All Comments on 'Does Size Really Matter'

by ticklechambers

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
*****

A welcome article from a woman's perspective. I remember hearing a woman doctor saying the vagina has nerves only for the first 3 or 4 inches, as you also state. "Dead above that," the doctor said. Too many guys equate size with pleasure. A lot of women seem to as well. Too bad. As a guy of average length I suffered for years unnecessarily from feeling inadequate even though the women never complained about my size and I was able to give them orgasms. I love women and love making them come. Maybe that is what really counts. Learning the facts helps too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Another thing

In humans, the size of the flaccid penis bears little relationship to the size of the penis when fully erect. There are numerous scientific studies on this. Showers vs. growers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is an age old question still being asked today...

So use a question mark at the end of it!

Your article is correct in terms of physicality, but you do NOT address the issue of the mind, a woman's mental response to seeing and feeling a big one (be it positive or even negative), nor does it address such things as prefernces, fetishes etc, which are all very relevant to the argument. Sex for humans is unlike that for any other species, in that it's not just about the physical mechanics of the act. That has to be factored in, and in the end, size may not matter to some women, but maybe very important for others.

Perhaps the question should be, "Given the choice between a skillful lover with an average sized cock or a skillful lover with a large cock, what would you chose?"

Would size not matter then?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Total truth

I can say that although I have over 6 1/2 inches, I have never had a women orgasm with my penis alone. Of course, I've only had sex with 10-12 different women in my entire life so that isn't much to go on. I asked my wife about her past and she said her first husband had a very large cock and it hurt her. She was never able to orgasm on his either so I have to believe large penises are overrated. She truly love my tongue, though.

SWIM21SWIM21almost 10 years ago
Regarding the psychological response vs. physical response to penis size

As a previous commenter noted, this article only addresses a woman's physical response to penis size, not her psychological response. For the sake of qualification, I have a BS in psychology and have done several research projects/presentations on the psychology of human desire. From what I have read, among women, visual and psychological arousal from large penis size (and by large, I mean pornstar size) is mainly reported by bisexual women. Even more interesting, it has been shown in several eye-tracker/plethysmography studies of heterosexual men and women while watching porn, heterosexual men paid far more attention to the penis than women did, which is one of the many reasons why heterosexual women generally don't enjoy visual porn. Women pay greater attention to facial features/expressions, height, musculature, and clothing than to the particular size and shape of the penis. If you think about it, it makes sense, considering that getting a date with a woman doesn't generally entail whipping out your cock for inspection before she'll say yes. God help us all if it comes to that!

In the end, it mostly comes down to a question of self-perception. A lot of the reason why men pay so much attention to penis size is because size in general (meaning body size as well) is primally tied to male perception of social dominance, which is determined far before mate selection ever occurs. Basically, following direct physical competition, the biggest or strongest male is voluntarily deferred to by the males that are too small to physically compete at all, which means that dominance is ultimately determined by strength and ability, not cock size or sexual prowess, and contrary to popular belief, having high testosterone has no correlation with penis size. Social dominance is tied to sexual dominance, therefore, if you are defeated in the social arena, chances are you are going to perceive yourself as less capable in the sexual arena as well, even before you step into the ring. This is why confidence is so important, but here's something else to remember - it doesn't matter how you got it, as long you have it. So if having a 4.0 GPA rather than a 100 notches on your bedpost makes you feel good about yourself, act like it's something to be proud of (because it is), project confidence in yourself and your abilities and women will start paying attention. If a girl sees your cock and tells you it isn't big enough for her - congratulations! Now you can go and find a girl who doesn't have a pussy as wide as the grand canyon or character as shallow as a politician's promise.

ticklechambersticklechambersalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for reading my piece and also those who have favorited it. Any constructive feedback or alternative viewpoints are welcome, I will only respond to make changes when viewpoints are supported by reliable source materials. I knew this would be a hot topic so I did expect some diversity in response... :) thanks again.

SWIM21SWIM21over 9 years ago
About source materials

I forgot to mention it in my earlier comment, but I got my information from a book titled "A Billion Wicked Thoughts" by Ogi Ogas and Sai Gaddam. In the book, two computational neuroscientists used statistical techniques on data gleaned from internet usage in order to create a loose portrait of what actually turns people on and why. They also cited a ton of behavioral research and there is a huge appendix at the back of the book where they go into detail about their own sources. It's a fascinating book and I highly recommend it. I myself read it three times and even gave a presentation on it in a course on the psychology of gender. There is also a website with a lot of their findings boiled down into blog posts. Just google "A Billion Wicked Thoughts" and you can find it easily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting, But Not Entirely Accurate

You left out a very important key factor. Length is irrelevant because it's the thickness of the shaft that stimulates pleasure. The width rubs the vaginal walls which is why sex is enjoyable. Focusing on that aspect would have made going on about length a needless endeavor. Length does not usually matter. Thickness does. Even if you possess a ten inch cock, if it resembles a pencil, your partner will not enjoy the sensation very much. Nice essay, I just don't think you explained things in a way that makes it sound like plausible, or reliable information.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

Thanks for clearing my misconceptions. I spent 5 years of my life worrying about not being able to satisfy a woman. My penis is 4 and 1/2 inches when erect.

lickitandstickitlickitandstickitalmost 7 years ago
Thank you

Here all along I thought my average sized cock was small.. and I'd been compensating with my fingers and tongue to make up for it, only to find out that I'd been doing exactly what the wife wanted all along, too bad she didn't tell me instead of you but hey, who cares where good news comes from right ? LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Size Matters

There is so much misinformation and so many bogus products surrounding penis enlargement that when they discover the solution, no one will believe. So here goes; any male can permanently increase length and girth in the same way a bodybuilder adds mass and becomes larger. As you stress tissue, the body goes into a natural process of creating new cells making you larger. The question is not whether permanent enlargement is possible but instead, how do you safely stress penile tissue to promote cell growth? The answers can be found at MagnumRings.com.

Ray RobertsRay Robertsover 3 years ago

The size of a male member (cock) is always a point of contention and like others who have commented, I continue to be intrigued about size. Why because I am in the small bracket and therefore fixated on the look of my penis and how inferior it was when compared with other males. I was so consumed by these negative thoughts that in my late teens I gave up sporting ambitions to stay away from the need to use communal showers. I took up golf because the clubhouse had individual showers and my embarrassment was curtailed. Needless to say, I didn't have virginal sex until 21 years of age. Despite my worries, I was a very popular guy with the girls, I was blessed with good looks and told I could be a stand-in for Gregory Peck (which annoyed me a lot because he was so much older than me!) I went to a mixed school and always had a girlfriend. Girls often squabbled amongst themselves over being my partner and whilst we did woodwork they had cooking classes and once a month they were allowed to invite a boy to share the produce, I was overwhelmed by the invites and always at the table for the free meals. I share this just to show you how popular one could be even with a small penis. I certainly knew my way around a female's body and this continued with countless girlfriends via-ing for my company. Looking back on the 15 to 21 years old period of my life I could have gone all the way many times but it was me that was too shy to do so. That is until I met up with a Swedish Au pair who was in England for a gap year until university. This turned my life around I filled my boots with a week in her company. That relationship lasted six months before she returned to Sweden, I visited her for three weeks and left her pregnant. After that I was on a roller-coaster fucking around at my choice, I started to become a stud to other couples and engaged in the swinging scene and I went from one conquest to another. I married at 27 but continued to have affairs, sometimes it was with wives of friends and often they then sort of recommended me to other wives. I liked, no needed, to have sex at least three times a day my first marriage collapsed when my wife was pregnant with our second child and I passed on gonorrhea, a traumatic confession after I found out. I then went back on the swinging scene before marrying a German beauty who I met in the London Playboy Club, yes she was a bunny girl, that marriage lasted three glorious years, we had no children and the break-up was more about money than anything, my money, she wanted it! I then spent another great year in the London Club scene before marrying again. We have remained together for the past 42 years.

So to get back to cocks! My first wife commented that I was the first male to make her orgasm with intercourse. My second wife said that although it was good visually and to play with a big cock she was much happier to have sex with me, I ticked all her boxes when it came to sex and staying power. My third wife says she is more than happy to have only me as her provider of pleasure. In all I must have had sex with about 200 women and I have never had anyone complain about the size of my cock. Of course, I would be mortified if they had and personally I would still like about 2" bigger, I measure just over 4&1/2" I have 9 children by 6 different mothers and have paid for about the same number abortions. I simply couldn't bring myself to ask for a small Durex at the chemist and I hate the feel of a condom anyway, as do most women. (note the pill was not available in my younger days) So I do agree with comments on size made by others but that extra 2" would have helped.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous