All Comments on 'Fortune'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 403 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
WOW

Your best story yet!!! Wish I could give it 10 stars!!!

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
IT IS SO TRUE THAT GLITTER DOES NOT MEAN GOLD

given the right circumstance and people, they can make mud shiny and bright, TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Not bad

I can see it happening, though the abuse of the husband is almost at Matt Moreauean proportions.

Still, I enjoyed the tale and look forward to more.

While I rolled my eyes at him suddenly being rich, one thing I really appreciated about this story was the damage to the kids and how it wasn't immediately roses and lollipops when the kids came home, swearing their undying devotion.

Verisimilitude. It is important in a story.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago

One writing suggestion. Please take a look at your tags.

They are far too specific. Only someone who is interested in logs and hypothermia would actually find this story by a search.

And frankly, those people would be more drawn to fetish than to your story for horrifying reasons...

dmhackdmhackabout 10 years ago
Anyone can write

But not everyone can tell a story. You can.

Excellent tale. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

Brilliant and heartfelt story. Five stars.

I agree with the comment about the tags. There purpose is to aid readers in searching for stories with certain themes. I would suggest . . . Divorce, cheating wife, custody, restraining order, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
All too true

With respect to FD45, while the humiliation served by the wife seems to be a Matt Moreau staple, similar incidents have happened in real life. I've been found guilty in the court of public opinion to suffer from mental disorders, and thus am now limited by the court of law to only three hours every third Saturday of the month to spend time with my daughter... under supervision.

I'm still waiting for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and until then I'll just keep on putting one foot in front of the other, for my baby girl.

Until then, I'll keep reading oshaw's contributions. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wow

Can't wait for the next one! Ten stars!

Anyone else notice the stories are alphabetical?

RePhilRePhilabout 10 years ago
POW! I just got run over by a perfect story

And am loving it! Next?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Author, what are you doing?

How dare you post a wonderful and great story in a site where mostly lovers of wimps and cluck loving authors post! If you aren't careful, you are going to be deluged with grateful and admiring fans.

dave_magicdave_magicabout 10 years ago
Now that was a fantastic story

Excellent I think it does deserve a 10 for sometimes life takes you DOWN and only you can get up again.... spend all your love making time, oh yeah that's it!

wolfestonewolfestoneabout 10 years ago
Nice story

There are a few good stories on site and this is one, I'm going back to check your others..thanx

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 10 years ago
Fantastic...........*****!

You made John's pain so real....I could taste the bile. Keep them coming, Please.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
5* telliing of

a story that, in reality, happens too often.

His pain was almost visible.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 10 years ago
Powerful

Amazingly, I am fresh from watching a friend experience the "get a restraining order and then initiate contact and report it" deceit. It is amazing to me that that actually happens and works.

Fantastic arc. I think the journey with the children would be longer and rockier than we see here, but I can see why you wouldn't want to stretch that out and make your story feel lopsided. Super work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Great story - only complaint I have is where he shows no respect for his ex but demands that his kids "respect their mother" Mind you hes making this demand while his wife IS IN THE PROCESS OF ABANDONING HER CHILDREN, NEVER WANTS TO SEE THEM AGAIN AND THE KIDS KNOW IT. Sorry about the caps but that was cuntish beyond belief on his part.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
You Do Not Need a Restraining Order

In New York at least, the "ladies" do not need a restraining order to get a husband locked up. All they have to do is call the cops and say that he threatened them and they are afraid for their lives. The cops immediately pick up the husband and throw him in jail! Amazing but true! Yes the courts favor the "ladies" in domestic issues, and there is nothing you can do about it...or is there? I will leave that to the writers!

TellataleTellataleabout 10 years ago
Wonderful

Great story - u R becoming an author people respect -keep it up and thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Regardless of the consequences

the exwife and her lover would have been six feet under the first chance I got.

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
Good story

5* from me, and a very accurate description of how conniving and cruel some women can be when they decide to dump a husband. The legal system is totally lopsided in the favor of women, many times to the detriment of the children. A man can be wiped out financially, emotionally, and physically. And literally living in a box at times while he finances his former wife's love nest. I have witnessed several acquaintances lives shattered by this kind of legal maneuvering. I went through a similar experience, thank God there were no children. Some recover, some even find the pot of gold. But many have their lives permanently altered. Stella never had a hand raised to her in revenge, but life eventually dealt it's own revenge. This also happens in real life. Thanks for a great story, this story stands tall among most of the stories of the past several weeks.

DepopuloDepopuloabout 10 years ago
Such a waste

The writing of the story is well done... for that alone I'd say 4.5 out of 5... but that's where the good of this *story* ends and the bad begins...

!. Your protagonist seems completely fine with lifes balls resting on his chin at all times and cares not one wit about it, nor does anything about it ever.

2. Every other character besides old guy and grandma mention have no redeaming qualities as you write about them. Whore gets away with everything, useless fuckbag who gets away with everything, guy with as above lifes nuts on his chin happily sucking away, a situation that would end in law suits all around, for ex wife, paramour, judge, job, every member of her family, every friend she had, her co-workers, the cops, the da, and hell even the kids.

3. Only worthwhile development that happened was after he would have LET THE FUCKING CUNT DROWN as any sane man would have.

4. Fuck the useless cunt and the kids that wanted away from the protag.

so each of those in my eyes qualifies as a negative star so we now have 0.5 stars out of 5.... I guess that means I gotta give ya a one... sorry... you write well structurally, but what you wrote is well... shitty would be a positive way to put it. Next time a lot less lifes nuts on chin and sucking away happily not carring about it would go a long way to your story's outcome... (I aint sayin your protag gotta bite off the dick and then shove it up lifes ass as in the nuclear btb stories, but well... a story be it imagined or real can go no where but down when it starts off on that concept.)

cloacascloacasabout 10 years ago
Why do male fantasies involve persecution?

Is it the humiliation in loss of power? The idea that a text message could put the police after you - when you have the text to you that started the contact - is absurd. It's the male fantasy that the world, represented by the evil woman, is out to get you.

And of course the police, who are 99%+ men, will arrest a guy in a suit in a restaurant the very instant he shows up and then keep him in jail for days is absurd. It's the male fantasy of humiliation.

I'm sorry. I can't buy into this emasculated crap. It's not manly to believe that shit.

The male fantasy stories follow trends. I remember KK killing the trend of wives (insanely) getting revenge on the husband by having him tied up while she fucks others. The newest trend is this humiliation by powers greater than you, that somehow the nearly all male power structure is replaced by female judges (and what? female police and female doctors and female whatevers and their male accomplices - being paid off with sex?) all with the goal of taking away all your power over your life. And so the male strikes out. One old trend, recently reappearing, is the male would simply run away, often leaving behind his kids for years at a time. Now the trend is have female power (!) deprive the male of his kids, often in connection with the guy then being forced to run away - so we get two male fantasies in one!

The author can write. But as to construction of the story, it could be much, much, much, much better. It portrays men as powerless and the only redemption is when a woman hands back that power. That's the opposite of life. Oh but wait, I forgot that most Literotica readers are stunted adolescents and they see their power as reflections of mommy and what mommy gives. It's pathetic. Grow the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You are turning out to be a super star writer on this site

Just hope you keep writing for many years to come. You also can post on storiesonline.a better quality reader on there site. Thanks for your wonderful stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You hit your mark

Your story is as unoriginal as anything your revered master can do, and almost as long. Much praise should be given to the restraint of the suffering victim. He never showed any anger through out, took every blow that hit him without a whimper. It takes a strong man to ingnore self respect and concentrate on doing the right thing no matter what. So many wronged husband stories here turn the hero into a paper tiger beating up fragile women to gain some feeling of pride. You are much needed on this site to please real men who hate cheating whore wives.

SirThopasSirThopasabout 10 years ago
Killer story

Very nice work. And I'm surprised that someone who has referenced Shakespeare as effectively as cloacas fails to miss that a good redemption story is about setting up the need for redemption and then reasonably executing it. Like others, I have seen the effectiveness and ruthlessness with which the lowest quality women utilize institutional supports (and how those supports fail to protect themselves from such abuse). I thought it was brilliant that you used them here, because they do produce a feeling of helplessness and imminent danger. Made me think of a story Henry Rollins told about spurning the advances of a woman after one of his shows in the 80's, her subsequently seeking revenge by accusing him of rape, and of being harassed by cops for months afterwards. It also made me think of my nephew, who is a small town cop and exhibits exactly the same mentality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Five stars!!!

All due respect Cloacas, you've obviously never been in the legal family court grinder that many of the rest of us have. The family court stuff rang all to true, that I wish it were fantasy. Don't fool yourself either, there are tons of male family court judges who screw men over constantly, just because they're male in a dispute with a female.

You need to do a little research before you ascribe this all to fantasy. In my experience it's often all too true. The courts are slowly changing, but if you're male, the deck is still stacked against you.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
The things the wife did in this story happen all of the time in real life.

In response to cloacas, I do find this pattern to be true in stories on this site. However, when dealing with divorce and the courts, this trend is actually parallel to reality. I know a few people that have dealt with divorce. I personally went through a period of separation from my wife. Family and divorce courts have a pattern of being unsympathetic toward the husband.

In my own case, when I separated from my wife for a year, I was told that I had to pay 1200 a month to her. She is a nurse (RN), so she makes almost as much as me (without overtime). We have one child together. When I tried to object to paying so much, the judge told me, "If this is too much money, get a second job." A strike of the gavel ended all discussion. Luckily I was able to reconcile with my wife and we moved on. And no, our separation had nothing to do with cheating! (lol)

I know of a female who was cheated on. She was so angry that she practically raped her husband in court. It was so easy. He was only granted supervised visits for an hour a week, even though he was a great father. She told him that she would make sure that he never saw his kids, but he would still have to pay a lot of money. It should teach him to keep it in his pants. Even though his cheating on her had nothing to do with how good of a father he was, she convinced the court that he should be kept away from them. They bought it. In the end, the kids miss their father and they are suffering. She is still bitter and trying to make life hard for him and his new fiancé by using her only weapon: the kids. The court is giving her free latitude to do so, because every time she figures out a new loophole to make him miserable, she takes it.

In the end, courts are often more favorable toward the women in divorce cases. Unless the woman is a heroin addict and is turning tricks to support the habit, she is getting the kids. Unless she is a millionaire and the husband is a janitor, she is getting alimony and child support. If she says that she is abused, she will often get the benefit of the doubt. Don't let these stories fool you. If you think that men can pull the shit that the characters in these stories pull, then you need get off of this site and take a closer look at the world around you.

FD45FD45about 10 years ago
Yes and No

To the admirable cloacas, yes, I agree with you. Sometimes this is taken to excess.

I find that this is no different than female fantasies. Watch Lifetime...where some guy does a woman wrong...and does her wrong some more...and then some more...but she gets better...and she's a blameless victim (OR he takes WAY to excessive revenge)

So this isn't a male/female thing. It is a human thing. Punch them down and then pick them up.

Yah, guys get raped in divorce court. But judges aren't stupid and ONE of the HUGE flaws in this story is the man's lawyer.

Why didn't he ask why the cops were RIGHT there in an entrapment scenario? Why didn't he put the officers on the stand? Why not see if the receptionist saw any 'threats'? Why didn't he offer phone records BOTH times to show SHE was instituting contact?

A judge may be a pussy whipped fool, but he isn't THAT bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
missing

the only thing missing would be a child with his new wife. the court system

does not deal with the lies of people in divorce very well. he said he did and she

said she did are often blown up very big and not real. the hate comes out

and winning is all that matters. good tale true to life

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 10 years ago
Enjoyable read

Five well-deserved stars, thanks for writing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Good story and great ending

Surprised by Clocas' comment - two of my friends went through almost the exact thing as the start of this story. Ex wives and their lawyers manipulate the daylights out of our legal system and really hurt the fathers and the kids. Interesting about the submerged logs - I know a guy in Florida who makes a living doing what is described in the story - but he is by no means rich from this line of work.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Nice Story, But...

I don't claim any legal expertise, but I believe that you would need more than unsubstantiated allegations to lose custody and require supervised visits.

And to be punished for responding to contact by the ex defies comprehension.

silverback_96silverback_96about 10 years ago
One of the Best!

Five ***** well-deserved stars, thanks for writing a great story.

john1946john1946about 10 years ago
Great

Now that was a fun story. I enjoyed reading it and keep "em coming

looking4itlooking4itabout 10 years ago
Nice Job

What a totally conniving cunt Stella was, huh? I guess one thing I expected (probably from other stories here) was a "second" family with Gayle and the nuances that it would cause with Steven and Carol. Probably at least an additional page or so and, in the long run, unnecessary. It was a well told story with roller coaster emotions and eventual justice (except for the idiot judge, which was the most objectionable and unbelievable part of the tale). Good guy ends up winning overall and evil sociopaths eventually end up with their much deserved karma.

rublicksrublicksabout 10 years ago
Great Tale

Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
it's Okay

4

SirThopasSirThopasabout 10 years ago
Amusing

Its funny how your audience is split between people who refuse to believe the system would ever allow itself to be played that way, and people who have seen it with their own eyes.

It's hard to fault people for wanting to have more faith in humanity than that. The point I would make is that if even one person can say they've seen the restraining order trickery game played successfully, then it cannot be too unrealistic for a story...

...and significantly more than one person appears to have seen it.

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 10 years ago
It sounds pretty legit

I've never been involved in a divorce in anyway before (thank god).

The closest I get is reading stories like this, but I don't have any delusions of "Justice" or victory for the innocent party. I know that the treatment of the husband and father is always despicable, it's pretty similar to his treatment in this story. It's even worse when kids are involved and custody battles ensue, even if the kids express urge to stay with the dad; the courts will almost always award the mother custody(maternal love and all that). But that's why I love stories on this site where a husband can come out a winner in some ways. I know its fiction, but it's somewhat satisfactory and it can give a guy ideas on how to prevent getting raped in court. So I'm gonna give this story a 4/5, the father got his children's love back, his ex wife is miserable, the bastard who tried to take his family is suffering beyond belief and he has new rospects and a loving new girl in his life. The only thing to make this perfect is a savage beating to his former boss, oh well ce lave, can't have everything.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
seen it happen

I have seen these kind of "games" with restraining orders and allegations of abuse in divorces and child custody actions.

Those who have never seen it will have a hard time believing, as it does offend our wish to believe in honesty and human good nature.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Decent story, if a bit predictable

My problem was the writing. While generally okay, it was clumsy. Yeah, I'm kinda the grammar nazi type, but seriously, there were some pretty bad passages. Your use of commas is sorta scattershot, and some words just did NOT belong in context.

Get an editor. It could make a world of difference.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Romantic Revenge Story

First it all good story for 5*****. True Romantic Revenge Story. If I had written this story Gayle and John would have tried babies at the end.............

katranmankatranmanabout 10 years ago
Nicely Done

You have written another winner, very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to more from you in the future. 5 stars!

SKHPSKHPabout 10 years ago
If it's so easy to get a husband & father taken down by a court of law...

...I am glad to live in Europe and not in the US of A. But maybe (as Cloacas wrote): just a male fantasy about humilation.

I would have liked to hear a bit more about the wife, perhaps from herself. Cruelty and greed like this does not come out of nothing. He must have been blind indeed.

Nevertheless a well-written masterpiece that deserved 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
erotic?

Your story is great in the aspects of grammar, spelling and overall syntax. And yet, I was hoping to read an erotic story, not a cloud of hate, wrath, vengeance and comeuppance with a sex scene somewhere.

With that, what I mean is I saw no wife doing some actual loving (with get husband or otherwise) to justify the chosen genre.

Also, the characters are a tad unrealistic, a bit more eighteenth-century-styled, too romantic: the evil ones are so in a thorough, unrepentant way, until they are therefore divinely punished; the good ones must go through trials and are purely good, rewarded by the fates for that.

I didn't want to be a troll and simply go "ugh, piece of shit," because it isn't and authors deserve respect.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
A nice little tale.

I don't know about the sunken log retrieval - it just did not seem plausible with a pontoon boat. Did Gayle's grandfather already have plenty of land and money to make this happen? Once people became aware of their business, didn't bigger outfits come in and squeeze them out? The author slipped in some words to indicate he has a good vocabulary, but the writing was atrocious! In need of some serious editing/proofreading. BTW, does one "jury rig" something or does one "jerry-rig" something? Maybe neither of us is correct.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story

It's about time somebody post a great story again.

The author did a great job thanks.

Johnrossewing

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 10 years ago
Enjoyed it but it is time to start the pool

Nice, sweet story. Maybe a bit to perfect an ending but that is what makes these stories rather than news reports.

I think it is time to start the pool on what your next work will be titled.

I am putting my money on Golddigger. But I think i should reserve Gigalo also to over both sexes.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nicely written.

I've read hundreds of stories on this site but never before submitted a comment. As erotica, it was pretty tame. But this story was so well written, and so well thought-out, that I felt compelled to say thanks. Fine job!

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
*****

First time I've read your work, I think. Enjoyed it a lot. Good story line and sentence structure. The nit pickers will tear down the logging portion, but still made for a good read. Cheers!

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
Thank you......

Thank you for a well written, emotional and heart rendering story. I'm looking forward to your next submission.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
My Thanks too

In many case the judges act arbitrarily on family cases because they are much less likely to have problems, like a mistrial, than they will in a criminal case. The judge's opinion is the law and it is very hard to be heard in a higher court. The truth is that many of the decisions made by the Child Protection People are completely arbitrary and very difficult to contest. I remember a case of a judge who would take the minors under his "protection" until he exhausted the estates of their departed parents., and them throw then throw them in the foster system.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Nice but a little to Disney.

Wonderful writing but I felt the storyline was lame at the finish. Great set up with him being dragged down to the bottom but the rest was to sugar coated. It always scores well with the readers who have been through the ringer but...4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Alphabetical

Great story.

What will the story presented by the letter "G" be like?

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Great tale!

5 Stars, no doubt!

My only issue was with the lack of justice against Ted the Asshole. ex-Wifey had her justice served to her by karma. The pregnancies. The weight gain and losing her looks.

Ted, on the other hand, didn't really suffer at all. All that bullshit they did to John because Ted thought that John had wronged HIM somehow??? Seriously??? Ted had a severe beatdown coming, but it never materialized.

About the only karmic justice for Ted was having Stella gain weight and lose her looks. But then, he can just start cheating with another woman and do to Wifey what they did to John back at the beginning.

The son of a bitch has it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I agree Ted Got off without retribution

How can a person turn so. Cold and calculating into a total bitch while in a loving relationship with a good man. And no children from GaLe. 5 stars your work deserves more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
To many critics looking for flaws but a great story overall

The story had some holes but the point was made . A great read

SSpencer67SSpencer67about 10 years ago
great job indeed

Great story. Well written. I hope that there are more stories from this writer in the future. 5 stars only because I can't do 6. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story...

A pretty good story but you need to get an editor to clean it up some.

thebuffalothebuffaloabout 10 years ago

Good work. Lot of positive, well deserved, comment.

My beef, a semi-small one. It just isn't realistic. Life generally doesn't work that way - and certainly not that quickly.

jman337jman337about 10 years ago
Incredible story

Well done...

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Romantic Revenge

@ID Ted got a total Romantic Revenge treatment look at the text at the end:

"I suspected she had a long list of do-overs. Ted Jefferson had continued his philandering lifestyle until he met up with a gold digger that drained him financially. By the time the succubus had finished with him, he had lost his money, his businesses, and his home. He had tried to confront her and the boyfriend put him into the hospital. He had to file bankruptcy and now he and Stella were desperate to make a living. Her children with Ted continued to cause problems at home and at school."

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
re: Ted

So your complaint is that John did not personally get revenge ?

It should be enough that both Ted and Stella received their due by way of karma.

Their lives basically sucked.

And John did not need to feel any uncertainty around his children, his hands were clean.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
this had a five star rating by page 2

Shocked + amazed. Whew. I've read this author's first few stories & admired his romantic side but needed grit to make a balanced story. Frankly I didn't see that happening. Wrong !

There's too many strong points to list in full so I'm just listing the first several that come to mind.1) Loved the element of karma very gradually coming into play. Statistics bear out that relationships stemming from cheating don't work long term.

2) Excellent and very real illustration of how kids can be subverted and alienated from non-custodial parents

3) Courtroom melodrama unfortunately all too real: I've heard, read and seen variations of these power plays manifest in real life.

4) The narrator's gradual rebirth and ascent from ashes on both romantic and fiscal was both credible and heartening.

Nuff said except I'm looking forward to this tale cracking Hall of Fame along with mega-kudos and thx to oshaw who in my eyes has written a story that ranks with Slirpuff's or Rheinquist's best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you, 5*

Excellent story.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 10 years ago
very good story

You piled on the legal crap. It would not have gotten past even a halfway competent lawyer. And thanks for the Shreveport history lesson, very cool stuff.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 10 years ago
The story

Has some real problems.Yeah,the courts can be a horrible place,there is no doubt,but a first year law studen could handle this one.Stellas allegations of abuse would not bear scrutiny, the kids would not show,signs,there were no er visits,no signs of it to friends and family.More importantly,if she texted him even morons that are often judges would cite her for contempt,because there is proof she contacted him,as there would be with the restaurant meeting,that she had called him.Real life is bad enough,but the legal stuff in here is pure fiction and it didn't need to be.Also,why would,stella stay with ted after he lost everything? If she is that venal,why would she? She makes no sense, the bitch that dumped him would not stay with ted,whom she,supposedly went to because he was rich....

Black_Dragon_PrincessBlack_Dragon_Princessabout 10 years ago
legal nightmare

the shit pulled by Stella and Ted on John would have been caught by a law student before she took the bar exam. John must have the most incompetent lawyer ever because the texts from Stella that she wanted to meet him would be enough to get the restraining and no contact orders dropped!

the case of the children being allegedly beaten is another part that would not hold up with a CPS worker and doctor verifying the health and welfare of the children. from a legal standpoint this story does not hold up but as an emotional rollercoaster it works on many levels so i gave it 4* ^^

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
A golddigger's choice

@njlauren It is understandable Stella have 3 common kids with Ted, and after the lost fortune he have to work for the family. Stella has difficult decision to live alone with low children support or to live with Ted with better financial state, but not to be wealthy more. I am not sorry for her.........

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago

@bidingtime

Actually, it isn't an accurate portrayal of the system. All it would take, as Black_Dragon_Princess just stated, would be for Hubby's lawyer to present the cellphone text and call logs to the judge for the removal of the Restraining Order and No-Contact Order. No-Contact orders go both ways. If Wifey was contacting him and setting up meetings, it's obvious that she really didn't fear for her own safety. Also, in ANY accusations of physical abuse against children, they are checked out by a doctor, and CPS does an investigation. My wife is an attorney, so unless you are too, I suggest you read up on legal policies and procedures before you try to pass off misinformation as the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
4*s

I like the plot. The protagonist and his experiences were very heartrenderiing !

Could have used a little more development of the ex-wife. Her motivations were

quickly covered in a short exposition paragraph. Made her more like an evil cartoonish monster. Rather than a self- motivated person.

Another writer did this before . Still ,your efforts are appreciated. Thanks for a

good story.

Looking forward to the rest of the alphabet,lol.

AMerryMan

FireFox59FireFox59about 10 years ago
Stella

Is one nasty bitch. Glad she got what she deserved in the end.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherabout 10 years ago
Very good

OK so I'm not big into Loving wives but this was one hell of a good story. Very believable and well written. What more could you ask for?

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 10 years ago
I Concur with Cloacas

as much as I ranted and raved --- in a glowingly positive way, of course --- over your other two stories, EQUATION and BALANCE, I think it is, at best, EXTREMELY mediocre.

for exactly the points CLOACAS made.

once I came across the scene of the guy dressing in a suit, with fragrance and all, and showing up in a restaurant the ex-wife TEXTED him to show up, only to be immediately man-handled by a whole bunch of police officers standing on the ready... I just couldn't go on with the story...

it makes a mockery of the wife, the police, the judge/judicial system, the husband, the lawyers and even the AUTHOR.... to have to tell a story in such a mindless manner.

oh, the police folks CAN BE very rough and sometimes they do things to you no one understands, I understand that. I've been at the receiving end of it, for doing no more than jaywalking, across a street in Downtown Minneapolis, a street I had done plenty of time... the officer said I broke the law and was basically a criminal.

I merely told her either to give me a ticket or shut the fuck up (but no in so many words) and, THEN, she starting pulling on my rain coat in a manner than had I been a rough gang kid --- and not a private school tutor who was reading a PHYSICS BOOK at the time, too lost in the book, I guess --- I would have, COULD HAVE done something BOTH she and I would have regretted immediately... she pulled and dragged me into the underground parking and THEN gave me more lectures and a citation, which WAS DISMISSED, later, by the city prosecutor when it got to his/her office later in the month.

I tried to look that officer up and hand to her the dismissed paper I got from the city prosecutor's office, to no avail... I didn't try too hard, I must confess...

anyway, AS CLOACAS said: ------- the set up was not believable, ASIDE from the underlying reasons he gave, starting with the "trend" by KK... a trend I don't remember, to be honest (all I remember is that KK wrote some interesting and clever little stories; a certain trend about sissy men character, THAT I don't remember; perhaps it's because it's not important enough to capture my attention...)

lastly, this story (or continuation of a previous story?), is quite the opposite of EQUATION, the latter with the man being perplexed at the actions of someone he loved deeply... being so much so, he completely abandon his teaching profession and started meandering aimlessly, without direction and without goals, for some years.

but the DIFFERENCE IS, he (in EQUATION) didn't wallow in the mud and rub it on his own face and tell the world how dirty and smelly the mud was and WHO threw him there in the first place and there's no way he could blah, blah, blah.... the CONFUSION and SADNESS and PERPLEXING nature of what his former wife did TO HIM (in EQUATION) was believable and how his life UNRAVELED thereafter was VERY DECENTLY BELIEVABLE, too...

not this

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
yes they will

The police and DA will go after you for violating a restraining order by sending a text message.

No contact means NO CONTACT.

The legal system is what is making a mockery of justice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Got what FireFox 59???

Help the readers understand your pov??

Looks to me that "Darling", besides being a Class A1 Wimp, got bitch slapped for 5 years of by his WHORE ex wife while his ungrateful brats (assuming their even his considering the gold digging cum dump he was married to) shit all over him! Hell, if my dog could "roll over and play dead" half as well as John, he'd be making me a mint performing for Ringling Brothers ... the dog that is!!! Btw ... the readers already know who the clown in this farce is!?!

So FF 59 help the "non" Cuck/Wimp/cheating WHORE wife apologist crowd understand how Numb Nuts (aka .. John) got anything from his despicable family other than a complete castration of his male identity!?!

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago

@Tw0Cr0ws

There's a difference between a Restraining Order and a No-Contact Order. No-Contact Orders state specifically that you can't call or text the person who had the order put out against you. Restraining Orders simply state that you can't come within 100, 200, 500, 1000, etc. Feet or Yards, depending on how it's worded. Granted, they usually do go hand in hand, but with the No-Contact Order, Wifey in this tale would NOT be allowed to contact Hubby by call or text to set up the meetings that got him busted. It's called Harassment, and Wifey would have been in some serious trouble for it if this tale had been legally accurate or Hubby's lawyer had been anything but incompetent, like my wife said. Her No-Contact and Restraining Orders would have been revoked, since any judge with half a brain would see that she was gaming the system once the text and call log evidence was presented by Hubby's lawyer.

Thanks go to my wife for clarifying this for me. :)

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
Apologists for Family Court System are as lame as the process

Speaking as someone whose mother, sister and ex/ baby mama are all barristers, I hear and have heard a lot about ' how things work '. The fact is that if you are female, ready to sling mud, have legal pitbulls on retainer & soon to be ex-husband doesn't have equal resources, it's game over.

The text subplot may have been a goof but the fact is the overall pattern of how a party can conduct dissolution of a marriage in bad faith is all too real. Women get the benefit of the doubt almost all the time.

I, myself, still remember having to file for custody when the ex gf announced she was sick and therefore I couldn't see my kid.. Later on after custody was awarded she bit me in front of kid and my mother. I got bite marks & blood documented by police and she was charged. Open and shut case, err no. She got trial postponed three times by changing her mind whether she wanted to represent self or not.

The third time the witness / investigating officer's father died. He couldn't show up. She got it pled down to third degree assault. Later on she moved back to California without notice. Back in home state , when confronted by my lawyer and judge. Her exscuse was Uncle Joe the family patriarch died & she needed to return to said family and forgot to notify me for a month. Lame but in terms of consequences , the outcome was zero.

I got off easy to tell truth but others haven't. Family court judges are free to accept paid speaking engagements and campaign contributions from lawyers and firms who have active cases. The system is corrupt, biased and rotten. This story was fantastic in showing what a waking nightmare, it can be. It won't change until there's reform. Yup, I'm not holding my breath on that one. Been there and despositioned that. Once was enough and too much.

Black_Dragon_PrincessBlack_Dragon_Princessabout 10 years ago
that is true

LordSlam it is true about how family court and divorce sometimes happens. but the texting and calls from Stella would get any orders of protection in either restraint or no contact form against John nullified if a lawyer with some common sense files the motion with the evidence apparent. judges take bribes but if a lawyer's motion like that gets thrown out with no consequences against the perpetrator that judge won't be sitting on the bench for very long after the DA investigation is finished.

its a shame about what happened to you but divorce can get ugly real fast and yes women usually have the upper hand. our whole point here is that those texts were never presented as more than a plot device for entrapment during the story when a law student would have been competent enough to see them for what they were and take appropriate action

also the way the abuse allegations were handled in this story was way off from how they happen in reality. were the doctors and CPS workers bribed to present false findings? that was never addressed

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
I wish

an author would give a complete citation when referring to stories by others. I has us curious, but leaves us unable to find and read the other story.

This was overall a good but sad story. So much trauma, drama, and heartache because of a greedy gold digger.

then there were the sloppy mistakes. One that was a tad humorous was near the end of ch 04as he leaves the campfire to trek upstream to find and bring back the boat

"I would have to navigate the bank of the river upstream without light, shod only in tennis shoes among the sharp and knobby roots waiting to trip me."

yet upon his successful return:

"she undressed me and cursed me at the same time as she cried seeing the scratches and bruises all over my body. . . .

. . . . . . the fire was still roaring, a new stockpile of wood was on hand and once again my clothes were being dried from the heat of the fire"

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Wow!

@bidingtime

That sucks, man. Too bad none of those lawyers you hired were competent enough to even get the Orders removed, since I'm guessing that you had the exact same thing happen. Your ex must have entrapped you like Wifey did to Hubby in this tale, or something very similar? Either that, or the Judge was on the take. It happens occasionally. The Text and Call logs from your phone service provider should have cleared you. If the Judge in your case ignored all that, he was dirty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Like

I liked the story, but you need to finish the story. You left us hanging..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
stick to cosplay IronDork or

D&D or whatever you dorks know about since law, logic, and the justice system just isn't your forte. Of course, sucking up to the insecure non-men crying in this category is fine (boo-hoo, the judge ruled against me, so unfair!) since refusing to accept responsibility is endemic to the cockless misogynists polluting LW.

When a judge makes a ruling it usually makes one party happy and one party sad. Rarely is it ever based on bribes (take off your tinfoil hat or step out of the fantasy realm you dungeonmaster in) but instead is usually based on things like precedent, evidence, statutory and case law, and even some bias.

"Dirty?" Are you for fucking real or just lapping up the "poor me, wimmens done me wrong" horseshit so prevalent around here?

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
@Anonymous "stick to cosplay"

Wow, bro! I haven't played D&D since I was a 19 year old Specialist in the Army during my first tour of service. I didn't have enough cash to go to the club that weekend. LOL

You, on the other hand, seem to know the terminology very well. That tells me that you must do it on a daily basis, bro. I had to look up the definition of "cosplay" but since you knew about it already, it must be something you do as well. Hey, if you like dressing up as a cartoon chick, that's your thing, bro. I won't judge you on that. Oh, and as for me "manning up", as you put it, you're the one hiding behind your Anonymous tag. Why don't you man up and create a FREE account on here? Or are you too much of a punk ass bitch? Dang, bro. I'd feel sorry for you, but you're just too pathetic.

Your tears fuel me when you rant and try to insult me. :)

greowulfgreowulfabout 10 years ago
Good story

I admire your research for a unique story (cards in the last, the wood venture in this).Your female characters are still flat, and you still rush through any romantic elements. Still well worth reading.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Almost could be a film script

Thanks for the good read.

Makes for a much better outcome than the less-realistic apocalyptic revenge stories.

While it would need a little polishing up, the story WOULD be an excellent film plot.

Better than the horse whisperer... she was a whore, who cuckolded her hubby and raised a fuckwit's kid... and all the women in the world think it's a lovely romance.

In your story, your lead character is a real man, and if you can accept that someone could have as much moral fortitude as he has, he is a realistic man as well.

Thanks for the read. 5 stars.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Romantic Revenge Story

@Anon You are wrong, because this story is Revenge story too!

DjshengDjshengabout 10 years ago
10/10

I shed a tear. Was a great read

JeffTomJeffTomabout 10 years ago
Great Story

I don't often give 5 stars. This is one of the best I have read. In my lifetime I have never seen a do over work.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
IronDoofus

Put down the Pokemon cards and go outside, anyone who has been outside of their mom's basement has heard the term "cosplay."

Shave your neckbeard and join the 21st century, you can't be the hero of these cockless woman-haters by rolling percentile dice in shed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Awesome

Absolutely love your stories. As a father supporting 3 kids and a worthless wife, you give me hope.

diegotoadstickerdiegotoadstickerabout 10 years ago
I nice Story

I liked the reality of the story but think that the husband's lawyer was totally incompetent. But if he had done his job we wouldn't have the rest of the story of perseverance and rebirth.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
A very Comfortable read -

Just the right touch of vengeance on the Ex, good interplay with the Future wife.

Well constructed with enough History thrown in to make it an excellent Novella…

oshawoshawabout 10 years agoAuthor
To Whom It May Concern

I expect periodically that a particular poster, either under his name, or a doppelganger that I became aware of, or anonymously will post a comment of how I have redacted his posts. This individual has a history of critiquing stories as though he is doing us all a favor by doling out his pearls of wisdom. Ironically, this self described genius has yet to write his first story here on Literotica.

This individual sought me out through private communication and continued to critique my stories using the most inane examples possible. That was when I made the mistake of pointing out the typos and poor grammar and flawed reader's comprehension of the individual's comments. Fair play, right?

That led to an escalating exchange of communications, whereupon, the individual called my Mother some vile derogatory terms.

Look, you may not like my stories, you may criticize them till the cows come home and that is fine by me. All I'm trying to do is give back to a website where I have enjoyed so many well written stories.

But, when you take the opportunity to vilify my deceased Mother, a line has been crossed. So, I elected to delete this individual's comments and now he is pissing all over himself that I am not letting him play in my sandbox.

Too fucking bad, asshole. You may post, and it may stay up temporarily, but rest assured it will eventually be taken down. I think a cursory review of the comments on my stories will show I'm pretty open minded to criticisms and I want that dialogue to continue. But understand, you cross that line of defaming my family then I will respond accordingly.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Similar posters

@ oshaw You are lucky, because you did not get that as I got from Linecaster and Karenwoods. These posters wished my painful death.

BTW who konw how I could import my letter from Outlook Expert to a good program as Thunderbird or other????? I saved the Outlook Expert files, but I did not know the Windows 7 such damn program...........Fuck Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!! Only one happiness I have I could not get death threatening from Karenwoods and Linecaster for some days.............

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
another preceint heard from

oshaw, congrats for creating another terrific story. Well crafted and skillfully written. "Fortune" is one of the better renditions of the modern urban fairytale of "Evil Woman Destroys Saintly Man". From reading the commentaries it is obvious that you have accomplished the satisfaction of your chosen audience of old, bitter men.

Now my POV comes from the other end of society. My wife and I were volunteers for an NGO that attempted to provide abused women and children with safe shelter and access to whatever medical and social services they needed.

Our society glorifies predation and cruelly deprives social services for the most deprived and impoverished so some rich people can have more & more pretty, shiny toys. Continuous deprivation of funding has reduced the police and social service agencies to impotent shadows of what is needed.

It took years of therapy for me to overcome the deep depression I fell into as a result of all the funerals I had to attend for the victims of government neglect due to the callous indifference of the onepercenters and their grovelling apologists.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
Bad, fanfare, bad!

Yeah, I misspelled precinct, mea incapable!

I forgot to add the last line of my diatribe; I wonder if this is an axiom or a dictum?

ahem..."The only point of contention between the wolf and the shepherd is which one of them will eat the lamb!"

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Not same group!

@ fanfare I think those sad old men who like the Revenge Stories they are not among the wife beater, wife-children abuser men. Two distinct groups!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
protect ?

Of course governments are poor protectors of the weak, male or female, this stands to reason as governments see their job as to protect themselves, and by extension their allies.

Victims whether male or female have little to offer to those in power or those seeking power.

Lawyers however do have much to offer, when they are not themselves in or seeking power.

The divorce industry (what else would you call it ?) is a creation of the lawyers to build a gravy train for their own profit.

They have created a system which rewards and encourages unfaithfulness in women (minus their fee)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous