All Comments on 'Big Girls Don't Cry Ch. 04'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
tranzmanytranzmanyover 10 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you BeachBum for sharing your world with others, it sure turns into a great place! I must say that of the different GREAT writers here on LE, you rank up near or at the top. I especially love the different threads you use to connect your stories. I also have to admit that during your stories I get at least a little choked up as you convey the emotions felt by your characters clearly and vividly. This was a truly excellent read, thank you again!

arrowglassarrowglassover 10 years ago
Too bad it had to end.....

Too bad this story is finished. I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter and anticipating the next one each time. I hope you decide to add some more to it. Thanks anyway for giving such a good read!!!!!!!

Miss_GothikaMiss_Gothikaover 10 years ago
Once again...

I look forward to each new little yellow N on your story page and once again I wasn't disappointed :D

unicorn64unicorn64over 10 years ago

You know I enjoyed the story. Each character is so real to me. I feel I know them intimately.

XXMuffDiverXXXXMuffDiverXXover 10 years ago
5* Lump in my throat

This Story is proof of Why You reside in My List of Favorite Authors!! I Loved the Story and The Love and the Family involvement. Thanks for the Wonderful Read and I'm already looking forward to your next offering!!

AmungaAmungaover 10 years ago
Great

Have you ever wrote a bad story? I seriously doubt it! You have to be one of the best authors on this site! This chapter is among the best that you have wrote. Hopefully we will see a Big Girls/Lost Girl crossover seeing how Dar is cousins with Mark and Julie. Can't wait to read your next piece of work

George1896George1896about 10 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for this great story, it was a pleasure to read & had a most moving ending. The effort required to craft such a long full-bodied story must be a lot but you have done really well. Keep up the good work & power to your pencil!

DYNO224DYNO224almost 10 years ago
What a fine story

It's been a while since I've read this story but it was good to read again.Wrecked me again I'm a sentimental person crazy about my folks.As all good people are my dad is in his eighties and lives with me.So you can see your story hits me where I live.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amazing

I get really wrapped up in the lives of story characters. Its like they're real people, and to the author they are. I don't usually recommend dragging out a series, but a little about Mark, Julie, their mother, and the Aunt in Australia would be a welcome addition. Two other serie's have caught my attention like this. One of them is called "Beyond the Borderline" ch.'s 1 & 2. I cannot remember the actual name of the other. The 'Borderline' story is about the lifetime of a Mother/Son marriage and is also full of discovery, death, birth, joy and pain, marriage and children and their special joys. This was a wonderful story and no complaints. Just a request to wrap up a couple of loose ends. How funny. It is Literotica and the ending isn't really even about the sex!

beachbum1958beachbum1958almost 10 years agoAuthor
Just noticed the comment from 'Anonymous' on 5/22

I suppose I should have made things clearer, or left a couple of big hints, so my bad. Mark & Julie's story is in a two-part series in my story-list, under "Lost Girl - Julie's Story" parts 1 & 2, which tells their story, and what their mother did to them, and how they finally freed themselves of her. It's actually a spin-off of the "Nia" series, so all the main characters in "Nia" crop-up in there as well. My wife jokes about my attachment to Julie, but I think she's made a not very obvious connection; of all the stories I've written, the only one I can't bring myself to even consider re-editing or re-working, is Lost Girl; my own Lori says I'm in love with Julie, and she may have a point...

Anyway, Julie's story is there, and has been for a long time now, my apologies for not making it clearer from the beginning.

TigersmanTigersmanover 9 years ago
Great story

Your story was fantastic to what I consider great character and plot development. Darryl's reaction to being told that his mother and father were someone else plus that he had not been adopted was definitely the same reaction that someone in real life could have had. In reading all the chapters the only fault I found was possibly a syntax problem or spelling error. Taking in consideration that you are most likely British accounts for most differences in spelling, but not all. I noticed that sometimes you spellcheck accepted a word as correct when in reality you had left off a letter such as he should have been she or her. Keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW!!!! Lost Girl

You have a great gift . I love you stories and the fact that they revolve around a great love story. I have made it through A Hero's Welcome and now Big Girls Don't Cry and they are the best I have ever read. As a 42 year old man I sat for hours reading your stories with tears flowing with both happiness and sadness while enduring you tremendous ability to tell a completely engrossing love story. My wife noticed me crying while reading these 2 stories and couldn't believe it until she read them as well. Now we are on to Lost Girl to see what happened to Julie and Mark. Thank you for your wonderful work as we will enjoy the rest of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Lost Girl reunion with rest of family

Please find a way to bring Mark and Julie into their families lives. Lost Girl was the first story of yours that I read and I loved it even it was a bit sad. After reading a comment in the 2nd chapter of lost girl I read this one and YOU SHOULD MAKE A STORY THAT BRINGS THEM TOGETHER. Show Mark and Julie that not everyone in their family is as vindictive as that bitch mother of theirs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story !

This really was a great story. Hot, erotic, sad, tearful, thought provoking and more besides. I cannot remember if a work of fiction has ever reduced me to tears, but your description oof the death of David Sir did just that, a very moving piece of prose. I would have enjoyed the overall story even without the sex, as you tell such a good tale. The only problem I have with it, is that I've finished reading it, I could easily read 2, 3 or more chapters of this, but I guess all good things must finish at some point. Of all your submissions on here, I've enjoyed this the most. Keep up your efforts, you have the knack of being able to spin a very believable yarn and make it hot at the same time. Thanks for a very enjoyable read. Rapier 451.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 9 years agoAuthor
Crossover with Lost Girl: Julie's Story

Lost Girl: Julie's Story Chapter 3 Parts 1 & 2 are the cross-over between this story and Lost Girl, and the coda for this story, for anybody who's interested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
crying

First written story since last harry potter book to make me cry

xiluaxiluaabout 9 years ago
Crying too

My god! I'm a grown man, and have been reduced to tears. I have never posted a comment before; so, this tells a lot. Congratulations to the author, one of the best stories ever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
seldom...

have i been so moved. It was especially poignant as this tale has so many parallels with my own existence...

"if wishes were fishes..."

DYNO224DYNO224over 8 years ago
One of the best

A masterful job from a true wordsmith thanks for the entertainment .Next!

jackh1962jackh1962over 8 years ago

Good story, however one mistake that I think you made here was when Lena return after her Christmas holiday you said that she was just over 4 months into her pregnancy but if she got pregnant just after they got out of school and before she followed her parents when they left England that would have put her getting pregnant in July at the latest putting near six months along after Christmas not 4. That would have been almost 4 months after she came back from the first trip.Unless there are some factors that I don't know about here. Really just a minor point however, and I look often to she if you have something new here.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 8 years agoAuthor
@jackh1962

Good point, and one I should have seen coming. When I was doing my post-grad surgical at St Georges, new quals were graduated between last week of July and last week of August, as was I, not April or May as the other university colleges did (and no-one knew why; all the answers I got when I asked made no sense whatsoever.)

What it meant was that while the business grads were out having a summer and grabbing lucrative jobs, the med students be graduating at the arse end of summer, the worst possible time to go job-hunting...

For no good reason, I assumed what was true 30 years ago was still true today, so my fault entirely for not defining the times scale more accurately, and not doing a bit more research. Using my (out of date) assumptions, that made Lena 4 months +/- two or three weeks pregnant after Christmas, as my wife was (we were married the morning of our graduation), and my daughter was born middle of May, about the time I David Jr was born.

I may go back in and edit the text to make that more obvious, but I'm usually reluctant to edit something I wrote several years ago, so I may just leave it, warts and all, and rely on people like your good self to point out the irrelevancies and anachronisms so I don't do it again.

My Thanks,

Will

jackh1962jackh1962over 8 years ago

Beachbum , as someone from the U.S. I was and am rather ignorant about the school systems and their length of terms in the U.K.so the math didn't make sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me and anyone else that noticed this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Masterpiece again read these stories over and over

Fucking hell you keep making Sue and I cry!

Very talanted author,We think you are the best we have ever read.Great story lines and the right amount of bonking.Wish our family had been so understanding as they are in your stories.Our relationship made us pariahs within our family,most calling us perverts.We were reported to the police by my brother and interviewed by them but when they were satisfied there was no undue influence and it was mutual they actually wished us luck and let us go.We left Welwyn Garden City and moved to just outside Brixham and have been there for 35 years.I believe that sibling relationships are so much stronger and more intense than other relationships but it's not easy and you really have to be commited to each other to make it work.You have to know when to be a husband and when to be a brother and understanding women is impossible at the best of times.You seem to understand these relationships and are either in one yourself or bloody very clever.My grandmother Barbara and mother Julia were understanding but the men were very hostile and still are.Its one reason we love the happy endings in your stories.Thank you again.

beachbum1958beachbum1958about 8 years agoAuthor
@ Anon 02/17/16

I'm not in this kind of relationship, I'm from England, and my wife's family are in Georgia, South Carolina, but mostly Louisiana, although, eerily enough, when she was going through my father's library and trying to put the family archives in some kind of order, she discovered we share two common 7x Great-Grandfathers.

One was a man who paid for a volunteer battalion from Georgia during the Revolutionary War, and the rebuilding of Savannah after it was burned down by yet another of my relatives (boo, hiss...), and the other was a Scottish 'privateer' (i.e. freelance pirate, gun-runner, smuggler, slaver, and hijacker) engaged by the colonies to run the blockade, until the British finally had enough of him and sank him off Savannah. I think that means we're so distantly related that probably half of Europe is at least as closely related to me.

My interest in incest romance stories was originally sparked by two happily married and devoted friends who eventually admitted to me they were siblings. They are the happiest, most in-love people I had ever encountered, they obviously adore each other, and they've been together ever since 'Charlie' came back from the Falklands in 1982, so 33+ years now. Their daughter is my daughter's best friend, they went to school and university together, and their son is a well-respected and decorated combat veteran officer with The Blues and Royals, like his father before him.

With a large amount of poetic license, and a lot of playing with dates, the gist of their story is told in one of the first story series' I posted, 'A Hero's Welcome'.

For anyone who wants to read more about Darryl and Lena, go to 'Lost Girl; Julie's Story, Chapter 3 Parts 1 & 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

Amazing story, great storytelling, I'm glad i read this before the last chapter in Lost Girl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

BEST STORY EVER PLEASE WRITE SOME MORE ABOUT THIS FAMILY

Turtle1952Turtle1952over 7 years ago
Most excellent

absolutely love your writings. Some more about this family would be nice to read but this has certainly ticked all my boxes for a memorable tale.

Thank you so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Family

I liked the story very much. You are a very good writer. I just think there was too much time spent with the descriptions of their intimacy.

RANDOMDUDE9999RANDOMDUDE9999over 6 years ago
CONNECTING STORIES

I HAVE READ MOST OF YOUR STORIES AND WHILE IM READING THEM I NOTICE THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT SOUND SIMILAR IN OTHER STORIES SO I GO BACK AND LOOK THROUGH THE OTHER STORIES LIKE JULIES STORY WITH HER BROTHER MARK AND IM AMAZED HOW YOU CONNECT THEM IM SO GLAD I READ THEM IF I COULD I WOULD RATE YOUR STORIES WITH A 100 STARS BECAUSE THEY ARE THAT GOOD THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Magnificent

Well you made me cry.I don't cry but you did it.In my opinion you are the greatest writing talent on Literotica and probably the whole internet.

All your stories are so well done

I'd buy your books.

oldnhornyoldnhornyalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding

I agree whole heartily with Randomdude999. That was as usual a great story. I kept looking for them finding Julie and Mark. I read their story earlier. I hope to find the connection of their finding them in later stories, and yes a 100 stars for this story.

goducks1goducks1over 5 years ago
wow - just brilliant

i love all your stories - but this one is truly my new favorite. well-written, a great, compelling storyline, wonderful characters and the dialogue was well done! loved this!

5 stars, of course!! please keep these stories coming!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Gripped from the first word!

Thank you for an amazing story. You get my first ever comment on here. Wow!

BlackabbeyBlackabbeyalmost 5 years ago
Totally Unbelievable

I just don't know where to start,

This story (all four chapters) is by far, the best story on Literotica, I was caught from the first couple of sentences of chapter one, all the way through to FINIS of chapter four, the characters felt real, the story line totally believable,

it is a great shame you have stopped at four chapters, I think we all want more,

please continue and bring the rest of the family in, I have laughed and cried at places of the story and I am a 54 year old man,

Please continue the story further,

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Once again

Again I’m impressed with your ability to weave your other stories in to this one. Thank you for another wonderful story to entertain myself and your other readers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

You have done it again, I really started to care about the characters in the story. Ok, the truth, I had a tear in my eye more than once.

You really should write something more substantial than an erotic story - you are too good to limit yourself this way.

One minor factual niggle, all babies have blue eyes and change over their first year, sometimes more than once.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 3 years agoAuthor
@anon 11/20/20

When the whites (sclera) of a baby's eyes show a bluish hue at birth this is nothing but the translucence of the immature sclera allowing the colour of the underlying tissue to show through. As the eye matures and the sclera thickens, the bluish tint disappears. Not all babies show this, but many do, it's not at all uncommon, and is not usually anything to remark upon. I personally think it's quite beautiful.

Darryl and Lena's baby is green-eyed, like Darryl, not blue-eyed like Lena.

DevilbobyDevilbobyabout 3 years ago

Well up to standard BB knowing from the outset that certain names , passages and situations were tickling memories in my aged brain so I now have go find the relevant story to provide the follow-on. The hunt for Lois.

DAN dun DAN. Don't know if that scans. But thanks for another of your wonderful stories.

NadiePreguntameNadiePreguntamealmost 3 years ago

Really a wonderful story, full of love and afection for family. Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good, feel the reconciliation was rushed and this could have gone a little longer to allow for a proper amount of time for everyone to develop relationships with each other.

Is there a sequel where we see what happened to Mark and Julia?

beachbum1958beachbum1958about 2 years agoAuthor
Companion/Connected stories

Lost Girl - Julie's Story' is the Story of Mark and Julie, and is the adjunct story for 'Big Girls Don't cry'.

'Lost Girl' is actually is the companion story to 'Nia', but Lost Girl ch.3 parts 1+2 is also the coda for 'Big Girls Don't Cry', and finally unites Darryl, Lena and Emma with Julie and Mark.

Julie, Mark, Darryl and Lena also appear in 'Rag Doll 8.2.2: Connections, where Nia and Jamie Morrison finally unravel their family connection to Bobby and Ricky through their mother, Barbara, Nia and Jamie's father's little sister.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that I'm finally done shedding tears to this wonderful story, I am compelled to point out a few errors that I normally wouldn't. I became so immersed that the errors were just glaring at the time. One I've already forgotten LOL but you are surely aware of it by now. Secondly, Darryl's explanation to Allie included describing his father as being in the army, not the marines. Finally but most importantly you used the term 'baby juice'. While being slightly less disgusting than 'baby batter' it still elicited shudders of loathing. Otherwise, minor errors notwithstanding you have written what I consider so far to be the best story on this site. Many thanks! You hit another home run...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
4269 Followers
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES