All Comments on 'Rock and Water Ch. 01'

by jhollander

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
I finally get to say it...

Welcome new author!

You have a tantalizing set up here with the promise of a wonderful ride to come. I'm looking forward to Corrine's adventures. :)

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 10 years ago
such a compelling start!

@justahole - i've been waiting impatiently for your first story submission and you have delivered beautifully! I love your story already. Awesome start. Keep them coming!

LBGrantLBGrantover 10 years ago
Oh My God!

Welcome to Lit! I know you are a long time reader(thank you) but congrats on the move to author. Many people know I do a lot of my reading of new authors on the train on my commute into my day job. I have to tell you I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face looking like an idiot trying not to flat out cry. You have done a fabulous job with your character building and their emotions feel so real and raw to me. I can't wait to see where you take this. I know with FA_JF and STG helping and encouraging you that you are in great hands. I know from experience the difference it makes to have a strong support system. Get writing. I can't wait for your next chapter.

~LB

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 10 years ago
Justahole

What a fabulous username

What a cracking start to your story too.

It was apparent within a few sentences that you have a gift. Very happy that you choose to share it with us..

Many thanks..

Ps....don't play FA-JF at scrabble....she nicks the letters :-))

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 10 years ago
Wow!

What an entry that was! I agree whole-heartedly with all the other comments here - you are a most welcome asset to Literotica!

Thank you for this marvellous beginning and please bring us the rest of this very soon - five stars and extremely well done, jah ;) !

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 10 years ago
oh no!!

That is SO unfair for this story to drop off the 'NEW' list after only a few short hours!!!

Sending a super-pissed-off feedback email to Lit webmaster. They really must find a better solution especially when other days you get barely one or two new stories posted.

That's just not right. Argh!!!

jhollanderjhollanderover 10 years agoAuthor
Beaming!!

If you see a bright light shining in the northwest sky that would be me!! What a warm welcome! Thank you all. Not too worried about being bumped from the new list since your comments were all needed to ride high and press on.

Submitting chapter 2 today! Hopefully will be up next week-and for more than a few hours. xxoo

J

WaterBurnWaterBurnover 10 years ago
Wonderful!!

Hay there gurl! First I have to thank FA_JF for pointing me in your direction! You're a wonderful writer, and I'm so looking forward to the next chapter!

There were a couple of grammatical errors, but that certainly didn't take away from the flow, and the story line. 5*s from me for sure! I wish I had more to say, but you're in good hands with FA_JF. I guess I'll share... ;)

WaterBurnXx

jennyb2492jennyb2492over 10 years ago
Welcome

I really loved this chapter. You do a wonderful job of painting pictures. I am glad you found FA and STG also to help you... It helps to have such good people at your back. Looking forward to the next chapter!

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19over 10 years ago
I'm going to join everyone

in congratulating you on a wonderful debut story. Very, very nicely written, and I can't wait to read more...

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
Masterfuljim

You have proof of this libelous accusation of tile nikking? <:-)

Perhaps some folks just can't keep pace with a brain which is the product of possessing 11 dictionaries and 4 thesauruses, as well as having at least one out of 27 encyclopedia volumes present for reading in the loo at all times whilst growing up.

I shall see you at dawn, my friend... :D :D :D

Hey, JAH.....so happy for your wonderful story. (Bonus points for making LBGrant cry!)

FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago
Wow

I used a left pointing arrow and the rest of the comment did get cut off, so I think Jennyb2492 and Waterburn are on to something there.

MJ- I was aiming more pithiness at you, but it isn't as much fun the second time around. Consider yourself pithed. :D

JAH-so happy for your story. (Bonus points for making LBGrant cry!)

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 10 years ago
FA

Interesting re the left arrow as here is a copy of the comments from the main BDSM page...everything after the arrow has gone.( I've removed the arrow )

You have proof of this libelous accusation of tile nikking? :-) Perhaps some folks just can't keep...

.

Ps...considering myself duly pithed !

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Outstanding!

Fantastic debut, way better than most. Please continue, this has great promise.

inspector123inspector123over 10 years ago
Just wanted to say

that I have enjoyed your story and looking forward to more chapters! Good thing that you don't mind being bumped off the new list because the lit gods has been pulling a lot of shenanigans and I believe we all have our pitchforks ready to storm the castle if the lit gods won't listen to reasons.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 10 years ago
Very touching

That was an amazing story and so incredibly touching! Very well done!!! Keep up the good work.

PlusherPlusherabout 10 years ago
Perfect

Sooo well crafted, I will read all your chapters & be hungry for more, thank you

idleardoridleardorabout 10 years ago

The way that you started this story is fantastic. Not just the scene, but the fact that you start with this intimate relationship at it's end. I'm excited to continue reading and find out what's in store for Corrine.

visioneervisioneerabout 10 years ago

Fantastic, eloquent writing.

CelestialChildCelestialChildabout 10 years ago
Wow

Beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
So bittersweet.

It brought a lump to my throat just reading it. Well done. It is beautiful.

NitemonsterNitemonsteralmost 10 years ago
Distance dom

I had never thought much of the long distance D/s relationships but you do a wonderful job of describing. My twisted mind starts fabricating right away. Of course with hangouts or Skype it adds a whole new dimension. This is great writing. I've read the series but this is actually my favorite.

Not in a small way, I love your screen name. I have subbie tell me all the time that is what she is. And ALWAYS available,

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Nitemonster

Thank you Nitemonster! This is one of my favorite chapters too, not just for content, but because it is the first time I put pen to paper (metaphorically) to write a story. It's been an amazing experience and the support of the readers/authors of Lit has only made it more so. Also, I suspect you know by now I think your writing is wonderful too.

mobytheoceanmobytheoceanover 9 years ago
Catchy

I like the beginning and end frame work for the story. You have my interest.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 9 years ago
Excellent start

I just discovered this story. Very good start. Personally, I've avoided long distance relationships like the plague. The perils and difficulties of any relationship are legion. Add in BDSM for some complixity, then add in distance and it's communication issues and it all together brings on a massive set of potential problems. I admire anyone that makes it work. Just idle thoughts brought on by this chapter. I'm eager to see how the story line develops.

parawaparawaalmost 9 years ago
This will Develop beautifully

I look forward to the growth of a beautiful relationship with your words....

QuietlyMakingNoiseQuietlyMakingNoisealmost 9 years ago
Excellent Imagery

You wrote "Rock and water. Hard and soft. The rock changes the course of the water. The water smoothes the rough edges of the rock. The two need each other to create this beautiful union." and that was an amazing conclusion to a very well written start.

I'm looking forward to the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Could have left out the dog, trail mix and beach at the end. Killed the mood.

arellaarellaabout 7 years ago
Thank you

This is a beautiful beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
new appreciation

I have read this story more times than i care to admit, usually a few months apart. I've not read it in the last... 7 or 8 months. In that time, I've had my own "Robert" enter and exit my life ... more than a few times. The story has always moved me, I have always felt desperately grateful for his existence in her life, and more for the wisdom and kindness in the way he left it. This time reading it, I'm the one crying. a whole new appreciation for the depth of emotion you have written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very impressive

Brimming with passion and emotion. A very hard hitting introduction.

Tess (UK)

ModusPonensLoverModusPonensLoverover 1 year ago

It rarely feels that good to cry while reading a Lit story...

tuckfoytuckfoy2 months ago

I remember reading your series as it was written, waiting patiently for each new installment. Here, 10 years later it’s still just as good as it was on day 1.

Thanks for sharing!

jhollanderjhollander25 days agoAuthor

Thank you, tuckfoy! That really means a lot to me!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous