All Comments on 'Covet'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 332 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very Good Story

There were a lot of things that seemed unrealistic, but your smooth delivery of "a-life-lived-well" revenge should satisfy even the most skeptical reader who can still appreciate a man moving on from a toxic marriage. Thanks for your effort!

MarvinSMarvinSover 10 years ago
Good until

the hurried revelation of his wealth. The story -- and the emotion -- went downhill after that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
really good story until....

Good until the over the top ending. Hurting divorced man meets and is redeemed by beautiful new neighbor and her family, it should have ended with more detail about how they grew together and with the scene of the ex driving away. Over the top ending about now multimillionaire owner of everything in sight king of his world just makes think your twelve year old son finished the story for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oh, my

A combination of Boston Blacky, The Green Lantern, and Superman all rolled into one totally unassuming male. Only in your dreams or in the author's world which by the way he can create as he sees fit. Good story and a little far fetched but still very entertaining. Thanks

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 10 years ago
Fun read . . .

. . . has all the elements of a good soap opera. Realism not required for fantasy; it just gets in the way. This was a fun quick read around lunchtime. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Good job.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
Good Story...Happy Ending

A good story and well written. Normally would have liked a little more BTB; because his ex family was so deserving of it. Would liked to have heard how the ex mother in law got hers; and in this case his worthless ex kids should have been burned too. The sperm donor was never sued for back child support in the early years...to bad.

All in all a good read oshaw!

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
lovely story

what an absolute BITCH. she was so low life that she gave bitch a bad name. what utter betrayal by his entire family. wonder what went through his kids mind when they turned 18 and abandoned not just him but his name to. glad you gave him a nice second wife with kids that loved and appreciated him. thanks for a good one

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great DIY story.

Wow!

I learned how to remodel a basement, how to get rich in the stock market and how to get even with an ex.

Such fun.

I enjoy fantasy. Some detail helps believability but, at some point, you might have slipped over the line just a tad.

soulspicesoulspiceover 10 years ago
Another unlikely millionaire story

A tired plot -- the wife leaves because she thinks her husband was a dead-end financially, but he becomes a gazillionaire and controls everything - even the bank. Top it off with a couple kids who were all too eager to leave the only father they ever knew for some other guy because he was the sperm donor - never happens in real life unless the father is abusive or neglectful. Lazy plot with a lazy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I would have never

married her in the first place, she was such a bitch to begin with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hummm

I am a little of mixed mind on this one... I do believe this could have been presented in a better fashion... All in all I liked the story... Just wished he could have nailed her to the wall on the Law School studies... Normally, I have found in most cases like this one, upon graduation from law school, divorce papers would have been filed by the new lawyer... I have known way too many of such cases... only going to give a 3 star..

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Too much

The transformation from loser cluckold to multi millionaire with gorgeous girl and instant family was too much for me. Great set up but felt the finish lacked finesse.

3*

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
loved it!

This story beats the cuckrotica bullshit hands down. I just wish there were more like this. Who cares if it's an unlikely fantasy? The good guy wins and the bitch loses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
GREAT a well deserved 5+*

More please.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Fairy Tale for Despairing, Divorced Men of a Certain Age

this was harmless to read, but impossible to believe . I'm glad violence wasn't used to resolve problems. The narrator was all too credulous to believe paternity claim when future wife was dating around. Still there were sections well worth reading,

There are indeed women like that wife looking for free ride. The author excelled at describing a vulgar, grasping female stereotype that exists. The narrator was such a complete patsy for her wiles that all credibility was lost by time of equally unlikely economic turnaround. Unlucky in love, fabulously fortunate at at day trading apparently.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
This is a good erotic fantasy too!

I do not understand on a erotic website why it is problem such story, where a betrayed husband finds a better second woman mate for himself??? Why is not good erotic fantasy to find a better woman instead of a cheating bitch wife??? It may be not every ex husband finds a quick better woman change possibilities, but not the 50% of the extramarital sex wives have willing cuckold husbands as the stories of the LW hub wants to advertising to the readers. So the quick gets rid of the cheating wife's emotional betrayall with better woman is a RIGHT EROTIC FANTASY BESIDE THE CUCKOLD STORIES OVERREPRESENT WILLING CUCK CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

katranmankatranmanover 10 years ago
Rushed Ending

Very nicely done but the ending needed something more. I sure don't have a problem with the subject matter and unlikely situation. Happy endings, fantasy or not, feel pretty nice. Enjoyed the story and I hope to see more from you in the near future!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very good!!!!!

Thanks...............

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
I liked it, but...

...it kind of got out of hand. This character didn't need to be stinking wealthy to come out on top. He was well on his way the day he met Jeannie. Getting even with his ex and the HOA was too much. They were vile assholes who, as is often the case, would have screwed up all on their own.

I love a rousing BTB story as much as the next guy, but I think that I would have enjoyed this story's flow a lot more if you'd stayed away from the tired 'money solves everything' solution and let him have his revenge just by enjoying a life well lived.

MolliculusMolliculusover 10 years ago
Too unrealistic

Unless you're writing something truly fantastic — with werewolves or vampires or supernatural powers — characters shouldn't be too unrealistic. The wife in this story was just too evil and made too many unrealistic demands to be believable. And the husband was too pliant until he wasn't. That's why, for me, the story just wasn't that involving. Or amusing. You didn't make me care about the protagonist.

Also, the ending was too abrupt. I don't mind endings that are somewhat unresolved as long as they're also emotionally true. This one just wasn't that emotional at all.

Author did know the difference between taut and taught though. That's something.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

The Greatest Revenge story at all "Le Comte de Monte Cristo" has the central revenge auxaliry weapon is the found treasure from the Monte Cristo island. So the money to reach a good revenge through getting power is not wrong idea in this story.

BTW Duma would be a good LW revenge story author, if he lived together with us, because the begining of Dumas's story is that, when Fernand wants to get the fianceé of Edmont Dantes. We LW revenge story fans could enjoy from sequels to sequels "Le Comte de Monte Cristo" serial and a XXI Century LW story could show Haydee and the Comte together in love at the end.............

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I have to agree with those who said it got out of hand in the end.

I loved the verbage and writing style, although the first page read like a, "How to," manual on finishing your basement. The end was over the top. $400 million? Own the bank? Really! Why couldn't he simply have gone back for his MBA and got a high-paying job. It spoiled the story for me and took a 5 star story and dropped it to a 3.

Too bad.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
I love it when a plan...

comes together.

Fun read, nicely done tale. In real life a mother will always look out for best intersts of the children-in this case it was not him.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 10 years ago
Having wealth north of $400M from day trading using one's former brokerage's trading algorithms

and funds.... and owning the whole local bank, and the whole neighborhood homes, using DIVINE AND ASSURED DAY TRADING TRICKS ... and "erasing" every electronic foot print AFTER THE DAY TRADER'S DONE, at the end of the day, for months and years.... to accrue $400M.... etc., etc..... IN THE LAST 2-3 PARAGRAPHS of the story, just immediately rendered a previously decent good and believable story useless and unbelievable and idiotic...

shouldn't do that to a DECENTLY GOOD story you've taken time to build, over 4 long Lit pages!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Rotten children

How is it these supposedly great fathers are tossed aside so casually by their kids? If they are as great as the stories imply? As a child of divorce I know I would have stuck by my parents unless they had really hurt me or the other parent. It is an easy trope that ruins the story for me because it stretches credibility even more than the protagonist being a secret wolf of wall street

Still 4 * for the hot sex scene and home improvement advice

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fun over the top fantasy

Until he became king I was really enjoying it. The new family is fine.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 10 years ago
Over the top to unbelievable land

I have to agree with the others here. It was a fun story but had too many absurdities to be great.

He seems to have be the primary caregiver during most of the marriage but the kids just dump him? $400M from daytrading with 'borrowed' funds?

Too much to keep me believing the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Generally pretty good, but...

As usual, the writing was mostly good, with some MAJOR glaring errors. Not enough to derail the flow, but could you not at least proof it?

Second, where did the name Peterson come from? Maybe I just missed it...

And then, the unnassuming shit-upon man turns out to be a gazillionaire, or Special Forces or Seals, or some other spring-it-on-us, deus ex machina thing. The ex-wife's dirty deeds at the end were supposed to be a bonus, I guess.

