, creative execution, dull concept, and the only half-way likeable character is the bartender.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
I liked it.

Yes, it's a revenge fantasy. But your protagonist realizes there at the last that utterly destroying his soon-to-be-ex-wife is not what he thought he wanted. Or something like that.

I liked the open-endedness of the story. And it does sort of scream for a sequel. I could see where I might take it, but there are several other plausible scenarios that come to mind fairly quickly. Overall, VERY nicely done.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Sometime the Author can be wrong about his own story

@ Dear Author It may be you wanted to annoying everybody, but the plot was a good Modern Figaro Type Revenge Story. If Dear Author does not beleive me I recommend to read Papatoad's "Telephone Blitz" gem story.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

BTW Papatoad's gem story "Telephone Blitz" is the 9th in my Revenge story bentchmark...............

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@ Duna

Telephone Blitz is a shit story and then some. Yes the revenge is very smart but talk about a cucky WACC ending. Im not trying to shit up TX's comments just trying to warn other readers what to expect from Duna's fucked up recommendation.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years agoAuthor
Ending...

First, yes Duna, I'm very familiar with PapaToad's work. And I agree that his telephone blitz is easily a top 10 story in this category. Friggin' beautiful. Too bad he doesn't write for Literotica any more.

If anyone would like to craft their own ending, to this, and pretty much any other story of my mine, I have no problems with that. None at all. Feel free, I think I'd even like to see how someone might take it. Lord_Gro, or anyone else who might want to give it a go. Hell, it might even drive me to write a sequel, although I still believe this is the proper place to end it. Although destroying blackmailer/loverboy would be fun, in spite of what Anonymous says.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
For not foundementalist BTB

@ Jounar I am REVENGE STORY FAN and not a FOUNDEMENTALIST BTB!!!!! If somebody likes revenge stories and like me he(she) is not foundementalist BTB I recommend Papatoad's story "Telephone Blitz".

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years agoAuthor
Telephone Blitz

@ Jounar - I tend to agree I didn't like the ending to Telephone Blitz. Especially the attitude. However, from a writer's perspective, it was close to brilliant. Very clever, well thought out, short and to the point. Extremely memorable. I can read 100 titles and not remember the story, but every time I see 'telephone blitz' I smile. It's a unique solution to a sticky problem, and PapaToad owns it.

The only way it could have been better was to stop after 3 pages, once he'd dealt with both of them, and moved on.

I believe there's a place for reconciliation in some cases. The way PapaToad painted the wife wasn't one of them. Total annihilation for an adulterous spouse isn't always required. There are different levels of betrayal, and if we paint all with the same brush of revenge, the worst are getting off too easy. I consider purpose, intent, malice, response after exposure and the extent of the cheating all elements in how badly the spouse should pay.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
A confession of a revenge story fan

1. When I was 16 years old we learnt from the World Literature the Italian mediavel Trias (Dante, Petrarca and Bocaccio). In my High School class we boys almost everybody read Bocaccio "Decameron" with dumb husbands and smart cheaters.

After 40 years it was a revelation to meet stories, where smart husbands do revenge on cheaters, and this revenge stories are better than Bocaccio's Decameron.............

2. I have a little inclination to Ramantic, so I like those stories when somebody can stand up from a family catastropha, as a cheating means. I like those stories, where the betrayed ex husbands find the happiness and success again with a new mate............against the cheating ex wives..........

3. Against not being foundamentalist BTB, I do not like cheaters........................

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@ Tx Tall Tales

I agree with you 100% that not all stories require a BTB nuclear response ending and personally I prefer a life lived well ending. The problem I have and from what I'v read in comments, lots of other readers have as well with most reconciliation type stories, is that the plot becomes way to unbelievable or the character's mindset suddenly change so much it's like they are completely different people, all just to get the happy ending.

@ Tx Tall Tales and Duna

Telephone Blitz is a very well written story containing some very clever revenge antics on the husband's part but as a reader I want the start, middle and end of the story to be good and Papatoad's story is ruined by a very weak WACC ending imho.

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
Good tale

I am glad you left it open at the end,it seems obvious he will reconcile with his wife,the phone call told him she was telling the truth and that he had enough compassion to understand her situation.

Btw there are ways to deal with blackmail,it is a major crime plus even now if they went to the cops it would be blackmail and rape,coerced sex is rape,pure and simple,because she didn't give consent freely.Depending how long ago those videos were made (the blackmail ones) slime could be charged with suppressing evide.ce of a crime,if she was out of it when having sex that is rape as well,he would.be in deep doo doo if the statute of limitations hadnt run out.

Sadly a lot if hubbies if she told him eould walk away,husbands blame the wife when these things,happen irl,husbands abandon wives who have been raped,seeing them as dirty or somehow wanted it,so saying 'why didnt you tell me' isnt so cut and dried.

Great story,tex,another good one.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 10 years ago
Good Little Story

Of all the reasons for cheating, blackmail is the most understandable and, therefore, forgiveable. Add the phone call to save his ass, under the circumstances, and she gets a little more of an opening. The coin flip idea added a little humor, but didn't really change his plans. I like the ending. This little story didn't warrant more detail or a final conclusion.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years agoAuthor
Can't help myself

You know what I love, Jounar and Duna both? A good discussion, no personal attacks, and an ability to try to see things someone else's way. Even if unsuccessful, a clear open exchange of opinions is a good thing.

I appreciate everything both of you wrote, even if it's not so much about this particular story, but about the genre in general.

One dimensional, brain dead women in these stories drive me crazy. I need character, some understanding of why things happen. I can even respect HarryInVA's complaints about my reply to Nici's Something we have to talk about, when he states rightly, I finally asked the question 'Why?' without having the wife deliver a response.

Jounar, you are absolutely correct that in many Reconciliation stories, there is a drastic personality change, many times unbelievable. More often, the characters are so shallow, I don't even care. It's what makes a good reconciliation story so damn difficult to write.

Strangely, the disagreement between you and Duna is almost laughable, since you both enjoy the same type of endings, as Duna likes to put it, 'the second chance woman.' Living life well is often the best revenge.

For extreme betrayal, I lean more towards Radke's nuclear option. For moderate adultery, I believe that some type of emotional pain is warranted (if not physical) and the Living Well revenge is most appropriate.

The Romantic in me, and I readily confess it's there, wants to see a chance for reconciliation, under the right terms, when the issue between the two is least disturbing. But you damn well better have made me believe the offender is repentant and worthy of at least the chance.

It's the only reason I'm thinking of adding a third chapter in reply to "Something We Have to Talk About," and see if it's even possible to create that possibility with Susan, even if not totally successful. I consider that a hell of a challenge. And maybe I can even give HarryInVA his answer about 'why?'. It's a daunting task, and I'm not sure I'm up to it, but you've got to stretch yourself, if you want to improve, and that would be a hell of a stretch.

To finish this ridiculously long response, I want to thank you both, for the comments, taking the time to express your opinion (which only happens about one in 1000 readers), and for being reasonable and clear in your opinions, respectful in how you presented them, with no ad hominem attacks. I really appreciate it. As I appreciate every comment, of every flavor, each giving me a little tiny window into my audience.

And yes, that includes you, zed0 and karan9876. I understand your views probably represent a large part of the target audience, and I like to hear them, seeing what works and doesn't work for you. I gotta admit, sometimes it confuses me, but I'll keep trying.

I would be remiss, after such a lengthy treatise, not to mention how very much I appreciate the appropriate and insightful comments from many of the regulars around here, including FD45, njlauren, Vulcan_in_Ohio, cantbuymy, Harddaysknight, betrayedbylove, and so many others, who take the time to help me write better.

In my reply to Agena's A Joke, I made my own little 'joke' at the end. I made Roger 'Anonymous'. I mentioned it wasn't about MY anonymous commenters. Let me make it abundantly clear. I've read literally thousands of stories on this site (I have had 12 years in which to do it.) I can honestly say the vast majority of my Anonymous reviewers are insightful, respectful, and deeply appreciated. If you have any doubts, read their comments here. I'm lucky, and I know it.

Thanks again. I'm gonna stop typing now before the comment becomes longer than the story.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Excellent Story

There was the one detail that may sink the revenge boat. Very fine discussion of the reactions of the commentators by the author. You are quite correct in all that you say. One thing is that while JPB and MM ignore the audience reaction it sounds as if you are doing a fine job of listening.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Perfect short story.

Easiest 5 star vote ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Really fine story

3T, a very, very fine story. Thanks.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 10 years ago
Thanks!

Thanks for the story...again.

Shadowreader7Shadowreader7over 10 years ago
Different

I liked it tho would love a second chapter to see who he ends up with and how the blackmailer gets taken care of though I understand leaving it as it is I loved the rose bush lol only part I would change would be him getting his dick sliced up by the glass and thorns

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks for remembering the great PAPATOAD!

Sadly, he is deceased no?I am sad many of the greats authors of Literotica LW section has passed.TheCelt,CastleStone,Joesephus...sad.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 10 years ago
Good story ... again

As complete as it needs to be.

I gave it a 5

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Papatoad

Papatoad lives, he stopped writting. He began a website with his stories and he invited guest authors with stories in his website : Vulcez, JPB, Happyhugo (he publishes on SOL only), Winterfrog, DG Hear, Denham Forrest and others. I sign in

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Espresso shot of a short story misfires !

actually for the majority of the BTB crowd, this story was a bullseye. It bothered me that the wife's deeply flawed rationale for the adultery was not examined in a. deeper sense. This was allegedly a one-off mistake in terms of the whole adulterous cover up.

But her flawed logic used to make that decision would seem to crop up inevitably on many more aspects & that's where a great story was passed by. This was competently executed but there was mega- potential fascinating aspects of the mentality of a woman who would succumb to that kind of extortion that was short changed.

I'm rating this at four stars for the story's worth alone but if factoring in sexpectations' based on the author's talent counted... Oh well I can always read one of TexasTallTales past extensive triumphs that are crafted much mire' to my liking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
interesting character study

But is the author aware of it?

First plus point: Gina, the outside observer. This gave me hope that the story's 'universe' would not be defined by Jack's perceptions but by an objective perspective. For example: "she saw him differently now. A dangerous man." Indeed, Jack's a psycho.

Second, I could go through the second half confrontation sentence by sentence to show how Jack made a misinterpretation of Lauren's actions - it was blackmail, not cheating. She explains it all and does it make a difference? No, loving Jack does not want to believe the love of his life. He prefers his misconception because the poor guy was HURT.

That's how the story is written. Both Gina and Lauren confronting him with his emotionally immature, insecure, and vindictive behavior. He can barely face the truth about himself.

Why either Gina or Lauren would want to have anything to do with the guy is beyond me. That's why I'm not sure if the author is aware of the spot-on character study of the 'type'. Jack's perception (not the objective perception) colors their actions. Such guys need slavish devotion to buttress their own lack of self-esteem.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Clever story. Interesting and well paced.

Too bad she burned down the house. Speaker thing was funny. Ambiguity at the end appropriate. I appreciate the comments about PapaToad - nobody writes women better than PapaToad. That said, the wife in this story could almost have been a PapToad woman.

firas01firas01over 10 years ago
An excellent

story just like most of your recent work, like the ending as well, five stars, thanks for sharing.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years agoAuthor
Great Analysis

@Anonymous "interesting character study"

I'd say it's better than 80% correct. Gina's character serves three purposes, an external view of what's going on, and to give background to Jack, a possible romantic foil, as a form of ego-building (depressed man, being cheated on, questions his own worth, and Gina give some ego soothing), and as a neutral mediator. Exactly as you state in the first paragraph, except the last line.

I disagree. Jack's not a psycho, he's a man who makes the mistake of looking to respond to his wife's cheating, without confronting. Big error. As soon as he knew something was going on, all this pain and suffering, on both sides, could have been avoided. THAT is his biggest mistake in the story, nearly the equal of Lauren's ill-fated solution of going along with her blackmailer. Anger, pain and betrayal, real or perceived, can lead to terrible things, in this case a carefully planned, but ill conceived, revenge on this wife.

I don't like perfect people in my stories. Flaws are the building blocks of all the better issues. I don't like evil people as protagonists. Most people have reasons and justifications for what they do. They may do bad, even evil things, but rarely are they purely evil people.

To give Jack the benefit of the doubt, he was confronted with the unthinkable. A loving wife who enters an affair. To his eyes, that's what it is, an ongoing, weekly consummated affair. He blows a gasket and seeks out revenge, hopefully, for the reader's sake, in a somewhat interesting and believable fashion

As Anonymous said, Jack misinterpreted Lauren's actions. The first clue to burst his little bubble of deserved destruction for the cheating slut, is her phone call. I try to go out of my way to show how this effects him. Her explanation sets him back, making him re-evaluate his response. Remember, He's gone from a depressed misery upon discovering her affair, to an emotional high, when his revenge plays out perfectly, to a deeper low (described by Gina) as he sits in the bar, thinking over what he's done, and the end of his marriage. The call weighs heavy on this mind.

When Lauren appears for the exposition, he's surprised, but not completely shocked. He was aware something was wrong, but not what. It's not that he doesn't want to BELIEVE the love of his life - he does, at no time does he indicate otherwise - he's just not prepared to handle it after the roller-coaster of emotions, and the fact that she still did wrong, in his opinion, by not coming to him.

Jack falls back on his crutch, the coin-flip, making up excuses to stop the destruction and somehow come to terms with what his wife has done. His answers are no longer pat, and predetermined. In fact, do we know that each coin-flip is not an excuse to do exactly what he wants to do, since he refuses to enumerate the choices before each flip?

It's true, he's having difficulty facing the truth, confronted with his own actions, and his lack of support for his wife, when she needed him most. If only he'd known..

Why would either woman want to have anything to do with him? I think that part should be obvious. Lauren loves him, cheated on him, failed to trust him when she should have, and thoughtfully gambled her marriage on getting away with something she knew was wrong, and lost. She feels largely responsible for her own actions, and unlike Anonymous, understands the hurt her betrayal has cost her husband. She's terribly hurt by his actions, but is not ready to give up on their marriage.

Gina's a tougher one. We don't know her background. She's tall and pretty, works in a bar, lives in a small and lonely apartment. The people she meets day to day, working the day shift at a bar, are hardly 'catches'. In walks an interesting, humorous, intelligent, good looking man. The sudden exposure of his plan, and why he did things makes her re-evaluate what she knows about him. He's dangerous (bad boy), aggressive, and in pain. Not being a woman, I have to try to get into that complex thought process. In the end, he's more interesting and even a little scary, but exciting, and possibly vulnerable. He's shown a lot of interest in her. Mothering instinct, physical attraction, interesting character, and the whole manly/dangerous/man-of-action thing comes into play. Plus, he's a family man, already able to attract a beautiful woman. Enough to confuse her but at the last moment to throw her hat in the ring. In time, and after consideration, will her interest hold? Only time would tell.

I know, another long response. I just wanted to give a little view into the thinking that goes behind a story like this, where characters are important (at least to me) and hopefully more than simple caricatures.

And again, I feel vindicated. Do I have the best Anonymous commenters, or what? Thank you Anonymous.

TTT

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Jounar

Not to derail this too far, but I want to defend the ending of Telephone Blitz for the reason I alluded to before.

This comes down to a principle of philosophy, frankly. Do you believe that a person's actions are set in stone?

Because if we believe 'once a cheater, always a cheater', or 'once a thief, always a thief' etc, than any parole of people is just plain stupid. As soon as they get out, under that assumption, they will go right back to their cheating, stealing, drug using ways.

MAYBE, in some instances this is true. People with poor impulse control come to mind. However, as a society , WE determine 'if you steal X amount, you serve Y years in jail' If Jethro also has poor impulse control...well...we'll keep a cell warm for him. He'll be back.

So if it's 'once a cheater, always a cheater' why DON'T we tattoo them with a big scarlet A on their foreheads? I mean, if they are destined to be that forever, why not warn everyone else?

Because, as a society, we like to believe in free will and repentance. We believe in paying our debts to society and hoping that Jethro or Janet starts to wise up.

So...I like Telephone Blitz because Janet paid her price. Her mom sees her as a whore. Her son knows she's a cheater. She lost her career. She was humiliated. She also SELF IMPOSED punishments on herself. She lived like a nun. She knew she did wrong and she did penance.

That doesn't mean she wasn't mad at the person who gave her the pain. It's a human thing. She ALSO thanked him for saving her dignity. But the BTB clique don't want to recognize that portion. Also, she paid her punishment. She's allowed to be a regular human being again. He got his pound of flesh. Being a Stepford Wife is for when she's given GRACE (unearned forgiveness) instead of Penance (Paying for Sins).

Her balance sheet is clean. This worked for me...almost like this story.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

FD45

Telephone Blitz's ending just didn't work for me but each to their own as its makes the world a more interesting place.

Myhands316Myhands316over 10 years ago
What does it say about a story?

When the people actually read it and think?

In a way Jack is somewhat like me. I don't care why or why not. All that matter is what is or is not. Sometimes that make people like that, look like derange psyco's, other times like saints. In reality, it just makes them human and flawed. What I find interesting in this little tragedy, is that there are no winners. Lauren can never be trusted again, Jack is a broken man, and Gina is the rebound, never knowing when Jack is going to snap. There is always hope, but is it a fools hope? Great Brain-candy. Keep up the good work.

Myhands316

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
Finally something I agree with FD45 on

Also in Telephone Blitz, she never got to go through with the act itself. She only got to take off her shoes and that was it. She knew what she was going to do was wrong but as FD45 laid out "poor impulse control". That part I can see, not having the sense to say fucking no. But over all FD45 hit the nail right on the head.

thebulletthebulletover 10 years ago
well done

an interesting and fresh look at the genre. I like the ending. It worked within the context of this story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
Dude WOW.. this may be the very best thing you have EVER written

I am IMPRESSED....

really good stuff

Jim44444Jim44444over 10 years ago
Great story

TTT you have written a great story. It must be since you got so many comments. I don't understand all the comparisons to other stories, I just try to enjoy each story on its own merits. Furthermore, I have no clue why readers take this stuff so serious, damn people it is just a made up story. Thanks for writing. And by the way, the ending is perfect don't screw it up with a sequel. 5*

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Masterpiece!

What more do I need to say?

JohnChildJohnChildover 10 years ago
its done

WTG TTT thx great yarn.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 10 years ago
A real work of art!

You dragged the reader along, creating the feeling that the situation was unreal, right up until the wife started unloading in the bar. And then, one by on, the pieces started falling into place.

One thing, though: The wife has no judgment. She's just one disaster after another waiting to happen. I'm rooting for the bartender.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fascinating end

Made me think with my bigger head for once tx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I don't understand

Normally really enjoy your writing, but I don't get how these sorts of stories are literotica material... yet they are all over the loving wives section. :/

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Why are the revenge stories in LW?

@ Anon Because the extramarital fun for a sexual majority husband is (definitio explaining: sexual majority husband is who do not like his wife is fucked by other men) to get rid of a cheating wife and to change her to a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
stick to advice abourt sodomizing goats Duna

You know less than nothing about what men think since you are an insecure goat-fucking eunuch.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Dear sexual minority ofender Anon

@ Offender Anon You are that sexual minority husband who get erection from that your wife is fucked by others. I am very tolerant for sexual minority people. However you are very interesting people to think everybody's sexual fantasy your sexual practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Is Albania downwind from Chernobyl? FFS Duna, stop

Your incoherent rambling is embarrassing everyone. You are the guy who shits himself in the frozen food section and we have to hide our disgust and pity as the "Clean up on aisle seven" announcement is made. Jesus wept....

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
LOL

@ Offender Anon The last injuring was good. LOL

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Jack in this story

reminds me of Ryan in Fool me Once.

removed110513removed110513over 10 years ago
I must be different

Honestly, for me, I felt the husband was in the wrong here. I mean, what the wife did was wrong as well, but she was blackmailed, she could have been destroyed forever to everyone. She did what she had to do, she didn't know what to do, she collapsed under the pressure. But then going and saying that she ruined the marriage entirely, that the trick he pulled off she deserved, was just wa too much. If anything, he should have helped her, not throw her out. He just overreacted in my opinion. Then again, I don't really know what it would be like to be in either of those positions, so maybe I am wrong. But this is what I think, sue me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice one

i got the picture even with that ending and still wish the wife loses

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Happy ending?

This is not a happy ending - yet. Almost like life, hmm. Thanks for some food for thought, but remember forgiveness is a great healer, especially for the one who's been wronged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow!!

Awesome writing. Loved it. Liked the characters, they were well done. Liked the suspense.

REGG60REGG60over 10 years ago
nice ending

basic moral truth is better than lies in a relationship, no matter the reason

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Categorize

Would have been better received if it were categorized as "Non-erotic". Great writing, but did not meet my expectations of a "loving wives" tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 Great story but.

how was Doug going to get his ? And how was Jack going to fix things ? He Jack came off as a man that can make things work. Like to read about that....bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You're right - the story isn't complete.

But as the author of the piece - that's your decision to make. As a reader of the story, it's my opinion that your choice made the story bad. It's worthless to read and then not get an ending. Yes, I can make up my own ending, but that's not why I read stories. I want a complete story. And while I'm at it, he was a worthless bastard of a husband. What kind of man lets his wife sink in the swamp without either confronting her or trying to help her? And then to make his decisions based on the flip of a coin? What a prick! I don't see how either woman would want to have anything to do with him. He's the lowlife pond scum in this sorry story.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
Disagree About the Ending

I liked all of the characters. (unusual for the Loving Whores category) I would certainly like to read more about them.

But...,

Readers need to show writers more respect. The writer told an interesting story. It was a slice from the lives of these characters. The "slice" was the story of the "outing" of the sordid relationship between the wife and her blackmailer. The "slice" did not include the beginning of these characters lives, nor the endings. But the story that was told, was told well, and it had a beginning, a middle and an ending. It was a "slice of life". I am actually pleased that the author did not provide a "contrived", "wrapped in a neat little bow" ending. I like, everyone have my preferences. But I admire the craft as well, even when I don't like the choices or actions of the characters.

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
TTT

TTT never finishes a story. Pity

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Good story. Certainly a Five.

This was an original idea, a very creative concept in a story genre that is often tiring. It's a genre filled with too many one dimensional whore wives, and men more concerned with the technologies they'll use to try to prove what they already know so they can plan for a divorce for which they already know the outcomes. I sympathized with both spouses; neither really did the right thing or things, but both are clearly filled with remorse. They are both confused. Will Jack man up? And what does that mean anyway? Does that mean getting the divorce, leaving his foolish wife, hooking up with the barmaid, and seeking some sort of pay back against Doug. Does it mean getting the divorce, and then re-approaching his wife and life in a new way? We don't know do we? Like the toss of a coin; it's all up in the air, a matter of chance.

Thanks for something really interesting and different. I wished I had thought of it.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
This one was very good!

I gave it 5 Stars.

That said, I still don't think that blackmail is a valid excuse for cheating. I know there are those who disagree, but TRUST is part of LOVE. Wifey should have trusted Hubby enough to at least tell him what Asshole was doing to her. A lot of people don't seem to realize that blackmail is even more dangerous for the blackmailer than it is for the person being blackmailed. The video most probably showed that she was obviously out of it and not responsible. The possession of that video by Asshole would show two women being raped with possible date rape drugs having been added to their drinks. There are a whole slew of sex crimes charges that would be leveled against him for that alone.

I also recognize that a happy ending is all well and good. However, if Wifey didn't trust Hubby enough to tell him what was going on, why should he trust her not to cheat again if something else was to pop up?

Well written as always, Triple T. I like the JPB style "Choose your own" ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
the fuck slut whore should have trusted him

she got what she deserved and the prick blackmailing her is going to get his just rewards when he catches up with him but the slut should be kicked in to the gutter where she belongs and he should go for the barmaid......

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Refreshing

Nice twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This story is complete, period.

5*. Thanks T3...

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Fine Tale!

Open possibilities! Not a bad ending. This is a short story, not a novel, and the author has the freedom accorded an artist. Thanks, Tx Tall Tales . Dan

Wife was foolish in not trusting her husband. If he couldn't handle her history, perhaps he wouldn't be a good long term partner. 5 STARS.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
boo hoo for you too

Adolescent Tolls Beware! My commentary will pop all your pimples.

Lauren and Jack, a marriage made in mutual delusion. Lauren realized that Jack is too immature, too narcissist to help her resolve the blackmail against her. Frankly, she should of gut shot Doug but then that's just my opinion for what little it's worth.

My reasoning. Jack knew there was a serious ongoing problem in his marriage but did nothing to investigate the cause of the problems. He automatically assumed it had to be the woman's fault, cause hey, the Bible says so. Once he identified Doug as the 'other man' he made no effort to dissuade the asshole from contacting Lauren.

I had that problem with one of my wife's pre-marriage ex-boyfriends. My fists upside his head convinced him to go far away and keep going. I do not understand males (they sure don't qualify as men) who won't fight for the woman they claim to love.

When it comes to trust, this story makes it obvious that Lauren did not and could not trust Jack. His childish tantrum of tricks proved his unworthiness. I do understand that women make these desperate choices all the time, to remain with the perpetual boys they married. I do not understand why.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hey fan"fag" ..

I don't understand why any man would bother lifting a finger for a WHORE like Lauren! She .. AND ONLY SHE, made the choice to become a three hole SLUT in a gangbang video, chose not to tell her husband about her sordid past, if not lied .. deceived him about her past by NOT showing any faith that he would understand HER "situation", not only spread her slimy hole for someone that was not her husband but did it repeatedly AND in THEIR marital bed, broke her marriage vows, lied to her FAITHFUL husband's face ........ AND COULD HAVE KILLED JACK! How you ask .... considering her gutter slut history and the number of STD's swimming in that cesspool between her legs, the diseased WHORE could have killed the man she professes to love ( if she hasn't already done it)!

So based on the Overwhelming evidence .... No I DON'T get your asinine argument THAT JACK HAD ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSIST, DEFEND **OR** FIGHT FOR HIS VIRTUOUS? FAITHFUL? LOVING? WHOR... err ... WIFE!!! As a matter of fact, the only type of man who would support and defend this type of action from his wife would be a CUCK LOVING WIMP use to spending his time in a closet watching his whore wife take a strange cock up her ass ... sound familiar FanCUCK???

Hethen129Hethen129about 10 years ago
whoa

This story needs a series and to be out of the loving wives and into something else. I want to know more about Jack I could defiantly see this getting more pages. Well done

yowietooyowietooabout 10 years ago
great little story

I really enjoyed this story, nice finish, good tension. I think the open ending works well.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Always fun when there is a twist or two in the plot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20303 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).