All Comments on 'Transparency'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
friend40friend40almost 10 years ago
Good read

I liked how you put it together.

CleardaynowCleardaynowalmost 10 years ago
Nice poem

Nicely put together poem with a good progression.

Personally, I always feel uncomfortable with anyone who says something like “I give and I give and I give without asking for anything because it is who I am” and is worried because they have been hurt so often in the past. The person is never thoughtless or selfish or inconsiderate – say to someone who is not their one and only true love? Would everyone else agree with the self assessment?

I have spent a lot of indignation at the women who have been cruel and thoughtless to me but eventually came to think about how I in turn treated women I did not love or fancy greatly.

I sort of think that I would want to stay clear of someone with that degree of self knowledge.

That of course only affects the quality of the poem to limited extent. Apart from anything else, a poem does not have to be 100% autobiographical. It is overall a good poem I believe.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2504 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...