All Comments on 'A Broken Woman Can Still Heal'

by -Ripley-

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 10 years ago
Keep writing

You have the bones of a really good story here. There is a lot of awkward phrasing, and places where more detail would have made the story more vivid. Working with a Literotica editor could help your writing really shine. You might want to try PacoFear. Keep writing!

Arago007Arago007over 10 years ago
Sincerely beautiful....

This was very thought provoking. We think we live in such an enlightened time, but not everywhere and not for every age. It's hard to know how your life might be different if it were broken at such a young age... And dropped into such an odd environment.

I am just sick for Penny, I would love to know her story, she was brave... There should be a reward for that.

jnettejnetteover 10 years ago

truly a woman to woman's story...the pathos...incredible

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I liked the story. But being from an even smaller and more isolated community in North Carolina I found the amount of sexism, by the school system in particular, to be over the top. Other than that I found it enjoyable.

BahamaBahamaover 10 years ago
Awesome

I loved it! You have to continue this.

blackdragon54blackdragon54over 10 years ago
touching

this story touched home for me, about someone i love i care about. different circumstances but much the same. thank you very much, please continue writing :)

azure_skiesazure_skiesover 10 years ago
An emotive story from all points of view...

as expected, it has obviously hit some raw nerves here and there. I would like to think the kind of mindless prejudice portrayed will eventually be a thing of the past - it's just disappointing to find it still rife thirteen years into the new millenium and in so many countries. Ripley has done a sterling job with this story and I found myself hanging on every word. There are lots of reasons why I think she is spot on with all aspects, including the language, but this is probably not the forum to go into all of that. This is destined to join a select few stories that will stick in our minds when we think about the consequences of homophobia.

why_not_jillwhy_not_jillover 10 years ago
sometimes the real life day to day stuff can be the most interesting

I love it. It was done well, and it was very very sexy!

scarlet_1scarlet_1over 10 years ago
Heartbreak, Healing and Love

This touching story has certainly made an impact on many people, and I thank you writing it. I loved reading about Shae and Greer and couldn't put it down ... one minute there were tears, then laughter, jubilation and oh my, some wonderfully hot and sexy love scenes too.

Congratulations on a job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very good, but flawed

Nice take on the ugly fall-out of spousal abuse, although I thought it was a little stereotypical for Shae to encounter that in a Southern redneck setting. It could just as easily happen in a blue-state environment, and in fact has for at least one of my friends.

Even so, it was an interesting, well-executed story...until the end. After thousands of words that lead to Greer and Shae finally getting together, the way the narrative cuts off after the sex scene seems too sudden. You tie up no loose ends, and give the reader no sense of closure. The long, involved build-up only magnifies the effect of the abrupt ending.

Despite all this concrit, I still found it an entertaining story, certainly more than enough to keep me going through 9 lit pages. Thanks for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I thought this was very well written, i know about spousal. Abuse. I'm a victim myself i can relate to this story in more ways than anyone could guess, guaranteed i never killed my ex husband, and I'm not a lesbian, but i do know how hard the healing process can be. Kudos keep it up!

Mdmegiry223@aol.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Just for your information

I don't know if you know it but someone is putting your story on Quotev.... If it's you or if this person have your autorization then I'm sorry for this stupid comment, but I prefered telling you.... It's called "Mending a broken heart" and it's posted by "Sujana" in the lesbian section... Sujana changed the name of the character but didin't changed the story.... Anyway I love this story so again if it's you or wathever I'm sorry for posting this comment...

-Ripley--Ripley-about 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks ... I reported the copyright violation

I really appreciate you letting me know. I found the story, plus this person copied another Lit writer's story and I notified her as well. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I like how the slow pace it takes to build their relationship, like it said it is always best when there is love XD

The only thing I don't like would be the childhood part of Shae, it was too suppressed and sad. It was a bit too long for me.

Anyway it's really good, keep writing!! :)

BlakeMurphyBlakeMurphyalmost 9 years ago
Loved it!

Amazing story, please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wonderful story

Amazing love story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
AMAZING!!!!

I loved the way it showed that no matter what situation your in there is hope and that you just have to keep following that light at the end of the tunnel and eventually you'll find something or someone that will make all those horrible things irrelevant. So thank you for writing this amazing story. More plz

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another great

Another great story, Ripley. You certainly know how portray human bigotry and nastiness and the misery they leave in their wake. For you, I do hope that this is from a writer's imagination rather than bitter personal experience. Within the story, I really liked the line: "...I can be happy with you today, and tomorrow, and for all the tomorrows I can foresee..." Those few words encapsulate what true love is all about. The one let-down was that I thought the story ended a little abruptly but, hell, why carp when it was so enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great

An amazing story you write beautifully

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
jennyeatspussy

Wonderful story,beautifully paced, not just `how quick can I get to the sex scene' , one cared about the characters and what happens to them. The spousal abuse is something that thankfully I know nothing about, but that and the religious bigotry felt true, what we now need is to know Penny's fate and how life pans out for our two lead protagonists.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
story

beautiful story, well paced, very well written. hope to read more stories from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5 stars

and another 5 stars for that beautiful loving story ! Please keep on writing ! A fan of yours.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightabout 8 years ago
Even a broken critic can still heal

Ripley, don't know if you will read this, but when I knocked your other stories I still cared for this one. One of my friends (not here) lost her parents when she was a teenager and lived with an aunt and uncle who didn't know how to care for her. She did have a same-sex relationship with her roommate, and they continued to love each other, in fact they still do with some other things tossed in (the partner got married and is a stepmother; both she and the partner have fit terrifically into the husband's family).

I knocked your other stories because I thought the breaches between spouses were devastating to both and thus the heroine should have never tried to fall in love with another woman. You have done an awfully good job of creating truly caring and sympathetic males in your stories who love the women whether they are married or blood relatives or even simply acquaintances or work friends.

Since I always take stories as if they are real-life documentaries, I feel for the man's loss. I don't know how the women feel because I don't know hardly anything about what they go through in live.I never witnessed high school female bullying incidents, for example, and I was in denial about them. I never witnessed, so far as I know, women (or men) falling in love with each other right before my eyes, even MF couples falling in love. Didn't know anybody that well. I did see some couples headed for divorce, and it really hurt when I saw them. That's why the other stories bothered me, rather than the same-sex love affairs. Sad and sorry.

You do a great job of painting people in nuances, making most of them have good reasons and motivations for even the worst things they do. I even understood, a little, about the family of Shae's husband -- they were in denial about him being a psychopath who would have killed her if she hadn't fired first. Maybe he wasn't demented or showed any signs of dementia until things we didn't see started to go wrong. As someone said in a different venue: "Even Hitler was loved and cared for by someone." Yet, when it came down to the last act of cruelty, Shae's husband threw his life away and nearly took Shae with him.

Hope you read and understand this.

Best wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful

This was a beautiful love story, and I really felt for Shae and was so pleased when she finally found happiness with Greer. All through the story I was hoping Shae would find happiness after reading what she had gone through at the hands of those Southern bigots, especially the cowardly husband ( what man hits a woman other than a coward) and the hicks in his family and friends. What small minded bigots they are was shown by the way Penny was treated. We are left to hope that Shae & Greer live happily ever after, as I am sure they will.

Randee1958Randee1958over 7 years ago
2nd

I must agree with anonymous. This was so emotional. It's so easy to feel what the writer is presenting. 5💥's😍😍😍😍😍

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My second time through...

And I still love this story. Fantastic job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the best

1st story I read that the 2 leading to them being together took time. Written wonderfully. Though was hoping that there will more sweet moments. Specially as the 2 still somehow still figuring out on what to do regarding their relationship. It will be nice to try to write another chapter for this to properly put a very nice ending to Shae's story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Terrific!!

Wonderful strory with great character development and dialogue. Thank you!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

I've read this one three or four times, but it is so good, I keep coming back to it! Thanks for sharing this with us!

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 6 years ago
Just a thought

Great story. If you should write an epilogue or a follow-up, perhaps Greer consults with the local North Carolina office and gets a lawyer who goes after Bob's family to get Shae what was hers (and maybe the judge indicted/disbarred, etc.) then tracks down her parents estate. Perhaps Auntie decided Shae was "unworthy"?

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallalmost 6 years ago
Please an we have part 2

I really enjoyed the way the story developed (enjoy might be the wrong word for the for first half), but the story is old enough to be a novella. I would love to see the main characters developing and Shae confronting the bigots that ruined her childhood. It would be wonderful if she were able to interview one of them for work and perhaps even hire them!

You are a brilliant writer and I really enjoy your stories. I hope there will be many more

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Words Can't Describe

I don't know where to begin, the characters, plot, or the incredible buildup. The plot itself is both heartbreaking but beautiful in that the pain Shae has endured and walls she has built are overcome and broken down with love and compassion from Greer. Both characters have wonderful traits but the way they are written in a perfect but not a 'sappy' perfect way. Although it is 9 pages long, the background, character development, and plot buildup is worth the wait for the wonderful climax (pun intended) that caps off the great story.

bravebombadierbravebombadierover 5 years ago
Superbly written, gets you so involved.

What a lovely story, at times sad, and yet never depressing, I absolutely loved it. Even when I knew the story was reaching its finale, I didn't want it to, I just wanted it to go on.

If I really was to look for any criticism, it would only be the overuse of the term 'sweetie', maybe that's just me, I hate it! But there was rather a lot of it.

silverace1silverace1over 4 years ago
Thank you!!!

I have always enjoyed your stories. Thanks for never disappointing!, 👏👏👏

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

Great story, but another page or two celebrating relationship after sex would have been nice.

jimmyjib72jimmyjib72about 4 years ago

wow great work these are the stories i love to read not just sex but a real storyline about real lives awesome work

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
Bittersweet

I wanted to see where the story went but I didn't want it to end. I enjoyed it very much.

julesbabejulesbabeabout 3 years ago

Beautiful story, I didn’t want it to end.

LSantiagoLSantiagoover 2 years ago

I read a wider selection of stories and genres concentrating on style and plot. l want to learn the craft. This is one to learn from

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a wonderful story, the two women are so real it seemed to me and their love made me quite emotional, thanks. Hope to read many more of your stories.

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

A wonderful story, pure and simple. 5 just doesn't do it justice. Shea and Greer had to be an item. Saw that coming a long way back. If you didn't well, glad you didn't disappoint.

The story was very well written, and it showed what gays sometimes have to live with in their daily loves.

It is deplorable for the answer to an abusive husband is not get him angry, or be a better housewife. All in all a great story. Will definitely read this again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story made me laugh ,cry and smile The best story I've read so far.To rate this with five stars would be insuting. I give it a standing ovation with thundering applause.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is the third time I've read this story. I continue to tear up every time. Great writing and such an outpouring of love in the end.

My only regret is that I truly want to know what happens between Shae and Greer. I can imagine it,but would love the author to share their thoughts with us. Awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very intense, but also lovely. Thank you!

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlalmost 2 years ago

Incredible!

Thank you 😊 xx

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I could absolutely not stand it. I tried for page after page. But I found the story (not the writing) to be absolutely awful. I know that's the point? But can we please PLEASE stop beating the dead horse of claptrap religion. It's become a bullshit primise for hard luck stories. And they are all exactly the same.

Move the fuck on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As white male living in "The South," okami1061, I can tell you we can only hope it someday actually will -be- a dead horse. The way it works down here is very much like the stories present it. Violence, abuse, racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia and the biblical "justification" for all of that is very much a part of life--rural life in particular. It's all far too common to exclude "claptrap religion" from stories that go beyond a laundry list of descriptions of sexual encounters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not religious, but this theme is over used. Similar to the (bad husband or bad boyfriend). With the infinite possibilities of imagination - other inceptions for sapphic love must exists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMG... Speechless... So beautifully written.... It's de first time I read one of your stories, so I don't know if your are a man or a woman. In any case, great development, well written and...

Well, I'm a lesbian, and I left home at 18 because I had a homophobic father who liked to speak with his fists, if you know what I mean. So... well, just, thank you for writting this and in such a delicate manner. @t.darklady

123noproblem123noproblemover 1 year ago

I felt like I was climbing a mountain, and it is well worth the hike. A most enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice storey. Reminded me of the film Carol. Well written despite the Americanisms. Interesting comment from a reader about religion bashing, if religion did as it should and not be led by homophobic society it would not need bashing. Mankind has a lot to learn! Editing was not 100%. Did not detract too much from the storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

With the story plus the comments this is a long read. I understand bringing up these topics as it relates to religion, morality, acceptance and so on. The problem is that this story is preaching to the choir no pun intended. Someone mentioned that people in their region are some type of phobic and that may be true. The problem is that those individuals are probably not reading these stories. Hence, as a reader of these stories the main subject becomes predictable and to be honest boring.

In regards to Hollywood most of their stuff is lesploitation. Someone brought up the film Carol. Allegedly there is fear that Harvey Weinstein kept the spicy clips from this film. So even Hollywood which seems liberal will exploit people for profit.

Again write about whatever you want and in return commentators should be able to express their honest opinions; without being labeled trolls or some type phobic.

If you read this comment be happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story is not bad but it should be placed somewhere else. The idea that this is an attempt to paint certain institutions and people as villains is not out of bounds.

Unfortunately, you can't use stories to overcome trauma. If you are using stories to heal wounds and in return find yourself anchored to the past get psychological help.

May you be happy and have a smile when you read this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks loved all of this almost couldn't put it down. Will read even more of your stories, they are really good.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

A really nice story! Is there more of their story to follow?

Thank you!

imadronG0imadronG02 months ago

enjoyed it but found it to rather long winded

ArkingArkingabout 1 month ago

Where do I start?

You have crafted a beautiful love story, one of desire but responsibility, then of trust and lust and you write a beautiful sex scene, I was there with them, a fly on the wall. I love how you have crafted each character, even Aunt Billie.

The issues you gave us to ponder, how some people raised in a certain way have no compassion, yet through their own strength love will find a way. I haven't deliberately read all of the comments, I am certain there will be many throwing stones at you, and I am drawn back to the beating that Penny received. But still to each their own.

I can only encourage you to continue, I loved this story, 5 stars doesn't seem anywhere near enough. I am definitely sending my friends here to read and enjoy what I just have. The short passage of time it took me to breeze through it will leave a lasting impression upon my soul.

Thank You.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy12 days ago

Tears, many tears have been running down my face …. Violence, parental violence or partnership violence or bigoted violence or just WAR - i thought we are intelligent, no we are worst then any other being …. I felt for shae and her horror trip, the religious bible basher and the blindness about violence in marriages, god those bastards assholes of men, sorry but its just the truth, drunken assholes and the outcome for the children or girls or women and the society is still pointing at the victims ….. this is some so cruel

Back to your tale and the healing the trust the love the friendship - peaceful being …. Well done after the evil crash slowly the recovery and the sunshine is finally back ….. thank you for the happy end

🙏💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨🌈

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user-Ripley-@-Ripley-
1304 Followers
I enjoy writing my stories and being able to share them and hear back from people about how they like them (or don't) is an important part of why I am here at Literotica. I appreciate all the kind things that people have said about my stories over the years. Even the critical ...