All Comments on 'Terrible Taste In Tees'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 418 Comments
elHosedelHosedabout 10 years ago
I laughed, I cried, I wanted to slap that bitch silly...

... well done!

Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
Another great story

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing. Easily worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Welcome back

Just finished. Haven't read any comments. If any are negative, fuck'em. You're perfect in every way.

snuffymachinistsnuffymachinistabout 10 years ago
I am in awe!!

Story telling at its best thanks!!!!!!!!!

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeabout 10 years ago
A magnificent tale

Thank you for creating such a wonderful story. I enjoy the stories that combine all of the elements into a solid story about people, warts and all. I've known the young airheads that have blossomed into wonderful women (I guess it's a by-product of surviving to my 50s), and you truly struck the nail on the head there. Then, I hated to be around them, now I hate to be far from them (alas, all to common a fate). Your story had a depth and feeling to it that I quite admire. Certainly a 5 and a Favorite as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you for a good reading

I even shed a tear or two, very well written.

art1972art1972about 10 years ago
Tees

Thought this might be about golf. Great story. Thank you.

byteme2ubyteme2uabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Wondered where you have been. Another great story. Looking forward to your next one. Thank You, Byte

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Painfully Irrational

- He was married to a model (narcissist)

- They were nudists (kooks)

- He was rich, but she wanted her "career" so she wouldn't have kids (selfish, kook, narcissist)

- He was good looking, owned his own business, had lots of subordinates working for him, and he never cheated, but his wife was running around on him, playing model, and going nude whenever the mood struck her (unlikely)

- Given their lifestyles, her lack of interest in having children, her narcissistic profession why was it a surprise that she was fucking other people? Actually, it is a surprise that he wasn't doing the same thing. (plot flaw)

- The deal breaker should have come long before she started making her out of town fuck fest trips. (In their relationship, they were so far apart in life plans that should have caused a rift. In reality, they were simply using each other to fulfill their egos at the moment. Him overlooking her attitude was proof of his lack of real love for her and a desire to use her and eventually bend her to his will)

- Not too much sympathy for this husband in what is really more a male artist's fantasy about what a "good" person he is than a story about a cheating wife.

- This story does not really have ONE likable character in it! Indeed the are all fucked up people bent on nothing more than their own ego gratification!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
For the Reader Who Likes the ' Happily Ever After ' Fade to Fuschia.

Not a great story, but for the most part a spritely, good time uber alles read. The cotton candy conclusion was a bit much. How can I, a dog lover , pan any story with an 80 pound mutt rescue ? Can't do it. Won't do it but I will abstain from voting.

Let the Carrie Underwood fans ,who misted up at ' Sound of Music' redux, happily assume the onus of giving qhml1 his umpteenth hot rating for this unabashedly cheesy but equally addictive effort.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
Prevailing wisdom on Lit is

if you want a successful reconciliation, it must take years and at least seven pages. It makes the acceptance better if the wife, and often the husband suffer greatly for many years. Look how much both of them lost by not communicating sooner and a lot better. The characters were all a bit unusual with no one I could identify with. I enjoyed the story, but it did not stir emotions up like the one from the other day about the ball game. The ending was simply too far fetched to consider as an ending to anything other than a fairy tale, or at least a romantic fantasy, which I enjoy as well.. Thanks for the hard work and the great writing. It is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story!!

Very well written. Would love to see more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I started off disliking it; but you totally won me over.

The characters are flaws and they all make mistakes. Nice to see the best friend wasnt banging the wife or the wife dissing the husband (despite the cheating).

A bit too clean of an ending; but well done nonetheless. Thanks.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 10 years ago
Super!!

Thanks for sharing a great story.

mikey_d52mikey_d52about 10 years ago
Excellent story

Enjoyed reading this story. I agree with harddaysknight that if you do a reconciliation it takes time. As Bree said at the end, she was young and immature. Being one of the beautiful people, she took whatever she wanted and forgot about everything else. As I said again, it was an excellent read and will be looking for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Outstanding! *****

I've tried to read all of your stories. But this may be tuition finest! It's just the opinion of an old worn down man. Maybe I've become to emotional in my old age. All I can say is "I was crying like a baby"! More please! willybeach44@yahoo.com

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 10 years ago
Meh

I'm a fan of lengthy recon stories and of business subplots, but there was zero tension or doubt to the side story here (just straight up the ladder like it doesn't mean a thing), and the recon story was almost straight out of the template. Nothing new, nothing you.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 10 years ago
My Holiday Wish . . .

. . . that I could vote twice. qhml1, your story deserves at least ten stars. I am a sucker for a romantic love story and this is as good as it gets. The only one I have read here on Lit that is its equal is Two Loves by Romantic1. There really isn't much to say; your story is perfect in every way.

I love the art reference as continuing theme, also the multiple loves intertwined. I know many are small minded and traditional about love and marriage but to me the mega marriage just fits and makes so much sense. Rory as part of the family fits too. Art, business, passion, relationships, children and pets - what more could a good love story ask for?

Good job.

roadbirdroadbirdabout 10 years ago
great

For once I am glad of the reconciliation Great story Thanks for a good read

chastenchastenabout 10 years ago

For all that I know that this belongs in Loving Wives, part of me thinks Romance would have been better because there was never a doubt in my mind where it was going.

I enjoyed it a lot. Happy endings are good for a Sunday morning.

dylan954dylan954about 10 years ago
Loved it.

Great story as usual, extremely well crafted and a great read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you

It is not often that an erotic story moves me to tears. Put quite simply: Bravo!

SirThopasSirThopasabout 10 years ago
Disappointing

I don't think I've ever read a story on this site that felt more like a rerun of previous stories. The exception might be Stang's stuff, but he's just repeating himself. It's a shame, because you have talent.

The whole "professional success" angle that has become such a thing in many of these stories is more impactful when sparsely used and not treated like such a fantasy, by the way. When it's this heavy-handed and spectacular, it feels like forced resolution or something altogether ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good story, but.....

his life, outside his wife, was a boulevard of green lights. Business takes off, lots of money, artistic success and appreciation, lots of great professional support, etc...

If there is a flaw in many of these fantasy stories on the site is that personal marital turmoil often follows or is fed by life's many potholes. Often this is overlooked or glossed over in the stories. If 1/2 the energy of describing the loss of wife or relationship hardship went into describing the same for the loss of a job, family members, illness or the like , I believe the stories would have a lot more power. You occasionally find a tale that does that, and its better for it.

Just my 2 cents.

This story was excellent, as always, from this author and I look forward to future submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
a truly touching story

A truly touching story and quite real for one to be able relate to! A story that touches the very basic emotions of life relating to love found, love lost, and finally, love found again. It may not so much appeal to the BTB crowd, but surely, it shows the realities in life! Keep it coming! P.S. Thanks for giving it all in one piece and not by several chapters!! It did not stop the momentum of the readers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Didn't care that much for it

It was way too long, and meandered all over the place.

Decently written, though skimming (after the first four pages, I started losing interest) revealed several major typos.

Could have been something had it been tightened a lot, and had you jettisoned a lot of the recycled plot points. Too many characters, too.

Not bad, not great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Lucky day

I knew it was my lucky day when I saw that one of Literotica's top authors had two stories for me to read today.

Thank you, I read then both and gave you two 5's.

I am looking forward to your next submission

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Eh

I agree with the other comments. Also, Bree just doesn't hunt. You set it up too well to kill the marriage. Overheard disdainful uncaring conversation, viewing the DVDs of her making love to multiple people with painful commentary, lying as much as possible at all the lawyer meetings. There is no way I buy them getting back together. Make a reconciliation possible and I'll grudgingly approve or not rate but this is just plain unbelievable. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thanks for the hard work but I did not like this one. Please keep writing

I read all of your stuff and would not be put off by a long story but I hated every character in the story except for the baby girl. I gave up on the story about the time she could talk so maybe I wouldn't like her when she grew up. I didn't like your hero. I guess there are people who have magic with everything they touch in business but I found the T-shirt story unbelievable and exhausting in detail. I'm not a nudist but it seemed like he was living a swinger lifestyle without the sex right before he found out his wife was a whore. He pushed her into the nude modeling with one of her future lovers! Ge do you think sending your sexy wife to do nude modeling for weeks at a time will lead to sex? Why would publicity shots for a nudist colony take so long and why so many trips. It seems like it could have been done on one trip as part of a vacation. And the idea of nude weddings? Weddings bring together lots of different kinds of people; only a tiny minority of people are nudists.

I could have accepted reconciliation but the ex-wife continued to lie and manipulate him to get what she wanted. Hiding his daughter from him for so long is unforgivable. His sex life after divorce was too weird. He professes no sex without love and then has sex with his lesbian friends and business associate. Sorry for the rant but I was really disappointed because your other stories were so good. I will continue to read your stuff and will not vote a score to bring down your number. I can see that my position is in the minority based on your current score. Keep on writing!

kakashi524kakashi524about 10 years ago
Great story...

...you should have split it in 2 chapters, submitted with 1-2 days difference. Easier to digest.

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great Story as Usual

Wow! I love your stories. Even though I'm just a hack and don't have any literary ability, I truly enjoy your stories. Please take the negative comments you get from others in stride and let them roll off your back. Your stories brighten many a dreary existence and give us all hope. Thank you

jacsrjacsrabout 10 years ago
A Masterpeice

Your story was a true Masterpiece, it flowed so well from beginning to end.

Truly a pleasure to read, well thought out, and written as usual.

You write with quality and with great content.

Bev59Bev59about 10 years ago
Great

I'm not even remotely sentimental, but you nailed it. Your story hits the mark in so many ways. Your presentation was flawless and you held my attention for the full 10 pages. Great job. xoxo Bev

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 10 years ago
Thanks for the Christmas presents..........

It has been too long between postings. Thank you and I hope you have a great and productive year.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Unsurprising Great Tale.

Moderately predictable and a great read.

Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank You

This is a really fun and interesting read. I could cast myself in the role - I'm an artist, and I really love all kinds of women. This is the stuff of my daydreams. Thanks again for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
very good

nice story like the rest of your stories,keep it up

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Very nice romantic comedy

Well written and entertaining story. Predictable, but that is ok - comfortable like waking in your favorite shoes. HDK is correct about it being difficult to identify with any of the characters, but still and enjoyable five star Sunday afternoon lazy read. Well done once again Q.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Utah

The end of the story sounded like a Mormon dream (mine too). Another fun read, another five.

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 10 years ago
tedious

Too long, too tedious. I couldn't find the energy to ready past page 6/

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 10 years ago
too long

I meant read not ready

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wiw

He took a recovering cheating fucking slut back - that makes him, after 10 pages, still a fucking cuckie. 1 for sheer boredom and the fact there is nothing lower.

AJPhynnAJPhynnabout 10 years ago
As Always ...

...Another great read from a master. Thank you for all the effort you put in.

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
The best.......

The best read I've had in a long time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
too long

good story but way too long

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story !!!!

The story was told perfectly. I enjoyed the different characters and their interaction. Well done.

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
*****++

Fantabulous! I'm usually a BTB on "Loving Wives" stories, but this one was really to my liking. It sort of sagged a bit at one point, but came back strong. Good read! Cheers!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
maybe not BTB

But more than a few blisters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story

I loved it but I think it would have been better if you had broken it in to several chapters.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aabout 10 years ago
great read

And not too long. You took the time to tie up the loose ends and that makes for a very satisfying story. Thank you!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
Nice enough story

but dull and predictable. Chris never faced a challenge in the story. Everything a man could want just came to him. A good story needs the protagonist to have some weaknesses, face challenges, sometimes lose ground to the antagonist.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 10 years ago
Nice enough story but not very realistic...

... I, of course, adher to the "once a cheater, always a cheater" theory which is the main reason that I found this story to be quite a fantasy. That's not to say that I hate every RAAC story but I hate to see it with a chick as sorry as Bree was in her first marriage to Chris. But hey, it's your story and cudos for it being so well written. As far as the chapter thing goes, in my opinion, you did the right thing by submitting the story in it's entirety. To me, there is no bigger buzz kill than a 10 chapter, 10 page story delivered over a 2 or 3 week period.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsabout 10 years ago
A Good Read

I rarely read multiple chapter stories so glad you did not break it up.

racoon1174racoon1174about 10 years ago
5 stars Masteful as always but...

Truly a great story which incredible character development and dialogue however your editor was falling asleep on the job with the numerous spelling mistakes.

Hate to be a pain in the ass but what happened to the next chapter of Finding an Editor?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Pretty good story....

Enjoyed it thoroughly.

crazycujocrazycujoabout 10 years ago
well done!

Thanks for a great story with realistic characters with a romantic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
not logic

do you think that guy

really needs a chinese and a black girl having sex next hotel room and a gay guy putting his tongue in his mouth ? what kind of friends are they ? some with no brain.

getting the next std from the people who stood closest to him after his wife ????

really stupid why should he change while still angry and hurt. !!!!!!

and then he goes has a unprotected 3some and in the last session of counceling he freaks out again ?? what does he have between his ears ??? cauliflower ???

And afterwards, we loved. he loved what ??? a need or ..... what

and last but not least a cheesy end.

you write good but your plot....man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Something odd happening here

Who are all these commenters?????

moandickmoandickabout 10 years ago
Just great, thank you

Well balanced in my view, enough of everything to make it a most enjoyable read, and not too much of anything to necessitate scrolling quickly through repetitive sex scenes and the like.

Thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated by me, at least.

Dick

john1946john1946about 10 years ago
Great

This was a great read....Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Useless comic book information

I enjoyed the story but sometimes it is a small detail that throws things off.

An indy comic book that selled 50,000 copies every month would be a very big deal that would get the attention of publishers bigger than Obscure Comics. 50K would put you in the top 25 comics most months. The average DC comic sells 30,000 copies every month. Dark Horse, who is really about #5 right now, averages just over 12,000 copies every month. An indy title that sold 5000 copies would be a big deal. Ten times that pulls us into fantasyland. If it is a physical comic, you would be more likely to sell it through Diamond not Amazon. If digital, you would more likely sell it through Comixology.

Like the title implies, useless information unless you do a re-write.

ohioohioabout 10 years ago
rich, detailed and entertaining

Thanks for this story, which I enjoyed very much. I will confess to being totally caught by surprise by Bree's baby; though after that, the ending is pretty much inevitable. I liked the cast of characters, with friends and business partners as well as every man's fantasy lovers.

HDK is right, I think, in pointing out that the characters are not easy to identify with--there's so much fantasy here, both of the sexual sort (not inappropriate to Lit, or course!) and of the "straight highway to success and riches" (as Sir Thopas noted) that the story doesn't engage one's emotions as much as some others (such as jezzaz's recent "Live from the Game"). The reader feels sorry for Chris, especially for the page or two immediately following his discovery of Bree's extensive cheating--but after that the business successes and the three-way sex with his lovers overshadows the powerful emotions that I find most compelling in LW stories.

With that said, this was elaborate and well thought-out and a lot of fun to read. Thanks for your stories!

Cordially, ohio

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 10 years ago
Good story

Not complaining, but you need to watch tenses/spellings on your words.

Most times you refer to the dog as a she, one time you refer to her as a male around page 7

Good story, well written as always. Love the work you do. Time to dry my face, it is leaking again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A good story a little to long

I donot see how this couple could reconcile given all the men you had her fucking. Now u get them together for a one night love fest , I new then u got them pregnant. And your only answer was they hook up again . Too much at the end for me and all those kids.

LancerInLALancerInLAabout 10 years ago
Mixed

Well written and enjoyed it front to back...except fort Bree keeping Tina away. I lost it. Any happiness for her is bad after that.

I also agree, once a cheater. She will do it again. It was not the sex that drew her, it was the excitement. Does she know anything but lies? It did not seem that way.

Val

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Aside from the "Don't watch the DVD!" drivel, too many "breaking down and crying" moments, the poly tendencies, and the nudity,

it was a very good story.

Stangstar06 could learn something from this. If a story keeps building and moving ahead it can be as many pages as you want without becoming boring.

Loved it 5*.

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 10 years ago

I have enjoyed all your stories. You definitely kept my interest. Though I am rarely a fan of reconciliation, this one worked. Keep up the great writing...looking forward to more.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Record?

What is the record for the number of 'first day' comments in LW? Most of the IDed comments are 'one comment per ID!' I was impressed by the number of High Score LW Authors who reacted.

Thank you for submitting! It was not universally loved, but Damn Near! As it deserved!

pkmapkmaabout 10 years ago
Great job

It's not too long if it keeps making me turn the pages. Nice character development. I like seeing characters grow into the story instead of the single minded BTB mob.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Could Bree cheat on me?

It seems the road to instant success is to have your wife cheat on you. Here, not only did this weird man get fiscal success beyond most men's dreams, he also got lines of women who, coincidently, shared his strange lifestyle choices totally and were happy to have non serious, non monogamous relationships with him in whatever capacity he happened to want.

And there was little conflict or reality. This was very much a fantasy. The only analogy I can think of is 'It's a Small World" display in Disney, except that one of the mechanical dolls as an actuator malfunction so now it is bent over and looks like it's fellating the doll next to it.

The only conflict in this drama is that Chris is mad at his wife for straying. She still obviously loves him, so as soon as he lets that anger go, the stars realign in the world and everyone will love Chris again and he will love everyone else. Because huge bald black women don't have issues. Because Korean girls who turn lez, marry black women and have interracial babies have no emotional familial fall out.

I have to confess, by page 8, I was tapping my foot and checking my watch. Your little epilogue barely made sense to me. I had a machine gun blast of names without context, only a couple I recognized so they had almost no emotional bearing to me. So the ending not only fell flat, but it confused me, which is not a place you want your reader to be.

The odd nudity fetish also left me cold. It's like Duna's Adult Nursing stuff: if you are into it, grand. If you aren't, you are scratching your head (if you are HDK) or shuddering (if you are me and imagining a resort full of naked German tourists)

Never a waste of time, but where is the conflict?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 10 years ago
Fantastic

A really sweet and loving story with a happy ending.

Couldn't ask for anything better.

Thanks for the story.

looking4itlooking4itabout 10 years ago

Anyone else notice that the likelyhood of a story having a reconciliation is directly related to length, especially a "happy" one?

Not my particular desire in story theme but was well written and therefore easier to bear I guess. Anyone who didn't see thus coming hasn't read much here.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
long tale

I saw a few things coming as I read this. I saw Bree being knocked up when she went south for her job, then I saw the reconciliation. I also saw Les getting preggers coming too. I don't usually think highly of reconciliations, but you told a marvelous story so I won't fault you for it. Wonderfully written as always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

"I believed her. I hadn't told her which branch I was going to be at, and I'm sure none of my friends would."

Except Sherry, who obviously can't keep a secret from his wife, no matter how private and sold his gullible ass down the river.

I pretty much enjoyed the story and appreciate your effort, but there were far too many "Bree, I..." and she cuts him off moments. In reality, he could just say what he wanted to say instead of suddenly letting her call all of the shots because she'd weaseled her way back into his bed one night. I would have been able to buy the reconcilliation if she'd learned her lesson about being dishonest with him, but after everything they'd been through and all her professions of undying love, she hid his daughter from him.

She cheats on him for years. "Oops. I fucked up." She gives birth to his child and doesn't tell him about it for over a year until he runs into them on the beach. "I know, I fucked up! I didn't want you to think I was trying to trap you. I was, clearly, but I didn't want you to THINK I was." She climbs into his bed nude again when he's asleep after he shot her down and seduces him. "Oops, should I have mentioned I wasn't on birth control?" Oh, her many "endearing" fuck-ups.

Also, having her cheat on him since before they were married, and returning to modeling knowing she uses it as an excuse to cheat when he wanted to start having children would only make it all the harder (and all the more foolish) for the character to ever trust her again. He did seem hung up on her, but it doesn't seem to gel with his character being so successful in business that he would be so easily played.

While I found the ending over the top, I would be remiss if I didn't now mention things I enjoyed about the story. Rorshach was a cool name for the dog. Les the lesbian, not such a great name, but they can't all be winners. I enjoyed M's character and would liked to have read a little more of J.J. I appreciated that this wasn't one of those (all too many) stories where his wife's family, his own family, and all of his friends tried to act like he was being stubborn not to take her back, as if what she did was no big deal. That is frustrating to read, especially when the protaganist fails to call them on it.

All in all, it was a breezy read, especially considering the length. I'm not voting because I'd put it at 3 stars but don't want to bring down the average just because it wasn't my cup of tea. Thanks for writing. I was happy to see you had two stories up at once. I just happened to prefer the other because I found the wife in this story, who it would seem I was supposed to care for by the end, so unlikeable. She did change as the story progressed, but she changed from arrogant and self absorbed to weepy, whiney, prone to frequent fainting, but still self-absorbed.

Cog

Richie4110Richie4110about 10 years ago
Very good read

Loved reading the story and I' m greatful for your effort.

I gave it 5 stars for the way I felt reading it.

DepopuloDepopuloabout 10 years ago

self cuck so I didn't even finish it, well written as a lot of your stuff is, but no one is that dumb or desperate when they're worth that much

4/5 for writing

-3 for self cucking your protag

so sorry dude but 1/5

your other submission is 8 pages shorter and worlds better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great!

great work as always! great plot, good character development and happy ending to boot! thank you!

cueball961cueball961about 10 years ago
Wonderful!

I'm painfully aware that any story where a wife cheats and there is reconciliation will be instantly flamed by some. That said, in real life, it happens. People make mistakes and they change.

I enjoyed this story, unashamedly so. I also gave it the full five stars and put it in my favorites to prove it. Well done.

zed0zed0about 10 years ago
Wimp!

Oddly disturbing "whorror" story, and one of the longest RACC wimp stories that I've suffered (ended up skimming) through. To make matters worse, your tee shirts accomplished a new level of stupid unparallelled in the "anals" of Lit.

I have read some of your other stories, and I can't help but wonder;

"What's fuck is your malfunction?"

Why would you want to start the new year with such an abysmal whimper?

Ah well, I'm sure it will be well received by all the wimps, pussy's, women, and other non-men.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

A great story, a tad bit long.

littlecordeleralittlecordeleraabout 10 years ago
More for the JMCBC

Written in first person to tell us how rich and handsome and important he is - Oh! And so moral!

LOL!! That's hilarious! Just more food for all you males in the Jilted Male Cry Baby Club (JMCBC) to try to rebuild your deflated egos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
like it

good story

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Publish

Enjoy your work, and would like to see it on mainstream publishing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A tale. Not a Nat Geo Biography

I've known and seen certain people exhibit many of these traits. Some, are immortalized in American Contemporary song. As to the "idiocy of t-shirts" I know a young woman who made a similar (though 75% smaller) fortune out of a 2 car garage.

Were there leaps of faith required for this tale to be credible? Yes.

Was this Jack Perkins and "Biography on A&E"?

No.

mabemabeabout 10 years ago
Fantastic

You always complete your original love story. Enough said for now.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 10 years ago
Really A Good Story

I enjoyed reading this story. It depicted life and emotions very well. I do have 1 complaint, about grammar tho.

Tina needs TO BE changed, NOT Tina needs changed.

Why is it that people no longer seem to have a clue about sentence structure and proper grammar?

killerwhale681killerwhale681about 10 years ago
Very well written tale!

Qhml1, I've got to say that Chris Tate and Bree are well written characters, and the scope of the story was enjoyable. I reckon that Boston to Birmingham is my favorite, Hardy Wilkes is unforgettable. Air Possum was great, as was 500 Annies. You can't Do That really hit a live nerve, I must say. SS06 surely has to be cool with the art scene....and yes, you did work a couple of Stangs into the story. Thanks for your hard work for our entertainment. As a person gets older, you come to realize that personal relationships are really important, and so forgiveness is the best option if there is any way to do so.

cladymoorcladymoorabout 10 years ago
Good Writing

You need two things to be a good author, good writing and good ideas. My favorite writer on this forum is the late Josephus along with yourself. My favorite idea author is you. Your "Accidental Nudist Cabin" is the piece that made me a regular visitor to this site.

Your stories flow so well and I never know what is going to be on the next page. I expect that you will get negative comments from young people who do not yet believe there is such a thing as forgiveness. Hate rots the soul.

I look forward to your future writings.

Cordially,

Cladymoor

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
5*****

LOL The story end was a little near to Cmsix or other authors (from SOL storiesonline dot net) but sometime the fantasy may be overdosed. I almost threw away my original comment. The Greatest Hungarian Playwrite (Imre Madach) had a drama "Az Ember Tragédiája"= "The Tragedy of Man" , Adam goes through the history of the Western Culture from the begining to the imagined future of the Civilization (XIX Century) with his guide Lucifer after the expulsion from Paradise. Adam became depressed from the future of the Mankind and Adam wants to get suicide to stop the futurless fate of the Mankind, but Eva comes and tells Adam, she got pregnant. Adam becomes devastated..........LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
a waste

This was a waste of time. 10 pages, rabbit trails here, worn paths there, what dissatisfaction at the end.

The author must have been trying for a feel good ending, but really, all I was left with was emptiness and hollow. I realized, that I'd sat up late reading something that wasn't worth my time.

1*

ValerionValerionabout 10 years ago
I've sworn over and and over ...

That I would never really endorse a reconciliation story but dammit, this was really good. Even I was pulling for them in the end; unusual considering I usually favor flaying their skin off and wearing it as a cheating-whore jacket. 5 stars.

Mostera1Mostera1about 10 years ago
Mighty fine

An excellent reconciliation story.

Thank you,

M1*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I'm surprised that I love this story.

I'm not typically a reconciliation guy, but in the context of this story, it works. Actually, it more than works. I was hoping for that outcome as I neared the end of the story. After thinking about it, I realize you made reconciliation palatable by writing her/them as wild in their younger years, and maturing as they aged. The fact that their relationships (three moms, shared sibs, shared housing) were unconventional also made reconciliation work.

It's hard to argue against a story where the decisions made multiplied love. I wish it could be part of my reality.

Thanks for this gift.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 10 years ago
Nice

A well thought out reconciliation story,it worked because bree and Chris had to grow and change for it to work...Bree to grow up and realize what life is,Chris to heal and understand Bree was worthy of love again,that she had grown.Only sour part was the therapist couple,they ring like a comic book,no therapist would ever tell a spouse who has been cheated on to consider sex.recreation,it would demean their feelings and make them not trust the therapist.It would be different if they came in as a couple interested in an open marriage but unsure,this would never happen with cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Teed Off

qhml1,

Not your standard characters, nor your typical business careers. That's good.

Hard to identify or empathize with such unusual and consistently successful people. That's not so good.

Includes lots of unexpected but interesting details about tee shirt manufacturing, comic artists, modeling business, nudist resorts... That's a positive.

No real attention to the difficulties, disappointments, and struggles for these characters' career trajectory. That's not so positive.

Chris has a serious discussion with Bree about money before they are married (good for him!), but no serous discussion about fidelity and the consequences of divorce if either cheats (an unfortunate oversight.)

Husband accidentally overhears wife bragging about her secret affairs and how gratifying they are. That's lucky for him but not a very original plot device.

Husband arranges to get DVDs of his wife and her lovers, watches them, and yet years later he is eventually able to forget those pornographic images and reconcile. (He's a better man than most of us could be.)

Chris uses images of Bree's trysts on tee shirts and gives them away free. Original and fitting way to make her unfaithfulness public and painful.

Husband tries to divorce wife and is forced to attend marriage counseling sessions. A perfect opportunity to reveal the inner thoughts, feelings, and attitudes of the cheating wife and the deceived husband is missed.

Having years go by before Chris and Bree reunite is only appropriate given her self-serving mindset and reckless behavior during their marriage.

Having Chris' and Bree's unplanned daughter be the catalyst for their reconciliation is a legitimate plot twist to justify their new relationship.

More development of Bree's narcissistic personality and self-centered perspective before we learn of her infidelity would strengthen the story.

More of Bree's explanations and self-realizations (or lack thereof) during the counseling sessions would provide better insight about her motivations to be unfaithful to such a perfect loving husband. (What details of Bree's past history did the counselor want to reveal to Chris?)

More description of Bree's reflections about her dating and sexual relationships after her divorce would lay the foundation for her maturity and changed perspective.

Well written, engaging story (as always) but it could've been a contender for the top 10 in the Loving Wives Hall of Fame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very Simple

A page turner. 5x5

unh0unh0about 10 years ago
Totally agree with "Teed Off" comments.

Can't believe I'm completely on board with the reconciliation of these two, but I am. Seldom is a reconciliation written in a way that makes me feel good about it, and comfortable with it. But you have accomplished that task. This is one of my favorites, now. Yes, I would have liked the things covered that were brought up in the "Teed Off" comments, but I am happy enough with this as it is. WELL DONE!!!

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
I tend to be a very harsh critic, but I always rethink things and try to make amends

One of the marks of a very good writer is the details he adds to the story. This takes time as we learn about comic book publishing, politics, the art world or what have you.

It is easy to get lost in the weeds (I recall a story where a full 60 percent of it was about how a man was pouring concrete...and then, oh yeah, his wife cheated on him), but this story didn't seem to fall into that particular error.

So the writing per se is of a very good quality.

And here is another thing to think about: qmhl1 tends to write REALISTIC stories (though his males always seem to make fortunes post divorce. Think about that bubbala) People have legitimate reactions to stimulus, men can't suddenly beat up roomfuls of men because they are mad, there tends to be fall out for rash decisions.

So I grade a writer such as qhml1 to a MUCH higher standard than I do the author who writes "Gloria and her 12 inch dicks".

For example, a man passing out dirty tee shirts for free isn't going to have a reaction from extraordinarily mad parents?

And it would take a special kind of man (no woman would do it) to wear a tee shirt which has REAL people having sex on it. They are passingly rare.

These are quibbles. I am betting that qhml1 does LOADS of research before he writes one of these stories...and it shows!

Danger09Danger09about 10 years ago
Awesome story...

I enjoyed the story immensely... I was happy they got back together... Yes she cheated but I bet she won't ever do it again. The husband punished his wife for her infidelity-- he divorced her ass. He didn't just stay with her, so this is why the reconciliation worked for me... The wife understood age messed up... Nice story..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8837 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories