All Comments on 'Black Friday'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments
dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great story!!

Thanks for sharing!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
Nothing black about Franks Fridays.....

Sounded good to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
very nice story

there are stories, and this is one of them, you wich you could give 6* or more. Or am i the only romantic soul around here?

henry500henry500over 10 years ago
Great story

Thanks for a great story. I am also a romantic.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 10 years ago
Good Story

Merry Christmas to you too.

oshawoshawover 10 years ago

A very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*s

Great story!! Very warm and a pleasure to read.

A lot better than that Hogue crap .

Please write again ! Have a full recovery .

AMerryMan

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
AND SO THE STORY GOES

life. liberty. family and health. ANY THING ELSE IS OVER AND ABOVE ANY PROMISE, TK U MLJ LV NV

AJPhynnAJPhynnover 10 years ago
Most enjoyable...

...Always look forward to your stories. And anytime I read, or see, anything to do with pecans, I end up with an amused grin. It goes back to the time that a Texan politely informed me that my pronunciation of the word described a bucket that you pissed in, and not a nut. It's not just meanings that differ across the pond!

Please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just my opinion

While I have read many of your stories, I do believe Black Friday has beat them all. It was very well written, believable, not populated with characters who could and did do everything better than anyone else. This to me was a winner.

Thank you

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
What a treat to have a new Q1 story tonight

This one did not disappoint - as always well paced and interesting. Five stars for sure!

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Grat Read*****

Your stories go on and on and they are still not long enough. I love you style of writing. Thanks for sharing I think I will read it again!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
excellant

I do believe I will have to mark you as one of my favorites and go back and read your other works. This one was well worth my time. Thanks

shaman43shaman43over 10 years ago
Lovely

Well this was a great read at the right time of the year. Always like the way you handle your prose. your plot line in your stories moves them along so reader interest stays high. You are a wordsmith. Your stories are so wonderful to read and squeeze the heart with so many emotions. Like in this story how you milk the tear thing. A fiver for sure. One thing I did wonder- what was your rational for categorizing it as non erotic. For me such intense love is very erotic. Such sharing can be erotic. The story is so successful that to me it should be labeled in multiple categories. At least loving wives and romance. This truly was both. Oh well enough. You made my day and I will make others have a good day when I go to the post office and Costco with this silly smile on my face. Thank you for your talent and sharing it.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Nicely thought out and presented

All I can say after this one is a Happy Holiday Season to all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lit rejected for poor grammar?

They should spend more time rejecting the trash that they allow on their site, especially in loving wives. I'll take poor grammar over lousy stories anytime. You're one of my favorite authors here. Never pass a story of yours. Well done. Thank you. 5* (ML)

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 10 years ago
Awesome

You know the stories that make you feel all warm inside and a little less cynic about the world and life in general, well this was it. Story never felt forced or artificial.

Thank you so very much for this great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
If this is an example of poor grammar

Then they should post more stories like it. Well done.

Dubby49Dubby49over 10 years ago
A simple

happy story about ordinary people. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fluff

Made me smile. Harmless fluff is sometimes a good thing. Makes us all feel good about just normal good loving families.

thanks

1zardoz956081zardoz95608about 10 years ago
Charming

A nice, gentle story about a loving family. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Delicious

I loved it so much that I started all over again as soon as I finished. It was nice reading a story about a gentle man, who was no martial arts expert, didn't kick buts and wasn't a Robert Redford look alike but loved his family as much as they loved him. The only bad thing was that it was too short.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Wonderful story about mostly good people -

You know flawed like the rest of us -

Nice work thanks

Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
A great story...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

UprightManUprightManabout 10 years ago
A Bit More Than Fluff

Indeed, a window onto a deep and loving life richly lived. Not highly dramatic,yet very satisfying for all that. Thanks for the reminder that vanilla is also a delightful flavor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

thanks

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Lovely

Lovely, just lovely. So rare to read anything where the ex is not a total birch and excluded from the family after the breakup.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 10 years ago
FLUFF maybe

But the emotions this story evokes are powerful and priceless. Excellent writing. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable

A great story with rich family mixing included.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I loved your "harmless bit of fluff." Keep up the good work.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Very Nice!

Very sweet!

Alaska84Alaska84over 9 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

patilliepatillieabout 9 years ago
SELSTIM said it best

and your stories make me proud and grateful for my own family, no matter how messy it has been here and there. Thx for your insights and penning them in these stories.

Although if this is at all autobiographical, I dont know that Deb is going to like being called pear shaped! LOL

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
Damn! My feelings are hurt...

...the Lit admins never rejected my stories for bad grammar.

Gleefully I write Incomprehensible storylines with a pulchritude of deliberate missed spellings, mangled prose, satyrical sex sceneries, ideological rants and pretentious poetry.

They reject, I just keep re-posting. Eventually, they throw their hands up in defeat and post as I dictate.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“You idiot. She didn't want to go. She wanted you to tell her not to, that you wanted her exclusively.”

HE’S an idiot?! SHE’S the one playing stupid games! If she didn’t want to go, you know what she should have said? “No, thank you, I’m seeing someone.”

LOL, after I wrote that I saw he said something very similar!

I don't think I would have been so gracious with the ex. Yes, she gets points for honesty, and not going behind his back, etc, but her actions were STILL so shallow and cold that I could never have anything to do with her ever again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great

I expected nothing less.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
IN THE FARMERS MARKET

crops once sown await the reapers. TK U MLJ LV NV

Cutthroat90Cutthroat90over 8 years ago

Another great read! Even your "fluff" pieces get the reader deeply invested in the story and the characters!

Good job!

firemanlitfiremanlitover 8 years ago

Not until the end did I understand the meaning of the title. Very good story, you even got an anonymous to reveal his name! You were able to show the ex-wife the errors of her ways, and yet to allow her to return to the family. Not as emotional as some of your work, but still moving. One of these days I will be able to read the Birmingham series again. I am glad you are back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fluff? comment 2

You may write fluff for me any time. Awaiting next one.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
excellent as always

your fluff still makes excellent reading. glad you're back

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
excellent as always

your fluff still makes excellent reading. glad you're back

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
even Jenny was happy

says a lot.

that the ex was able to blend into the new family says even more

thanks.

ThepornwriterThepornwriterabout 8 years ago
Happy

Well a story that doesn't end up with cheating!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You made an old man cry

I teared up more than once through this one. Sell done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic Story

What can I say, "Loved it!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Good Story

Good story, and very well written. "Q" is without a doubt one of my favorite authors on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Harmless fluff indeed

Hardly harmless. My eyes are watering; must be allergies....or estrogen in the air or something. A great read (probably my third time through). 5 stars. Thanks.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Been There, Done That....

....and got the T-shirt! After my wife of 14 years decided she wanted out (no cheating, no nastiness, just didn't love me any more), I fell into a vat of good luck like Frank did fairly soon after the ink was dry on the divorce decree.

We have a wonderful extended family, I love my "new" wife to pieces (20 years and growing now), and life continues to get better every day!

Thanks, Q, for this sweet story. Another old man here with tears in his eyes.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
#2 TO END UP WITH YOUR DREAM

PRICELESS BEYOND COMPARE, tk u mlj lv nv

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Definitely a 5

This was a heart felt enjoyable and entertaining tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

I love this story, I love happy endings

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
We should all be so lucky

Great story in the long run he has it made who could ask for more. Again we should all be so lucky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fabulous

If I get to choose, this is the life I would like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The best

As always in a class all your own. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

What they said!!

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
Easy 5*

I realy liked this story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Yes. Certainly a bit of fluff, but....

... a perfect. It of fluff.

5-stars

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Aack... a “perfect bit” of fluff.

There.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
DREAMS GIVE MORE PLEASURE THAN ALL ELSE

and those need not go to any bank or payments, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
stars

The sort of story that makes me wish I could give more than 5 stars. Human but realistic and for once equally applicable to the scene in England; well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yup

Very fun fluff, really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I enjoyed this story very much. There were no old people dying, alone, at Christmas, there were no ranting, racist psychopaths, no children dying of cancer. Just a plain old feel-good story with a happy ending. Fluff? Yeah, I guess. But I read stories here to be entertained. If I want to be depressed I’ll go read Ann Frank’s Diary, or The Road by McCarthy. Thanks Q, I loved it.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
4.5

A number of snapshots in time.

Nicely done.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
5

You are quite the story teller - outstanding tale of family and love! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Cried

I Cried too. Ya happy? I'm a guy, so you have to change the title of your book.

P.s. I want a copy

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
simply good

A lovely tale, simply told with genuine feeling.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
OK you win 5 stars and favorite your best as I go down the list

Break up first marriage no cheating boredom good

I think cheating a lot of times comes about from lack of c and boredom

I know my marriage ended with out cheating but lack of communication and boredom on her part

Don't know what happened to Amy during Debbie and Janet meeting etc time you skipped over that

But loved the story

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Jane not Janet my mistake

Why I ignore a fee errors in stories

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great

Tonight I read twelve stories most really bad, a couple pretty good, and two absolutely great. This was a great one. Nothing here that was not perfect. What a great story teller you are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I wish this was my life

5 stars

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 4 years ago
Another Feel Good Story

"I just love happily ever after, don't you?"........Yes I Do!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Harmless piece of fluff?

Simply brilliant storytelling.

I've enjoy so many of qhml1's tales, but this one is a perfect a tale as any. So much kindness, caring, and love packed into one story the reader is left feeling good.

But... I feel obligated to warn anyone passing by. This story is so sweet you may need to take an insulin shot after reading it.

5 stars all the way for this terrific feel good story. Hats off and a nod and wink to qhml1!

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Lol harmless piece of fluf

Alot of your stories are really good, they remind me of when I was little on the Jersey shore back in the 60s. This one could mirror my life with just a bit more bad stuff written in. Thanku.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
goodness

what a joy to read a happily ever after story without illness,dying, or adultry.

xtchrxtchrabout 4 years ago
I Disagree!

I have to disagree with this author. This was NOT "a harmless bit of fluff". No cheating and a Real LOVING couple and a happy ending...makes for a real good story. I can always tell if a story is good if I don't want it to end and I could have kept reading this story for many more pages. Thank you for such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Realy

A really good story.

skruff101skruff101about 4 years ago

Finally a loving wife that’s a loving wife

Excellent story

Will have no problem reading this one again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Shouldn't this have been in Loving Wives?

Or does Lut have a rule that if there is no cheating, it's not LW? Loved the story, I'll blame my sniffles on a cold.

Thank you for writing it and brightening up my read.

Alison

Buck1974Buck1974almost 4 years ago
This was superb

This has got to be one of the few I call a superb story. Yes it had got the divorce thing in it and it was done nice. This was the point that you just outdid yourself you turned this story from just plain to perfection . So please just never stop writing these types of stories. You are truly talented and in a class I like to call very respected and very clever and talented writers. Which I would love to read again and read new stories from you and show these newbies how to write a story. So please keep writing don’t go into hiding this site needs you especially now in this lockdown thing.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 4 years ago

I would call it a romance

As good as your best work.

Sorry to have missed it earlier.

Add to my favourite's list

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Lovely romance story. A great piece of work.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Nice...

Great romance story. I would have been royally pissed that she tried to get me jealous by going out with the Doctor. She would have had to grovel a lot more to get forgiven...

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
we should all be so lucky

My second wife tried the jealousy thing. We had been together for two or three years.

We were lying in bed after making love and she said she was thinking about marrying another guy she had been seeing before she met me. I didn't think she was that serious so I asked her to marry me right there and then and of course she said yes with a great big smile! That was over 40 years ago. She brought along 4 young kids.

I had a family again. It wasn't as smooth and happy as your story, but it was mostly good. She passed last year, the kids treat me like their real dad and they are my real children, kids are kids, doesn't matter who's blood is in them. Great feel good story, bunch sex scenes would have ruined it. Keep writing.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a wonderful story of love and family. Another winner. 5 stars

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
I LOVE YOU STORIES

10 STARS! THANK YOU.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 3 years ago
Pierremanvis

Great story. Don’t we all need a bit of good, and happy, thinking in this troubled time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved it. It was a sweet mature romance. People make mistakes, especially when people are older and unaccustomed to dating. I get her mistake. She wanted commitment and went about it the wrong way. The men on here have no idea what it's like to be an older woman desperately afraid of putting herself out there. I am looking at you Mark.

It was pretty realistic. Girls play those games because they work on boys who feel the need to compete (see emotionally immature). They work on men who never grew up as well but who wants them? They make terrible partners.

Look, she reverted to old methods designed to define the relationship. It was a bad gamble because she didn't think through the situation. It happens. Men do the same shit. It's called dating after 40 when you are out of practice. I loved it.

Great solid mature romance Q.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Nicest story I've read in ages. Only 5 stars because I can't give more. Well done.

Bigguy731Bigguy731over 3 years ago

A very calm and peaceful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Glad I'm not the only one who loved this story. Your talent is something I respect and admire. This story has bits and pieces from my past, thank you Q.

bhojobhojoabout 3 years ago

Not fluff. Great characterisation. the mark of a true storyteller. Yes this is not a Tale of Erotica but it certainly a very sweet romance. No footlong dongs here !

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
Wonderful story, Q!

I always enjoy a good love story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
well...

...mostly filler. one star

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Such an excellent story. Such a good feel-good one. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank-you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You are a very special writer and l would think a very decent person. I have read around 50% of all the stories you have submitted and have given a 5star for all except one which got a 4star. Some deserved a 6star but it cannot be given unfortunately. The world would l believe be a much nicer place if some of your stories were presented to a early teen audience so they had a good example of how to be decent human beings as they grew into adults. Good work, always enjoy your stories

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 3 years ago

You DO tie them in a bow!

With poetic justice outcomes!

What's not to love?

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Another good one and another second read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How could one possibly not like this story? A love story, of the first order...Praises!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8947 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...