Really needs an editor to help smooth these things out.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 10 years ago
****

To all the nay-sayers, It's just a story for crap sakes. The author had the good Samaritan backing in the trailer and truck, but backing it out also. Go figure. Good read, Oshaw. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
loved it

it makes more sense then the stories matt moreau writes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Shooting Star

Movin' on up! hey, get it anyway you can. Lucky guy landed in roses - more power to him. 4*s

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lost me early

gave you a 1

Charley49erCharley49erover 10 years ago
This has a JPB quality.

Clearly he has succeeded in life beyond his ex-wife's understanding. But you rushed through the repercussions of his ex's actions and really needed to fill in the blanks. And in particular, the joy of her gradually understanding what an asshole she is and what she threw away in the first place. You did not give us the pleasure of seeing her suffer (I know, how unchristian) but left too much to our imaginations. Just like a certain Bob who delights in rarely completing a story with the details of the outcome. I have not yet read the other comments, but I wonder how others feel. I gave it a 4**** rating because, of the rapidity of the denoument. Their just punishment needed to be savored, not ignored.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good story with a fun, if unrealistic ending

I would like to have found out why his kids so easily deserted him. After all, he had raised them for most of their lives. That part didn't feel right. And you don't know how to frame. The studs go on 16" CENTERS. That way 4 x 8 sheets of sheetrock or finished panels end on a stud for nailing purposes. And the 14 1/2" between studs accept insulation batts that comes in either 14 1/2" widths or 22 1/2" widths (for 2' centers). The double plate goes on top (allows for interlocking corners) the single plate (usually pressure treated when you set it on concrete as required by code) goes on the bottom. HVAC, electric and plumbing go in after the walls go up so they can be attached to the studs. And the way you laid the floor adhesive made me cringe. Other than the building details, I enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love a good ending.

Sure it had some fairy tail quality to it. But the good guy won and the evil trolls were vanquished. I was entertained and loved the ending. So many stories are criticised for the wrong things, I think. Your story left me feeling good. Thanks./5

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very good story part fairy tale, but well done

Nice to see his x whore and non kids take a fall. But it would only happen because this author made it so, never in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great short story

Very cool short story. Good plot and I liked the time sequence

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Pretty good, but rather formulaic, story in the Renquist or Stangstar line

The author committed the cardinal mistake of having the bad guys too bad, the victim too much of a victim, the betrayal too complete, and then the recovery too easy and perfect. A fun fantasy, I guess, but it makes it hard for me to get too invested in the tale. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ridiculous

This isn't a story, it's a wish straight out of a five-year-old's mind. "when I grow up I'll be a day-trader and make millions and buy a bank and get an Olympic size pool and and and a pony!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3*s

Okay effort. Not upto par with the previous story.

This story makes you happy Oshaw, that's what counts. I didn't pay anything for

it and that makes me

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Re the finance at the end

I was thinking for awhile that the money making was a bit far fetched, but on reflection when one hears of 'rogue traders' loosing biilions and getting not much more than a 'slap on the wrist', somebody who knows what they are doing, then they would quite capably be able to make a few hundred million without causing a ripple, billions are traded and sent back and forth around the world markets every day, so anything is possible.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Biology trumps Daddiness

Children sired by assholes, but raised by caring Dads, will be assholes (except when inconvenient to the story!)

When did Hubby change from attracting raving bitches to attracting perfect young Mommies? Was it just his age? He was the Rescuing Hero for both women!

Maybe it just comes from Magic Financial Acumen! I guess the MBA will be conferred by the university he founds!

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
One major question

Where were these cast iron balls of his for the first half of the story?

I mean, I accept that you wrote the bitch as pretty damned horrible...and she was. Which begs the question of why he 'fell in love with her'. A skilled writer makes these stories to be a tragedy of lost love and betrayal, not a relief that this jackass finally stopped hitting himself.

But honestly, I didn't like him at all. I can't say I know much about framing, but I know slightly more about the stock market. Sixty percent returns are mythic level. I mean, a man would dine for a year to have one big deal where he did something like that. And yet he did this every day.

If he had such enormous skill, where the fuck was it before? He could have scrapped together $1000 and doubling it every day, been a bazillionaire by the end of the month. Except it isn't quite that easy or anyone would do it.

It is a good thing that stock companies doesn't keep track of their money so the employees can borrow it at any time. Oh...wait...

I didn't like the wife, I didn't like this man, I didn't like his children, and I didn't believe her children. I didn't believe his wealth and I didn't believe his patience and I don't believe a man who can collect FOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS which would make him grace a dozen magazine covers in...what, ONE YEAR? Somehow this man had time to wax his floors. Certainly not doing research on his investments.

Just...give us the lottery. We don't buy that either but at least it's less of an insult to our intelligence.

I started this story wanting to like it. But the character AS WRITTEN would have fixed her toilet, waxed her floors, fixed her fridge, repaved her driveway...and come in one day while she's oozing against Biff. "Isn't he dreamy? But YOU will always be my best friend..."

This guy was written as a pussy. I don't buy the testicle implants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Trite

A fool's fantasy. The backstory overwhelmed what little plot there was. The characters were kabuki figures, suspension of belief every few paragraphs.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 10 years ago
Like the story and the writing

right up to the point where Mark became Superman. To be so controlled by his wife and a wimp to a man with big brass balls is hard to accept. I know it's a fictional story but the plot should at least border on realistic.

IMHO, it was too much that he owned the neighborhood, owned the bank and was worth $400 million dollars.

Aside from these fairy tale aspects of the plot, I thought it was well written. There were no glaring errors that would detract from the reading of the story and up to a point it was very entertaining.

Writing is hard and writing well is very hard. I think you have a talent and I urge you to keep working on your skills. I look forward to your next piece.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

No plot whatsoever.

jasonnhjasonnhover 10 years ago
Fun read

Of course it was a "I won the lottery" story but having a gorgeous blonde move in next door should have been a tip off that this was not a reality story.

The ex and her buddy are taking a hard fall, just what they deserved. All neat, sweet, and wrapped up in a bow.

It was fun and not nasty. He was living well as the best revenge. Of course the ex helped out by being a manipulative bitch and staging her own demise.

littlecordeleralittlecordeleraover 10 years ago
Perfect for the JMCBC

This story is absolutely perfect for Literotica's Jilted Male Cry Baby Club! What better way to pretend you have some self-esteem than through fiction? Even if you guys have never accomplished anything, through reading this you wimps can pretend, if only for a few minutes, that you are all men!

Priceless!

staliesinstaliesinover 10 years ago
good show

Nice work. Don't let the anomos get to you. They have no creativity themselves so they feel obligated to trash everyone that does. As you get more into the author thing, you will get better and this is a nice start. I love a comeuppance story with a happy ending. Thanks

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Good Plot

I did wonder in the first part of the story why Denise informed Mark she was pregnant. Why he never questioned the parentage of the child. As she was actively seeing other men. I know this would have cut the story short, however would not his friends and family ask the questions for him !

Mark for me seemed to naive even though he did invest wisely in the end.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
On one hand, FD is correct, but...

On the other hand I liked this story. Saw it as an entertaining fantasy. Didn't see the end coming. Good entertainment; great fantasy,

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
GOOD STORY!!

You should write a chaper from the point of view from Denise side? & how she went down for the Fraud & Disbarment! Also her two children from their biolocal father! Also REVENGE AGAINST THE BIOLOCIAL FATHER ,for raising his children for them making Restitution back for raising them!!!!

s

rebolzrebolzover 10 years ago
Good writing...

This tale was pretty good except the ending appeared to be standard BTB and a little over the top. You should have kept his investment profits at a more realistic level. Otherwise pretty good and the writing A+.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
@ FD - In the first half of the story he loved her and didn't know of her cheating.

He was a little lame maybe, but once he found out about her cheating ways he grew a set.

Simple really.

littlecordelera, how are you and Splitlicker getting along? Quite well I imagine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
re: anonymous-@FD......

Please give "littlecordelera" a little break. She's not feeling well, her stories tanked, got some bad reviews and now she's getting even by being nasty. Childish behavior, I know, but one must be tolerant of the whiners. They do have a right to their opinion after all. We can't deny them that little pleasure of satisfaction they get by bashing the anonymous or anybody that doesn't fit into their small world of perception.

Story okay, a little far out, but then it's fiction and fantasy. Tolerable at best.

mallahmallahover 10 years ago
I agree...

I agree...you need to write an epilogue from Denise's point of view and the HOA's reactions...heh. Way too long though on the waking up to Denise's BS...BTB was too light...that's why you need an epilogue...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

A little preposterous but the intent was tremendous. It's a shame for the original children but the biological father and the whore cunt mother asked for it. Unbelievable tale with a great result.

littlecordelera, or Hayley, are you still here? I told you to go away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lazy revenge fantasy

The over the top money centric (ie, right = money) ending ruined the plausibility and moral justification of the story. Not only that, the husband is unreal because on one hand he is a rude and angry person while on the other hand he is a wonderful and generous neighbor. He's also a saint for having the patience of waiting 20 years for his wife to finish establishing her career so he can start his. The fact that his new squeeze just happen to bump into him piled on another layer of unbelievability. 1 Star.

greowulfgreowulfover 10 years ago
weak plot

First, bonus points for style in the first page or two. The flashback vehicle was executed nicely. Hubby was a total puss, though, which hurt your later story. Even setting aside the scads of security surrounding securities brokers, which would make the transactions he describes nigh impossible, there is little chance a ninny who puts up with wifey's shit for 20 years would pull it off. I don't complain that there wasn't enough detail in the financial scam--no amount of detail could redeem it. There wasn't enough detail on his TRANSITION.

College days, great detail, good character development, great style. Girl2 shows up, details okay, character development lopes along, not much style. BAM, you have to explain how he grew a set and got his just desserts--it suddenly becomes rushed, everything is tied up with no account of emotion or personal relationships.

overall, it read like a love story after heartache instead of a loving wives tale. Or perhaps a submission by someone who is intimately familiar with heartache, dreams of romance, but has no fucking clue about how to get what he wants--or how the frigid bitch thinks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yeah, a little heavy on details and "fantasy."

Still, very good tale. Keep posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
To put it simply .

.. Weak, pathetic, wimp male character ... Slimy,disgusting, cheating WHORE wife = A BIG FAT "1"!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* story

Clearly you'll be writing more. Much more. Please!

SigintSigintover 10 years ago
Subpar

Apparently you got an editor. You've now given proof to the axiom a well typed story is not a well written story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No Fairy Dust!

A very good story with a flat ending. Two million ok 200 is over the top. Happy Family, Happy vengeance without the over the top cash.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Interesting comments -

Yes it is edited better and yet OI still like it - hmmm bad taste I guess LOL

Are you a little over the top in the dream outcomes category - shit yes - just like so many other story writers -

What is the point of writing the story where every one just muddles through and nothing special happens - no one reads those stories cause no one writes them - they are called everyday living. We all know them only too well - these are a bit of fantasy and a bit of hope - they work well for that.

The emotions feel right and the responses seem realistic - he gets buried in tasks to occupy his mind rather than drink himself to death - a healthier choice. He is still the nice guy who got shat upon by a bitch - we all knew she was a bitch but he was driven by hormones and blind emotion just like most suckers - male or female. Worked fine for me -

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 10 years ago
Enjoyable read

Happy endings are good...especially in this category.

john1946john1946about 10 years ago

Now that was a fun story to read. Thanks

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
okay, okay folks settle down

Alright, this was not a good story but it is an enjoyable story. So goddamnit enjoy it already and go on to the next one.

phd70phd70about 10 years ago
Fun story with a delightful ending!

Story not intended to be graded and scored on realism, but a feel good adventure, with love and family growth and closeness! For me it was five stars! Ignore the criticism of the BTB bunch, oshaw. After watching the daily local and national news on TV, this is the kind of tale that cleanses the mind and restores the soul! Thanks, oshaw. Dan

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Very, very good story.

Five stars! BTW, I believe it is impossible to make a 600% profit on a short sale.

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago

Good story !

5 stars

IrfonIrfonabout 10 years ago
Terrific...

5 stars and a pat on the back - liked your story very much - reminds me of me !!

Thanks oshaw.

wolfestonewolfestoneabout 10 years ago
Another fine story

On to #4..on the guy anonymously deriding your ending.all I could think "WHAT AN IDIOT! Both LW stories i've read had relatively abrupt endings .. But the abupt endings are perfectly set for a sequel perhaps by you or maybe a guy like Finish the damn story. Bravo..keep up the fine writing..thanx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What ???!!!

Too Much goody two shoes... The Man was too much at the end...

oshawoshawabout 10 years agoAuthor
To Whom It May Concern

I expect periodically that a particular poster, either under his name, or a doppelganger that I became aware of, or anonymously will post a comment of how I have redacted his posts. This individual has a history of critiquing stories as though he is doing us all a favor by doling out his pearls of wisdom. Ironically, this self described genius has yet to write his first story here on Literotica.

This individual sought me out through private communication and continued to critique my stories using the most inane examples possible. That was when I made the mistake of pointing out the typos and poor grammar and flawed reader's comprehension of the individual's comments. Fair play, right?

That led to an escalating exchange of communications, whereupon, the individual called my Mother some vile derogatory terms.

Look, you may not like my stories, you may criticize them till the cows come home and that is fine by me. All I'm trying to do is give back to a website where I have enjoyed so many well written stories.

But, when you take the opportunity to vilify my deceased Mother, a line has been crossed. So, I elected to delete this individual's comments and now he is pissing all over himself that I am not letting him play in my sandbox.

Too fucking bad, asshole. You may post, and it may stay up temporarily, but rest assured it will eventually be taken down. I think a cursory review of the comments on my stories will show I'm pretty open minded to criticisms and I want that dialogue to continue. But understand, you cross that line of defaming my family then I will respond accordingly.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Too Much

Good story well told. Interesting characters. Please don't go over the top like that at the end, it makes a pleasant interesting story stupid. Two million is good $400 million is way too much and would result in a long stretch as a guest of Uncle Sam. Moderation my author, moderation keeps the story sweet.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Huh?

"for the first time saw her pendulous breast. The large tits defying gravity stood proudly for my inspection"

Pendulous means drooping, hanging. Pendulous breasts do not stand proudly defying gravity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice

Sweet revenge. Good read classic characters. $400kk is way too much and makes the story unbelievable. Keep it real. Really liked it. 5x5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
jist

I thought the guy mentioning pendulous was correct. It had negative connotations for me, but I quickly figured out that was not really the adjective you were searching for. He was certainly a bit of a wimp most of his life, but someone woke up the sleeping tiger. I enjoy the jist of your stories. I was glad you didn't pussy out by not reporting the ex and her asshole husband to the powers that be. May all four be miserable forever, obviously, children included.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Yeah, agree with the tits comments....

...pendulous does mean droopy and $400M was a little over the top. Perhaps $10M or so, tops.

But as usual, I really enjoyed the story. You are a fabulous author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Follow up

400 mil was a little over the top but well written. You could have easily fixed it with finding a few historical treasures in the Old House. Stashes of gold from the confederacy or An old copy of the Declaration of Independence used as insulation or something. The last copy found was found like that. I would love to see a follow up from the wife's view as she is worked over by the system.

VickieTernVickieTernalmost 10 years ago
Too easy

You write with subtlety, but way overdo the nasty selfishness of your antagonists and the incredible luck, virtue, and achievements of the protagonists. The result is sensitive but heavily loaded mellerdrammer. Please, ease into a better-blended world better befitting your ability to create fictions! We'll still hate the not-altogether-meanies and feel gratified by the decent-if-not-altogether-good guys

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
YOU COULD FIGURE ONE LAWYER MIGHT MAKE A MISTAKE

but would 2 make the same mistake in the tort. TK U MLJ LV NV

EAPoeEAPoealmost 10 years ago
He's an idiot

They're dating nonexclusively and she tells him she is pregnant. Any moron would know enough to ask for DNA confirmation that it is his child.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Denise

First, I agree with the comment that since they weren't exclusive, accepting paternity was stupid.

Second, I don't understand how he could be such a wimp as to give in to her so much. He NEVER should have allowed her dictates on the finances.

Third, she pointed out that his dead-end career forced her to divorce him for the sake of the kids' future, conveniently forgetting that it was her refusal to fulfill their bargain for him to get his MBA that hamstrung his career.

Finally, her kids' desire to "reunite with their natural father." How about the father who RAISED them, ungrateful spawn. I hope Susan has many (un)pleasant dreams about that piano!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
I Almost Forgot

I also don't understand how he didn't kick her ass when her study group kept putting him down.

That obvious disrespect was a precursor to how she ended their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
KarenE,

I LOVE that you are here, commenting on these stories.

You help to balance the ledger against cucks and other soul-less people, both men and women.

You are like a breathe of fresh air. I have always smiled when I have read what you have to say.

I have no idea who you are, but I do know that if you are in a r'ship, your partner is one lucky person. He (or she, let's not be presumptuous) can always be assured that you have their back.

You brought me back to read this tale once again too.

Oshaw, I love your work, and your outcome, but KarenE is correct. He was a sucker to have allowed the setup in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thoughtful material

By a good writer. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Don't know how to write?

Read and learn from SS06, Daniel Q, Jidoka atc.

This time well deserved "1*" !

oshawoshawover 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Anonymous 7/26/14

atc.? Tell you what. Not only are you a gutless anonymous stalker. You are a gutless stupid anonymous stalker.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 9 years ago
Not sure how I feel

This one was well written, but it felt lack luster, maybe more dialogue between Jean would've helped flesh it out more. It had more of 'I did this then I did that' kind of voice to it if that makes any sense. His emotions didn't seem fleshed out that much, but that just might be me comparing to "My Story" by Jidoka. I also couldn't stand Denise, she was cancer from the get go, how could he even fall for that? She wanted to be in a open relationship knowing he liked her and would definitely not appreciate it. And he let her..., I'm trying to figure out how he even fell for her.. I don't understand, I couldn't bring myself to end up respecting him. This doesn't live up to the expectations of Equation and Grief, but it was slightly enjoyable, so I'll give it a 3*. Please keep writing, now I need to go read Fortune :o.

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago

Liked the story well enough, but the ending was a bit abrupt imo. Would have liked to know what actually happened to the two assholes and their devil-spawn.

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Fun and interesting revenge at the end.

Living well is the best revenge and the ending was jam packed. As with other readers comments that I observed, I concur on the criticisms of the dialogue being all first person from the protagonist and not enough from other characters. Of course, the brevity of this story was a definite shortcoming ( no pun intended). The ending could've expanded to three or four chapters. Just a thought on my part. Overall it was fun. Thank you!!!

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Definitely five stars

Just updating my comment, again, thank you for your well written interesting and fun story. Sometimes, it is so fun to see the good guy win and win big he did.

HardYakkaHardYakkaover 9 years ago
Pretty good

You're a pretty good writer and I like the variety in your stories. You're as good or close to the writers that tosser anon mentioned earlier. In my opinion, DQS and Rehnquist are the best writers of this genre but you are not far behind and that is a compliment. Probably the only thing that is a bit over the top is that Mark is worth more than $400mil. That is a bit far fetched but hey, it's fiction after all, so no biggie :)

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
Coven vs Covet

As always I enjoyed reading your stories, thank you!

Throughout the first part of the story it seemed the protagonist was under a spell doing all the work and making all the sacrifices seemingly oblivious to his plight, as if bewitched. Then he had it all revoked, including having his children abandon him and then an even greater burden thrust upon him. The resolution was a bit fantastic but the outcome was heartening.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Good Story

Well written as usual. I noticed you haven't written anything in a while. I hope you're not done, yet. But if you are this feedback can be for others. I have to agree with some of the other readers. Instead of wrapping everything up in a few paragraphs it would have been nice for his ex and her lover to have their fate slowly unfold one experience after another until they found themselves jobless, homeless, and fighting for their freedom. I figure it's only fair since he endured twenty years of Denise using him to pay for her school negating his opportunity for an MBA while he paid for and raised hers and Paul's kids. He was also held responsible for paying the mortgage and upkeep on their house while working degrading jobs and then the indignation of having his kids change their names to her lover's last name. Not to mention that when he discovered his wife's treachery even her mother weren't the least bit ashamed at what they had done to him. At least you could have expounded at length on their consequences. Still a very enjoyable story I just don't like people that take advantage for kind hearted people. Thank you for the entertainment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous