All Comments on 'The Broken Mirror'

by Salish

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good old romance

Emphasis on good.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Excellent Follow-up!

Sort of hoped Meaghan an Sarah were gonna tell Christine that Anne was in love with her, though that would have short-circuited the rest of the story!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 10 years ago
Perfect story

Very romantic,and its description of how appropriate the word 'base' is when describing the GOP was spot on...in any event,beautiful story,thanks.

BugattiTBugattiTabout 10 years ago
Wow

A very wonderful story. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wonderful story

Thank you for this.

Pokey42Pokey42about 10 years ago
Almost but not Quite

The love story between Christine and Anne is beautiful but the constant ad hominem attacks against conservatives and republicans made it small and petty. It really wasn't necessary and it was off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Keep at it!

Salish, you've done it again. This is a great romantic tale and lives fully up to the promise you showed in Evergreen Kiss. Whatever you do, keep on writing.

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallalmost 10 years ago
A proper love story

Reading this from the other side of the pond it always amazes me that people are allowed to be so poisonous to each other, even if it is only fiction! For a politician to express the odious views written here would result in the loss of his seat and probable prosecution for a hate crime.

I love your writing and the plot development. It is not surprising that you have such high scores for your stories when they are so well crafted. Please don't stop writing.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaalmost 10 years ago
Truly Moving Love Story

I loved this as much as I loved reading all the others you have written.... Please write more of the same.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
terrific writing

Salish I am really enjoying the quality of your writing skills as I read all your stories. Very impressive.

First quibble: Puh_leeeze do NOT call it 'hunting'! Real hunting often results in the prey escaping to survive another day.

What Bob and the Boys in the Band are doing is purchasing a ticket to a ranch that breeds non-domesticated animals. (Once known as wildlife).

The well-fed, carefully tended targets are herded, conditioned to use specific routes to their feed boxes, through paths narrowed by camo-draped fences.

Right past luxuriously appointed shooting stands. Just to make it easier for the drunken braggarts to pretend they are mighty hunters.

To quote FinalStand: "Being in a church does not make you a Christian, any more then being in a garage make you an automobile."

Secondly: Bob and his bosses and co-workers and friends are basically spelunkers. Secret homosexuals who work to make Gay sex and lifestyles illegal, as that makes it more exciting for them when the pretend heterosexual participates in Gay sex. They are so far up the de-nile, they can see the Mountains of the Moon.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaalmost 10 years ago
Yep, me again

I came back to read both the stories once more, goes to show you what good writing will make person do. Loved it as much this time as I did before. Thank you Salish, I just hope your taking the time to write more wonderful stories.

Lisa

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
That's it!

Yes, that's it! I've read all three stories and now, curses, I have to wait until you eventually post Desert Chemistry. Please hurry it up, Salish, your audience awaits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Lovely. Read the whole thing

dirtyricekingdirtyricekingover 9 years ago

Loved EVERYTHING about this story!! PLEASE keep writing!

SalishSalishover 8 years agoAuthor
More...

Thanks to everyone who read, rated, and commented.

If you're interested in what happens next with Anne and Christine, as well as all the other characters in my stories, I've written one more story called The Dress. It's available in my eBook Chemical Moments on Amazon.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Congradulations!

Excellent story, well written.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Excellent story!

You did a fantastic job with character and plot development in this one, thank you so much for sharing it with us!

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Damn, that was fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great, as usual!

I have been reading (and re-reading) your stuff and now there are no more.

Call To Action! More of your terrific romance stoires are needed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Origin story?

Very nice; just curious as to how they originally met & became friends...

SalishSalishover 6 years agoAuthor
How they met

In a follow-up story (not posted here), I allude to the story of how they met.

Christine ran into (like physically collided with) Anne at the gym and knocked her flat on her ass. Christine felt terrible about it and invited Anne out for coffee to apologize. Anne insisted it wasn't a big deal, but she did take up Christine's offer. Having coffee together, they just clicked, and have been best friends ever since.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 6 years ago
Bah Humbug...

You mentioned a following addition, then you say it's not posted here... and how are we suppose to know where to find this story?????

Your such a tease, you know that!

Great story, my third time reading it.

SalishSalishabout 6 years agoAuthor
Charleston

I really am hard at work on the follow-up to One Night Stand. It's just that life gets in the way sometimes. Plus, it's getting really long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
That was a good core of a story.

I couldn't help but to think of Rachel Maddox.

I say good core of a story because it could become a novel if many of the narrative portions were converted into dialog.

And you got the politics right.

I really enjoyed it.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

I wish you would write more about Christine and Anne as this story was wonderfully written and very loving and now they are a couple loving and best friends and would like to know how there life turns out did they get married and have children Salish you are a fantastic writer please write more please. xxx

Robyn1859Robyn1859almost 4 years ago
Thank you

Great story. Lots of depth in a short space

QueenofthegoldstarflickerQueenofthegoldstarflickerover 3 years ago
Intertwined.

Love how every character you introduce from the first submission to this one and how they all interlink! You have a beautiful way with your words and weaving your stories together to create one long beautiful journey of colliding worlds. Brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Can't really aadd anything !

Except, Well Done, Broken Mirror ! ! !

KjY

SFi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Brilliant story

Really excellent, thanks.

CranefluffCranefluffover 1 year ago

The romance and relationships were great. The friends to lovers storyline is one of my favorites. But the hasty generalization and villainizing of conservatives caused politics to overshadow the romance at times. When Christine moved in with Anne I was eager to see more of the relationship, and instead it was stalled by several paragraphs of Senator Jackass and moral grandstanding that had nothing to do with the Christine/Anne story arc. More romance and less politics and this would be a 5 star. Instead I give it 4 stars.

shayneoneshayneone7 months ago

it was a good read lemantina likes you i like you too be well happy and safe shayne

FandeborisFandeboris6 months ago

Great story. Reading this at 3 AM and couldn’t put it down. Just had to finish before turning in. I thought at first Anne was going to have to get a 2X4 and get Christine’s attention. Then we find there are other issues. Just so long as they get together. Just a feel good story and even the ex got the bad luck for breaking the mirror. Very complete, no loose ends,

.

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds3 months ago

I’m so happy for Anne and Christine. This was a really beautiful story, and I would certainly love to hear more from Salish.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSalish@Salish
598 Followers
I am a writer, software developer, Klingonist, and general nerd. After a lifetime of immersion in science and technology, I discovered writing, quite by accident, while reading Literotica in 2014. The result was Evergreen Kiss, and the feedback here is one of the biggest reaso...