All Comments on 'Life then stops'

by UnderYourSpell

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 10 years ago

I liked the way it ended. Until then, I thought it was little more than a rambling stream of consciousness connecting similar words, but the way you brought it together in the last few lines turned it into a smart delightful poem. That's what I look for when I read.

Maria2394Maria2394about 10 years ago
profound

is the best I can come up with. Annie, you have outdone yourself this time. It may not seem like poetry, but once I got started reading, it pulled me and pulled me until I couldn't read it fast enough. My favorite line is " all is most of Fall". You are an outstanding and wonderfully talented poet and writer. WOW! just wow. really good work, Lady:)

~ maria

buttersbuttersabout 10 years ago
5 of course!

twisty, smart, and one of the most innovative and connecting (with me as a reader) pieces from you, Annie - this breaks the rules in the best possible way, proving you can do so much we're told we shouldn't but if handled deftly will still make a great piece!

the strange thing is, i heard this not in your voice but in David Tennant's Dr.Who english voice.

Oldbear63Oldbear63about 10 years ago
I really enjoy these

And this is about the best I have ever seen. I love the way you twisted some of the cliches and made it even that much more interesting.

TsothaTsothaalmost 10 years ago

I like this one, UYS. Streams of consciousness often look random, but here I find order underneath "chaos". There is a story being told, here, with each choice of next word. Perhaps unconsciously. Or perhaps it's me, creating a story. In any case, this poem is more than the sum of its words. Thumbs up.

JWrenJWrenover 9 years ago
A winner

Imaginative links of cliches and songs maintain pace and flow. Reminds me of old Billy Joel "fire" song.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous