All Comments on 'Starlight Gleaming Ch. 01'

by TJSkywind

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
A good story

I'm enjoying your series. Thank you for sharing.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 10 years agoAuthor
Background Thoughts

This is a darker series. Life is more brutal than what we have today. Women don't have a lot of rights and are often treated secondarily in the Empire of Chimorro, and not much better elsewhere in the main powers. People of the lower classes are objects, and women bear the brunt of that. For me, that makes it more difficult to write. In our modern world, women are gaining respect and rights here in the west, but violence and repression continue in other parts of the world. The slave trade continues (even here in the west) and more than two-thirds of slaves are women.

I find that people, even when they are treated badly, are capable of immense strength and heroism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too dry to swallow.

I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs because of the massive information dump. Without characters I can care about or a meaningful plot-line, it's like reading an encyclopedia. In the future, I recommend introducing your characters and your plot first, then working on world/galaxy building.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Mach numbers,,,,

Capable of Mach,, what? Your G acceleration numbers make sense,, sub 3G's for anything sustained. But your Mach numbers are way, way off. It requires about Mach 20 something just for LEO.. and to leave the planet more like Mach 30 something. To reach the moon in two hours ??? Well with those numbers you just cannot. You'd need to accelerate to something on the order of 200,000 mph, Mach 280??,,flip over and then decelerate an equal amount to drop into a lunar orbit,,, Mach 10 or less. Max Q in the upper atmosphere,, well your Mach 11, likely needs to be above 80,000 feet in order not to have the aircraft either squashed by the air or burned up.

Fiction,, okay,, but physics are still physics. "I'm going to send 2,000 amps at 330 volts down a 12 gauge copper wire." Uh,,, no, you're not. that would make one very bright , very brief flash,, as the copper went to plasma ions.

But I do like your story telling, character development.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 6 years agoAuthor
Comments well taken

I'm the first to admit I don't have a strong math / physics background, just a love of space, aircraft, and SF/F. I'm also a BRAT survivor and was in CAP in my teens.

The Mach speeds (speed of sound barrier) are for Atmospheric combat. One of the things that struck me about the SR-71 was that it was initially armed with cannons, but they had to be removed, as the aircraft simply overtook the projectiles, damaging the aircraft. One Blackbird variant had a missile, but most times it was weaponless. Even with energy beams or pulse weapons, fighting at super high speeds will need computer tracking to accomplish -- until it reaches a point that humans are unable to even participate, and I think until the combat AIs are really good, humans will resist relying on them, and even then, would you arm military-grade robots - robots that might be suborned by an enemy AI hack? (Think Skynet.) Attempting combat at such high speeds would be difficult for humans to accomplish, and expending that much power during combat would be prohibitive - you're also spending energy on turns, shields, weapons, life support, avionics, etc.

Travel to the moon and back is for high-speed transit, and any combat would be at much reduced speeds. The high-speed options are also to evade, when combat has taken a turn for the worse, a practice still used today by combat pilots. And, no, I didn't go into the speeds to accomplish a lunar trip and back. My bad? We're partially dealing with alien tech, and trips to the other planets at such speeds would still be an event. I've not had much feedback on the believablity of my aircraft piloting scenes, so I guess I'm doing okay.

Glad you liked the rest of the story, Anon. Safe flight and safe return. Slainté

RamazaRamazaabout 3 years ago

Third time I’m doing a read through, still looking forward to find out why Janetta and Ranji split up and what happened to the rest of the women?

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

I personally find the almost pathetic male protagonist annoyingly uninteresting already. And of course the Femdom overtures are screaming out and it's literally the first chapter.

So in summation this is a sci-fi cuckold story or more accurately a feminist manifesto parading as an erotic novel.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 2 years agoAuthor

RE: xhristianj

You think "Starlight Gleaming" is a cuckold story? Wow. Not sure where you got that! The first chapter is very short, but it was originally much longer; some readers complained there was too much information so I pared it way down. Cuckold stories imply that women are willing participants. And you think it's a femdom tale? That implies the women are in charge. LOL! If that was your takeaway, you missed the point of the entire situation for the women in the story. Naturally, the story won't appeal to everyone, but you are seriously jumping to conclusions.

RamazaRamazaalmost 2 years ago

And I’m back again ;-) TJSkywind, don’t bother with comments like the one from xhrisrianj, like him there are so many in this world that can’t understand what they’re reading, then they get upset and start flinging feces at whom ever is closest. There will always be someone like that around, because the last idiot isn’t born yet.

The rest of us will just enjoy you work over and over again.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PT11 months ago

I can't really articulate properly what I'm trying to say, but I'll give it a try...

I hate the beginning of this tale... this "I hadn't seen her in twelve years / met her sixteen years ago" cast a pall over fhe entire story, every chapter I read has a "something's about to go wrong" aura about it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the idea, the world building, the society, everything about it, it's just this "foreshadowing" that slightly messes up my enjoyment of it.

I've been following you for a long time, across multiple accounts, I think I've read since there were only 3 or 4 chapters posted, and it is still one of those that I come back to at least once a year.

On one hand, I can't wait to see the end of it to find out how it all ties in together, but on the other I know that I'll be deeply saddened to see it finish.

caveman21936caveman219369 months ago

The sex scene in this chapter is NOT consensual.

Damonkey916Damonkey9166 months ago

This is my 2nd read of this story. I remembered you when someone posted your name as an editor I think. I loved this story the 1st time. I cannot wait to see what I have forgotten or missed.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Caveman21936, the sex scene in this chapter is NOT consensual but certainly both off them wellcomed It :)

TJSkywind, I wonder what I had missed since you say it was originally much longer. Please, dont't let reader shorten your writing, this is Literotica, lit- from litterature not from little. If they think it's too long they can scanskip the text they are interrested in.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTJSkywind@TJSkywind
984 Followers
================================== STAND-ALONE TALES Shattered Dreams - Erotic Horror /Celebrity/SF story about Ripley of Aliens; non-erotic ================================== A reader, gyfurune, correctly proposed a chronology of my stories a few years ago. I will endeavor to...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES