All Comments on 'The Way Back Ch. 06'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessabout 10 years ago
why

I'm not sure he should move out for her to move in... She got the proceeds from the sale of the house and then gets the house too? He's being shafted!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
stay away from her.

I don’t think the she had anything to do with it but I find the fact that she was so quick to believe the worst about Allan says a lot. Her brother question the letter but she took it as a fact even thought it didn’t match what she knew of her husband, instead of asking Dave or Geoff two longtime and trusted friends to look into finding Allan she let Derek who was a relative new acquaintance do it, it makes you think. And then there’s the fact that she wants to see if what Derek will do when she tells him that she is giving up all claims to Allan’s money now why would that matter she didn’t help him but she sure inst in a real hurry to get away from him, I really do hope this story doesn’t end with them getting back together cause that would be a shame.

mallahmallahabout 10 years ago
Hah...

Let Ann stay in the apartment. Why should he have to give up HIS home to an easily fooled idiot? Geeze, why is it the man has to make the dam sacrifices? Hasn't he been through enough?

redlion75redlion75about 10 years ago

jenny moves into the house and ann moves into jen apt.?oooooh jen and ann move into the house with him and they live happily everafter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I've enjoyed the story so far, but I must say I will be very very disappointed if he ends up back with Ann. That relationship is done and his amnesia should not be an excuse for forgiveness. Yes, there are allot of extrenuating circumstances, but still.

Despite the 20 years of history that's only been hinted at, both Trish and Jen have shown much more love.

Silverhawke2Silverhawke2about 10 years ago
brilliant

But reconciliation is always a possibility

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Let the Author decide the outcome!

Quit trying to influence the outcome of the story. That is the author's prerogative. I just want them to be posted quicker, instead of trickling them in one a day like they are now. If the story is already completed, then post them all, and let us read them at our leisure. I need something worth reading while I'm laying here sick at home.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

Another great chapter but I really hope Allan ends up with Trish or Jenny. Allan bought his old house to help with his memory problems so giving it up would be kinda stupid. And please stop with the "innocent until proven guilty" crap you have the hero bang out to everyone, it's starting to grate on the nerves :)

Ann I hope is history. To many things about her actions just don't add up. Her telling Derek so much about the business trip seems very odd along with how she just turned over the search for her husband so easily. Considering the couples long time friends were lawyers, a high ranking police member or even her brother why the hell would she allow Derek to do it?

She also wasn't short of money so selling the family home and moving her children into the house of a man they all seemed to dislike does not paint her in a good light either. And lets not forget how easily swayed she was to try and destroy Allan's company which is also her children's inheritance! This is not even taking into account how quick she was to believe the very worst about her husband or her out and out refusal to meet with him.

theanalisttheanalistabout 10 years ago
despite overwhelming evidence

including his injuries, Ann kept suspecting her hubby of accusing Derek solely to satisfy his jealousy. an out and out forgiveness is unpalatable for me. But its up to the author to decide whether a reconciliation or threesome with jenny included fits best....

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 10 years ago
The dominoes are all set...

...all that remains is to set things in motion. Derek will be out, Trish is off to New Zealand, Jenny slides over to bashful Peter, and Ann will be back home with the kids. Questions still remain, why does Ann have absolutely no faith in, or respect for, her husband when everyone else has no problem doing so? Even after discovering what happened to him, she has doubted his word at every turn. Exactly when and how did Derek get the information on Allen's trip? Derek is apparently a very jealous and possessive personality, how did he get the idea that Ann was his? Will Allen finally make it all "The Way Back?" I'm hopeful these questions will be addressed in the next chapter, but I confess to some misgivings as well. I'm afraid tomorrow's submission will be chapter 6B, wherein a bald-headed Assistant District Attorney from Jacksonville shows up to give Allen boxing lessons and charm the panties off all the big-chested British gals. Great job, thanks for sharing!

Tootsall222Tootsall222about 10 years ago
Derek has to be prised away from Ann...

before there are other developments. We still have to see what shenanigans he can get up to before that happens. I think studebakerhawk (does that bring back memories...my grandfather always drove one of those) is on the right track though.

Room for a few more chapters of this superb writing. Composition, syntax, spelling...absolutely excellent editing too seldom seen on this site. Hope this author sticks around for the long run.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Geat writing

Great story, worthy of some of the best published novels I've read. Very impressive.

Funniest comment goes to Studebakerhawk.

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtarabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable mystery

Lousy sex story. It is so bad it undermines the mystery which is very good. Ann has underestimated Derek and WILL get hurt bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

@studebakerhawk You must be from Hamilton Ontario, right?

I truly that Allan gets Jenny, he's gone through so much and deserves happiness however he can find it. Of course, that doesn't really mean he will get it. He doesn't really know his ex wife, she was so quick to write him off and she never really did anything to actively find him.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 10 years ago
Very interesting serial, this.

I've been following this series and I still wonder about the final resolution. Allan getting his kids back and Ann finally knowing the truth was a much awaited development...I think that Ann going back to Derek is a mistake and that she will get harmed. We'll see where the author leads us...

lihplihpabout 10 years ago
still loving it

But I disagree with most of the other comments - I do hope he ends up back with Ann. I really can't see that she's done anything wrong. I don't think waiting a year for someone to come back classifies as giving up too quickly. I think it is reasonable, given what we are told about how much in love they were, that she would be too distraught to handle any investigation into his whereabouts and would trust someone who was a friend to do it for her (particularly if that person was manipulating her). Okay, she's not always believed him or trusted his motives but she's been angry with him for a long time - it's not always easy to let go. Finally, I know he's been through a lot and he does manage to control his emotions most of the time but he's still very touchy.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
suspicious

It would appear that Ann was already involved with Derek.

She told him about the trip.

She continues to defend him.

She quickly turned to him.

She tried to take money from her ex-husband for him.

EvilpandaqueenEvilpandaqueenabout 10 years ago
love your story

I think he needs to crawl back to Ann. On his knees. Here's why. He didn't seek her out immediately, he kept blowing her off. No wonder she didn't either believe him or want to see him. I'd be outraged too. He's made an ass of himself, blaming her when he could have had her back long before. So he's the ass. Once he knew Ann, the others should have been an after thought. He had already replaced her, but is mad because she did so under misinformation. Typical male ego. Seriously though

Rooting for Ann. Her life was destroyed too

john1946john1946about 10 years ago
Hmmmmmm

Interesting comments. I'm just enjoying the story. As to whether Ann was in on things, just a confused innocent(?), or whatever....she sure didn't try very hard to find her husband and left it to someone else do all that. And the divorce and money?????? Too much to explain. Like the girlfriends idea though. Looking forward to tomorrow.

mugglensumugglensuabout 10 years ago
Great Novel... go on updating please!

I have been reading the other comments and frankly I am not surprised at the viewpoints of the other readers as I myself had thought the same. But, if it was me in the man's shoes... I would just be done with the monogamous garbage we call a marriage. I would definitely engage in a polygamous relationship with Jennifer (the PA), Patricia (the Nurse), and, if she is willing Ann (the ex-wife). Why spoil everything by slapping a label (marriage) on the whole situation?

If it doesn't work out anyone may leave without tearing up each others' lives, uprooting people. If it does work, 'more' the merrier...!!!

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
oh please

@Evilpandaqueen

"He didn't seek her out immediately, he kept blowing her off."

Read the story - He couldn't REMEMBER her! And when he did, he was told the people who tried to kill him were from the same area and might try to kill him again.

"No wonder she didn't either believe him or want to see him. I'd be outraged too. He's made an ass of himself, blaming her when he could have had her back long before. So he's the ass."

Read the story- Even after being told by friends and family what happened to him, after been shown proof of what happened to him, after being married to him for 20 years and then seeing with her own eye's what happened to him, she still refused to accept what happened to him as the truth. She also point blank refused to talk to him for the best part of a month but you honestly feel if he had of tried a few weeks earlier it would of made a difference? Child please.

"Once he knew Ann, the others should have been an after thought. He had already replaced her, but is mad because she did so under misinformation. Typical male ego. Seriously though Rooting for Ann. Her life was destroyed too"

Read the story - He kinda hooked up with Trish during the kinda BIG plot point of him having AMNESIA! He's kinda mad she the put so little effort into looking for her husband of 20 years and farmed it off to someone they barely knew instead of the long time lawyer and police friend. Maybe he's mad that she still continues to believe the absolute worst about him without taking into account the whole 20 good years of marriage thing and her having no valid reason to do so along with the shitload of proof. Or maybe he's mad at how quick she was and continues to still think the worst of him.

Yes her life was screwed with then but unlike Allan, she had a huge part in making it happen. Maybe, just maybe, if she had the sort of trust, faith and respect in her husband that a good 20 year marriage earned him, things might of worked out better for the both of them.

Crawl back on his knees my ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Read the very beginning of the story

Ten submissions, 53 chapters, already written and submitted one per day. There will be a few more twists and turns before we get to the end (but I do see Jenny and Peter getting together).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Long winded and I'm done.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
a question for those who think this is too long

this is in the Novels and Novellas category

and the author very clearly said at the very beginning:

"A warning to the unwary. This is a long story that unfolds slowly as a man seeks to regain his life. It is in 10 parts containing 53 chapters all of which are completed and will be submitted daily."

This is only installment 6 with 4 more to go.

Based on the above, what were you expecting?

And as far as trying to influence Alwaysraining to finish the story to our expectations, as was stated, it is already finished.

I for one am looking forward to whatever is in store for these characters. It has been a delightful read.

,

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Excellent Read

I am glad to see that the story has provoked so many comments. Basically this demonstrates the high quality of the contribution. Do not let the ending be the only thing that influences your vote. Remember that is the trip and not the destination that is important.

VisualPervVisualPervabout 10 years ago
Arrrrrrgh!

I can see I'm going to be up all damned night reading. Excellent tale. So many plates in the air, so few hands to catch them...

teedeedubteedeedubabout 10 years ago
as usual

Bruce is right on. Wonderful story. Intriguing. Intelligent. So well written. Grammatically sound. Just a good fun read. And British humor, gotta love it.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
regress

Back to a 4. Poop or get off the pot with the ex....don't set your brother in law up with Jenny....you're getting too convoluted.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

five stars. Very well done story. Can't wait to read the rest.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
One more thought...

under normal circumstances, I can't imagine anyone not being completely distraught, overcome with emotion, and desperate to reclaim their long lost spouse. While I get that she thought her husband had willingly left her, and Derek had been the proverbial knight in shining armor, I still don't get why she is so dismissive of her husband and still wanting to defend Derek. Finally, with this chapter she is ready to part ways with him. But just prior to that she has a hard time believing hubby, and can't connect the dots regarding Derek. Is she dense? If I didn't know any better, I would suspect there is more to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*

i think the Author has done a most remarkable job on this tale , truly outstanding.

the previous comment gave me pause for thought ..

and having reflected upon it would like to say.

some people having decided on a course of action / a direction of travel / a certain belief , when then confronted with the overwhelming fact that they are in error , that they have made a huge mistake, that they have been lied to, manipulated, so easily deceived they then find it dificult to accept the truth., The self denial is total , some deal with it better than others , and some will Never get over it , or be able to accept the truth.

fcuked up world full o fcuked up people.

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm tired of authors

Writing such dumb, weak women. It's insaulting.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
I agree...outstanding story...reading it again for the second time!

There will always be someone who isn't pleased...but so many of us are and THAT is what matters. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 stars again

Thanks for explaining Britishisms -- sometimes it's needed.

Amazed how this keeps going with layer on layer and different turns.

Paul in Oklahoma

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
So Good.

Such an "exciting" romance. This talented writer does some of the best dialogue on the site. Love the Brits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a bit annoying Ann is hanging on to loyalty to Derek but a letter with bad handwriting broke her decades with her husband.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireover 1 year ago

Why is the main character an idiot? And why is the wife an idiot? Long, drawn out nonsense. Wife was duped at an emotional time. Main character is being a stubborn douchebag. It’s beginning to drag a lot.

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

5 stars and the only question I have is

- why did it take so long to think about the children's safety?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
902 Followers
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES