All Comments on 'Reevaluating a Life and a Wife'

by TCct

Sort by:
  • 198 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
Interesting and entertaining story, but....

I still don't know why the pi was looking and who was footing the bill. I don't know any who skip search pro-bono.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Liked it.

Well written, she had come to hate her husband, then after he leaves she forgets all that she did and wants him back, that happens in marriages all the time, thanks.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Liked this one

Pretty well-written, original, good read. Four stars, thanks for writing.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

The PI angle seemed out of place seeing as the wife was broke but bar that it was great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Dumber than fuck. She's broke and investigators/bounty hunters/what the fuck ever he is don't do freebies, much less buy drinks and food for the guy they're catching and is going to be their payday. Much less have a conscience and basically write the whole thing off because the wife cheated on them. It's not a charitable works industry - if you did freebies and handouts for every asshole/victim in that kind of profession, you'd end up destitute and in debt.

It looked like it was going to be a twist which would have been cool, him working for the daughter, but then the whole sequence with the taser ends up looking completely retarded.

Broken plot, unoriginal theme, no stars.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Just a sad bar room yarn sleekly told at 'Glockpoint'

All compliments by previous commentators are reiterated by me. The quibble about the pro bono skip tracing seems valid though. The author cut a lot of weepy ' she doesnt love me ' melodrama telling bulk of story ex post facto. The alternately melancholy & infuriating facts were disclosed with ' flatline panache'. Odd combination but it worked.

I do admit to cheesy desire to see sundered couple have one last meeting for closure. Papa Toad wrote a couple classic kiss off scenes in that vein. There is a zen perfection in narrator's total rebuke of Amy. But still...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
read it

and loved it and was something that seemed real. Now if matt moreau and others of his stripe would read it and fuck off with their sicko stories this story would have achieved a great deal

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

This was a good story: interesting and engaging. I liked the bar action and the conversation. The bar action supplemented Chas's tale in such a way that the reader was given more insight into Chas's personality. We not only hear his account of his behavior in a particular setting but also we _see_ how he behaves in a very different setting, deepening our understanding of him. Also, importantly, the pacing was really good.

However, while you stated in your opening remarks that you didn't present the wife's perspective because you didn't care to rehash the same justifications and that it really doesn't matter, I beg to differ.

One thing that moves a story from good to great is humanizing the villain. It adds a level of emotional complexity to the story, conflict and tension, that engages the reader on another level. Explanation and justification are not the same thing. Just because I know why a person acts as they do and can perhaps even empathize with those actions under the circumstances, it ultimately does not necessarily excuse, mitigate, or justify the behavior. However, it's this very tension between behavior that is both understandable and unjustifiable that adds moral complexity to a story.

For example, the PI is presumably familiar with Amy's account of the events (although I don't imagine she has provided him with a peek into her inner life that explains her behavior) and the effects Chas's abandonment has had on her and Sarah. Yet, the ending suggests the PI ultimately sympathizes with Chas. Keeping this ending while presenting Amy and/or Sarah's perspective could communicate that her actions were unjustifiable, since a somewhat impartial third-party intimately familiar with all the details thinks so--"somewhat impartial" since being paid by Amy might pull his loyalties toward her while being a man, depending on his history with women, might pull his sympathies toward Chas (which could make him a more complex character)--while complexifying the characters.

Anyway, again I think it was a good tale. It seems you were attempting to do something specific here with the single perspective account of the events, omitting the voice of any women (Sarah, Amy, Chas's lawyer)--which because this is done so often in writing, I think inclusion of women's voices and perspectives from a non-male lens adds an interesting element to stories--and in that goal you succeeded.

Please know I'm not trying to tell you how to write your story. I stand by my claim that it is good. These thoughts pertain to your opening commentary were you to consider expanding the story or writing a longer story in the future, for it's hard to create mutiple complex characters in such a short story. I hope I have offered you constructive feedback.

Please keep writing and best of luck to you :)

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Nice story!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very good first story.....

It was a very good read.....thanks.

likeboblikebobover 10 years ago

Anyplace in Wisconsin besides Kenosha or Racine ! !

TexasBBTexasBBover 10 years ago
Nice Job

Good story with a good focus on the guys perspective. Look forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I do not understand the appeal of stories

in which one of the central characters (often both, but rarely intended that way) have no redeeming qualities at all. I find nothing at all compelling about a cheating wife story where the wife is written as wholly without feeling or any good qualities at all.

Where's the tension? Emotion? Anything?

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
2 REALLY SMART PEOPLE MEET AND TALK

at the end both were satisfied, TK U MLJ LV NV

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

It was his choice to stay in the marriage all those years knowing Amy was selfish. She was wrong for it but he had the choice to divorce her a long time ago. Just like Amy he was more focused on money too. I guess he was all about getting revenge.

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
ok

Now that I liked and really ther is no other side. Just the fact of what happened

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Running husband story with revenge

StangStar06 has a story about a trailer trash wife and a running husband. The story is same but the wife was not trailer trash origined. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
@ ariesgirl

you're just disappointed that the cheating, lying twat in question didn't get what she felt entitled to.

boo fuckin' hoo for you

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 10 years ago
ariesgirl

He wasn't in it for the money. He tried several times to make the marriage work. He worked to give his wife the life she wanted and his daughter the life he felt she deserved.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Interesting and well written

Of course I would have liked him to come back and shoot his Wife into orbit.

Nevertheless a story that got me very interested in reading more. Think you could extend it - giving his wife what she deserves and reuniting with his daughter? Remember: Nothing is a better revenge than living well.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
@ ariesgirl

Real men and women fulfill their obligations to their FAMILIES, not just their wives and their marriages. However, when the children are grown, the equation changes. The well being of young children are a very important factor in a marriage. Any decent parent knows this and wants the best for their kids. There are many spouses that abuse this situation. They take advantage of the need to provide a stable environment for the kids. They bend the other spouse to their will, by threatening divorce and the destruction of the child's environment. Most of the time, that spouse is the wife. It is her chance to assert her will, by cheating, draining the family finances, or by simply demanding to have her way on every decision in the family. When the youngest kid is grown, guess what? Dad is done. He has done his job and he will move on. Sometimes it is a divorce, more often he simply does whatever he wants to do and the wife now is the one that is left in the dilemma. Stay and feel unloved and frustrated. Divorce and have your lifestyle cut in half. Sad, but there are many marriages that end like this.

I liked this story, but he should not have run off. He should have stayed and simply did what he wanted to do. She probably would have gone for the divorce, but so what? Pay her off, show your daughter the video and let her hate her mother. Keep making the big bucks for a few more years while you have as much fun as possible. Divorce for a rich guy is not really all that bad. 4*

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Very Entertaining Read.****

Thanks for sharing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Well written story

One of the comments noted that wifey wouldn't be able to hire a PI if she is really broke. This is true, but otherwise good, well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hope you keep that train moving

Like your first item, this was interestingly written, entertaining, and engaging.

The 3rd party 'friend' story telling was a little to thin and obvious for my taste, but certainly got the job done.

I found the idea interesting, that if they make you miserable enough and screw you over, walking away is a valid option.

The financial sidecar was all too pat for me, a bit of a fairytale.

Please keep it up. You tell a good story with a flair, and that alone makes all the rest forgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

What a cool story. I enjoyed it and hope for more in this series and more from the author!

jezzazjezzazover 10 years ago

Whoever you are, you can certainly write.

Good stuff. More please?

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
Good story

Couple of 'technical' problems, but for me, didn't detract from the enjoyment. Let's see some more please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I can only guess p.i. was waiting outside to taser Billy when he left

The main problem with this story isn't the fact that the bounty hunter/pi left easy money by letting Chas get away it's the fact that there is no reason to care about Chas. yes the wife's a slut and being married to her was totally shit but he knew that she was a slut as she had openly fucked around on him before they were married. So whatever happened once they said I do is totally on him.

Your first story was excellent this one, not so much.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
NOT the prequel

I misread the intro. A prequel to 'Reconciliation' may be in the works! This is NOT it. Their child changed names...Peter became Sarah, plus more than a few other differences, so this is a stand-alone, separate story.

PLEASE do NOT use the same Hubby and Sweetie names for separate stories, unless the stories are about the same characters but otherwise unrelated!

Sending e-mail to daughter only when he was leaving for another town! Did he trust the system enough to read her e-mails back to him, as stated? Also, since Sweetie is now NOT financially flush, how is she hiring what is obviously a very accomplished PI?

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just pure crap

Waste of a talented writers life, when all he writes about is fantasies of piss and viniger, and 1950s Hollywod crap. Lookout John Wayne, dickhead is coming to get you...Oh wait Marilyn the John Wayne christened with the girly name is dead and those who try to copy his theatrical persona are just sick fucks and shrimp dicked little shits...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Research helps a story -- good research, that is.

Texas is a community property state, meaning that both husband and wife have equal ownership of all that either one of them earns during a marriage. The split in a divorce is automatically 50-50. The writer has probably never been any closer to Texas than a movie theater or TV screen.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Enjoyable enough

You better provided some background on enough of the stories to cut back on possible questions. Personally, chastising readers at the beginning of a story starts everyone off on the right foot, unless, of course, you happened to claim your previous story was brilliant. Speaking of narcissist, find a mirror.

I hope Sarah understands what a completely set of screwed up parents she had and cuts her losses. Hopefully, she can find a good husband with a family that could better enrich her life. You have a knack for creating characters without enough character to care about. If they all died no one would care.

Myhands316Myhands316over 10 years ago
Good effort

First, to the annoying anon. John Wayne real name was Marion you idiot! Marion Mitchel Morrison. Geeze wheeze, and you call the author an idiot!

Now, for the author. This has great potential. I'd have done it differently, but still kept the bar scene the same. I would have related the story to the daughter, not the PI.

And finally to all the other annoying unnamed persons. In this world of No Fault Divorces, where it doesn't matter if she fucks around. She still will get over half of his hard earned house, money, support, etc.! So, yes there is a growing number of people who are saying "Fuck that SHIT!" and doing a runner. And why not? In 1988, my first divorce cost me over $25,000.00 My cars, everything I had of value, my two kids, my military carrier, and my pride. All so she could fuck around, get pregnant and try and blame me for being knocked up. My second divorce cost me over $300,000.00, so she could be the work slut with her boss and ten fuck buddies. Did I cheat on them? What do you think? I lost my Ranch, my house, more of my kids who still don't talk to me because I'm the bad guy. I'll tell you, if I could, I'd done a runner, but everything I had was tied up so I had to lose everything and start over. Twenty years later I'm still trying to recoup from those losses, so if you don't know what you're talking about, shut the fuck up!

Sorry, rant over. Still a good story that needs a bit of work. Keep writing

Myhands316

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
2 Cents Worth

I rarely give 5's but you got one. The story was a little different and straghtforward. Good guy wins, bad guys get theirs. Not too long and entertained me. Some stories leave me cold and ticked off, this story left me feeling good with no loose ends. Keep writting and develop a thick hide if you do.The critics on this site are vicious, including me.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Well Done

Another great tale. The worst thing to do to a selfish cheating wife besides killing her is to leave her. Totally leave her with no forwarding address and no funds. She got what she deserved. NOTHING. Maybe she will catch a disease and live in pain. For a long time.

Keep up the great work.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Thanks for a great read!

Nice when the good guy wins once in awhile

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
AWESOME

Thank you for a really good read. Just what I needed, and just what Loving Wives needed. More, please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
FÜNF STERNE *****

Good one! Keep them coming.

U_Boot 550.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Fine

Story with well written lines.

5*****

Thanks for posting

TGBlondeTGBlondeover 10 years ago
loved it, 5 stars

I hope to see more stories in the future, loved it! Keep writing.

greowulfgreowulfover 10 years ago
Marvelous

Keep writing

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago

Wonderfully well done. Keep going by all means.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
i guess you explained in the Author's notes at the beginning, but

it seemed a little awkward to change the timeline around for these characters. I mean you use the same characters, but change the backstory. I had really loved the first story, as it was a great illustration of how therapy works ONLY when both parties are committed to it. The stand out strength in your writing is to provide powerful persuasive arguments that are equal parts logic AND emotion. First he convinces the therapist in story one, and here he convinces the "bounty hunter". Of course, there in lies the rub of this story. He never managed to convince Amy. This of course paves the way for the moral: "A leopard can't change its spots": OR " Once a cheater, always a cheater". The way he summed up her characterization at the end was so spot on and insightful. The self-centered bitch never understood what love was, and confused a desire to be married with a need for security. It always boggles my mind that these selfish cunts never learned the golden rule. Treating others as the want to be treated, yet are flabbergasted when the abuse they doled out is returned, and love that they took for granted fades away because they have denied it and withheld it from their spouse. A lot of stuff here to think about. Great job, and thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Go on writing!

There are people who can write but can't tell a story. There are people who have the story, but can't write it. And a lotmore who can do neither. You have both, so, go on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent!

Very enjoyable, covering the points, no saturation and pretty much factual. The human nature factors were well explained, crazy bitch lost her mind and the husband was losing his but couldn't, daughter was the biggest loser.

Keep writing!

ramonbrookramonbrookover 10 years ago
I enjoyed both of your stories, but ....

Didn't feel you ended it well! Why is the wife not telling why she is a cheater? I just couldn't get past this so I gave it a 4.

leviayersleviayersover 10 years ago

again excellent, different and entertaining 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Anon

Surprised everyone thought the "pi" was employed, rather than being Sarah's husband.

sengimaxsengimaxover 10 years ago
Well written

Good story with all the salient points included without going overboard. Look forward to reading more from you

Many Thanks for your efforts

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A good effort

But any man that would pick up and desert his kid is a spineless asshole. Man up. Divorce the slut. Keep the kid. Well written but crummy story about a coward.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The wife has always been a Cunt

He was stupid to even marry the cunt. He gets what he paid for! But at least he woke up, better late then never.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 10 years ago
one more thing

The only good part was his explanation about her at the end. Too bad it took him a lifetime to figure that out.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 10 years ago
Good Story

And a good read. Most men wouldn't have the guts to do what Chas did. Most are too committed to the money and possessions. And most couldn't see that what he did was the best revenge he could impart.

I feel that Chas tried to make the best of his married life especially after Sharon was born. He tried to fix and repair the marriage so the fault was all on the wife.

How many of us have stayed in a situation because we hoped it would get better or even because it was comfortable and known?

As to the charge of deserting his daughter, Sharon would have been about 20 years old at the time he left with her education paid for. Not desertion as I see it.

Woodmanone

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

And original! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
? ? ?

Why is this guy still trying to find him if there is no money to get paid?

Does he love his daughter? Could of made it more plain.....bill

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
More!!

Please continue writing. I welcome new stories to this forum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Not a bad story (and please continue writing), but what the fuck is up with story consistency? In the first story the couple had a son called Peter. In this continuation, it's suddenly a girl called Sarah. I hope they didn't do a sex change surgery on the child!

SigintSigintabout 10 years ago
Hmmm. Anonymous Has A Good Point

"Why is this guy still trying to find him if there is no money to get paid?"

Sure is an awful lot of beer to drink when carrying a piece; let alone without a ccw. I figure without as applying for one would give him away. Carrying his old one would be contrary to what he told us about leaving his past behind.

But quite a damn fine tale. Do come back.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Dead on!

Great paragraph at the end!

"Women like her don't really know what love is, Robbie. They love themselves and they love the things other people provide for them. They are users and are incapable of thinking of others..."

There are men like this too, shitty people suck! Too bad most of us get married when we are young and inexperienced in life. Marriage is a crap shoot for most of us, some get lucky, most do not...

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 10 years ago
torchthebitch forever!

I loved it...Five Stars!

snathsnathover 9 years ago
A part of it is there for everyone

As a stand alone story, I found it quite realistic. Further, I am afraid, there is a part of this story for every man who are over the hill . Cheating or no cheating, a man needs a willing wife at the end of the day, whatever may be the age. Liked the story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Still married to the bitch?

If she never filed for abandonment , and lost everything . He gave up a life for what? And he is still married to the shrew.? Has a daughter he hasn't seen . So what kind of life is he living. A life well lived is the answer but in his case he is suffering for what end?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
she cheated on Chas while engaged BUT he STILL married her?

The problem with the story is that the level of intelligence displayed by Chas / Bill is pretty high. He appears to be extremely smart and savvy with regard to make investments... Tax avoidance... and business in general. At the end of the story his assessment of his wife's character appears to be spot on.

That sort of person requires a level of intelligence and the ability to assess other people's character. Yet throughout the entire story of the marriage Chas / Bill goes out of his way to make the most amazingly inept stupid unjustifiable irrational decisions about their marriage.

The incongruity here is just too hard to accept

EXAMPLE 1

while engaged in college Amy is Caught seeing / fucking another man. She lied about it to Chas when he first confronted her... then lied about it after he presented the evidence. Amy then she got her friends to call and harass Chas/ Bill about it.

EXAMPLE 2.. If that isn't bad enough she never admitted to it. Yet Chas / Bill marries her ? WHAT?? this make NO god dam fucking sense .

EXAMPLE 3 ...Take the 50th birthday gift disaster incident. Ok the wife didnt like it. It happens but Chas DID make an serious effort to find the right gift. He could have explained to Amy the effort he made to get the gift .

EXAMPLE 4... Her reaction to his citing their mutually agreed to procedure of how to deal with marriage issues " shove the rules up your ass" SHOULD of ended the marriage right then

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Aaah, HIV, when are you gonna learn?

Nobody except other demented idiots really care what you think.

I read the first bit of your response and moved on.

This is a story. It's somebody's verbal expression of an idea. Funny thing is, it happens that way anyway, even to intelligent people. We all want to think the best of those people we want in our lives, until we are proven to be mistaken or misguided.

What really mattered here, was that the protagonist found a path that gave him self respect and justice... and it's no accident that that path TOTALLY EXCLUDED the lawyers and courts. NOBODY wins going down that path except the lawyers themselves.

The truly tragic victim of this story was the daughter alone, but guess what; if it was all laid in front of her, then she could only blame her mother and the law. The legal framework we have here in this country precludes any other outcome that does not punish the cheated, and usually leaves the male footing the bill anyway, no matter who is at fault. And guess what? even going down that path usually causes damage to other family relationships anyway.

This tale shows another path, and if I were in Chas/Bill's shoes, a path that I would prefer myself.

Well done author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

Interesting story with a nice twist - 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very good, but ...

I just didn't connect with him.

Also, if he bought the property under a corporation, and the PI knew it, they'd pounce on it. Keeping hold of that property was his 2nd mistake. He already mentioned contacting his daughter.

I never understood why the PI claimed the right to bring him in. That tazer incident could have cost him time for kidnapping.

Finally, this paragraph was a work or art:

Women like her don't really know what love is, Robbie. They love themselves and they love the things other people provide for them. They are users and are incapable of thinking of others.

That describes my brother's wife.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
He became another version of his wife

"When I left, I decided to only ever do things for myself from that point on."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
rightbank, you silly cunt!

Even if Chas changed, he never stooped to Amy's level of debauchery; he simply cut her off by ceasing her self-proclaimed entitlement to his assets. She couldn't live up to her half of the marriage so he solved the problem in a manner which served justice to his situation. Lastly, go fuck yourself...

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Fine story...

...interestingly told. I agree with many readers - deserves 5*

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Huh

So...let me get this straight.

Bill, in the introduction, ignores, threatens, and punches a guy in the face...

And he has the unmitigated balls to take the investigator to task for a lack of manners.

And a trained investigator didn't notice a gun.

He may have been dumped on but this guy is a fucktard. He is treating other people with the same respect his wife has shown him.

Maybe his daughter should stay in Dallas.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I GUESS THE BIG PICTURE

is not as good as the real one. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Dear anon e mouse

thanks for the suggestion.

may I return the sentiment?

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Best Paragraph Ever!

Wow, you have written one of the best paragraphs that I ever read on this site. "Women like her don't really know what love is,..." There is more punch in that one paragraph than in a professional boxing match. That paragraph alone gives this story a high 5.

As to the story, she cheated when they were engaged, so why marry a cheater? Cheaters cheat, that is what they do. If he dumped her then, he would have saved himself a lot of heartbreak in a lousy marriage. I never understand how they take them back.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
so he married a cheater

And then was surprised when she cheated. Hey it could happen.

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
cool

There are good stories and there are better stories but, this one was close to being a great story. I really enjoyed it a lot so much so I stayed up well past my bedtime just to finish reading it. good job.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Another classic LW story

TCct, you did it again. A well crafted and thorough storyline. A fresh addition to a category that has become a cliche ridden parody of itself.

And I am most excited at the results of applying my experiment to gender reverse the dialogues in this genre.

The quality of your writing skills is of great assistance.

Thank you.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Well

That's what happens to a cheating worthless cunt when she cheats on good man. Fuck her.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Not Bad

Re: your first story – I agree with you that anything she had to say was meaningless; once it came out that she was STILL cheating while supposedly wanting to stay married, her words would have meant less than nothing.

As for this story, I agree with those who say he never should have married her after she cheated on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

Great job, keep writing.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE GOOD GUY GETS AWAYS, WINS

and keeps what he holds most dear. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
re: anonymous-I do not understand the appeal of stories

You described exactly what I would say about the swinging and cuckold stories that dominate the loving wives category. It's no surprise a cuckie like you would say that about this story. Well I disagree and gave this story a well deserved 5 stars. We need more authors like this to give loving wives some meaning. Excellent story author. Keep them coming. There are many of us that welcome authors like you. Thanks for a good read. 5* (ML)

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Nicely Done

Obviously he should never have gotten back together again with her after the initial cheating event and the moment she decided to put him on short rations she should have hired the PI. I really do not understand how a No-fault law is good for the community.

As I understood the original idea was to stop tieing up courts with long trials but that does not seem to be happening.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
tieing up courts

So now in the age of no-fault instead of tieing up courts with long trials they are tied up with many trials, given the 50% divorce rate.

Brilliant!

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleabout 9 years ago
Baydog is reading in the wrong catagory.

So called extra marital fun, swinging and sharing are practiced and wanted by a vast minority of married people and therefore these are fetishes. Fetishes belong in fetish section. Loving wife's should either be about unwilling cuckolds or actual loving wives. Almost all unwilling cuckolds will want a divorce and retribution and revenge, maybe reconciliation under the right circumstances. Most people consider beef, pork, chicken, etc. to be meat. Your reasoning is to try to force the majority of meat eaters to like dead rat. This is why your fetishes get low scores. Most people find them distasteful. You would be happier knowing where to go to read and write and the huge majority of people who value marriage would not have to eat or even smell dead rat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 stars

for this tale of poetic justice, and screwing the court/justices/judges systems.

5 *****s

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
I take it Chas' middle name *was* William.

Wonder if the older retired couple were his parents...

Odd that he wants a relationship with his daughter but only if she'll keep it hidden from her mother... and he doesn't give her the information that would make that a given, i.e. about her mother's cheating on him.

How many years would you be willing to be "the bad guy" when you've nothing to gain from it...?

Interesting precept though about HOW he's punishing her.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
A SKIP TRACER WITH A CONSCIENCE AND A HEART

very rare in these times. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Smart move, BILL!

Because I think I married your bitches cunt sister.

It was about a 30 years ago I fell in love with a little brown haired girl. She seemed to reciprocate and we finally move from kissing and petting to sex (she was my first) and I thought life couldn't be anymore perfect. About four months after we became intimate, I happened to see her in the car of her 'previous' boyfriend and they seemed very close. When I followed them to his house and they held hands all the way to his door and she went in with him, I knew it was over.

I avoided her. This was in the days before cells phones and computers and I merely avoided her. Of course, in a small town that couldn't go on forever an one of her friends finally pinned me down in the corner of an auto parts store where I was running parts from, for my boss. The woman read me the riot act. I let her go on for a while and then hit her with what I saw, when, and what my reaction was. She had left me and was back with Tom. She wasn't all that surprised and left after apologizing.

Now let me mention this. I'm no porn star God, but Juno (my ex) told me I was big and measured me at 7 1/2" and 6 1/2" around. Hell, I'd never seen another mans hard-on, how was I to know? Since she didn't seem all that tight when we first became intimate, I was curious to know how big her other boyfriend was, who she swore was the one who took her cherry. She admitted, a bit bigger than me. Both in length and circumference. It didn't really matter to me, she seemed happy enough. I found out it wasn't enough so she'd went back.

I was ambushed. She caught me at a local basketball game I'd went to watch and she got me in the foyer. With no way of leaving, I let her have her say. She loved me, blah blah blah, she just hadn't broken it off with Tom yet, and when I saw them, that's what she was doing. She saw the look on my face and admitted they had one last fuck but it was over.

Like an idiot, remember, she'd taken my cherry and was my first love, I took her back. We married 9 months later and it went great for four years. Then a buddy told me he'd seen Juno with Tom the day before, leaving a movie theatre in a town about 75 miles north of us. Damn, so that's what she was doing while I worked 12 hour days, trying to get us ahead where we could buy our first home. My boss put all my overtime into an account so that I could surprise her in about 3 more years if the overtime kept coming.

I actually paid another friend who she didn't know, to follow her. It only cost me a few hundred dollars and 3 cases of beer. I gave Donnie my nice Nikon camera with a telephoto lens and he came back about a week later with the evidence I needed. Not just going to lunches and movies, but also to Tom's house. And he had the pictures. Most of them in the back seat of Tom's Camaro. You couldn't see Xrated stuff but you could see he was between her legs and there was no hiding what was happening.

I thanked Donnie and took the pictures he'd had developed, there were duplicates of them all and laid them out on the hood of my truck, seeing my marriage was never really a marriage. We didn't have much so I made my plan in that instant. I stopped by my Boss's house and explained. He was sorry to accept my resignation but promised a letter of recommendation would be ready the next day and I could pick it up at his office along with my final paycheck. I went home and tried to act the loving husband, for the first time without touching or even talking to Juno because I just couldn't do it. She was concerned and wondered if I was angry with her over something. You think?!!!

The next morning I went to work as normal, but picked up my check and recommendation, then went to the bank and cleaned out my 'secret' saving account, in cash. By the time I went back home, I was in luck, she was gone, presumably on a date once again. I packed my bags with the little stuff I had that was mine only, then laid out the pictures I had in a long line on the kitchen table. On the final one, with her entering Tom's house, I left my wedding ring on it , cut in two pieces. Then I left.

It's been 25 years since that happened. I never divorced her and didn't leave a forwarding address for her to send papers to me. I hope she filed something and had our marriage annulled but am not sure. I found out it wasn't long after I left, she moved in with Tom since she didn't have a job. That lasted only a couple months and she moved back home to her parents, about 800 miles away.

Me? I'm in a relationship with another woman who was cheated upon. Neither of us wanted marriage, but we have two kids, both about to enter college. We'll be home alone for the first time in decades and I can't wait to start chasing her around the house naked again, because even at 45, she is a stone cold hottie!

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
No Comment

This says it all perfectly:

"Women like her don't really know what love is, Robbie. They love themselves and they love the things other people provide for them. They are users and are incapable of thinking of others. They are greedy and ugly and deserve any misery they bring on themselves through their abuse of others. If she was sorry she wouldn't keep fucking other men. She is sorry only that she is not being provided for, that people might know the truth about her. She is sorry she got caught and that the money has dried up. If she were truly sorry, she might consider the feelings of her daughter and the fact that she is suffering without a relationship with her father. She might consider what she has put her husband through and leave him alone. She doesn't deserve him but she won't acknowledge that. In her warped, sick little world, she is the center of the universe and reality, responsibility, love, respect and honesty only apply if they suit her purposes. He and his daughter deserve better don't you think?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Good one! Just FYI, in the interest of accuracy, there is no alimony in Texas.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
true anon

But, while they might not have alimony, I understand they do have something called maintenance. You know an amount large enough to pay the mortgage, taxes, utilities, insurance, living expenses, and a little thrown in for miscellaneous. And child support.

spud65spud65almost 9 years ago
To Rightbank

True, Texas like many other states has Spousal Maintenance, but it differs from classic alimony by having a set life, such as two years. Court ordered alimony generally continues until remarriage or death.

Kate12345675Kate12345675over 8 years ago
5 Stars

Just a fun read !

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Taser

At some point he is going to have to put that Taser away. Isn’t he afraid of it being shoved up his ass?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

bad. pretty stupid. full of holes.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 8 years ago
one up

If you think Texas is bad you need to check out Louisiana. It is not alimony it is all the money regardless of the man's circumstances. On this side of the Sabine river the woman wins big time 80 % of the time, but it is steadily getting better. Liked the story , for me it was a good read and had a lot of narrative that I agree with. There is no excuse to cheat when divorce is so easy to get, for the woman at least.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous