All Comments on 'Turning Towards Ohio'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
oshawoshawalmost 10 years ago

Great story StangStar!

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
Well Worth The Wait!

Glad you're back with another typical StangStar most excellent story.

A ripping good yarn, with a happy (no wimps) ending.

I was hooked from beginning to end. The story was so compelling that I didn't notice the length or the time.

Now I'm gonna be late for work! LOL!!!

Sid0604Sid0604almost 10 years ago
Another great story...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I've Only Just Started This, But...

How foolish she is!

She's comparing the memory of young lovers having passionate, 'just learning about sex' sex with the reality of mature, 20-years together, raising a family, sex.

It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Doesn't she realize that if she had stayed with Jason that things after 20 years wouldn't be so exciting either?

IdiotsavantIdiotsavantalmost 10 years ago
My Day is made!!!

Best way to start the day is to see that StangStar06 has written another masterpiece. Well Done!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
smiling

I see your name and your entry... I say to my self "well here goes some time and study of this tale by this author". You Just Seem to be able to Put them together... Thanks

OldStormyOldStormyalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

Gotta love Aunt Tillie. Thanks Stang for another great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Not much more to say except than that, excellent. Oh and I loved the " Just Plain Bob" reference.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 10 years ago
Great!!

Thanks for sharing.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Minor Continuity Glitch

At Aunt Tillie's she's told about Jason's time in prison rather than in the service.

Then later, as her father is taking her home, he tells her again like it's a revelation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Work!

Always good to read some fresh Stangstar! This LW section sucks without you, so keep em' coming! Thanks so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A good story gone bad

Tedious with a predictable moralistic ending...rubbish .... hate the revenge crap losers churn out, it should be in a category of it's own, called pathetic.

bibble36bibble36almost 10 years ago
Brilliant

Excellent story as usual, I liked the just plain bob reference and that the bad guy was named Jason Vorhees, for some reason I kept thinking a hockey mask and machete might be hidden somewhere in Jason's wife's car. Looking forward to the next tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Cant even keep continuity straight from page to page. Maybe if your stories weren't over padded and full of information no one wants or needs you wouldn't have this problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
You can't..

..write quick enough to keep me satisfied with your stories. This was something I would not have expected and even though there were a few very minor flaws, the gist of the tale came through like a gold plated GT 500 in the midst of a bunch of rice grinding Kia's and Toyota's. Loved it and eagerly await your next venture into the world of Mustang love. Give us something involving the city of Romulus and the Detroit Metro Airport from the late '60's to the early '70's. Gotta be a story there. Maybe throw in a garage band, too.

A big fan,

the Fuddpucker

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 10 years ago
Nine pages?

Come on stang - who's got the time to plow through?

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years ago

Welcome back - we've missed your stories and submissions. :)

A perfect Stangstar story, exactly what we've come to enjoy. If people haven't figured out your MO by now, they are never going to.

-V

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Too bad there isn't a "Dumb Wives" category

I don't know what got into you StangStar, with this story. I stopped reading when she said, "If we do this, do you promise you won't tell my husband?" Like she can trust a sleaze like Jason. I skipped to the last two pages to read the happy ending with the new girlfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Why

Why don`t you go back on vacation and STOP writing this fucking SHIT. Always too fucking Long. Why can`t you make your stories short.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well written, but...

Although getting rid of the stupid cheating slut and hooking up with a hot rebound relationship makes good fiction, it rarely work out well in real life. However, I enjoy your writing well enough to suspend reality for the time it takes to read.

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001almost 10 years ago
Another just plain bob tribute

Well written, Stang. Page 8 paragraph 21

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
About minorities

@Anon we (many readers) enjoy to read about lucky and succesful ex husbands who may be the minority of divorced husbands but they are succesful in the divorce, sometimes in a good revenge and to find a better newer women.

If you do not like these sort of stories, you could read about other minority husbands in the LW...........

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 10 years ago
Entertaining

Almost makes me want to get a Mustang....but I'll leave that for my son and keep my MKS. Glad you're back. We've had a dry spell.

blackhorse7blackhorse7almost 10 years ago
Another Goodun!

So glad you were able to write another great story for us. Keep up the Outstanding contributions. BH7

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Flaming

I think this type of story deserves to have its own flamers, just as the other type in this category does. So, here goes:

This is miscategorized. As well-written as it may be, it's not really a sexual or erotic tale; it's a morality tale that upholds traditional values and dismisses the possibility of unrealistic sexual escapades. Hello, "realism" was never what the erotica industry was founded on, especially not the literary version. Put this crap in "non-erotic" where it belongs so the rest of us can read EROTIC stories as the site's name suggests. When will Revengerotica finally get around to making two hubs -- one for the MAJORITY who prefer HOT, SEXY stories, and one for the MINORITY who want to preach their old-fashioned Christian morality and never ever dare get off thinking about something kinky, taboo, or different?

Obviously this is a silly rant, but do you see how it's equally silly directed at any other type of story on this site? Please keep that in mind. This story, by the way, is a fucking great piece of writing, even though at no time did I find any part of it to be "erotic".

All the best to everybody!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Too long?

@Why Anon

Here's that short story you wanted.

Hi, my name's Bob and that there is my cellmate Bubba. I'm here in this jail because my wife cheated on me with her dipshit ex. His name's Jason BTW. Buddy of mine got the goods-video and lots of it. So, I got in my car, took my Desert Eagle along as insurance and had it out with old Jason. I put one in his chest and emptied the rest of the clip on his limp dick. Unfortunately the police showed up, arrested me and here I am doing 20yrs for premeditated murder. Seems, her Honour, Judge Hawks takes a dim view towards husbands who take the law into their own hands.

Was that short enough for you?

d2talld2tallalmost 10 years ago
That was great!!

Loved it. That from a retired Ford employee. Love those damn stangs also. Great story, keep'm coming.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Great homage!

Great homage to JPB. The "just plain Bob" lines had me cracking up! Great tale all around, even if Wifey was dumber than a box of bowling balls. Stang, you either make the wives in your tales terminally stupid, irredeemably sociopathic, or both. I think Jane falls into the former category. Either way, it was a fun tale, and I'm looking forward to your next one.

5 HUGE Stars!

jacsrjacsralmost 10 years ago
I Like It

Now this is the type of stories I really like.

Its tragic, and comic at the same time, just down right funny.

Looking forward to the net posting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ok

You are a good writer but your stories are very very similar, they always follow the line of cheating wife husband leaves and quickly finds a feisty younger woman to make everything better.

If you read one you have basically read them all.

byteme2ubyteme2ualmost 10 years ago
Southern Women

You're certainly right about the Southern women. I could listen to them talk all day.

Another great story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I howled!

Thanks again!

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
That's the way it goes.

All because Bob did not take Jane in hand when he first found out about her emails.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Another Great One

Another well told story. Generally I am a BTB kind of guy, but in this case I am not so sure about it. By telling the story from different points of view you allowed us to understand Jane. While Jane was not too bright and certainly was foolish she had been a good wife and mother for twenty years. Many guys still married to the same sex-less shrew long after 20 years. Jane loved her husband as best as she could given her limited intelligence. Perhaps she'd screw up again and do some other stupid thing. I don't know. I do know that you made her more of a person by letting us see her side of it. Her husband didn't try to stop her from her foolishness. All he'd have to do is send the messages he'd copied to Jason's wife. Instead he set her up. Yup she was dumb, but she wasn't really a slut. She was just another lost person floundering with no one to help her. I would have liked to read another persons point of view on what was happening with her. A more impartial view. The ambiguity of this made this better and more real. That Bob took the easy and questionable way out and ran off with a woman that certainly had some baggage. He left his wife and daughter behind. Yes, his daughter too. She will be dealing with the divorce for the rest of her life too. Maybe there is a third option other than BTB or cuckold. Maybe it is think it through, man up, take care of your family for better or worse and stop running away in your matchbox car like a little boy. (No offense intended)

Richie4110Richie4110almost 10 years ago
One of your best

As always you are the current pace setter for this genre. You do it right every time.

I don't have words to make my position clearer.

5*

katibkatibalmost 10 years ago
Simply beautiful...

...that's all, and it is enough.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasheralmost 10 years ago
Good story but...

I gave your story 4 stars, if it were anyone else it would get 5. You tried too hard to write with a southern accent. Also I felt the wife didn't show enough regret or anger when Jason forced himself on her. Please don't get me wrong, you are one of the best writers on here, its just this was not up to your level of writing that I'm use too. Its still a god story and I enjoyed reading it, but trying to write a southern accent doesn't always work.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 10 years ago
I had to stop reading

When Jane went to the hotel with Jason I realized that SS06 was making fun of the mentally challenged and I had to stop. Not at all believable.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Your back!

Glad your back!

Here! Catch this five!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
From a Mustang driving hillbilly..

quit making fun of my accent. LOL

I am glad you finally started writing again. The LW section has been struggling except for a few good stories lately.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 10 years ago
Spotty in places

But not too spotty to drop below FIVE!

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Good Read

The testing vs. the preemptive strike are interesting alternatives, but if you want to keep your partner you go for the second. Bob does work his way through and decides for the first option. On the other hand, we know that she was living in a dream world all ready. Only Jason could really destroy her dream world, as he did.

I note that in her relationship with Jason she was very submissive..

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
NEW LOVE IS BLOOMING

in O-HI-O without any Nixon or tin soldiers. TK U MLJ LV NV

kelchakelchaalmost 10 years ago
OK Story

Four stars cause the woman was the usual moron and husband a saint. Typical of your stories. Small tits and big ass is also a fetish of mine so was tempted to give a five. Especially the big sweet tasty ass. Could not give perfect score cause felt the marriage should have survived. Wife was retard for short while, but came to understand how stupid she had been.

Is there no mercy or compassion for someone you have been with for more than twenty years? Geez, you know that twat is pretty much the same after a douche and the passage of a little time. One strike and you're out?

How about for the next story, love is really enough to overcome a little stupidity. Would be a change and a challenge for you. The BTB crowd would have your balls if the story was not done in a unique way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
U are one of my favorite writers on here.

This was a great story! Liked it from start to finish. Keep up the great writing and u will always have me as a reader!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sorry

One of your worst. These are replicas of real people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Two Stars

The meeting up with Callie was too contrived. Divorcing Jane was fine, but having her live the rest of her life as a pauper was a bit over the top. Aunt Tilly pulling a scam on her relatives was also a bit over the top, and unrelated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Pretty bad

Sorry this one was just bad.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
I'm back I want to say some more!

I read this and laughed my ass off; first at the story, and then at the comments.

Though some are sad and some are somber I can't name a single Stang story that isn't fanciful. They're just fun to read.

Yes, you had to get that stupid overpriced under-powered piece of poo poo in the story didn't you. You need to get yourself a pick-up.

The southern accent thing you've got wrong. There's nothing like the soft, almost fragrant, melodious beauty of an eastern Tennessee girl.. They have a beautiful sonorous sound that can't be described on paper.

Hats off to Aunt Tilly!

I felt badly for Jane, but Callie deserved to get what Jane threw away.

And Bob? Well he's just plain Bob, a good old boy. I'm glad he landed on his feet.

Thanks Stang, "Go ahead. Write another. Make my day."

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsalmost 10 years ago
Welcome Back

Glad to have you back.

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
****

Despite all the negative comments from your anonymous readers, I thought it a good tale. Humorous, serious, and almost sexy in parts. Cheers!

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 10 years ago
Sorry man!

Sorry SS06. This one was pretty weak. Alway enjoy reading your stuff but this one just seemed well... thrown together. Of course you put out a TON of them! LOL!

Also still looking forward to your next one.

OOAAOOAAalmost 10 years ago
Excellent and sad story

Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What the fuck?

What the fuck is up with all the under-18 characters in this story? And all the underage sex? So creepy...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

he should give jane a second chance

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Boring!!!

Don't know if this stuff happens in real life but I found myself skipping pages think Bob and Jane would make it work. Sorry I even took the time to read it. Could have been a much better story if you had Bob and Jane heading off into a romantic sunset and screwing like rabbits all the while.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
a second chance ?

Why should Bob give Jane a second chance ?

Bob read her facebook page with her disrespect for him.

Bob knows that if Jason had not been such a complete loser Jane would have left Bob for Jason.

Jason did nothing for Jane for the twenty years Bob was taking care of her and she was still ready to chose Jason over Bob.

Bob has enough self respect that he will not accept being second place.

Bob knows that her vow to forsake all others was and is false.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
There were a lot of errors!!!

Don't know if you were rushing to get this one out or not, but there were a lot of errors in this story

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
entertaining

All the characters had their own flaws, some just more so than others. You probably enjoyed including her for the dialect and the side show, but the story didn't really need Callie. She was a distraction to the interplay between husband and wife, and as he said, two wrongs don't make a right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Stopped reading about page 3 when you stopped putting any intelligent

thought into your post. She asks him if his wife knows... he goes silent... he tells her he'll call her husband... she falls for it. Why, because StandStar06 is a lazy fuck! To lazy to put any thought into the story. She could easily just say, sure call my husband, and after he tracks you down and beats you to a pulp, Ill call your wife. Done over with. Your readers all know this... pretty much the only two on this entire planet who can't think of this is the stupid wife in your story and you the stupid author. I get pissed and insulted when a author is lazy about their posting. If you have no pride, why the fuck are you posting here??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To anonymous "Stopped reading at page 3"

If you're so good at writing - you write your own and let StangStar insult you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To bad all you write about is Dumb cheating wives.

Ss6 all I ever see from you is a college grad marrying a dumb wife , if see is educated or not. So here we have another dumb wife story that has 9 pages. There all the same. I never knew so many dumb women , what about dumb guys? Cheating works both ways maybe it's 60/40 with guys on the prowl more. A male almost always uses his head between his legs as his brain and women are more into a relationship with love , caring, and deeper emotion. Yet only males kill at least 90 % of the time. Can you tell me when there was a female shooter at one of the schools where there was gun violence? So you continue to make the male the wronged one in your stories. Too bad for such a good writer.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago

It's the same story again and again and again. Only this time with way more continuity errors and a god awful attempt at writing accents!

At least this one was less misogynistic than some of your worst, it's not like you've stopped being so obviously bitter and hating women you just managed to go without anyone being overtly raped in this one. So, one star for that at least.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
NOTHING POSTED HERE SINCE APRIL 2014

What are you talking about? You haven't posted anything here since April 8th ..

Maybe at the other site. But NOT here.

Back to the story.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amused at comments....

SS06 has a particular style of writing and for the most part his stories follow a similar pattern. Not all follow this pattern but most. Since that is well known, why do people who dislike his writing even bother reading his stories. That seems fairly masochistic.

Of course, he has and does try to stretch his writing, and those who love his basic formula often attack those attempts. However at least you understand why they read his stories.

I enjoy his basic story, his writing style and humor. Sometimes he executes the stories better than others, but I love his efforts. I also enjoy the times he stretches his skills and appreciate his willingness to share those efforts.

M

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
funny

It's humorous how some people knock ss06's work yet, they keep coming back. Ss06 keep writing and I'll keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
3*s

By the end of page #1: the husband is ready to divorce. Because the wife is flirting on Facebook. Twenty years of marriage isn't worth the effort of a confrontation.

By the end of page#2: the wife is ready to leave her husband. For a man she has not met in 20 years.

This story is a cuckoo clock. Your first 10 or so paragraphs are the windup !

I did like the character of Rick. He was funny and original!!

And another thing.... oh sorry . I see, I forgot ..uhmm . My better half tells me since I paid nothing I need to keep my complaints to myself.

SS06 another fine effort. 3*s. Can't wait for your next story .Thanks

AMerryMan

tmewlkrtmewlkralmost 10 years ago
Liked It

I have always liked your stories, But Jane's name should've been Jenny.

sledgesledgealmost 10 years ago
Great story

Loved it but I've been missing your great stories.

It was perfect. Don't wait so long for the next one.

From a big fan!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Disturbed by story

First I like the style of writing. I flows well. I haven't read that many of your stories so I can't speak as to the sameness of them. But this story disturbed me. I sympathized too much with the wife. After 20 years of marriage with her only child leaving the nest she found herself in a rut that she didn't even realize. As much as her husband loved her things hadn't changed (except for the loss of her daughter) in years. Then out of nowhere came an old flame. Different people process memory differently. I remember and dwell on my failures. She, like my wife, remembered the good parts with rose colored glasses and when Jason started the sweet talk the glasses went to work. Hubby then shut down alllll that love instantly. He was 3/4 out the door even before she left. He didn't even try. So much for true love. Then not a half day after leaving the "love of his life" he finds the real "love of his life". Poor baby. If Bob loved Jane as much as he said he did then a reconciliation would have been not only possible but likely and I'm normally a btb person. As written it makes Obamacare working as promised more believable.

Having said that I'm going to read another of your stories. If your writing professionally you need to write for a public who will buy your work. Here your writing for yourself and sharing with others. If you wrote this but somehow felt dissatisfied with it re-read my criticisms otherwise ignore the cr*p I wrote above and all the other nay sayers and write another story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Ohio

I miss his writing. This story...not so much. Nine pages...really?

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 10 years ago
Excessive.

Standard middle age wet dream. Guy trades in his unfaithful wife on a younger model, everything he touches turns to gold and his wife ends up destitute, pining for her previous lost life. Nothing wrong with that but it has been done better. 3*

Nine pages? I heard an American thriller writer give a talk at a literary lunch on the radio. He read out 1000 words from the second draft of his latest book describing his hero climbing a guard tower and shooting a terrorist. It was full of descriptions of the tower, the weather, the gun, the rounds he was using, etc.

He then read how it finished up in the book, it was eleven words, "he climbed the tower and shot the terrorist between the eyes." Sometimes less is more.

1zardoz956081zardoz95608almost 10 years ago
OH! LORDY!

That was the best "Gotcha" ending I've read in a long time! Thanks, Stanger! Jim.

Alaska84Alaska84almost 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Too long

Too boring

Too stupid

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Same

You write almost the same stuff every time. This could have been done in 2 pages. Boring as bat shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
keep up the writing

love your stories. it makes my day to read one.

DjshengDjshengalmost 10 years ago
Hehehehehe

I saw some references to other authors there, good job! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Awsome story

Dude I've been readiing all your stories and even read some of the great stories more than 4 times and never got old... thanks and hoping for more.. I thought you stop since its been a while...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
HA! Always fun times to be had...

I never really get tired of your stories. As a bona-fide Southerner myself, I have to admit the accents in this one were pretty funny to read (though not totally off the mark). Keep em' coming Stang!

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 10 years ago
Husband wins

I do like to read stories were the husband wins and is not a walked over by a cheating, cuckolding wife.

Though the story could have been condense down to half of the original length.

Still a good read and a enjoyable plot.

draftingmonkeydraftingmonkeyalmost 10 years ago
Another good story

as usual SS06. Though she had a minor role my favorite character was Aunt Tilly. Pulled a fast one on the whole greedy bunch of them. Keep up the great writing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Nice

When you cheat on a loving, faithful spouse you do not wind up in the happily ever after category. The bad people were screwed over and the good became happy. And Aunt Tilly was a hoot. Great tale.

Five Stars

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
4 Stars

I've been going through Stang's stories, catching up on the few I haven't read, skimming and voting on the rest after refreshing my memory.

I did comment on this earlier about her foolishness, but I'd like to second the comment that someone else made, why didn't he just confront her right away? Wasn't 20 years worth that much?

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

@Karene

You should check out Stangs section on Sol as there are 5-6 ones over there that haven't been posted here along with a few that have different endings.

As for stepping in and stopping Jane from visiting her fuckbuddy, how would he ever be able to trust her after wards? She had to be the one to decide not to cheat. Hell she was already planning on dumping her husband of twenty years before she even saw dipshit never mind fucking him, so she got exactly what she deserved IMHO.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed

I am all for reconciliation when someone makes a onetime stupid mistake, but not for something like this wife planned. The hubby did not have the luxury of the wife's private thoughts, as did the reader. Her thoughts on the plane comparing hubby to her old flame were simply cruel. Plus, she had every intention of leaving for good. Doesn't matter that she snapped out of it pretty quickly and realized that she had just been caught up in the memories. What if the guy had remained a stud? She only snapped out of it because hubby turned out to be better. In reality, hubby was just the lesser of two evils. I do realize that human nature has a tendency to glamorize old memories. We often do it innocently enough. I do believe this is what happened to her, and she was not malicious. She genuinely loved her husband. She just realized that too late. He may not have had the readers perspective, but he did read her emails. That was very damaging.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Was 20 years worth trying to stop her?

A common characteristic of Stang's stories is the introduction of a new love interest. This comes across as some kind of reward for the wounded husband. He gets screwed by the wife, but in the end is rewarded with a better woman. It's too convenient. It also gets in the way of the story. What would he have done had he not met Callie? I'm not saying he would have taken her back under those circumstances. I think he was right to leave. However, I like the human element - two characters working through their emotions and trying to find reason in the situation. When a new love interest appears at the 11th hour and steal the guys heart, it robs us of true resolution and prevents the wounded husband from making an enlightened decision. If my wife hurts me and I run away only to bump into JLo (who falls madly in love with me), it's end of story. The decision to leave has been made for me. I'd be an idiot to go back to the wife. This is how most of Stang's stories go. Once he met Callie, I was tempted to simply stop reading the story. I immediately knew what was going to happen. So, should he have tried to stop her before she went too far? After he read her emails, she had already gone too far. Plus, once he met Callie, the twenty years was no longer a factor in his thinking. That seemingly significant factor, suddenly became a nonfactor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
???

okay for 1 you fucked up the story 2 is callie retarded ? no one speaks like that 3 the part of callies story dont do that again that fucked it up for me big time

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
A BTOB story

I give 5 stars for your usual entertaining writing and panache, but I subtract an imaginary one (not counted!) for leaving me sad. Stories about long loving relationships going up in flames are tragedy- there aren't really winners, even if the man is gifted with a hot rebound babe. Nothing is sadder than a person just about to enter into the golden years with a loving spouse, then losing it all. Doesn't matter if they deserve it. I empathize with the poor woman who tossed it all away, even though she was a true idiot and a moron. Being lonely the rest of your life is something many of us fear- one car crash, cancer, any number of things can screw our lives up. I guess it could have summarized this quicker by saying I'm just not a BTB guy... Definitely not a BTOB (burn the old bitch) guy unless the woman is truly despicable.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
story

one of your best. I think I read it before but enjoyed it just as much. I actually picked it as it appears to be the newest listing. Are you still writing?

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
One of your best

Enjoyable and fun story especially thr characters, I liked them all except for Jason. I felt bad for Jane but she screwed herself and she has herself to blame. The southern drawal was fun and well done. Thank you for your effort.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 9 years ago
Good story as usual worth reading

Does SS06 ever write a terrible story. Not that I have seen but some are better than others. Bottom line all our worth the time to read - not like I had to buy the story.

I will agree with a comment by Drbeamer3333, it probably would have made a better story. I believe SS06 has gone in that direction or near there before to the best of my thinking in one of his past stories. Of course if you look at all his stories that is becoming a large body of work. Of which I will Thank you very much for writing and sharing. So please keep writing and I will keep reading

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeover 9 years ago
Less rehash more Callie

I enjoyed the story but would have preferred reading a lot more about Callie while spending less time rehashing the same events from multiple perspectives.

Giving a bit of individual perspective about events is necessary to help flush out characters but too much of it causes the story to start to drag. Besides, Callie was a much more interesting character. Her life and interaction with Bob made for a much richer and enjoyable read than simply rehashing events from Jane's perspective that had already been covered through Bob's.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
An entertaining story and it finally got to the ending we knew was coming.

And I agree with you about the deep-south accent of the women, I have spent 90% of my 76 years in the South and I love it. I have lived in LA and the last 15 years in MS, lucky me. South Louisiana, Low SC, middle GA on south, all that area and other places, too. Parts of TN. Since I am from Arkansas I don't notice the accent until it really drips off their tongues. I enjoyed your attempt and that of your editor to try to represent it and it was entertaining but mostly ya'll did not touch it but A for effort. Thank you for trying and for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
As usual a great one

Great story I loved it, I really liked the line "or is it ""just plain Bob"".

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Thank yew! Y'all done a fine job on this'n, ah dew declair. Y'all come back now, heah? Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Unbelieveable!

Another cookie cutter masterpiece! Felt like I was there, and dying of boredom right from the beginning. A rubbish effort, obviously written by a wanker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Gaveb uit a 5

Great story and love how anony. hates it

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Only one thing

Only one thing could possibly have made this story better. Doctors screw up all the time, and having Called get pregnant would have made the story absolutely perfect.

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
Lighten Up!

I really don't understand the comments that attack the author. This author puts his time and energy into writing a story. If you don't like or agree with the story that is fine but why attack the author. If you read SS06's stories you will probably find a wife who makes stupid choices, a mustang or two, a bubble-gum chewing process server, a second girl (woman) who really loves the guy, and a humorous line or two. I enjoy his stories but I don't try and talk everyone else to enjoy them. They are what they are.

As to this story, she cheated before she ever got on the plane. She had everything all set up with her fantasy ex-boyfriend before she ever left home. At that point the relationship was over-in my opinion. Why should the husband fight for something that he had no control over? She was cheating on facebook with Jason. Was the husband going to tie her up and keep her home. She was making plans in her head on how to dump her husband and remain with the ex-boyfriend fantasy. Who cares that he was a bum and lousy lover, she cheated not once but twice. She deserved everything that happened to her...the husband did nothing wrong-in my opinion. I actually liked Callie and the old aunt, and the southern accent.

Thanks for writing an enjoyable and entertaining story. I appreciate it and will keep reading your stories...some a second and third time.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous