All Comments on 'Never Know Where You Find Love Ch. 01'

by AlphaMorales

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
MissB21MissB21over 10 years ago
good story line

You have a good story line here, but your grammar and lack of punctuation is killing me. If you want an editor, email me through my page.

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

miss b said it all and please take her up on it.

EvilpandaqueenEvilpandaqueenover 10 years ago
editor. couldn't get thru this.

Seems like a good idea, but grammar, spelling, punctuation, needs serious work. I usually don't complain considering this is free, but I feel you can't better your work without honesty. Try again with an editor ok?

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

I agree with other comments. I say have this chapter edited and resubmit it. I couldn't read it because if the many errors, it was too distracting.

Hethen129Hethen129over 10 years ago
like where this is going

This is starting off strong but please get up with a editor. Also even though this is a first person narrative dont continue breaking the 4th wall

FloribundaFloribundaover 10 years ago
Hi sweetheart, I think this could be a good story...

But you've got to work on your grammar! It was very difficult to read even though I understood where you are coming from! I'm not an editor, but I could help you with the general sentence structure, if that's what you want - although I'm sure you've been contacted already. x

AlphaMoralesAlphaMoralesover 10 years agoAuthor

Thanks you everybody for your comments and I would be contact you miss b to help me.

MygypsyMygypsyover 10 years ago
Keep writing

I found the story interesting despite the spelling and gramma.

Just a guess, it seems like English might not be your first language

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123over 10 years ago
Intrigued

The only way you get better at something is by practicing. Keep writing and your english will improve!

Despite the grammar problems, I found it very easy to follow along and engage with the story. I like the voice you use. "Bestie" and "lol" from a narrator may be unconventional, but I think it's working for you. However, I'd suggest you cut down on some of the monotonous detail. Is it important that we know what she wore to the mall or what she ordered at the restaurant? A little detail can help us relate to the character (her frustration with morning traffic, for instance) or learn more about her (tidbits from her family, like her uncle saying never to say 'bye'). But too much detail gets boring, and can keep readers from really engaging with the story.

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry...

But there were WAY too many grammar problems. You don't put "lol" in anything but a text or an online chat. I wasn't able to understand ANYTHING. I have been reading this site and have seen good and bad posts, and I'm sorry, but this seriously needs to be edited. I understand if English isn't your first language, but I can barely tell if you speak it at all. I am not trying to get you down, but there is little in the way of actual advice I can give you, except to re-read your own story and see if it makes sense before you post it, if you can't get an editor. I wish you luck, however, with your future endeavors. Maybe I'll come back at the next chapter and actually be wowed.

PS. Don't ignore or hate me just because I am "Anonymous." I simply don't have an account on Lit, and don't feel the need to create one just yet. If anyone cares to respond to my comment, I will check this story in a few days...

Again, good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OK,

it was ok, for a first page,..Is english not your first language????The sentences ran together with no comma's,a bit hard to follow sometimes,,grammer needs work,,,Maybe an editor would help,,and from the writing,you sound very young,almost teen-ager,,,but keep on working on it,,you will get better the more you write..

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Is the last comment

from a deranged moronic grammar nazi? Or just someone being ironic?

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago

Welcome, newbie. Points to you for putting yourself and your story out there. I look forward to the rest of your story as you build a partnership with your new editor.

I would also suggest spending some time reading through the 'How To' section here at Lit. Mixed in amongst all the how to sharpen your sexual skills are many excellent articles on different parts of writing. There are many articles about grammar, correct word use and various rules of writing. They are from other Lit writers and are often entertaining as well as informative. There are also articles on developing plot and characters.

Good luck with the rest of this story and future writings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I have to agree keep writing and things will improve. Credit to you for putting your self out there It's not an easy thing to do well done. I look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Please learn how to spell, i'd really like to not think that a 7 year old was writing the stories I read. Now yes your new, but that does not give you an excuse for writing like you make a living as a shrimp boat captain ( If you did not get that it means you are immature and probably only have a middle school education ), now again please learn how to fucking spell.

Sincerely, High school graduate

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous