All Comments on 'Reading poetry as masochism'

by LesseloovesPeter

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
As usual

You say so much with so few word. This one is very disturbing for me. Maybe just because I haven't seen this much darkness from you. From old king with fair maiden to cro-magnon campfire orgies to this one - that's a hell of a range dear lady.

LesseloovesPeterLesseloovesPeterover 10 years agoAuthor

Sometimes I write from the brain and sometimes I write from the heart.

Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
And sometimes with both.

I think I take this site too seriously. When you start caring about people that you really don't know and interpreting poetry in a way that causes alarm or makes you concerned or upset - well damn. Deep sigh. I guess I just can't imiagine writing so darkly with out being on the edge. Crap. Sorry.

LesseloovesPeterLesseloovesPeterover 10 years agoAuthor

Writing is a release. Not just for me. We never know, as our words tumble into the ether who will see them and what effect they'll have. Some can raise our spirits and some can crush them... We say it's up to us to care for ourselves and temper our responses but in reality, we all need someone, we have no control over how we feel. We try, oh we try, but somethings can never be controlled.

Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
Way over my head

Well - maybe. The things I read are written by real people, who for some reason or another have generated some feelings on my part. Friendship, kinship,sense of understanding, respect, even affection. (Wow). When I see something like your poem it is hard to separate the reaction to the words from the concern over what generated them from a real human being who actually exists out there in real time. I guess. I dunno. I need to do some pulling back, methinks.

Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
HaHaHa

I just realized that reading some of this poetry is a form of masochism for me!

Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
Okay. Time for an old bear to hibernate

Good night, patient lady.

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 10 years ago
Words

Like razors

Slice her heart ......

This was the best stanza , Lesse , this works but then it goes downhill , at least for me : 5-ed !

todski28todski28over 10 years ago
I think

if you make the first stanza last

So it reads

Blood

like letters

write her story

Pain

like blood

fills her senses

Words

like razors

slice her heart

Then you are left with a sliced heart as your final visual and with the blood letters writing her story it creates lineation i.e you are writing the story for the reader :-)

just my thoughts lesse,

press on I love your work

LesseloovesPeterLesseloovesPeterover 10 years agoAuthor
i think

You're right, Todd.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous