All Comments on 'Love Songs that are Really Sexual'

by javawarrior

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 10 years ago
"Laundry mat"?

...unless you were talking about a rug in front of your washer/dryer, I think you meant "Laundramat".

Another one (of the countless ones) you could add to the list: (You've Lost) That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers, which is totally about a woman who no longer wants to have sex with the songwriter.

The opening lines make this pretty clear:

"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss you lips

And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips"

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
DOUBLE ENTENDRES IN LYRICS AND LIFE

leads to tongue in cheek humor, TK U MLJ LV NV

harmonyjonesharmonyjonesabout 10 years ago
..

semi charmed life is one of my favorite songs. for exactly the reason you described. ha.

javawarriorjavawarriorabout 10 years agoAuthor
Good one!

How could I have missed The Righteous Brothers? Any song from Top Gun, actually, is going to be rife with sexual innuendo. Tarantino has argued that if watched in a certain way, Top Gun is about a gay man coming out of the closet, in a subtle Ben-Hur-sorta way.

Sorry about the bonehead typo, btw. Also, I forgot to mention it, but this was my submission to the Valentine's Day Contest. Vote it up if you liked it, and keep the feedback coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Barely Scratches the Surface of the Subject

My contribution: "Little Red Corvette" by Prince. This was his first major hit. His previous releases had more blatant sexual content, and therefore didn't get much airplay. Most overt line from this song: "I'm gonna try to tame your little red love machine."

MSTarotMSTarotabout 10 years ago
Anything by KISS

Just any song they did. It's sex.

mel_pomenemel_pomeneabout 10 years ago
What about 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered'?

Now there was a song with really sexy lyrics; I thoroughly recommend watching it on YT along with Lorenz Hart's words - and consider how old that song is. The youngsters didn't invent sex - they just think they did!

Thanks for an interesting post.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wrap around Joy

I've often wondered about "Wrap Around Joy" by Carly Simon being a reference to anal sex. Ya think?

patientleepatientleeabout 10 years ago
You could write a dissertation in this.

Well done. I like the format of the essay as well as the analysis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Try these

Muddy Waters, I Just Want To Make Love To You.

Dinah Washington, Big, Long Sliding Thing.

Elmore James, Shake Your Moneymaker

John Lee Hooker, Crawlin' Kingsnake

B B King, Rock Me Baby

Blind Lemon Jefferson, Black Snake Moan

Bull Moose Jackson, Big Ten Inch

Rolling Stones, Let's Spend the Night Together, Satisfaction

javawarriorjavawarriorabout 10 years agoAuthor
Good suggestions, y'all!

Truth be told, I had several songs written down months ago that were supposed to go in this essay, but I lost that sheet of paper. But knowing this would be a great topic for the V Day contest, I drew from memory. Prince is a great suggestion, I don't know why I missed that one. The best ones, to me, are the ones that feel the most like love songs, but the sexual meaning is latent. The less obvious the better. :)

DanielOrmeDanielOrmeabout 10 years ago
Good essay, very true

I'm sure there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of songs that fit this pattern. Two that came to my mind:

Aretha Franklin's "(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman" has always sounded to me like a song about a woman who has found a man who can bring her to orgasm, especially the way that Aretha sings "Ooo baby, what you done to me/You make me feel so gooood inside." Similarly, Christina Aguilera's "Genie In A Bottle," though it sounds like a cute little teen-pop song, has lyrics all about a woman looking for a man who knows how to get her off: "You gotta rub me the right way/If you wanna be with me."

sandymonroesandymonroealmost 10 years ago

Nice article! It does worth getting into an online magazine.

My examples:

Candy Shop by 50 cent

Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 10 years ago
A blatent one

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.

I got love in my tummy,

And I feel like a-lovin you:

Love, you're such a sweet thing,

Good enough to eat thing

And that's just a-what I'm gonna do.

I always thought it was about oral sex.

Chilley

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous