All Comments on 'This Guy Walks into a Bar'

by fanfare

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wrong category.

Put it in bitter and twisted cucked husbands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
pretty stupid

but then again i don't live in a big city and profess to know all about whores. I rate this the way i rate wife swapping stories they both make me sick.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 10 years ago
Doesn't sound *too* wimpy to me

He's divorcing his wife for adultery. He's protecting his kids from the actions of his irresponsibile STD-infected wife and tone-deaf bureaucracy by having her followed and confronting both her and her sexual contacts. He's using the same tone-deaf bureaucracy to (legally) harass the soon-to-be ex-wife and her sexual partners by assuring they get tested for STDs, thereby exposing further adultery.

What more could he do to her that wouldn't be criminal and also harm his kids?

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Fun Read

Fucked up system we have. Not enough information to consider husband's role in the breakup. I can guess though. Sounds like the responsible one gets hosed, again. Was it revenge or just a back door way to protect his children? Think it's both. Sad because she's irresponsible. Fun because of the novel revenge in the name of safety. 4 stars. Thanks for the read.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Yessss!!

:-)

Short but entertaining! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*

Too much of a one-sided rant from hubby. Too many here assume that everybody sits still for this. They don't have to and rarely would.

BUT, well written diatribe and at least a bit refreshing.

Stories that are neither cuck nor over the top BTB are increasingly rare here so I'm 5'ing you as encouragement.

The whole thing was nasty from beginning to end but you captured the nastiness well. Most writers focus on sight /vision and touch/feel. Few bring smell into the picture. You made us smell this one.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Save sex with strangers

All 4th people in the USA go thhrough 1 or more STDs in lifetime...........To save children from STDs is important. However I do not understand why do not the ex husband get the custody after the death of the ex wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Was this a story or an excuse to have a monologue?

Not only was this drivel pathetic, it was boring as fuck. No. Scratch that, fucking isn't boring, although if you wrote it, I'm sure you could make sex boring. Please don't do this again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
bout time someone faced the reality of fucking around

yep much to realistic

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry.

The premise was silly. The guy can afford to pay for a PI to follow the wife but cant afford a good enough lawyer to get custody of the kids from this woman. Bah.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Nicely done exposition of what could happen with big brother looking out for you...

A different look at the pleasures of getting strange. I wonder if the wife could drag him into court about this? She needs a better lawyer and so does he....

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Great Flash Tale!

Outstanding! Had me laughing all the way through!

5 Big Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*s

More, more mooooooooooorrrre. lol

fanfarefanfareover 10 years agoAuthor
i can see your point

Anonymous, you are correct IF this was before the divorce case. But some days your gunman is faster then your opponent's gunman. And some days, their gunman is faster then yours.

Now Guy needs to know what his ex-wife is up to and with whom. First: to protect the children by protecting the ex-wife. There are plenty of creeps available to take advantage of a drunken slut. And through her they can access the children. Guy wants to know who his potential enemies are.

Second: to protect the children, gather sufficient evidence to prove she is an unfit mother, then get a better lawyer and go back to court for custody.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Weird and why does have the kids with her parents next in line? Beyond fishy politicking in the court system.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome!!!

What a twist and great job.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Hard!

FanFare...please turn off your rage when you proof-read! It is great to crank it up while writing, and to remember it while editing (so you don't eliminate that tone in the finished work)...but 'remembering' the rage and 'invoking' the rage are different!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Depth

Needs more depth all you did was brush the surface of most of the characters story line to rush in to the maw of the std rage.

Here's a tip one proof read and edit helps

Two character depth

Three learn to work to a story plan

Life helps you survive

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@Fanfare

Why were his ex inlaws before him for custody if his kids? Just seems to crazy a plothole to justify him still checking on what she is doing imho. Him digging for evidence to prove she is an unfit mother makes way more sense.

koosewatcherkoosewatcherover 10 years ago
Nice story!

Enjoyed this!

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
This guy seems

a brick short of a pallet. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like

Fuck all you Assholes who did not like this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More depth?

Not a chance, we know all we need to about these people.

Hey x_dickless_x, at least he has one!

Good story.

jacsrjacsrover 10 years ago
Could easily have happened

I was intrigued by the author's imagination, in this story never considered that a husband would or could do something like this to his almost ex wife. I think more content would have been nice, but darn good just as it stands. Is there a sequel.

firas01firas01over 10 years ago
Fanfare

I admire your intentions in creating a new twist to an old story, I also respect the logic which you are trying to present here and which guy has followed, but, just for the sake of exchanging ideas, he didn't have to go through all that, if STDs can transfer through a mere kiss, than his children are mostly infected and he can have them tested and prove that his wife is an unfit mother, or, if she is the whore she is, then sooner or later this will happen. As for the children custody, if the wife dies, there is no court in all 50 states that will give custody to other than the living parent unless he is proven as an unfit father, so there is no way that the in laws will get custody if he is alive after his wife's death and claim custody. I understand that this story is aimed toward the so called bulls but in my opinion, they constitute nothing in the collapse of a marriage, low lives of every shape and form are everywhere, and they are just this...low lives. It is the wife who betrayed and deceived and cheated, and she is the one who owes loyalty to her husband and family, the bull owes you nothing. Thanks for sharing.

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
Truly a silly story

on the positive side... it's short.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years agoAuthor
I want to thank all of the commentators

I appreciate that I am receiving a wide assortment of comments on my first posting.

You are all providing me with a multitude of perspectives. From ripe to rotten.

A story like this, I do not yet see a sequel. With this story I had a title and I had an ending. The rest of the writing was just to reveal the path from first to last. And as economically as possible. This is a tragedy and I had no desire to drag it out.

I notice that the variety of stories I have been and are now working on, range widely in genre. I will be posting steadily, probably every few days, maybe once a week. I am certain you will enjoy some and I am certain you will hate some.

Please continue sharing your opinions. I do not fear some one asserting that I must be an asshole for what I write. I do fear if I failed to express my ideas and my ideals to artificially inflate some trivial statistics.

Now go wash your hands before you get back on your computer again.

SpykkeSpykkeover 10 years ago
Blunt, to the point

and pretty harsh? Yep. Not everyone's idea do a gentle bedtime story? Nope. Max kudos for injecting some new ideas into a somewhat tired genre? INDEED. Dammit at least this guy is trying to provide some variety

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Alright

The soon-to-be ex-husband was just doing his public duty, trying to stop the spread of disease. I like your expression "sorry skank cunt." It fits her perfectly. By the same token, her lover, the sorry skanky asshole prick, won't spread any more disease either. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lol

This guy walks into a zoo all that's there is a dog .

It was a shit zoo lololol

CleardaynowCleardaynowover 10 years ago
Amazing

Well, well, well – you never cease to amaze me Fanfare.

Although your first written story, this actually is the last of your current stories that I have read. I bet certain readers were disappointed by your subsequent stories.

Nice story, well written. The vehemence comes over strongly. The husband’s character is defined well by that. A single note story but none the worse for that.

Now, I do not know about America but I would say in the UK that for every wife who behaves like this, there are 20 to 50 husbands who do. This is for simple biological, gene led behaviours. If you or I have sex (I am assuming that you are actually a man – you can never be absolutely certain with profiles) with a thousand women in a year we theoretically could have a thousand children (like Genghis Khan did I believe). For a woman, a thousand partners just means a sore pussy, risks, etc. And just one baby. Massive female promiscuity may happen but there just are not the basic drivers. Genetically, if a woman strays she is doing it to get a better mate, cuckold (i.e. get better genes for her children while retaining the husband to look after them) or looking for social/financial advantage.

Gainsaying that, men and women stray for the same reason – they want to. It’s just that their wants tend to be different.

The other thing to note (why not here?) is that until about a hundred years ago, men absolutely held the whip hand physically, financially and legally. Now the boot is firmly on the other foot both legally and in practical terms. We see quite a lot on BTB on the site, which appeals enormously to quite a few of the (male) readers who love to fantasize about BTB. Women have the equivalent Burn The Bastard. The crucial difference is that they don’t just fantasize about it. They do it. And all the women rally round them when they do so.

Again there are strong genetic drivers for both BTBs. The nuclear family within a larger community is very recent within man – maybe 50,000 years? Man is the only primate or other mammal that has this - to my knowledge. It is this that stopped HomSap going the way of other overspecialised creatures such as the Sabre Toothed Tiger and all the mega fauna. This is because with large headed babies the human female effectively ceased to be an effective fighting unit – unlike Mrs Neanderthal. The nuclear family enabled HopSap to have larger communities and field more fighting males and compete first with other hominids and then with other competing human groups. Really this was the social equivalent of going from a single cell organism to a multi cell one. The breakthrough that led to us today. This genetic and social change defended itself by the drive to expel or stone the non-nuclear family gene offenders to death. Protecting the nuclear family gene pool. Which explains why the BTB crowd are so extreme.

Thought I would share that with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wash my hands?

More like pressure wash my keyboard to clean the vomit off it after reading this story. Too many holes, leaving too many questions, for this story to be in any way, shape or form acceptable to read. BARF!

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Ka-Pow!

I have to say this was one terrific tale; a real teaching moment. They should put this in a textbook and make every kid read it. You're great Fanfare!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
contentious .

Loved it

this story & The Grievous Widow .

are my 2 favorite fanfare, postings.

please keep writing / sharing / posting .

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3 stars

Confused why wouldn't he get them if she dies? Not his?

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
POOR SUCKER .

Loves to hate (his wife) & yet , hates that he still loves. A typical modern day hubby.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Its ironical , ......

....... I just read ' The Grievous Widow ' before reading this . Talk about contrast .

I'm sure the reality is somewhere in between. One can always hope.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
I have read this before

and was surprised to find that either I had not left a comment or it had been deleted. I don't think deleted because I have nothing but praise for this story. I think it was very well done. The idea of keeping track of an overt pubic health menace is certainly original, to say the least. There has to be an element of humor, however dark it might be, in a tale of this sort. Either that or screaming.

I would guess that the children aren't biologically his, possibly part of the package deal with the wife, else why no custody for him even if she dies. But a hint that he does love the kids, just helpless to protect them. I have seem CPS in action and it is not pretty. No common sense in just about anything they do. Think back to the people you knew in college who majored in Sociology and Psychology with a minor in Cultural Anthropology and you have the profile of the CPS staff. Add a few old hippies and you have the management of CPS. The sky is actually pink in their world. So Fanfare I salute you for a fine story. Well done.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 8 years ago
There are more holes in this story

Then in Robert Blakes alibi.

He can afford to hire a PI to follow the ex 24/7 but he can't find a lawyer good enough to get him his kids from a neglegent mother. I wish fanfare had listed the felonies this guy was convicted of to allow the state to terminate his parental rights because that is the only way custody plays out the way it's made out here. And as far as the hippy grandparents raising the kids being raised by hippies makes girls grow up to be promiscuous whores and neglectful parents? So in his mind it is better to keep the ex alive as long as possible so that she can continue to neglect the kids. And you of course understand that the CDC does not give a flying fuck about individual std/HIV cases and a watch list? That would have been funny if not so ludicrous..

As I was writing this it occurred to me that this story is just fanfare's attempt at a wind up. That is the only thing that explains such a ridiculous story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Get a life, or at least some therapy.

Really - before you hurt yourself.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
TEST....TEST,,,,,,AND FOR SURE VERIFY

even though you have to use clinics and MDs.. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I Enjoyed Your Story

My second wife got an STD from one of her many one night stands. If she had not miscarried, her child would have most likely been born with an STD. The STD and pregnancy is how I proved she had been cheating on me. The courts still raked me over the coals. May God have mercy on my soul if I had been the one who cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Immature Nonsense

This author needs help!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Not really believable. Unless...

There's simply no way this Guy could not get full custody of his children.

Not with his ex being a certified nymphomaniac who collect STDs like geeks collect stamps.

There's also no way would he lose custody of them to her parents. Even if one of the parents died, the court wouldn't rip the kids from their remaining one.

So, all of this talk is pretty damn dumb, and make this story quite stupid.

Unless...

Guy is a felon. A ex-con would have issues getting custody of his kids. That's plausible.

Or, way more likely, given this story, the kids aren't his. Sure, he raised them, he's their dad... but not he isn't their bio-father.

In either one of those cases, though, Guy should have rights that override these obstacles. It's weird - the author paints a pretty accurate picture of what dumbasses should expect, if they keep having unprotected sex with random partners while being married, but, when it comes to children custody... Yeah, the system sucks, but it's ultimately designed for the benefit of the kids. If a mother is proven to be unfit to raise her brats, there's no way a judge could prevent a father from taking responsabilities for them.

... Unless he's a known pedophile.

Overall, a al'ight flash that I'm already forgetting about, even though I just read it. ⋆⋆⋆

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Courts

Good ,short, nasty indictment of our family court system. I don't really think this whore would have custody, but it moves the story along. How would you like to be be the other guy? His wife is going to be mad!

IainmoreIainmoreabout 5 years ago
Black Cloud

That was cheery not!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
That's dark!

Dark, but very intense. I'm guessing she is an alcoholic out of control? Their propensity for self-destruction knows no bounds.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Again, this is dark and gloomy, but it has a lot of brutal truth in it. Even better the second time.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

She needs to be put down like a rabid dog for everyone else’s safety.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Think they could fit this into a sixty second public service announcement?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The P.I. shrugged her head?? How can anyone do that?

Marklynda2Marklynda2over 1 year ago

Very poignant tale. Some folks just never understand the consequences. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

Wow! This would be more appropriately placed in the Sci-Fi & Fantasy category. The info about sexually transmitted diseases and how health departments work sounds like it came from a middle-schooler as it is wildly inaccurate. STDs are spread through sexual contact, not by saliva, w/ the exception of HSV, which still requires open sores. So, all that crap about testing everyone is nonsense, along w/ the health dept sending the STD police. Also, if the mom was that bad she would not have sole custody. If dad was such a saint, he would at minumum, have visitation. Finally, social service agencies can only act on child custody matters if they can show a court evidence of harm to children. Being unhappy with your ex's love life choices won't convince any court unless you can connect it to a harm being suffered to the children. If social services gets involved with custody, first options is to ALWAYS look for a relative that can care for the children, not foster care. In many states, non-blood kin that have a relationship w/ the family are also considered. This story is so full of misinformation that it was almost unreadable, but the main plot points rely on STD info that is wildly inaccurate.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure what I just read. But, it was entertaining.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous