All Comments on 'Even'

by UnderYourSpell

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
demure101demure101over 10 years ago
Nice

and precise :)

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 10 years ago
UYS , do you know Swami Vivekananda swam to the last Rock / last bit of India

From Kanya Kumari ( brits called it Cape Comorin erroneously) & sat there for three days & nights in Deep Meditation without food or water : in His words " the waves were restless & high but my Inner Turmoil was greater on how to wake my Fellow Countrymen from Shackles of Poverty , Superstition , Hunger , Slavery & Foreign Domination ! I meditated on this problem for 3 days /.3 nights until I hit upon a Plan to liberate my Countrymen !"

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 10 years ago
In 1972 PM Indira Gandhi inaugaurated a Vivekananda Memorial on the renamed

Vivekananda Rock & visitors are taken there in a Motor Launch to visit & pay their respect .

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellover 10 years agoAuthor
~

I do wonder Ashesh about these people that say they see great things through deprivation and meditation as anyone that goes without sustenance for long also start to hallucinate. I'm not decrying their or your beliefs but all things need to be considered.

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 10 years ago
UYS , in 1898 , Swami Vivekananda was invited to the Parliament of Religions in Chicago USA.

His opening words " Sisters & Brothers of America " was greeted with a standing ovation of 4 minutes : if you don't believe me Google " Swami Vivekananda" or " Vivekanada's Chicago address " . He was the Star @ that Parliament to the great trepidation & irritation of the brits who were rulin' India @ that time ! If this sort of result is achieved by Hallucination esp. @ a time when my Motherland was a slave nation under the boot of the British Raj , I say let the whole World Hallucinate ! Jai Hind !

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellover 10 years agoAuthor
~

I'm led to believe that America had their own slavery problems so what makes their exaltation particularly desired at that time?

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 10 years ago
In 1898 , Abe Lincoln had already abolished slavery &

You must remember the American War of Independence led by Washington , Jefferson & Ben Franklin evoked admiration & awe in the hearts of Indian Patriots fought against & won against the common enemy the British Empire !

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellover 10 years agoAuthor
~

So that negates they'd even had slavery? Also your history of slaves isn't whiter than white, slavery has existed in India since the time of the Mauryas at least. However, since Indian society has throughout been subject to the strictly-enforced caste system, the differences between those in the lowest caste and the lot of the slaves are not very great and, in some cases, it may have been better to be a slave.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous