All Comments on 'Broken man'

by todski28

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Ashesh9Ashesh9over 10 years ago
Salutations O Grandad ---

You were my Grandad too --- the Universal Grandad of all Humanity , irrespective of caste , creed or colour !!!

Oldbear63Oldbear63over 10 years ago
Real MAN

For what he wouldn't do, his revulsion, for how he reacted.

TsothaTsothaabout 10 years ago

While there is a certain honor in being a soldier, and putting one's life at risk to defend civilians, I will confess I don't like the military too much, Tod. I don't like what it asks of people, trying to turn human beings (with conscience, and choice) into machines, executing orders without thinking. It's contrary to what I believe to be the true calling of a human being.

What this person in your poem did, however brutal, is an absolutely human act — unlike what the commanding officer did. It takes real bravery to rise up against odds like that.

Somethings are clichéd to say, but this is something I keep repeating at the forum: it doesn't mean they are any less worthy of saying. A million human beings have walked the same road, and each of them deserves to have their story told, no matter that the actual words are so similar, because what they went through was their own, and important.

My mind will remember, if only for a while, the man who dared stand up for what was right. Even though he doesn't know I'm here. reading his story, I know him, and I applaud his choice, for humanity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous