All Comments on '3: Scars Remain Ch. 05'

by Spartan22

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
Reader67Reader67over 10 years ago
We got there in the end!

Seems like forever to get there but well done. Really liked chapter 5 but if I was being over critical it would be that I felt this was the weakest part of the Trilogy, at times, especially the early chapters,it felt like a different author. Thank you once again.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 10 years ago
Perfect

Awesome story. Wow.

I have to read this again

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
thank you spartan

Perfect Christmas gift I will do a reread also, any plans on Luke and kaylee's kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you

This is a wonderful tale.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago
My own rambling series critique

I don't mean to sound harsh... but so the run around finally ends?

Story started out as your typical nerd/cheerleader fantasy shtick, but it was well written and entertaining, something enjoyable to read. As the series continued it seemed to have been artificially inflated, the car and military just, well never seemed to jive together well. Coming into the final bits it seemed once again artificially stretched ad padded. Still written well, but not fleshed out nearly as well as the first few chapters. Series started out really well, the kind of dived a bit in quality to level out at decent. Part of this (and this is just my opinion on this subject) is that the early chapters made you get to know the characters, and actually the author did a really good job of bringing them out. After that introduction, the author just seemed to think that we knew the characters and went forth with story interaction but no real character depth or reactions outside of the religious turn.

The ptsd segment is something real, and something delt with by military men for eons, and the author did, from my understanding, a rather harsh version of it, but something that is entirely possible and of course in the entertainment world you usually want to bring out as much as possible, so luke suffered from it in a high reaction sort of way.

Not a fan of the religious aspect coming into things... I see reasons why people going through stuff like this would fall into their faith much more and rely on it more, but these two really didn't seem to have much of the god fearing early in the story where as I said earlier a lot of the character development is made (not just for the main 2 but the rest of the cast). Having majority of the cast come out just short of bible thumpers.... if the parents had started out that way, then maybe theres some crossover for l and k. There didn't seem to be, so I have to put this down as a negative, the author seemed to want them to take this turn, but didn't really think of how they would or why they would, just simply oh the shit hit the fan GOOOOOOOOD HEEELP. I know its human nature to believe in something bigger than ourselves, and a lot of people find solace in what they choose to believe, but everyone has some path that brought them to whatever religious mindset they have is, very few people just seem to go *poof* "go faith". Not saying the characters were anti religion or whatever in the beginning, just that I would expect if the author wanted this to be a core part of the players, it would have been represented more in their coming of age in general, rather than just the obligiatory oh shit need help turn to religion bit. Even the parents religious leanings aren't made apparent in the beginning, but once the protags have problems they sure are.

The ending here, you can see the author planned the general ending well in advance with some foreshadowing and a good plot device for it. Pretty good way to have something like this turn out, and one of the more enjoyable bits from here lately. Ended kinda how it had to, but not a bad ending. Could also make for some interesting background characters for whatever story the author challenges next.

Overall, the series had its ups and downs, but it was a good read none the less (or else I wouldn't offer up my own rambling opinions of it with a *review*). I offer up congrats to the author for finishing his longish work, and look forward to seeing what next he has on offer with only the hope that maybe the character development actually sticks and shows itself more clearly through his next project (I say this not with maliciousness but as just the way I saw things play out, and knowing the what the author did in the beginning if brought to the whole series would have made this something that would have been a truly excellent project).

In the end, thank you for the read, and I highly look forward to your next postings.

Current chapter rating 4/5

Overall finished saga rating... I really don't wanna do this out of just 5 so I'll scrimp a bit and say series rating 3.5 out of 5. As per the above enjoyed it generally but with the problems that I saw I rated as I saw it (and saw what the author is capable of). Once again thank you for the well written and enjoyable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Thank fuck that's finished. Long winded and convoluted 80% of the time.

mick1953mick1953over 10 years ago
Good

A very nice romantic tale, in the classic sense. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
keep writing

I'd like to give some constructive criticism. First off, I have been following this plot line since you started it. So this story line has really kept me waiting and wishing for a whole year! I think it's just amazing and a testament to your talent as an author when you have readers so invested that they can't stop reading or thinking about the story!

With that said I have to agree with many of the opinions here that say the story dragged on. Far be it from me to dictate how your stories should be written, but let me just say that after Kaylee and Luke talked on the park bench there should have been no more major breakups. Moving to Seattle didn't really do anything for the characters. It was hard to feel bad for Kaylee's regression and while we do feel for Luke's PTSD I mean does he love the girl or what? It just was too much for too little.

The ending scene was fantastic. With Aaron the faithful video grapher chronicling the relationship from day one. To the drive in movie. Everything was perfect. I lived the final chapter.

Overall amazing work. Please bless us with more of your writing. But try to keep the storyline simple. The extra twists may not be doing much for your characters. Other than that I can't wait to read your next work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank You!!!!

Thank you for sharing your story. For those that found it long winded, scan! I enjoyed it and hope you will continue to share in the future.

CandleLightExpressCandleLightExpressover 10 years ago
Thank you

Been reading this from the first time you posted kaylees chapters. Kept me continuously looking back for more. I do agree with some of the other critics though, just a bit to much convolution towards the end. None the less it was great and I hope you write more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Thanks a million for this story. I'm the anon that commented after Book 3: Chapter 4 regarding having PTSD. Yep, it's me. Personally I needed a story, be it fact or fiction, that ended on a positive note re: PTSD and you delivered; a million x's over, thank you. There seems to be so little hope these days but as far as I'm concerned you delivered. Kudos!

As far as the criticism about the religious tones in your story, please be true to your writing. There are those of us so lost in this world, feeling as if one has no friends whatsoever, that we tend to lean on those things we can not see. Knowing that God is there protecting us gives us a feeling of security we, or at least I, can't find elsewhere. Thank you for that inclusion.

I look forward to more of your stories and am fast becoming one of your biggest fans!

Bryan

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
*Sigh*

clap clap clap clap

what a brilliant ending to this story

LOVED it!!!!!! Totally loved it.

Thankyou, just a wonderful and special story especially since it went on from Luke's parents story.

Now we have to wait for Faith's story .....hint hint hint

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
EXCELLENT!!!

Loved it!!

VisualPervVisualPervover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

I started reading Book 1 a sceptic. I read this last installment deeply sorry we are leaving these two behind. I suspect there is a good sized crowd who would be OK if you decided to continue their story...

I shed more tears over this saga than anything I've read since I was a kid. That is some good storytelling, my friend. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lacked sex

Good story, wrong website. (i didnt expect a fap story, but condiering this is a erotica site, some sex would have been nice).

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Well written and Interesting series

In terms of plot, this series is a series of cliches. However, the writing is strong enough and the dialogue is well written enough to (mostly) overcome this. I'm not sure why a young man as smart as our protagonist is wouldn't go to college before going into the Air Force, as then he would go as an officer. Also, I thought the Army and Marines were the combat helicopter flying branches of the military. Sometimes had difficulty seeing why Kaylee's character would be so attractive - she was not very bright and sure wasn't well grounded. Would have liked to have had her parants' characters included - zero interaction with them in the story was a flaw. However, all this said, the story is an interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
i'm in a diabetic coma

so much sugar, so much schmaltz. after educating kaylee, it was all downhill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Masterful

This story was an absolute masterpiece. Most stories in the romance section are just about fairytale love. This story actually had the rough, ugly reality of loving a man with PTSD. I definitely think it was a good argument that "love conquers all". It was nice to finally find an author here who can tell a love story without sex. I will definitely miss this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
outstanding

this whole story was outstanding really enjoyed the whole thing

WinestoneWinestonealmost 10 years ago
Wow

Very good story. Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great tearjerker

I have read all three parts in about 3 days and I'm wiping the tears from my eyes now. Well written on the whole and you are a good storyteller.

This last part was mainly a good ending to the trilogy with a good representation of how PTSD hits not only the injured but all around them. Great way to use the filming mentioned throughout to bring it to a close.

The main criticism I'd have is the strong religious theme that appeared from nowhere. Little mention of religion in the first two parts but the family turned into regular church visitors and the main character thinking of the ministry just did not hold true based on the rest of the story.

Hopefully you will keep writing as it's clear you put a lot of work and some research into this.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
One of the best! Love this series!

Best. Series. Ever.

BadbeagleBadbeagleover 9 years ago
Very Well Done, Thank You

Thank you for a great story. Since reading the first chapter in the series it had me hooked. You did a wonderful job with the tale, and it didn't require gratuitous sex to really draw the reader in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it absolutely loved it

This is the true definition of a romance certainly with its ups and downs and realistic. This would be perfect to turn into a movie or book. Dude you got some talents in writing

Hope you do something good with it

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
first bk. was fine...

then it became a schmaltzy tearjerker with over-whelmingly moralistic drivel. at least you have an editor that can clean some of your former messes. i gave you "5"s because you did finish and it did hang together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wonderful story!

In my humble opinion, it was a well written story. We write about things we believe in. People may deconstruct a story because it does not fit in with thier experiences or beliefs. That is ok. It is a wonderful to me. In the end, if a story makes us feel something good or bad, the writer has done (his or her) job.

PedalenPedalenabout 8 years ago
Grhh

I hate you, this is one of the best stories I've ever read. It proberbly would have been easy to finish it much ealier with a "they lived happylie ever after", but you didnt. You threw in a twist just as we would expect the end, and it didnt feel like you where writing for the sake of making it longer. It felt real, this fela like Reading Goerg RR Martins series. You never know what will happen. Thank you for one of the best reads I have had in a long time.

Inevitable_Inevitable_over 7 years ago
Some Criticism

Overall it's a good story but it drags on way too long and takes too many winding paths.

A lot of the side characters aren't well developed. Aside from Audrey and Faith, they all just seem to exist to move the plot along, even after you set up the parents so well in the prequel. Aaron is supposedly his best friend but he barely features beyond existing as a means for the ending to happen. Brad, Steve and Mick are fine. Cindy is pretty well done. Cash, Clint and Westwood are well done for their roles. Kaylee's parents don't even have names, never appear(I don't count the Christmas scene) and exist only as a means to show that Kaylee has money, it's a bit weird really.

The religiousness of the story is all over the place. There's virtually nothing to indicate any level of serious faith in Luke until he refuses sex with Kaylee on that Christmas Eve(it came out of nowhere for me). There's also nothing that really establishes the change in Ryan and Jessica that would show a renewed religiousness beyond naming their daughter Faith, but that's hardly a great indication. You don't even mention that they are regular church goers until near the end of book 3.

I find it impossible that Kaylee doesn't know what PTSD until that psych 101 class, that felt really hamfisted, especially after what Ryan went through.

His final career path seems really stupid to me. I understand the Air Force thing, but someone as smart as Luke should be getting a degree and getting into cybernetics or prosthesis, not seminary school if he wants to help people.

ThelvynerThelvynerover 7 years ago
Meh

Story died for me the moment he arbitrarily decided to join the military. With a 4.0 grade point average and then randomly decides its all about religion? Bullshit. This story went from a 5/5 until the last chapter of book 1 where it plummeted and never recovered. I would have rated several of the chapters negatively if I could. Over all story rating 2/5. And that two is only because they finally wind up together and most of book 1, otherwise it would be a 1/5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
horrible

This story is a gigantic waste of space

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great

This is the best I have read on Literotica... I saw some bad comments, suspecting they were coming from low moral people who read here for excitement... no, this story has many moral lessons, strong character, strength, patience, courage, human love as the Lord designed. ....wish there were a few thousand more....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The best

This is best story i have read here so far. Worth the time spend on reading.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
Well that went down hill.

As has been said, the first "book" was really good but after it turned into a complete misery fest with endless apologising from the main characters, the romance died and it turned into a war story with ptsd taged on.

Shame as if it has been left at book 1 with a happy ending it would have been great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
FANTASTIC

Please write a new story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Really enjoyed it

If this wasn't made into a chick flick I'd be seriously surprised! Well done!

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 5 years ago
What's all this god stuff?

There is no god.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pedant

Prove it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Incredible

I read all your work in sequence. You mentioned a couple writers you thought were better than you. I am going to read their work , but fear I will be disappointed after reading yours . Thank you

SAV12SAV12about 5 years ago
ONE OF THE BEST!!

ONE OF THE BEST ROMANCE STORIES I EVER READ. I'M TALKING ABOUT ALL THREE BOOKS HERE. I AGREE WITH ONE OF THE COMMENTS, IT COULD AND SHOULD BE A MOVIE. WHO SAYS YOU NEED SEX TO WRITE A GOOD STORY?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Best Ever !!

I have been blown away with the characters that you have brought to life. I have read the saga of Kaylee and Luke more than once and it never fails to moisten my old eyes! Yes indeed it should be a movie-come on Hollywood!

And yes their is a God.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Excellent story, loaded with love, and misgivings. How many times did they run away from each other (I could have done with couple less)? Your story filled us with sorrow, love, disappointment and joy and many tears, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

a very well-constructedand intrieging ; compassionate story!

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

What a well written compassionate love story. Luke and Kaylee went through about every personal trial of their love for each other until when it was all said and done, the soul-mates were together, married, with child and getting ready for their well earned happily ever after. This was one if not the best romantic stories I have ever read. I too agree with one of the previous comments that this would make a great romance movie. Well done 5++++stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That was amazing 🙀🙀

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have to say that this is probably the best trilogy, I have read. I loved it and agree with other readers who have suggested it would make a great movie. Excellent work well done, I’ve actually read this several times and will read it again at some stage.

dasnenosdasnenosalmost 2 years ago

Another story here, Bandit, deals with PTSD. Being one of the guys that dealt with it, or not, I finally found a way to deal with it. I deeply appreciate your understanding and compassion. This may be fiction, but the issue is very real. Awareness of this deep illness, or possibly reach someone who hasn't learned to deal with their own, just may save their life. Thank you and God bless you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 stars! The religious comments were fine. I suppose you could have warned people about them in advance, but I had no issue with them. Sometimes the series was a bit like a soap opera with the back and forth, but overall, I'd rate the 3 books a 4.8. Also, it would have been great to hear how the other characters fared as well, but basically a great ending. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Started off good then deteriorated towards the second part. Almost as if there was a change of authors.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

All that build up for like 50 pages and we don't even get to read their first time after they finally got married at the very end? Wow, way to fuck us all, thanks. It was a nice journey although it was very back-and-forth and felt very contrived at times. The ending was sweet but lacking in that we didn't get to experience their consummation after years of saving themselves for each other until marriage, nor see much of their married life afterwards. I won't lie I feel very let down, but that's life I guess.

MaverickXMaverickX13 days ago

I mean I'm late to the party but...I read book 1 and liked it for the most part however the ending left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I ended up skimming chapter 1 of book 2 and then reading comments on the rest because based off the severe change in tone and character regression we had alreadyexperienced I wasnt willing to read through the rest of it, and the comments pretty much confirmed what I expected. I genuinely cannot express enough how disappointed I am with how book 1 ended. As others have repeatedly stated the religious crap that came out of nowhere is a huge turn off. I honestly wish book 1 didn't end on a major cliffhanger with no closure or anything. The warning that the 2nd and 3rd books would have different tones and to "not continue reading if you aren't okay with that" was pretty stupid. Like...we're just supposed to bail on a cliffhanger? I liked the characters, I enjoyed the story for the most part but there was simply too much back and forth in terms of character progression. in the end this ended up being like that Anime called Kimi Ni todoke. The whole first season was about the MC and friends trying to get the FMC to mature and stop being an introvert and learn how to love/stand up for herself and what she wants. And then season 2 comes out and 75% of the 2nd season featured Nothing but serious character regression to the point where season 1 might as well have not happened. It's all just filler and shock value to make it longer than it needed to be and it was in fsct a huge detriment to thr story and just made it frustrating. I did the same thing with said anime that I did with the story, after watching a few episodes of chapter 2 and getting frustrated I just looked at the comments and found out which episode to skip to actually get to the end. I'm just gonna pretend the whole rage breakup after thr book 1 car crash never happened and im just gonna head canon the hell of it and pretend the rest of this never happened lol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous