All Comments on 'TxQ - A Quiet Discussion'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
sesren11sesren11over 10 years ago

Only problem I see, and not really a problem, is this story seems to have alot in common with the just a blowjob series. Like maybe this was one possible iteration before you settled on the way you did. Good story for what it is though.

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 10 years ago
Ya think?

Come on. The man is buried in the middle of a seriously long exploration of about 5 common issues in a weakened marriage by my count and takes a few minutes to go a slightly different direction with the same set of characters running around in his head and...you're surprised.

Okay, do this. It's an old Indian trick (as taught me by an old Indian...sigh. Y'all do NOT get Texas humor.) Try it with your significant other tonight. Tell him/her/a story--we'll use why the wolf howls at the moon as example: wolf lost his mate because he was screwing around with someone he shouldn't have been. Man Above stole his mate and put her in the sky--that's how the moon got there, yes? So wolf sees the moon and howls for lost love.

Okay. Fade to what ever is on TV tonight. At the first commercial, ask your other to tell you a story about ANYTHING and then ask honestly who she/he was thinking of: if it wasn't the wolf or the moon or Man Above, I'll eat your hat without using Pace hot picante. (New York CITY?...anyone?)

So, yes; sounds like Kelly and Wendy a little. Duh.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HERE IS A CLASSIC GOOSE AND GANDER GAME

just like Puddin N Tame....TK U MLJ LV NV

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
100% Dialogue

And very well done! Not an easy feat, but I'd expect nothing less.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
LMAO

Great story! Laughed my ass off at the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So in the middle of a conversation to determine the course of his marriage

He gets a phone call from his wife's "friend", believes EVERYTHING she tells him, invites her over to stay with him in his bedroom while his wife is supposed to stay in the guest room? And if the kids wake up and find him in bed with the friend, exactly what lesson are they taught? That BOTH Mommy and Daddy are bad people because , of course the old cliche applies, two wrongs make a right. If I'm the wife, I video his liaison with the friend and sue for divorce, getting full custody, full alimony, the house and a chunk of his retirement because she HAS proof. All he has is heresay. Well written story, implausible storyline and terrible ending.

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540over 10 years ago
Gotta ask...

Seen this several times: "TK U MLJ LV NV."

Will someone please clue me in?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
over

Dump the stupid bitch.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

A fun read.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Anon on 1-05

Did you read the same story that the rest of us did? After all she did at the party, and after telling him she had never, when he confronted her about it after the phone call, she confessed. More than hearsay. I also think that the "discussion" in the master bedroom was going to be more of the same "lesson by example" from the party. I would guess that you are a cheating wife and just got caught or are on the verge of being confronted about you ill concealed affair.

Criticize, sure, but read the story before you pontificate.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
This was actually very enjoyable...

The actions of the characters were the focus rather than worrying about what they looked like or the scenery.

We're presumably exposed to an "innocent" wife who simply made the mistake of over drinking and an awful husband who overreacted to some of her comments...

Then, courtesy of his description of what really happened between him and her "best friend" and a phone call FROM that best friend we see the whole story do a 180 where it turns out the wife really WAS cheating (and was just drunk enough to mistakenly make it public knowledge) and the hubby (though he over stepped a LITTLE) had really only PRETENDED to cheat.

I liked the payback though it would also be nice to continue the next morning some aftermath...

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Oh!! And one MORE thing....

I'd be hard-pressed to be willing to stay married to her.

Not primarily because of what she did, though that would require some major considering...

No, my horrific issue...? She freaking LIED with pretty much EVERY word she said AFTER they got home BEFORE the phone call...

Lie after lie after lie after etc etc etc... And not little lies either.

I'd be like, "Just who in the fuck ARE you?! Because you sure in HELL aren't the woman I married. "

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
They All Lie

Ambivalence,

There is no such thing as an honest woman. They are ALL looking for that next BIG RUSH. You can take advantage of that. You can not beat it.

The best way to keep a woman interested in you? Have another one. Regularly.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
--> "They All Lie"... Problem there is...

I have to hope that's not true... Not JUST because I'm married (because I DO know my wife lies, I just want to believe there aren't some marriage destroying lies that I'm unaware of)...

No, my issue would be that then I'd have to also believe that ALL guys are horndogs and would nail everything they wanted if there were no fear of consequences...

So that you'd have to accept that nobody is with anybody because they're the ONLY one they want to be with... That the whole idea of loving someone is just some fabrication without any basis in reality...

Call we a romantic, but I like the idea of love...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DIVORCE!!

Just the party calls for a divorce. No trust and lost respect, nothing left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOVED IT

Nice turnabout and balancing of the scales

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Divorce time started at the party.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Nice little nugget!

A new 5* fave.

BTW. A deliciously ambiguous ending!

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
An interesting

evening chat.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Nice take

Of tail between friendly couples. The little diversion was great. Keep up the good work.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Nice after chat

Wish this one had a followup, really enjoyed it.

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
Nicely done

Not always easy to figure out who is speaking, which really detracts from the flow.

But otherwise, a good flash story.

Thanks very much

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

That was fun, the lying cheater, only confesses when caught. Boot her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
5 Stars

To Me this Shows how Great a Writer You are .. I would also kick her Ass to the Curb . Just start fresh with her best Friend . After all Oral Sex did not Count .. Way to Go Bill Clinton ..

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

all about very little

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for something entertainingly a bit different.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh m'gosh ,this is funny,and all too real but still funny. LMAO. Could be from "anyhouse USA" on any given Fri nite/Sat AM. Keep up the good tales. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Incomplete, would’ve been nice to have a next morning finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh what an evil web we weave--- when we endeavour to deceive.

Now switch the gender of the characters and watch the comments change.

So--- If a married woman or any woman in a relationship gets a little horny and acts out, she is a Harlot ------Period!

Whereas if a guy acts out with someone else's woman, he is a Bounder and a Scoundrel, OR. maybe 'A Good Ol Boy, just sowing his Oates ; Just doin his best'.

with the excuse "Its too high to eat grass--- someones got to feed it. With Fives all around from his mates.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Good fun story. Glad that mc ignored promises of a liar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent, and used the time honored cliff hanger

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Paul has it correct. Let her feel what it is like to have her spouse chest on them…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

More like that would be good. There's a lot of long-winded raunchy immoral writers out there, or on this site, but few who can make an excellent story with few words and any sense of integrity.

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

Well written story. Behaviour like this is not a mistake. It is the result of a lack of attention to the marriage. An improper kiss, a fondle, a blowjob. That’s cheating under any circumstances. Hell, allowing yourself to be in that position in the first place is irresponsible. The sanctity of marriage must be protected at all times by both partners. Alcohol is a scapegoat for irresponsible behaviour.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting,close to great,but INCOMPLETE ..When are some of you authors going to realise if you can't finish a story,don't submit it...3..stars as its not complete...JZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20373 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).